trying to help the feelings of unbelievers

Posted By: Claudia Thompson

trying to help the feelings of unbelievers - 07/28/04 10:13 PM

You are not supposed to trick people into becoming a Seventh Day Adventist and then tell them the hard truths long after they have been baptised. And you are not supposed to water down the truth to try to help the feelings of unbelievers.

Jesus told people "You must eat My body and drink My blood." In the Spirit of Prophecy (Desire of Ages) we can read about that and the fact that He was telling them in order to be a real follower they must put His words into their very being and not just have an outward show... many turned away from the truth then. Jesus did not water down the truth.

Testimonies for the Church Volume One, page 560, paragraph 1
"The health reform is a branch of the special work of God for the benefit of His people. I saw that in an institution established among us the greatest danger would be of its managers' departing from the spirit of the present truth and from that simplicity which should ever characterize the disciples of Christ.

A warning was given me against lowering the standard of truth in any way in such an institution in order to help the feelings of unbelievers and thus secure their patronage. The great object of receiving unbelievers into the institution to lead them to embrace the truth. If the standard be lowered, they will get the impression that the truth is of little importance, and they will go away in a state of mind harder of access than before."

When people wake up and realize they have been virtually lied to by us watering down the hard truths of the Scriptures, they will not appreciate that.

Claudia
Posted By: John H.

Re: trying to help the feelings of unbelievers - 07/29/04 02:24 AM

A sad part about that is that those who are doing the 'watering down' would argue that they aren't doing it.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church