Is Milk Kosher?

Posted By: Daryl

Is Milk Kosher? - 11/02/03 02:11 AM

I copied the following from the following web site:

http://www.imageyenation.com/News/Ismilkkosher.html

For easier reading, I am also quoting it below:

quote:

IS MILK KOSHER?

Pig products in commercial Milk. Vitamin D from skin and brains!

By Robert Cohen

"Have you seen the little piggies, crawling in the dirt? And for all the little piggies, life is getting worse." -- George Harrison, The Beatles. 1968

Observant Jews, Muslims, and vegetarians eat no pig, or so they believe. The information in this column is going to provide one very sad surprise for those who drink milk.

At one time, Vitamin D-2 was added to milk. Vitamin D-2 is manufactured by exposing bacteria and algae to ultra-violet light. D-2 imparted a bitter taste to dairy products, and so was replaced by vitamin D-3. The source of Vitamin D-3 may now leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

I recently attempted to learn the source of Vitamin D-3 by calling dairy processors. I called the United States Department of Agriculture. I called my own New Jersey State Department of Agriculture. I called dairy industry professors and editors of dairy magazines.

Not one individual could give me the answer.

Finally, I learned about an industry conference called the Vitamin D workshop. Anthony Norman Norman@ucrac1.ucr.edu responded to my inquiry:

"Basically D-3 always is derived from an animal. The sunlight reaction that converts 7-dehydrocholesterol to vitamin D-3 is a 'pure' chemical reaction that occurs in your skin in certain cells."

Do they extract D-3 from human skin and add that substance to milk? Certainly not.

Marian Herbert of the Vitamin D Workshop, a division of the biochemistry department at the University of California, wrote:

"The provitamin known as 7-dehydrocholesterol is extracted and isolated from the skins of mammals and purified."

I have subsequently learned that Vitamin D-3 can come from four different sources:

Pig skin, sheep skin, raw fish liver, and pig brains. Most of the time, Vitamin D-3 is extracted from pig skin and sold to dairy processors.

Folks...Those who keep Kosher do so by observing the dietary laws set down in the Bible.

In EXODUS 23:19 we read:

"You shall not boil a kid in its mother's milk."
Dairy and meat do not mix. That is a taboo in the homes of many Americans.

Today you learn that this biblical and social "abomination" is routinely disrespected by 21st century milk producers.

If you drink milk, you consume extracts from animals.

In kindergarten and first grade, children learn that Vitamin D is the "Sunshine Vitamin." We soon forget our lessons, and subordinate our knowledge to dairy industry brainwashing. Some secrets are well kept. The Vitamin D-3 secret can now be told.

Spread the news!

Robert Cohen author of: MILK - The Deadly Poison
(201-871-5871)
Executive Director
Dairy Education Board
http://www.notmilk.com

They said to spread the news, therefore, I am spreading the news!

Does anybody know anything more about this?
Posted By: Wendy F

Re: Is Milk Kosher? - 11/02/03 10:29 AM

If you use dairy I think that you can avoid this by purchasing from a small, organic dairy farmer. Or maybe by milking your own cow? Hmmmmm. Jersey's are cute. [Smile]

wf
Posted By: Alpendave

Re: Is Milk Kosher? - 11/02/03 11:24 AM

Lets hope that with the organic dairy farmers it not just a question of how there milk is produced. If they fortify it with Vit D, lets hope it's the good stuff. The same can be said of Soy milk. Where do they get there Vit D and B12?

"Jersey's are cute." LOL

Dave
Posted By: Wendy F

Re: Is Milk Kosher? - 11/02/03 12:19 PM

Exactly Dave. I just figured that you could get a pretty direct answer from a smaller farmer.
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: Is Milk Kosher? - 11/02/03 06:52 PM

We live near a pig farm - down wind in fact. The air is verily polluted with dust laced with pig organisms. Breathing this air is equivalent to eating pork, right? Am I thus guilty of violating the levitical dietary laws? Or where do I draw the line?

