Isaiah 45:7

Posted By: APL

Isaiah 45:7 - 05/18/19 05:24 AM

ISAIAH 45:7

Some of the verses in the bible are mind boggling. Hebrew words can mean two opposite things. This means translators can choose a meaning that is according to their belief system. For instance, take the verse that says:

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create calamity: I the LORD do all these things.

The word "create" before the words "darkness" and "calamity" is the same word--bara'; this word means "to create," but it also means "to cut down." If we rewrote the verse with this new meaning, the text changes considerably:

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light and cut down darkness, I make peace and cut down calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things.'

EGW

It is the darkness of misapprehension of God that is enshrouding the world. Men are losing their knowledge of His character. It has been misunderstood and misinterpreted. At this time a message from God is to be proclaimed, a message illuminating in its influence and saving in its power. His character is to be made known. Into the darkness of the world is to be shed the light of His glory, the light of His goodness, mercy, and truth {COL 415.3}

The mystery of the cross explains all other mysteries. In the light that streams from Calvary, the attributes of God which had filled us with fear and awe appear beautiful and attractive. Mercy, tenderness, and parental love are seen to blend with holiness, justice, and power. While we behold the majesty of his throne, high and lifted up, we see his character in its gracious manifestations, and comprehend, as never before, the significance of that endearing title, our Father. {GC88 652.1}

Satan saw that his disguise was torn away. His administration was laid open before the unfallen angels and before the heavenly universe. He had revealed himself as a murderer. By shedding the blood of the Son of God, he had uprooted himself from the sympathies of the heavenly beings. Henceforth his work was restricted. Whatever attitude he might assume, he could no longer await the angels as they came from the heavenly courts, and before them accuse Christ’s brethren of being clothed with the garments of blackness and the defilement of sin. The last link of sympathy between Satan and the heavenly world was broken. Yet Satan was not then destroyed. THE ANGELS DID NOT EVEN THEN UNDERSTAND ALL THAT WAS INVOLVED IN THE GREAT CONTROVERSY. The principles at stake were to be more fully revealed. And for the sake of man, Satan’s existence must be continued. Man as well as angels must see the contrast between the Prince of light and the prince of darkness. He must choose whom he will serve. {DA 761.4}
Posted By: Green Cochoa

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/18/19 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: APL

Some of the verses in the bible are mind boggling. Hebrew words can mean two opposite things. This means translators can choose a meaning that is according to their belief system. For instance, take the verse that says:

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create calamity: I the LORD do all these things.

The word "create" before the words "darkness" and "calamity" is the same word--bara'; this word means "to create," but it also means "to cut down." If we rewrote the verse with this new meaning, the text changes considerably:

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light and cut down darkness, I make peace and cut down calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things.'

EGW

It is the darkness of misapprehension of God that is enshrouding the world. Men are losing their knowledge of His character. It has been misunderstood and misinterpreted. At this time a message from God is to be proclaimed, a message illuminating in its influence and saving in its power. His character is to be made known. Into the darkness of the world is to be shed the light of His glory, the light of His goodness, mercy, and truth {COL 415.3}

The mystery of the cross explains all other mysteries. In the light that streams from Calvary, the attributes of God which had filled us with fear and awe appear beautiful and attractive. Mercy, tenderness, and parental love are seen to blend with holiness, justice, and power. While we behold the majesty of his throne, high and lifted up, we see his character in its gracious manifestations, and comprehend, as never before, the significance of that endearing title, our Father. {GC88 652.1}

Satan saw that his disguise was torn away. His administration was laid open before the unfallen angels and before the heavenly universe. He had revealed himself as a murderer. By shedding the blood of the Son of God, he had uprooted himself from the sympathies of the heavenly beings. Henceforth his work was restricted. Whatever attitude he might assume, he could no longer await the angels as they came from the heavenly courts, and before them accuse Christ’s brethren of being clothed with the garments of blackness and the defilement of sin. The last link of sympathy between Satan and the heavenly world was broken. Yet Satan was not then destroyed. THE ANGELS DID NOT EVEN THEN UNDERSTAND ALL THAT WAS INVOLVED IN THE GREAT CONTROVERSY. The principles at stake were to be more fully revealed. And for the sake of man, Satan’s existence must be continued. Man as well as angels must see the contrast between the Prince of light and the prince of darkness. He must choose whom he will serve. {DA 761.4}

