William Foy

Posted By: Daryl

William Foy - 04/27/06 12:11 AM

Quote:

We also see just before Ellen White the prophetic ministry of William Foy. Until the 1970s we thought that Foy had rejected the gift of prophey and soon died, but when he was researched, it was discovered that he was faithful in sharing his visions. Was the pastor of a large church in Boston which offered him a comfortable life. When Ellen Harmon started her ministry and he told how he saw the same things and how people ignored Mrs. White and crowded around him, he left Boston and moved to the backwoods of Maine pastoring small country churches and looking for people living in the back woods to minister to them, giving up a very comfortable life for a very hard life, but to minister in a place where people were off the beaten path and allow Mrs. White to have her ministry. In heaven his crown will share the stars with Mrs. White, as well as those from his ministry in Boston, but I believe that some of his stars are going to be a different color or have a unique glow or something that makes them stick out over the others, and they will be for the ones he found in the backwoods in Maine. He showed the same spirit as Jonathan showed to David.

Kevin,

Where did you obtain this information? What is its source?
Posted By: Kevin H

Re: William Foy - 04/27/06 10:09 AM

The book is titled "The Unknown Prophet" I can't remember the authors name, something like Delbert Baker seems to come to my mind. The was published by either the Review, or Southern or Pacific Press in the very late 1970s or early 80s. Sadly out of print, and the information about the research was brought up in classes in college and the seminary and at a youth rally I went to. You might be able to find it on places that sell used Adventist books or in our libaries.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church