Re: Is Milk Kosher? - 11/02/03 06:55 PM

Interesting thought, Dave, about what could also be in the soy milk, unless, of course, you are using So Good which is our church produced soy milk originating from Australia.
Posted By: Will

Re: Is Milk Kosher? - 11/03/03 08:36 PM

Amazing that Vitamin-D3 replace D2 because of the taste? I drink Soy Nice milk and it has Vitamin D2 and you can'tell at all. Interesting that this is added when we look at all the diseases you find in meats today.

God Bless,
Will
Posted By: Alpendave

Re: Is Milk Kosher? - 11/11/03 11:29 PM

Country Crock's Shed Spread that is fortified with calcium and vitamins uses Vit D-3. The plain one doesn't have Vit D added.

Dave
Posted By: Will

Re: Is Milk Kosher? - 11/14/03 01:47 AM

There are 2 types of 'butter' that we use and one of them is from Olive Oil, and the other is from soy bean, and they are not bad at all. In a nutshell milk is definitely not kosher..crazy times.

God Bless,
Will
Posted By: D R

Re: Is Milk Kosher? - 12/06/03 09:15 AM

Check out the ingredients in Canadian cow milk and I see a difference from that in the USA, there is no vitamin D-3 here in our Canadian milk. Yes there is vitamin D check out my source at http://www.dairyland-ca.com/faq.htm
There are questions and answers there about dairy products in Canada. The following refers to vitamin D in our milk.

"Q: What is the source of Vitamin A and Vitamin D in milk?

A: Both vitamins A and D are from a synthetic source ( non-animal ): Vitamin A is from lemon grass oil and Vitamin D is derived from lanolin extracted from sheep's wool. It is Federal Government legislation that these vitamins are added to milk. These vitamins help promote bone and tooth development; vitamin A promotes good night vision and maintains the health of the skin and membranes."

For years I have understood that our Canadian food regulations have been different (better ?) than those in the USA, especially when it comes to animal products such as Meat, Eggs and dairy.
How long will we hold off on changing our diets when the foods around us are "POISON"! Aspertame is in almost everything that is sweet, and it is a POISON!
1 bottle of Soda POP is a chemical cocktail that has been studied to be worse for a human than 1 bottle of beer! Yikes, and how many of us have no problem chugging down a Root Beer or Mountain Dew? [Reading]

Re: Is Milk Kosher? - 12/07/03 03:18 AM

[Thank You] Thank you for the Canadian milk link, Daniel. [Thank You]
Posted By: Brandi

Re: Is Milk Kosher? - 12/07/03 07:16 AM

quote:
Breathing this air is equivalent to eating pork, right?
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Now, THIS is just the most crazy thing I've ever heard of in my life! Hope you don't ever go to a restaraunt or walk down the street, because unless you live in a town that is totally tobacco free, you are going to be breathing in some of that tobacco.
Oh ya, don't be driving with your windows down, someone in front of you or beside you might be smoking as well. Don't be going anywhere near the meats in a store, because, you know they have an aroma, you might as well be eating the meat.
Now, I don't know where or even HOW you came up with what you said, but I must say, that is about the most crazy thing I've heard in more than a decade! [Roll Eyes]

Hopefully you are not downwind from someone that also smokes drugs or tobacco, because, that means YOU would be doing the drugs and/or smoking tobacco right along with them. You will be committing a crime! [Eek!]
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: Is Milk Kosher? - 12/08/03 01:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Richards:
For years I have understood that our Canadian food regulations have been different (better ?) than those in the USA, especially when it comes to animal products such as Meat, Eggs and dairy.
How long will we hold off on changing our diets when the foods around us are "POISON"! Aspertame is in almost everything that is sweet, and it is a POISON!

hmm, I thought that aspertame was one of the essential amino acids that build up the proteins needed in the body...

/Thomas
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church