Miller, the 2520 and the End-Times

Posted By: Charity

Miller, the 2520 and the End-Times - 01/18/20 06:54 PM

In the last 20 years, some of the better known Bible students in Adventism have responded negatively to Jeff Pippenger's focus on the 2520. One reason I've not joined with either side is that it is not a salvation issue. Another reason for my "wait and see" attitude is that Ellen White held Miller's prophetic insight as being more acute and penetrating than any modern expositor. Since Miller taught the 2520, and since it appears on the 1843 chart, it seemed safer to me not to rush to judgment.

According to Miller, Ezekiel 39:9 regarding Gog and Magog applies from 677 BC to 1843 AD, 2520 years, the time that the princes of this world oppressed and took captive God's people, Israel and the Jews first and then the church. He viewed the seven months of Ez 39:12 as the 210 years from 1588 to 1798, the time of the wars between Protestantism until the defeat of the Papacy in 1798.

In addition to the above two reasons I gave for not dismissing the 2520 out of hand there is one more. To me, the most persuasive reason is that the main passage used by Miller, Ezekiel 39, applies imo primarily to the end of time, to the final gospel harvest under the latter rain. So, this thread is dedicated to examining the passages on the 2520, Gog and Magog, and their end-time significance which in my opinion is substantial.
Posted By: Charity

Re: Miller, the 2520 and the End-Times - 01/19/20 01:39 PM

In Ezekiel 39 it states that it is this seven year/seven month period that is the final cleansing and gathering of Israel.

Eze 39:25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name; . ..
Eze 39:27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
Eze 39:28 . . . but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Any comments/questions?

In the next posts we'll look at where the 2520 - literal days in this case - fits in at the end. I'd say it is likely that we are well into the seven year period now. But I also think that we won't be able to positively identify this event until the unrolling of the scroll which the Spirit though Ellen White has clearly said is future. In the mean time we ought to study these things carefully now so we will understand them then and be able to correctly identify the mark of the beast and distinguish it from the seal of God. Ellen White says we have understood these two things correctly in the past but that there is more to be understood regarding the mark, 666.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church