You think you have problems at your church?

Posted By: Ikan

You think you have problems at your church? - 06/22/05 07:15 PM

After reading this, you'll think your church's boogy-men are real angels:

No resting place for the wicked

[ June 22, 2005, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Phil N. D'blanc ]
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: You think you have problems at your church? - 06/23/05 04:11 AM

Interesting article, may the Lord bless their decision... I do hope He was part of making it.

I saw one quote however which is worthy of atleast one raised eyebrown:

quote:
"The overriding concern was how can the church continue to support the community, especially as it relates to funeral services, and at the same time ensure that total respect is given to the one object on earth on which God has placed His supreme regard," said Allen.
I hope they are not talking about the building the church gathers in in this statement.

/Thomas
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: You think you have problems at your church? - 06/23/05 04:13 AM

double post...
Posted By: Ikan

Re: You think you have problems at your church? - 06/23/05 04:30 AM

That's hard to say, Thomas: It would be pretty hard to enforce respect for either building or denomination with "rascals".

My question was: Why did the family of the dead (someone among them must have been SDA)think that burying a unsaved ( or nominal?) member of the family in an SDA setting would make any difference to him? Is this a case of a funeral service for the living? If so, and they knew their son was a rascal, why announce it to his rascal friends, knowing that Jamacian custom produces rowdy funerals?

Perhaps razoren can explain things for us, as this is his conference.
Posted By: razorren

Re: You think you have problems at your church? - 06/23/05 05:44 AM

I can? [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

Jamacia is 100% different from the Bahamas (were I live). For example..there have been close to 800 murders in Jam since the begining of the year. There is high amount of violence, so I can understand that the church would want to be cautious and protect those people attending while at the same time maintaining a athmosphere of decency.

Then again...those 'rascals' need to hear "the wages of sin is death" and that their sins will destroy them unless they seek the Saviour. That funeral may be the last chance many of them have to hear a verbal call to repent.

Its not a easy situation...one that I am simpathic to.

--Ren
Posted By: razorren

Re: You think you have problems at your church? - 06/23/05 05:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Phil N. D'blanc:
My question was: Why did the family of the dead (someone among them must have been SDA)think that burying a unsaved ( or nominal?) member of the family in an SDA setting would make any difference to him?

Because they are used to attending funerals in which the absolute worst of the wicked get a full praise report, and all a's on their final report card. The pastor overlooks their dark deeds and comforts the audience with lying words like...

(1) He / she is in heaven looking down right now
(2) They went home with their lord

etc, etc

There is no reality! No call to repentense! No pleading with family and friends to seek the Lord!

Does the happen at sda funerals you ask?? Maybe not...but if you take 1 from 100 you are then left with a majority.

--Ren
Posted By: Windmill

Re: You think you have problems at your church? - 06/24/05 08:09 AM

Maybe the intentions are good but they should really be more careful about how they make it sound in their press realease, it comes off horrible. I mean, the SDA church is the fastest growing denomination apparently, we don't want to stunt its growth by sacring people off by accident =P
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church