In The Ministry of Healing Mrs. White quotes the exact words of the Bible on this text: "I form the light, and create darkness" (p. 414, par. 2; cf. PK 315.2). Being a prophet who sometimes informed us of anomalies in the Bible's translation, her silence, when quoting it as written, is significant. She aligned herself with the "create" translation. She chose, in that reference, and perhaps all others, not to highlight the second part of the verse which says "create evil," but in Hebrew the two words translated as "create" are identical, down to their Qatal participle, masculine singular absolute grammatical forms. Both "darkness" and "evil" in that verse are masculine singular, agreeing with these verbs.

When you have learned a little more Hebrew you will see that in this verse the correct translation can only be "create." This is because the verb is of the Qatal form. It only means "cut down" when it occurs in the Piel form. If it's in the Hiphil form it could mean "to make yourselves fat." Obviously, just because in another form the verb can have one of these alternate meanings, it does not follow that it should have one of those meanings here, when it is in neither of those forms.

Hebrew has verb conjugations nearer to Spanish, but even more complex yet. However, even in English we should easily recognize when a word form can denote an entirely different meaning. Consider the sentence: "I could have any woman I please; I just haven't pleased any yet!" The two "please" verbs in that sentence have obviously different meanings.

In conclusion, the Hebrew word in this case is properly translated as "create." It could not be translated with the Piel meaning here because the verb is of the Qatal form.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/18/19 06:51 PM

Actually - EGW understood that meaning. And the added quotes give us ample reason for the alternative reading. But, you are free to believe what you want even it is a lie.

God help us to be Bible students. Until you can see the reason for it yourself and a "thus saith the Lord" in the Scriptures, don't trust any living man to interpret the Bible for you. And when you can see this, you know it for yourself, and know it to be the truth of God. You will say, "I have read it, I have seen it, and my own heart takes hold upon it, and it is the truth God has spoken to me from His Word." Now this is what we are to be--individual Christians. We need to have an individual, personal experience. We need to be converted, as did the Jews. If you see a little light, you are not to stand back and say, "I will wait until my brethren have seen it." If you do, you will go on in darkness. {FW 77.3}

The argument of the absence of coomment is answered by so much of her writing which cannot be ignored. She also writes:

More and more I shall present the message to the people in Scripture language. Then if exception be taken by anyone, his contention must be with the Bible. {Lt244-1906}

I'll stick with the picture of God that Jesus revealed, the opposite of Satan. God destroys no man. the inevitable results of sin death, not execution. God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. He removes evil, He does not create it.

Thinking of Green:
I am now instructed that I am not to be hindered in my work by those who engage in suppositions regarding its nature, whose minds are struggling with so many intricate problems connected with the supposed work of a prophet. My commission embraces the work of a prophet, but it does not end there. It embraces much more than the minds of those who have been sowing the seeds of unbelief can comprehend. {Lt244-1906}
In response to the enemy’s work on human minds, I am to sow the good seed. When questions suggested by Satan arise, I will remove them if I can. But those who are picking at straws had better be educating mind and heart to take hold of the grand and soul-saving truths that God has given through the humble messenger, in the place of becoming channels through whom Satan can communicate doubt and questioning. {Lt244-1906}

To allow images of straw to be created as something to attack is one of the most unprofitable things that one can engage in. It is possible for one to educate himself to become Satan’s agent in passing along his suggestions. As fast as one is cleared away, another will be proffered. {Lt244-1906}

I have been instructed to say: “The Lord would not have my mind thus employed. I have written something on the meaning of the words ‘I,’ ‘we,’ and ‘us’ in the testimonies. This point is, as it were, a man of straw, set up in the imagination of some who have been sowing tares.” {Lt244-1906}

It would be better for some had they spent in Bible study the time that they have spent in seeking to undermine confidence in the testimonies that God has given. It is time for weak, sinful men to humble themselves in the dust. {Lt244-1906}

More and more I shall present the message to the people in Scripture language. Then if exception be taken by anyone, his contention must be with the Bible. {Lt244-1906}

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/18/19 07:41 PM

APL,

I'm a little concerned for you. With the passing of time, you seem less and less able to follow a conversation. Please take care of your health. I hope you get enough vitamin B12.

