A Super Jubilee

Posted By: Charity

A Super Jubilee - 09/21/15 02:01 PM

I shared some of this earlier but I have some additional thoughts:

Early one morning at the end of this past April I had a five second dream: A voice simply said to me: “In yet five months I will purify the sons of Levi.” That’s all I heard. There was no visual image, only those words. It was about 4:00AM so I got up and decided I should spend some time studying it. I looked up Malachi 3:3 and read the quoted phrase “purify the sons of Levi” in the surrounding context. Then I did a time calculation and found that five biblical months from the day I had the dream, April 30, is the Day of Atonement this year, September 23/24. That captured my attention.

Eight weeks later, the Supreme Court issued it's decision annulling the biblical definition of marriage.

In the Jewish sacred calendar the Day of Atonement known as Yom Kippur stands for the fixing of one's eternal destiny, the day of judgment for people and nations. This day is being fulfilled. America and the rest of humanity is facing a final reckoning of truth. We are at the crossroads of grace and judgment.

In the last several months a number of bible students and scholars have identified 2015-2016 as a biblical Jubilee year. The Jubilee is directly linked to Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. The Jubilee began anciently with a trumpet blast on the Day of Atonement. In scripture, the Jubilee is the year of liberty when slaves are freed and lost inheritances restored. It occurs at the end of a 50 year cycle after the seventh Sabbatical or Shemitah which just passed us recently, September 2014 to September 2015.

The link between the Day of Atonement and the Jubilee is explained in a vision of Ezekiel. The prophet Ezekiel was shown a new temple where the Day of Atonement is replaced by a dual atonement service that spans a week rather than one day, a super Atonement. And with the super Atonement comes a renewal of all inheritances, a super Jubilee.

Ezekiel's temple vision is a type of the climax of the most comprehensive promise and greatest mystery in scripture: Christ in you, His church, the hope of glory. This mystery is the final sealing and establishment of the New Covenant. The prophet Isaiah identifies this super Jubilee as the “acceptable year of the Lord”; the year of full and complete liberty from sin under the power of the Holy Spirit.

But Isaish also calls it the “day of vengeance of our God”. Isaiah 61:1-2. Likewise, the temple vision of Ezekiel warns of the consequences of being unprepared for God's next big move – the outpouring of the latter rain that ripens the gospel harvest.

In scripture the prophets Daniel and John both warn that at the very time God pours out the blessings of the Spirit there will also be a false latter rain. And it will be a masterpiece of satanic deception. It will be so subtle that it will entrap the great majority of this world's citizens. “All the world wondered after the Beast. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?” Rev. 13:3-4.

So is this year, 2015-2016, the year of the super Jubilee and the year of the latter rain? Maybe. No one knows for sure. But one thing we do know: All of the signs of the times point us to the nearness of it. It's time to put our house in order and turn with all our hearts to the Lord so that we're ready. Preparedness for that event is key. Through Christ, the Lord offers us complete liberty from our slavery to sin. Let's accept the offer to meet our loving Father, Savior and Lord in peace.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/21/15 02:38 PM

The post above is from the introduction to my updated ebook, America Under Judgment which I'm giving away free for the next two days on Amazon.
Posted By: kland

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/21/15 06:13 PM

I didn't follow how 2015 could be the super Jubilee of Ezekiel? Ezekiel's vision was for a time that is not ours.
Posted By: APL

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/22/15 07:16 PM

Mark - you believe that 457BC was a Sabbathical year. Thus 34AD and 1798AD are Sabbatical years. I'm basing this on your book on the prophetic calendar. How can 2015 possibly be a Jubilee or even a Sabbatical year? The math does not work.
Posted By: glenm

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/25/15 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: APL
Mark - you believe that 457BC was a Sabbathical year. Thus 34AD and 1798AD are Sabbatical years. I'm basing this on your book on the prophetic calendar. How can 2015 possibly be a Jubilee or even a Sabbatical year? The math does not work.

It's possible to find web sites that say that 9/2014 - 9/2015 was a sabbatical year. I have no idea if they are accurate.

