How to motivate me to choose life?

Posted By: James Saptenno

How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/18/12 08:08 AM

Dear all.

Let's share and discuss a new topic.

I want this time about the new world, an eternal world with eternal beings saved by Christ.

What kind of a life would the saved faced in this eternal time? Would it be a boring life or a fascinating one?

This life on earth I knew the best, the life in the flesh I enjoy the most, so, how can I compare this life with the new world where people will live eternally, if there is so little information about it? How can I willfully made up my mind and choosing this new life, which I had so little knowledge? How could it interest me? I'm afraid leading a boring life there.

Do we remember our old life while we live there? Will it not arise some desires to live it again?

Maybe some of you could quote from the SOP about this life we would live in the eternal new world.
Posted By: kland

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/18/12 03:59 PM

Some would say it has to be better than the alternative. That is, if you do not choose eternal life, God will either burn and torture you forever ... or for at least as long as you deserve. In which case, I could not see spending eternal life with God would be very pleasant. You would never know when you may cross the line and anger Him.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/18/12 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: kland
Some would say it has to be better than the alternative. That is, if you do not choose eternal life, God will either burn and torture you forever ... or for at least as long as you deserve. In which case, I could not see spending eternal life with God would be very pleasant. You would never know when you may cross the line and anger Him.

Ho..ho..

A classic answer: "That is, if you do not choose eternal life, God will either burn and torture you forever ... or for at least as long as you deserve."

Do you really believe this, to be burnt and tortured in hell forever, or at least as long as a sinner deserve?

I don't believe this.

My choice to choose God and eternal life must abstain from all scary ideas. Must be a pure choice of loving God or loving the world and it desires.

Sinners would die instantly without any pain when facing their 2nd death.A nice death it should be, for just then we could choose God or this world equally fair.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/18/12 08:28 PM

You said..................In which case, I could not see spending eternal life with God would be very pleasant. You would never know when you may cross the line and anger Him.

Could this happen? Sinning again the new world?

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/21/12 09:31 AM

Originally Posted By: James Saptenno
You said..................In which case, I could not see spending eternal life with God would be very pleasant. You would never know when you may cross the line and anger Him.

Could this happen? Sinning again the new world?

I will answer myself, since you haven't answer yet.

We still have our free will choice in the eternal world, for we were created with this ability. But does our free will choice will lead us to sinning again? this I don't believe, because the saved ones have been experiencing a former life on earth in a sinful world in a sinful body and knew the worst of what sin could bring and have known the ultimate love of God.

Besides, in a perfect body the desires also are genuine perfect along with the perfect holy mind, and the perfect world, no desires to sin will be brought forward.

When Lucifer sinned, he didn't new the effect to himself, so did Adam. They just have a vague idea about what and where their rebellion will lead.

And if sinning might happen in the new world, God will not be taken wrong or cruel or tyrant in abolishing sinners the instant they sinned, unlike when Lucifer sinned.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/21/12 09:51 AM

So, to continue with the topic, what kind of things might interest believers to made up their mind and choose life?

Now about our bodies?

What kind of things a perfect body could give us to be our interest?

No illness and no weakness, strong and healthy alone?

May be I will go a little further, also no more toilets and bathrooms needed, because we no longer need a shower, peeing, farting and defecating.Ooh, how good is it.

Why? because the perfect world and our perfect body will not make us feel cold, or hot and sweating, and no dust in the atmosphere, we are perfect clean and well all the day long in eternity.

Our perfect body will consume all what the mouth takes without any waste remains and changed it into energy. On earth we will have all the needs to fart, to pee, to defecate, to shower because the world is corrupted by sin and we live in a imperfect sinful body.

Imagine if we still need to do these things in the new world, how many hassles we will face and experience, uncomfortable things.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/26/12 09:05 AM

Do we need to sleep in heaven and new world?

I don't think so, because there is no time in the new world, no sun, no moon, and this perfect body will never feel tired.

We will keep awake and full with energy and vitality to discover the universe God had created.

Sleeping, is what this sinful body need, but not our perfect body. We will not wasting our time with sleeping.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/26/12 09:06 AM

Any other idea?

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/29/12 07:31 AM

I heard that the saved also built homes and plants and eat what the their hand and land produce.

Why do we need homes or houses? If we don't need sleep or rest?

Do we need privacy in heaven and the new world? Why would that, if everything is openly known and shared?

How about if I built a very beautiful and good house which is much more beautiful then any others, would it not be a source of pride and self exaltation?
Posted By: Daryl

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/29/12 02:59 PM

Even though we may not need rest, as in sleep, we will still be social beings and freewill beings that will need to have a place where we can eat together in smaller groups or in even a type of family unit.

We can't even begin to comprehend what heaven will be like or what our new life will be like, but we do know that it will be totally and completely wonderful for the redeemed.

Also, all those questions will be complety answered then and there.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/30/12 11:52 AM

SOP told me also that wings will grow at our back gradually, so that we could fly like angels to explore the universe in lightning speed or much faster. Wow, that is interesting. I like to explore the universe.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/30/12 12:04 PM

I love the sea and the beach, why Revelation told us there is no more sea? For what reason it will be erased from our New World?

Is it because the sea is a symbol of evil?

We can explore the depth of the ocean without even getting wet and can hold our breath in a e very long time in this perfect body. We will not afraid of getting drown and die, right?

Maybe there is another kind of sea in other planets in the universe where we can go?

I love fishes and there is always an aquarium in my home, a pity if the all gone.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/30/12 02:49 PM

Prior to the Flood, it is my understanding there wasn't the oceans of water that presently exists.