I have certainly not undermined Ellen White's writings. I referred to them positively in my last post. I'm surprised that you should think as you do here. You should know very well that I respect and believe all that Ellen White has given us. I have equated her writings with those of the Bible on more than one occasion here.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
Posted By: dedication

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/19/19 01:41 AM

Darkness is the absence of light.
One does not create darkness, it's there by default if the light is removed.
There is no source of darkness in this universe. There is only the presence of light and the absence of it.

The verse uses this scientific fact to illustrate peace --
Remove the peace that only the source of peace can shine into our lives, and by default there is no peace only calamity and trouble.

"There is no peace for the wicked." Is. 57:21
And yet even in a world of calamity, those with Christ, the Prince of peace, can have peace that passeth understanding.

" the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:7

Isaiah's context:

45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].
45:8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it. ...

45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

God is LIGHT! In Him is no darkness at all. Without Him nothing would exist. He created all things perfect and GOOD! But God created intelligent beings with the power to forsake righteousness, reject the light and do evil. The ensuing darkness is the result of rejecting God's light. Yet God works through the evil to help us come to the light and value and love the light.

Jesus' own words:

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
3:21 But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

3:36 He that believes on the Son has everlasting life: and he that believes not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abides on him.

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/19/19 05:00 AM

amen dedication.
Posted By: James Peterson

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/19/19 08:49 AM

When God says that He forms light and creates darkness, He means what He says. We know this because in Genesis (1:3), it says that He "divided the light from the darkness". Think of a room full of light and you flipping the switch. What ensues would be your own creation: darkness. You would have plunged the occupants of the room into darkness causing many to ask, "WHO DID THAT?" You. You would be the one who had actively and deliberately created that darkness.

Now look at God's word Is. 45:2-3,

"I [God] will go before you [Cyrus]
And make the crooked places straight;
I will break in pieces the gates of bronze
And cut the bars of iron.
I will give you the treasures of darkness
And hidden riches of secret places,
That you may know that I, the Lord,
Who call you by your name,
Am the God of Israel."

In short, ALL things belong to God. He created things in the open that we see and things in the dark that we don't see. And whatever it is that we don't see is because he Himself shrouded those things in darkness of His own making -- until such time as He chooses to reveal them.

///

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/20/19 02:04 PM

John 8:12 Then spoke Jesus again to them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

James 1:13-17 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempts he any man: (14) But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. (15) Then when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, brings forth death. (16) Do not err, my beloved brothers. (17) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no ficklenss, neither shadow of turning.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. No, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, You shall not covet.

1 John 3:4 Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

1 John 4:8 He that loves not knows not God; for God is love.
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/20/19 06:34 PM

If we measure darkness in degrees of light it implies there is always some darkness. First day light and fourth day light are different forms of light - not different degrees of darkness. First day light is not dependent on the sun or the revolution of the Earth. When A&E rebelled in Eden, Jesus withdrew the first day light. In its absence there are certain things we cannot see with the naked eye - angels, for one.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." This is truth in the same sense Jesus hardens the hearts of impenitent people. Peace happens when people live in harmony with God's will, and evil happens when people choose to rebel against God's will. In a manner of speaking, therefore, Jesus creates peace and evil.

