Can you help me find EGW statements?

Posted By: Norman

Can you help me find EGW statements? - 10/10/05 09:49 PM

Hi friends,

I am looking for some information about behavior in public between married people. (Public Diplay of Affection)

I'm not really looking for personal opinions, just EGW quotes, counsel or comments.

Thanks for your help.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Can you help me find EGW statements? - 10/10/05 10:28 PM

Since you are strictly looking for EGW quotes, I moved this topic into the Spirit Of Prophecy forum.

If I come across a/any quote/s I will post it/them here.

Re: Can you help me find EGW statements? - 10/10/05 11:00 PM

I have done some word searching and have come to the conclusion that it won't be easy to find any quotes in this area, if any quotes even exist.

Re: Can you help me find EGW statements? - 10/10/05 11:08 PM

I found the following quote that comes closest to what you may be looking for:

quote:

Women Must Uphold High Standard of Conduct.-- I write with a distressed heart that the women in this age, both married and unmarried, too frequently do not maintain the reserve that is necessary. They act like coquettes. They encourage the attentions of single and married men, and those who are weak in moral power will be ensnared. These things, if allowed, deaden the moral senses and blind the mind so that crime does not appear sinful.

Thoughts are awakened that would not have been if woman had kept her place in all modesty and sobriety. She may have had no unlawful purpose or motive herself, but she has given encouragement to men who are tempted, and who need all the help they can get from those associated with them. By being circumspect, reserved, taking no liberties, receiving no unwarrantable attentions, but preserving a high moral tone and becoming dignity, much evil might be avoided. {AH 331.3}

Is this along the line of quotes you are looking for?
Posted By: Norman

Re: Can you help me find EGW statements? - 10/11/05 05:30 AM

Hi Daryl, that's good. Thanks for your help. I tried to find something before and couldn't find anything. Now I just have to look up "coquettes"

Thanks

Norman

Re: Can you help me find EGW statements? - 10/12/05 05:03 AM

I am happy to have been of some help to you. [Smile]
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church