Rules For Moderators on Moving, Editing, Deleting of Topics & Posts

Posted By: Daryl

Rules For Moderators on Moving, Editing, Deleting of Topics & Posts - 02/16/03 01:26 AM

In response to a question that was asked in one of the private forums of MSDAOL, I thought I would post the following Rules For All Moderators of MSDAOL to follow here:

A topic is never deleted without first moving a copy into one of the moderators forums for discussion purposes amongst all the moderators, or into the Administrative forum for record purposes.

The same is true of an edited post, or a completely deleted post.

When a topic is moved, or a post edited or removed, the person who made the post is normally notified, either in the edited post itself, by PM, or by email.

The purpose of posting the above here is so all members of MSDAOL will know the process being followed by all the moderators of MSDAOL.

If you feel this is not being followed, please notify me by sending an email to Administrator@maritime-sda-online.org

Thank you,

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Rules For Moderators on Moving, Editing, Deleting of Topics & Posts - 10/06/03 01:42 AM

A new rule that moderators can follow:

Words that are of an unkind descriptive nature are definitely unnecessary, and may be edited out with an explanation at the bottom of the post without the need to do anything else with either the topic or the post, as long as it doesn't affect the key message of the post.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church