With regard to the jubilee, if you look in the "Words of the Adventist Pioneers" database, there was a Millerite theory about a "jubilee of jubilees" stretching 2450 years from 607 B.C. to 1843 A.D. (this period is actually 2449 years). 457 B.C. is mentioned in this connection. 2520 also shows up in this model, and I'm not an advocate of the theory.

I don't know if 457 was a jubilee year, but if so, then we are 2471 years removed, and 2471 is not a multiple of 49 or 50.

I myself have never been able to figure out whether the jubilee period is 49 or 50 years.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/25/15 05:50 PM

It might be useful to say something about the Jewish calendar in 1844 and 2015.

In the late summer of 1844, when the "seventh month movement" kicked in, the Millerites needed to determine the beginning of the seventh month. One choice was September 14, as found on the standard Jewish calendar. The other choice was the new moon a month later.

The Millerites made the latter choice, and Damsteegt's book in the "Words of the Adventist Pioneers" database gives the details. This choice is the basis for the October 22 1844 date for the Day of Atonement.

The years 1844 and 2015 have identical dates on the standard Jewish calendar for the beginning of the seventh month, like this:

9/14/1844 Rosh Hashana 5605

9/14/2015 Rosh Hashana 5776

The reason why the dates are identical is because 2015 is 171 years removed from 1844, and 171 is a multiple of 19, and the Jewish calendar is known to run in a 19-year cycle.

The 19-year cycle is based on the fact that a period of 19 solar years is almost identical to 235 lunar months. The 235 lunar months is based on allocating 12 lunar months for each of the 19 years, for a total of 228 lunar months, and then intercalating an additional 7 lunar months, to make 235 lunar months. The intercalation is required to keep the Jewish holidays from drifting with the seasons, for example Passover in the fall or Tabernacles in the spring.

I don't know if specific dates in any year after 1844 will ever be important prophetically. GC 399.4 makes the argument that the fall types must have antitypical fulfillments at some point, and this was the reasoning for the specific date in 1844.

Whether this applies to the antitypical Trumpets and Tabernacles I can't say.

However, it seems to me that we should keep in mind the calendar choice that the Millerites made in 1844, and ask why they did things this way.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/25/15 06:25 PM

Well, someone needs to help me with math. Because I can't get things to add up. And not just with an off-by-one error. And as glenm asks, is it 50 or 49? That is, do you start counting the 50th as the next cycle or with the 51st?

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/25/15 06:33 PM

Or is 2015 being a Jubilee more along the lines of the blood moon "tetrad". Marketing. Even though this spring's wasn't a total eclipse, even though few, if anyone, could even see the maximum of the partial eclipse, and even though it in no way appeared to be "blood", "red", or anything other than a faded hint of a shadow, most everyone blindly believes it was a blood moon and therefore there were 4 of them.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/25/15 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: kland
Well, someone needs to help me with math. Because I can't get things to add up. And not just with an off-by-one error. And as glenm asks, is it 50 or 49? That is, do you start counting the 50th as the next cycle or with the 51st?

If you have a starting date X B.C. and an ending date Y A.D., then the number of years between them is "Y-(-X)-1", which is equivalent to "Y+X-1". The -1 is required because there is no zero year.

So from 457 B.C. to 34 A.D. is 490 years ("seventy weeks"), and from 457 B.C. to 1798 A.D. is 2254 years.

490 and 2254 are both multiples of 49, and thus must be multiples of 7 as well.

This calculation says nothing about whether any of these years was a sabbatical or jubilee year.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/25/15 11:49 PM

IF 34AD was a sabbatical year, then 2015 would be a sabbatical year. 69AD would be a sabbatical year. IF the Jubilee was 702BC and 457BC, then 2015 can not be a Jubilee.

Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick - Prophetic Calendar
The main biblical sources for identifying the timing of the Jubilee and Sabbatical years are the 70 week prophecy in Daniel 9 and the story of the Assyrian siege of Jerusalem under Hezekiah in Isaiah 37:30. The text in Isaiah describes Sabbatical and Jubilee years where no crops are planted. Historians have been able to pinpooint both the teturn date of the Jews described in Daniel 9 and Ezra 6 and 7, and Assyrian iege of Isaiah 37. As we've seen above, the start of the 70 weeks is 457BCE. The siege occurred in 701. These two dates synchronize with each other. The time span fromone year after the siege, 702 to 457BCE is a multiple of 49 wich tells us that 701 was a Sabbatical and 702 a Jubilee. In addition there are other extra biblical sources confirming the Sabbatical cycles. For example, one ancient historian noted that Jerusalem was destroyed one year after a Sabbatical year. This further confirms that above; if a Sabbatical ended in the fall of 69AD, then a Sabbatical also ended and a Jubilee began in the fall of 457BC. And it confirms 2015 as a Sabbatical.

If 701BC and 456BC was a Jubilee, then where were the other Jubilees?
Code:
Jubilee years based on Mark's reckoning. 
  702BC  653BC  604BC  555BC  506BC  457BC  408BC
  359BC  310BC  261BC  212BC  163BC  114BC   65BC
   16BC   34AD   83AD  132AD  181AD  230AD  279AD
  328AD  377AD  426AD  475AD  524AD  573AD  622AD
  671AD  720AD  769AD  818AD  867AD  916AD  965AD
 1014AD 1063AD 1112AD 1161AD 1210AD 1259AD 1308AD
 1357AD 1406AD 1455AD 1504AD 1553AD 1602AD 1651AD
 1700AD 1749AD 1798AD 1847AD 1896AD 1945AD 1994AD
 2043AD
2015 can not be a Jubilee. Can it be a Sabbatical years? 1994+21 = 2015. Yes based on Mark's reckoning, but not a Jubilee.
Posted By: Green Cochoa

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 01:24 AM

The way I read Leviticus chapter 25, the Jubilee system is established upon a 50-year cycle, not merely 49. The 49 years are calculated upon a series of seven sabbaticals for the land, seven years each. That the fiftieth year is added unto the 49 and that the count resumes following it is evident in verse 15 and 16: "According to the number of years after the jubilee thou shalt buy of thy neighbour, and according unto the number of years of the fruits he shall sell unto thee: According to the multitude of years thou shalt increase the price thereof, and according to the fewness of years thou shalt diminish the price of it: for according to the number of the years of the fruits doth he sell unto thee."

Obviously, one could not sell his or her property during a Jubilee year, because it was required to be in his possession, as its original owner, during that year. The counting of years, therefore, must have resumed after this 50th year, as the Bible indicates. The only question that might possibly remain was whether or not the Jubilee itself was a day or an entire year--but the text seems to clearly indicate a year, and speaks of the Jubilee as being the fiftieth year in the sequence of numbering. Never once do we see mention of it being the first year in the following set of seven or of 49, nor even of the next 50. The Jubilee, therefore, appears to stand on its own.

Further establishing this fact we see God promising to make provision for His faithful people during those two consecutive land-sabbatical years.

Originally Posted By: The Bible
25:19 And the land shall yield her fruit, and ye shall eat your fill, and dwell therein in safety.
25:20 And if ye shall say, What shall we eat the seventh year? behold, we shall not sow, nor gather in our increase:
25:21 Then I will command my blessing upon you in the sixth year, and it shall bring forth fruit for three years.
25:22 And ye shall sow the eighth year, and eat [yet] of old fruit until the ninth year; until her fruits come in ye shall eat [of] the old [store].

Here God promises that the sabbatical would not cause them to go hungry, for the land would yield two three years' worth of food in the year prior to its rest. Why three? To be able to cover the occasion of the Jubilee, which would cause the land to rest again another year immediately following the 49th.

So, I would look for each Jubilee cycle to complete on even 50-year intervals--half a century each. The math, therefore, because quite easy once any known Jubilee can be established.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Special laws were given to the Israelites in regard to the tilling of the soil. [Leviticus 25:1-7, quoted.] {6MR 394.1}
These laws seem peculiar to those who have not known God's statutes; but the Lord knew better than man what arrangements to make with His people. These laws were written down, and the seventh year after they settled in Canaan was to be a Sabbath year.--Ms 121, 1899, pp. 4, 5. ("Lessons from Israel," typed August 24, 1899.)

