Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose

Posted By: Jeff Wickham

Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose - 10/02/19 07:05 PM

Jesus cleansed the temple but then revealed that the true temple is His body. The time He drove out the money changers was an illustration of the greater work He desires to do within His members. He approaches this work in an aggressive and refreshing manner, like a moose chasing away threats. This video shares three points that unpack the deeper meaning of this living parable.

What are some ways you have experienced Christ's cleansing work in your life?

Posted By: Charity

Re: Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose - 10/02/19 11:46 PM

Welcome Jeff. Nice video with a timely message. Ellen White says heaven is a ceaseless approaching to God through Christ and that it begins here. You're right, unity and cleansing are priorities with Christ. I've experienced some of that - pain and joy, disappointment and abundant blessing, all things working for my good. I've found that the worst trials are the greatest blessings in disguise. Like the man looking at the foot prints on the beach in the trials where there is only one set the Lord carries me.

What kind of medical devices are you/have you worked on? That sounds like a great occupation.

Re: Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose - 10/03/19 12:21 AM

Thank you Charity. I appreciate your testimony. We found out a few days ago that our four year old daughter has a rare and severe form of epilepsy with a poor prognosis. We are not sure how it is all going to play out, but in light of that situation, your words are encouraging.

As far as medical devices, I work on implants for spine fusion procedures. In the past I worked on stent grafts and related devices for aortic aneurysms. For many years I was in design, but recently moved into a role teaching other engineers how to design higher quality products faster and more efficiently. I am grateful for the opportunity to work in engineering in this field. There is a strong sense of mission in creating products that help people feel better and live longer.
Posted By: Green Cochoa

Re: Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose - 10/03/19 09:33 AM

Jeff,

You may wish to get in touch with Pr. Steve Wohlberg to learn more from him about how his son was diagnosed with a form of epilepsy for which the doctors informed him that there was no cause and no cure--and how his son was cured. Here's one website posting some of the story:

https://www.highwaytohealth.us/education/articles/personal-stories/no-cause-no-cure

I think that was at one time on Steve's own website but I cannot seem to locate that just now. However, here are two other articles of his on this subject.

https://www.whitehorsemedia.com/surviving-toxic-terrorism-part-1/

https://www.whitehorsemedia.com/surviving-toxic-terrorism-part-2/

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose - 10/03/19 12:27 PM

Thank you Green, what a blessing for that young man! I will check it out.

Jeff
Posted By: The Wanderer

Re: Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose - 10/06/19 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff Wickham
Jesus cleansed the temple but then revealed that the true temple is His body. The time He drove out the money changers was an illustration of the greater work He desires to do within His members. He approaches this work in an aggressive and refreshing manner, like a moose chasing away threats. This video shares three points that unpack the deeper meaning of this living parable.

What are some ways you have experienced Christ's cleansing work in your life?

I was out doors the other day photographing a Moose and I can assure you when they charge, its time to get out of their way! Jesus had the right idea there, IMO. What a great analogy!

Re: Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose - 10/06/19 02:31 AM

Thank you Charity. I appreciate your testimony. We found out a few days ago that our four year old daughter has a rare and severe form of epilepsy with a poor prognosis. We are not sure how it is all going to play out, but in light of that situation, your words are encouraging.

As far as medical devices, I work on implants for spine fusion procedures. In the past I worked on stent grafts and related devices for aortic aneurysms. For many years I was in design, but recently moved into a role teaching other engineers how to design higher quality products faster and more efficiently. I am grateful for the opportunity to work in engineering in this field. There is a strong sense of mission in creating products that help people feel better and live longer.

That would be a fascinating line of work to get into; but I would be scared to ask how much schooling it takes. Did you see in the news, online, the man who was paralyzed, and could not walk, he is now walking with a device that literally reads his mind and does what he "tells" it to?

I am sorry to hear about your precious little one. My wife has cancer, and I am doing the care, and all I know is that doctors said she only had months left, and that was four years ago. You and your's will be in my prayers. smile

Re: Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose - 10/06/19 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Wanderer

I was out doors the other day photographing a Moose and I can assure you when they charge, its time to get out of their way! Jesus had the right idea there, IMO. What a great analogy!

Thank you! Glad you were safe too.

That would be a fascinating line of work to get into; but I would be scared to ask how much schooling it takes. Did you see in the news, online, the man who was paralyzed, and could not walk, he is now walking with a device that literally reads his mind and does what he "tells" it to?

I am sorry to hear about your precious little one. My wife has cancer, and I am doing the care, and all I know is that doctors said she only had months left, and that was four years ago. You and your's will be in my prayers. smile

Engineering takes a bachelor's degree, typically. I kept changing my major in school, so ended up taking almost seven years for what should have been four. Oh well. That is fascinating about the paralyzed man. It is so great to see technology applied to help someone like that.

I am very sorry about your wife - thankful that you have had several additional good years with her, but sorry that the two of you are having to deal with the difficulties. Life is uncertain and each moment is so precious. You will be in my prayers too.

Re: Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose - 10/06/19 08:23 PM

Hi Jeff, this is the article I was reading - I thought you would be interested:

https://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/42214/20191005/paralyzed-man-exoskeleton.htm

Re: Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose - 10/07/19 01:12 AM

Hi Jeff, this is the article I was reading - I thought you would be interested:

https://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/42214/20191005/paralyzed-man-exoskeleton.htm

Wow, that is an amazing engineering feat. That technology could really be a life-changer for a lot of people. I hope they develop it further.
Posted By: Charity

Re: Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose - 10/08/19 10:01 AM

I'm sorry about your daughter. The Lord is with you all. He was with me and sustained me abundantly when my wife was killed in a car accident three years ago. He's there for us. Two years before she died she learned she had spondylolysthis and was looking at the surgery options. I can't recall if a fusion implant was recommended but fusion was.

Excellent job, sharing and developing other's skills in humanitarian work.

Re: Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose - 10/09/19 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Charity
I'm sorry about your daughter. The Lord is with you all. He was with me and sustained me abundantly when my wife was killed in a car accident three years ago. He's there for us. Two years before she died she learned she had spondylolysthis and was looking at the surgery options. I can't recall if a fusion implant was recommended but fusion was.

Oh wow, I am so sorry about your wife! That is tragic. That sort of loss is unimaginable to me. I am thankful you are depending on God for His sustaining strength through it all.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church