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/21/19 03:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
If we measure darkness in degrees of light it implies there is always some darkness. First day light and fourth day light are different forms of light - not different degrees of darkness. First day light is not dependent on the sun or the revolution of the Earth. When A&E rebelled in Eden, Jesus withdrew the first day light. In its absence there are certain things we cannot see with the naked eye - angels, for one.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." This is truth in the same sense Jesus hardens the hearts of impenitent people. Peace happens when people live in harmony with God's will, and evil happens when people choose to rebel against God's will. In a manner of speaking, therefore, Jesus creates peace and evil.

• Here, wear these spectacles and you'll see (Is. 45:2-3):

"I [God] will go before you [Cyrus]
    And make the crooked places straight;
    I will break in pieces the gates of bronze
    And cut the bars of iron.

I will give you the treasures of darkness
    And hidden riches of secret places,
    That you may know that I, the Lord,
    Who call you by your name,
    Am the God of Israel."

God actively created darkness, evil, misery and pain in His judgment against Babylon.

• In the exodus, He Himself separated the camps of Israel and Egypt this way:

"And the Angel of God, who went before the camp of Israel, moved and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud went from before them and stood behind them. So it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel. Thus it was a cloud and darkness to the one, and it gave light by night to the other, so that the one did not come near the other all that night." Exodus 14:9-20

God formed the light for His people and created darkness over all their enemy. This is NOT about the physics of the electromagnetic spectrum, but about God actively doing things: staying and destroying one in preserving the other.

• But APL is suffering from Hemianopsia

///

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/21/19 04:54 AM

Originally Posted By: jim
But APL is suffering from Hemianopsia
1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/21/19 05:27 AM

Because there is no darkness in God, it does not follow that He did not create it. Must God have, in Himself, every element He creates?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/21/19 12:27 PM

You can quote a million different passages, but hear the eyewitness testimony of Moses when God spoke to Israel:

"Then you came near and stood at the foot of the mountain, and the mountain burned with fire to the midst of heaven, with darkness, cloud, and thick darkness. And the Lord spoke to you out of the midst of the fire. You heard the sound of the words, but saw no form; you only heard a voice." -- Deut. 4:11-12

Perhaps for which reason, the Psalmist declared:

"The Lord reigns;
Let the earth rejoice;
Let the multitude of isles be glad!

Clouds and darkness surround Him;
Righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne.
A fire goes before Him,
And burns up His enemies round about."

Psalm 97:1-3

///

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/21/19 12:57 PM

John 14:9 Jesus said to him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet have you not known me, Philip? he that has seen me has seen the Father; and how say you then, Show us the Father?

Hebrews 1:1-3 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, (2) Has in these last days spoken to us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; (3) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Mark 9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Luke 9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

John 17:1-7 These words spoke Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify your Son, that your Son also may glorify you: (2) As you have given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as you have given him. (3) And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. (4) I have glorified you on the earth: I have finished the work which you gave me to do. (5) And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was. (6) I have manifested your name to the men which you gave me out of the world: your they were, and you gave them me; and they have kept your word. (7) Now they have known that all things whatever you have given me are of you.

Jesus is gives us the view of the real Character of God on which to interpret the OT.

John 17:17 Sanctify them through your truth: your word is truth.

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/21/19 01:50 PM

John 14:9 Jesus said to him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet have you not known me, Philip? he that has seen me has seen the Father; and how say you then, Show us the Father?

Hebrews 1:1-3 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, (2) Has in these last days spoken to us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; (3) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Mark 9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Luke 9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

John 17:1-7 These words spoke Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify your Son, that your Son also may glorify you: (2) As you have given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as you have given him. (3) And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. (4) I have glorified you on the earth: I have finished the work which you gave me to do. (5) And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was. (6) I have manifested your name to the men which you gave me out of the world: your they were, and you gave them me; and they have kept your word. (7) Now they have known that all things whatever you have given me are of you.

Jesus is gives us the view of the real Character of God on which to interpret the OT.

John 17:17 Sanctify them through your truth: your word is truth.

So, are you trying hard to say that Jesus was NOT the one who spoke the Ten Commandments, who covered Himself in THICK DARKNESS, who opened the earth so that it swallowed and destroyed those who rebelled against Moses?