Released April 16, 1975. {6MR 394.2}

Exodus
16:35 And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan.

Joshua
5:10 And the children of Israel encamped in Gilgal, and kept the passover on the fourteenth day of the month at even in the plains of Jericho.
5:11 And they did eat of the old corn of the land on the morrow after the passover, unleavened cakes, and parched [corn] in the selfsame day.
5:12 And the manna ceased on the morrow after they had eaten of the old corn of the land; neither had the children of Israel manna any more; but they did eat of the fruit of the land of Canaan that year.

The quotes above establish that the 40th year of the wanderings of the children of Israel would have been equivalent to a Jubilee, if we were to extend the years backward from their establishment upon entry into Canaan. The next year after the manna ceased was the first year which the children of Israel ate of the land of Canaan. This would logically have represented the first year in which the children of Israel had resided in Canaan, starting the count of years toward the first Jubilee.

Using other scriptures, we can now attempt to pinpoint some Jubilee years.

And it came to pass in the four hundred and eightieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month Zif, which is the second month, that he began to build the house of the LORD. (1 Kings 6:1)

If we subtract the 40 from 480, we get 440. If Solomon began building in his fourth year (starting just after three years), and it took him seven years to build, the temple was dedicated in a Jubilee year, 450 years after the children of Israel had entered Canaan. That seems significant. Solomon reigned an additional 30 years following this, after which his son Rehoboam took to the throne. Rehoboam incited the people to rebel, assisted by Jeroboam, the prophecy of which, recorded in Ezekiel 4, leaves 390 years until the destruction of Solomon's temple. This means the first temple lasted 420 years. It was not destroyed in a Jubilee year, only dedicated in a year of Jubilee. Because the 70 years of captivity had begun when Daniel was taken captive about 19 years before the temple was destroyed, the year in which the 70 years' captivity ended, and the people were allowed to return, would have coincided with a Jubilee year, either that year or the year following their return.

Unfortunately, no Jubilee is mentioned in any book of the Bible beyond the books of Moses, so we have no record of this Jubilee in the books of Ezra or Nehemiah.

About 77 years following the end of the captivity, based on Mrs. White and the Bible together, in Ezra 7:7, Artaxerxes gives the third and final decree for the restoration of Jerusalem, the decree which starts the 2300-year prophecy, dated to 457 BC. This would, therefore, have NOT been a Jubilee year, though it is possible that the second temple might have been dedicated during the prior year of Jubilee, approx. 474 BC, 46 years after it had been begun, several years following their return from seventy years of captivity. If Mrs. White's dates are correct, the Jubilee to fall during Jesus' lifetime would have been that of AD 27, the year He began His public ministry. The year of AD 34 would have been a sabbatical for the land, but not a Jubilee. Jesus Himself was crucified in the midst of that week, not on a sabbatical year, nor a Jubilee.

I've often studied Bible chronologies, and am drawing from those studies in making these calculations--but I've never before looked so closely at the Jubilees. I've always seen them as too uncertain to be able to calculate, but I'm now beginning to see otherwise. This post represents my first real study of them in terms of chronology.

Of course, if AD 27 was a Jubilee, and if Jubilees mark periods of half a century each, 2027 will be the next Jubilee, precisely 40 Jubilees after Jesus started His ministry.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: green
The way I read Leviticus chapter 25, the Jubilee system is established upon a 50-year cycle, not merely 49.
First, to stay with the topic of this thread, I used Mark's methods of calculation. Second, no one disputes that the Jubilee was the 50th year. What is in dispute is if the Jubilee counts at the start of a new cycle or not. IF you have authorative sources on the topic, bring them out. IF the Jubilee was a 50 year cycle and not a 49 year cycle, then the land "Sabbaths" would not be every 7 years. This gives credence to lunar sabbatarians which claim that the weekly sabbath is not every 7 days. IF Pentecost is a model we can follow, Pentacost did not reset the weekly cycle, though the day was significant. So no, you have not firmly established that the Jubilee is not still a 49 year cycle, with the 50th year being the Jubilee, and the start of the next cycle.

