10 Commandments Weekend...why?

Posted By: razorren

10 Commandments Weekend...why? - 05/07/06 04:13 PM

I think I watched about 98% of the coverage on 3ABN and thank the Lord for what He has done through human messengers.

For the past two weeks I have been wondering why the Sunday churches were so quite about this event that they themselves started? Why is there not more publicity, more sermons, more interviews about the event, even if from a stand point that Sunday is now the Sabbath. Why not go all out to try and prove it to your people if this is what you believe.

After watching the 3ABN presentations yesturday I believe the answer came to me. Kenny Shelton made the closing presentation, I thought the should have given him more time, but that niether here nor there at this point. All those that know brother Kenny, know that he does not mess around. Kenny made the points that we as Adventists need to do the following....

(1) Become setteled into God's truths as the time of His coming is at hand. We need to know what we believe and why we believe it! We must be familar with certain key point like the 10 Commandments, the Sabbath, the 3 Angels Messages, etc.
(2) That we need to stop worring about the reaction of the enemy and Babylon and go forth to proclaim these messages with power!!
(3) The we need to be setteled into truth and surrendered to God as probation can close in an instant and the day would seem no different than yesturday, but the door of mercy would indeed be shut.

Could this event have been more about preparing God's people to go forth and give the loud cry? Could this been one of the final lines drawn in the sand for our church. That those who want to know truth and be setteled into truth would embrace the opportunity and prepare to do their Lords work? I am falliable man, but the strong impression that I got was that the Lord is trying to do a final work of preparation amongst His people. That those virgins who will awake, must now awake as time is short.

We are living in the sealing time folks. How much longer will He allow the winds of stife to be with held? Lets pray and continue to pray that we and our people fully awaken and go forth to do our Lords work and will.

~Ren
Posted By: Darius

Re: 10 Commandments Weekend...why? - 05/07/06 05:33 PM

razor, do you have any idea how long we have been claiming that we are in the sealing time? How significant is that?
Posted By: Jeff

Re: 10 Commandments Weekend...why? - 05/08/06 02:35 AM

From my vantage point the 10 commandment's weekend is a non-event. No one I've talked to outside of Adventists even know about it, or the commission for that matter. I get the feeling that Adventists comprise the majority of Christians who even care that there is such a thing.

Jeff

Re: 10 Commandments Weekend...why? - 05/08/06 03:35 AM

Well brother Jeff you wont have to wait much longer for that to change. A few devastating natural disasters, economic plus war and people will be filling the churches just like after 9/11. I think what we should realize is that many will be claiming to follow God's Law with a distortion of the forth.

I saw that God has honest children among the nominal Adventists and the fallen churches, and before the plagues shall be poured out, ministers and people will be called out from these churches and will gladly receive the truth. Satan knows this; and before the loud cry of the third angel is given, he raises an excitement in these religious bodies, that those who have rejected the truth may think that God is with them. He hopes to deceive the honest and lead them to think that God is still working for the churches. But the light will shine, and all who are honest will leave the fallen churches, and take their stand with the remnant. {EW 261.1}

I believe seeds were planted that we will witness matured when these people come out of Babylon at the loud cry. Its up to us to be preparing and praying that God will use during that awesome time.

~Ren
Posted By: Daryl

Re: 10 Commandments Weekend...why? - 05/08/06 04:50 AM

I also enjoyed the messages.

I heard all but the 4th and 5th commandment messages.

I have the 4th on tape, but I missed taping the 5th one, therefore, I hope 3ABN will repeat them as separate edited messages.

I also missed the beginning of the one on the expanding Creation. I hope that one will be repeated also as it was an excellent one with fantastic pictures, graphics, etc.

I also find it strange that I was unable to find and watch and listen to some non-SDA messages on the Ten Commandments.

I also think and agree that it is a wake-up call.

Re: 10 Commandments Weekend...why? - 05/08/06 03:16 PM

How many times have we heard about this wake-up call? We continue to give evidence that we have absolutely no plan so we latch on to anything that provides excitement.
Posted By: Pete P Pete

Re: 10 Commandments Weekend...why? - 05/08/06 11:05 PM

Actually, fellow believers, the book by Danny and Quinn was quite disappointing as something for general distribution. The weekend was about all the TEN and not just the Fourth. We found the book by Loron Wade, titled the Ten Commandments as more appropriate for general distribution.

Has anyone read the book by Wade?

Re: 10 Commandments Weekend...why? - 05/09/06 12:14 PM

I have not. But our small group have been distributing "Messengers of Light", "A Time for Joy" and "Law of Liberty" from Project Restore... http://www.projectrestore.com/library/libraryndx.htm

~Ren

Re: 10 Commandments Weekend...why? - 05/09/06 12:17 PM

Quote:

How many times have we heard about this wake-up call? We continue to give evidence that we have absolutely no plan so we latch on to anything that provides excitement.

Keep praying for your brethren Darius, that they will awake and do the work that the Lord has called them to do.

~Ren

Re: 10 Commandments Weekend...why? - 05/09/06 02:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Keep praying for your brethren Darius, that they will awake and do the work that the Lord has called them to do.

~Ren

They first have to admit that what they are dabbling in and getting excited about is not what they were called to do.
Posted By: Surrender

Re: 10 Commandments Weekend...why? - 05/26/06 05:46 PM

3ABN 10 C Weekend Audio in MS Windows media format
http://english.sdaglobal.org/evangelism/comndmnt/index.html
Posted By: woodswalker

Re: 10 Commandments Weekend...why? - 10/07/08 04:04 AM

I think that we have enough evidence to believe that the "Ten Commandments Commission" was just laying the groundwork for the "Ten Amendments Commission" which would like to enforce a national day of rest. This work is still moving forward in utmost secrecy.

Every opportunity for uplifting the downtrodden law of God should be uplifted. This gives us one more chance. It is also a reminder to get ourselves right-side-up and cleaned out, ready to receive that latter rain.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church