It is my understanding that we will be moving back into that pre-Flood condition.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/31/12 05:32 PM

And if sinning might happen in the new world, God will not be taken wrong or cruel or tyrant in abolishing sinners the instant they sinned, unlike when Lucifer sinned.
Sinning could very well happen again in the new world if people had the fear I had indicated. For the question of God's character would still be there.

But the idea that God will directly abolish sinners the instant they sin, if they did in the new world, contains the same concept.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 10/31/12 05:39 PM

As far as your fascination with bodily functions go, were the exit points created after sin or before sin? If before, for what purpose?

When we eat a peach, and throw the seed on the ground, what will happen to the bits of peach still on the seed?

I had a professor speculate that perhaps the bacteria were created for the purpose of dissolving such material.

Regarding the seas, maybe you should look some more into it. Just because there are no more seas as we know them does not mean there is no more water and therefore no more fish.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 11/01/12 05:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Daryl F
Prior to the Flood, it is my understanding there wasn't the oceans of water that presently exists.

It is my understanding that we will be moving back into that pre-Flood condition.

Back into the pre-Flood condition?Hmm... interesting

You mean the same condition after the 6 days of creation?

But if the heat of hell on earth evaporate all waters from the ocean, lakes, even the atmosphere, it is not a same condition with the days of creation (Genesis 1:2,9).

If there is sea, or lakes, should be a new creation at all.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 11/01/12 06:13 AM

As far as your fascination with bodily functions go, were the exit points created after sin or before sin? If before, for what purpose?

I think, we are Adam descendants having the same body and function. According to me, the exits point will only functions once Adam sinned, same as death will only function once Adam sinned, if not, it will have no function. But nevertheless, it was created there. Maybe also because God knew what would happen to them.

Imagine if all the animals, birds flying around using their exit points to deliver the waste produced in their stomach, and with billions of people? Wow, it's really annoying, right?

Originally Posted By: kland)
When we eat a peach, and throw the seed on the ground, what will happen to the bits of peach still on the seed?[/quote

Since the bible said we will plant, sow, reap and eat what the hand and land produce, then the seed will continue with it power to grow.

[quote=kland)
Regarding the seas, maybe you should look some more into it. Just because there are no more seas as we know them does not mean there is no more water and therefore no more fish.

If the heat of hell evaporate all the waters on earth even the atmosphere, how would be there remaining seas and lakes? Unless God created it new, but the Revelation said, there is no more sea.

But in heaven we have this sea of glass like crystal (Rev. 4:6; 15:2), and this heaven will coming down to earth, it means we have a new kind of sea on earth, right? Who knows what is in it.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 11/01/12 04:20 PM

Quote:
If the heat of hell evaporate all the waters on earth even the atmosphere, how would be there remaining seas and lakes?
You're going to have to explain what you mean by this. It makes no sense to me.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 11/01/12 08:47 PM

Quote:
If the heat of hell evaporate all the waters on earth even the atmosphere, how would be there remaining seas and lakes?
You're going to have to explain what you mean by this. It makes no sense to me.

I know that sinners would be die in hell, including Satan and his gang, and this hell happened on this earth. The fire is so fierce as it comes from God, and evaporates whatever on earth is, including water, seas, lakes, atmosphere, etc, to prepare it for a new world, a new atmosphere, a new sky.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 11/02/12 08:35 AM

I have ever heard or read also an interesting idea of the new world. That because there is no death, even the flowers you plucked, will remain fresh and will never be withered, which is an indication of death for this flower. Is it from the SOP?

But I think this is not in line with bible perspective, although it is really a very interesting and fascinating idea. Imagine if you plucked flowers and put it in a vase, for the days and months ahead, it still look fresh. Also there will be no piles of dried leaves and withered vines, like your fall season. The world will remain clean.

But the bible said, that even there is no death because of there is no sin, but the only immortal being is God himself, all other creatures depend to His power, like human, they must eat the fruit of life to sustain the continuation of their lives.

So, If Adam is said to dress and keep the garden Eden, what kind of work he will do? Cleaning debris from old withered leaves, flowers and vines? Possible.

Because these flowers, vines, leaves must stick to the tree, if cut off or plucked, they will get no nutrition, and surely died, same as the saved people, if they will not eat the fruit of life, they too will surely die.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 11/02/12 06:50 PM

and evaporates whatever on earth is, including water, seas, lakes, atmosphere, etc, to prepare it for a new world, a new atmosphere, a new sky.
I assume that is your thoughts rather than supported somewhere?

Anyway, either there is no water in the new world since it is gone, or there is a new water. Assuming there is new water, then there is no reason not to believe there are new bodies of water with fish.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 11/03/12 11:39 AM

and evaporates whatever on earth is, including water, seas, lakes, atmosphere, etc, to prepare it for a new world, a new atmosphere, a new sky.
I assume that is your thoughts rather than supported somewhere?

Anyway, either there is no water in the new world since it is gone, or there is a new water. Assuming there is new water, then there is no reason not to believe there are new bodies of water with fish.

Not assuming, but that is what we believe, right?

Hell happened on earth, Sinner will be burned to death in hell on this earth, do you know that?

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 11/03/12 11:47 AM

Another interesting idea though.

having a perfect body, we might use our brain power up to maybe 80-90%, because if 100% we become god.

Imagine what we can do with a brain power or usage up to 80-90%, all kind of magic might happen; telekinesis, telepathy, etc, etc.

Re: How to motivate me to choose life? - 11/05/12 08:18 PM

What I don't know is that all the water will be evaporated and be gone. Never heard that.

But I do believe there will be bodies of water with fish.

Imagine what we can do with a brain power or usage up to 80-90%, all kind of magic might happen; telekinesis, telepathy, etc, etc.

Is magic good?
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church