Vision of Healing - A study of the book of Revelation

Posted By: APL

Vision of Healing - A study of the book of Revelation - 06/03/13 07:35 AM

Sigve Tonstad, MD, PhD, is presenting a college level series for LLU on the book of Revelation titled, "Vision of Healing". He is the author of the book "Saving God Reputation" which is the basis of this series. I believe there will 17 lectures in this series. The first lecture can be found here:

Posted By: Johann

Re: Vision of Healing - A study of the book of Revelation - 06/05/13 01:20 PM

Sigve's older brother was a schoolmate of mine - and later this brother was the elder of a church where I was the pastor. Already in academy Sigve was a spiritual leader among the students.

Sigve Tonstad has also written the book "The Lost Meaning of the Seventh Day."

Re: Vision of Healing - A study of the book of Revelation - 06/30/13 04:49 AM

It would be interesting to hear Green or Daryl attempt a rebuttal to Sigve Tonstad's series.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Vision of Healing - A study of the book of Revelation - 07/01/13 05:27 AM

When time permits, I plan to watch this.

Re: Vision of Healing - A study of the book of Revelation - 07/03/13 04:51 AM

7 Trumpets:
LaRondelle - "God's covenant curses on His enemies"
Paulien - "the primary focus is on punitive judgment"
Stefanovic - "righteous judgments and vengeance upone those who viciously harassed and oppressed the faithful"

Richard Bauckham - "The Apocalypse of John is a work of immense learning, astonishingly meticulous literary artistry, remarkable creative imagination, radical political critique, and profound theology". It does not give us a different Jesus.

Luther - "Christ is neither taught nor known in it."
Dodd - "below the level ... of the teaching of Jesus" and "the best parts of the Old Testament."

Tonstad
(1) Revelation explains human reality within a cosmic framework. Nero's foot is too small for the shoe of Revelation's imagery.
(2) Theologies of retribution fail because they do not take the cosmic conflict seriously. In interpretations of Revelation, who is doing what is the crucial question.

Vision of healing.
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, Death will be no more; mourning and crying and pain will be no more, for the first things have passed away" Rev 21:4

Revelation 22:3-4 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Vision of Healing - A study of the book of Revelation - 07/08/13 06:58 PM

Still need to find or take enough time to watch this.
Posted By: Johann

Re: Vision of Healing - A study of the book of Revelation - 07/10/13 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: APL
It would be interesting to hear Green or Daryl attempt a rebuttal to Sigve Tonstad's series.

It might be essential to read the Ministry of Healing at the same time -
Posted By: Green Cochoa

Re: Vision of Healing - A study of the book of Revelation - 07/10/13 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: APL

Quite frankly, I don't have time right now. I'm engaged in several other very pressing projects that stand to benefit hundreds of people, and there is a sense of urgency to see them to completion. It is not expedient for me to take time to rebut each and every view that may be brought up here, when each one participating here has the Bible and the Holy Spirit to guide him or her in the search for truth.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church