• Here, let me quote the word of God, spoken by Him for you (Num. 16):

"And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying, 'Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment.'
    And Moses said: 'By this you shall know that the Lord has sent me to do all these works, for I have not done them of my own will. If these men die naturally like all men, or if they are visited by the common fate of all men, then the Lord has not sent me. But if the Lord creates a new thing, and the earth opens its mouth and swallows them up with all that belongs to them, and they go down alive into the pit, then you will understand that these men have rejected the Lord.'

Now it came to pass, as he finished speaking all these words, that the ground split apart under them, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up, with their households and all the men with Korah, with all their goods. So they and all those with them went down alive into the pit; the earth closed over them, and they perished from among the assembly. Then all Israel who were around them fled at their cry, for they said, 'Lest the earth swallow us up also!'

And a fire came out from the Lord and consumed the two hundred and fifty men who were offering incense."

Is it not written that way? "I form the light and create darkness. I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things." Is. 45:7. But you are like a teenager who looks upon his beloved and rapturously declares, "She is a doll!" Tell me, is she human, a complete and whole individual with a range of emotions and capabilities OR is she a two-dimensional-cardboard-cutout that you save in your room?

///

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/21/19 03:21 PM

So, are you trying hard to say that Jesus was NOT the one who spoke the Ten Commandments
ON THE CONTRARY! Jesus is the Truth by which the OT is interpreted. But you are free to not believe His Testimony.

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/21/19 04:48 PM

So, are you trying hard to say that Jesus was NOT the one who spoke the Ten Commandments
ON THE CONTRARY! Jesus is the Truth by which the OT is interpreted. But you are free to not believe His Testimony.

Why did you slice and dice the quote. This is it in its entirety: "So, are you trying hard to say that Jesus was NOT the one who spoke the Ten Commandments, who covered Himself in THICK DARKNESS, who opened the earth so that it swallowed and destroyed those who rebelled against Moses?"

There is no value in Hemianopsia, you know. God is NOT a two-dimensional-cardboard cutout that you can keep in your room. Besides Saviour, He is also Judge and Executioner; and demonstrates the breath of human emotions just like us (for we are His children) and, being over all things, holds the breath of man in His hands so that we live or die according to His will.

See Is. 45:7, "I form the light and create darkness. I make peace and create calamity. I, the Lord, do all these things."

///
Posted By: kland

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/21/19 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
APL,

I'm a little concerned for you. With the passing of time, you seem less and less able to follow a conversation. Please take care of your health. I hope you get enough vitamin B12.

Objection!

Yet, and yet, and yet again, you have failed to show you are getting enough vitamin B12 yourself! Strong indication is you are not.

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/21/19 09:17 PM

And there are those who want to interpret the 10C by their own desires weakening the 6th for example. And thinking of judgment as destruction. Who ignore the testimony of Jesus about what God is really like. Mark 1:15 "The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God is near. Repent [change your mind] and believe the good news!"

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Matthew 12:36-37 But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. (37) For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. (9) "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

James 1:19-21 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, (20) for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. (21) Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

Ezekiel 18:32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.

Jeremiah 17:9-10 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? (10) "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve."

Proverbs 23:26 My son, give me your heart and let your eyes keep to my ways,

Ezekiel 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

Isaiah 54:7-8 "For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with deep compassion I will bring you back. (8) In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you," says the LORD your Redeemer.

Deuteronomy 31:17 On that day I will become angry with them and forsake them; I will hide my face from them, and they will be destroyed. Many disasters and difficulties will come upon them, and on that day they will ask, ’Have not these disasters come upon us because our God is not with us?’

Psalms 34:21 Evil will slay the wicked; the foes of the righteous will be condemned.

Re: Isaiah 45:7 - 05/21/19 09:37 PM

Titus 3:2-5 to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men. (3) At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. (4) But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, (5) he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Zechariah 4:6 So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ’Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.

Luke 6:36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

1 Chronicles 16:34 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Psalms 100:5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"

Romans 10:15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Isaiah 11:9 They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.

John 10:25 Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father’s name speak for me,
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church