Another place to look is the time that Israel went into captivity. They went into captivity for 70 years. Why 70? Because of the 70 land Sabbaths that the land did not receive from Israel. Was this over 490 years, or 500? That should answer the question clearly.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 02:59 AM

... IF you have authorative sources on the topic, bring them out. ...

I did. Please read my post again. I would consider the Bible authoritative.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 03:01 AM

The modern Jews are right on the reckoning of the cycle in my opinion. It's a 49 year cycle with the 50th year, the Jubilee, also being the first year of the next cycle.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 03:11 AM

Another place to look is the time that Israel went into captivity. They went into captivity for 70 years. Why 70? Because of the 70 land Sabbaths that the land did not receive from Israel. Was this over 490 years, or 500? That should answer the question clearly.

Neither 490 years, nor 500 years would properly represent the number of land sabbaticals missed, if every single one of them were missed consecutively. About 442 consecutive years would yield 70 such sabbatical years on the Jubilee system, depending on where one wished to start and end such a period. If one starts just before a Jubilee, this could be fewer years, since the Jubilee doubles the sabbatical.

Consider:

50 years = 8 sabbaticals, the Jubilee itself being one of them.

The Jubilee system is not synonymous with the weekly Sabbaths, just as the Jewish calendar with its periodic sabbaths as tied to months was not equivalent to the weekly Sabbaths.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
... IF you have authorative sources on the topic, bring them out. ...

I did. Please read my post again. I would consider the Bible authoritative.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
No, you put YOUR interpretation on what the Bible says. Your interpretation is not authoritative. AND you completely ignore what the Bible says about the captivity of Israel being 70 years. Please read this in the Bible. Do you need help finding it? HINT: Are we speaking of 500 years or 490?

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 03:14 AM

APL, thanks for pointing that inconsistency out re my book The Prophetic Calendar. I'll have to revise that. I held the position that 702 and 457 BC and 1798 were all Jubilee's for years up until about seven months ago when a read a fascinating paper by Nora Roth. I discussed my position with her and went through all my scriptural reasons for my position that I cover in my book and at the end of the day I was convinced that she was right and none of those years is a jubilee. I'll post what my current thinking is below.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 03:21 AM

This is from the appendix to America Under Judgment.

Daniel 9 predicts not only the first coming of Christ but His second as well; not the second coming of Christ to this earth but His second coming to His temple, His church, to redeem His people and to fully liberate them from sin before He returns in the clouds. In this part we’ll look at Daniel 9 and the evidence pointing us to the final Jubilee, the gospel proclamation of complete liberation from sin.

Daniel 9:24 states:
Quote:
“Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.”

Daniel 9 clearly points us to a time when the atonement of Jesus Christ for His bride is finished. The scriptures teach that the Lord completed the first part of His atonement for us at the cross as foretold in this prophecy. But did He fully liberate His people from sin? The fact that His bride is still here and He is still there shows that the kingdom of God is still future and that “everlasting righteousness” is still waiting to enter the room.

Daniel 9, in a few short verses, covers the whole disposition of sin. It contains two distinct and essential fulfillments. Remember, Daniel is praying about the lethal problem of sin in his own people. Gabriel brings him a dual answer that provides a complete solution. So notice the prophecy again. The word translated “weeks” actually means “sevens” and as such can mean Jubilees because a Jubilee is seven Sabbatical cycles. An essential meaning therefore in verse 24 is 70 Jubilees or 70 x 49 = 3430 years. Now notice the two solutions:

The first solution is given in Sabbatical cycles - seventy “sevens” – 70 Sabbatical cycles – 70 x 7 = 490 years. Seventy “sevens” “are decreed for your people to atone for wickedness.” Jesus made the atonement and sacrifice for our wickedness. He lived a perfect life on earth and then died for our sins making it possible for us to be delivered from sin and to receive eternal life through faith in Him.

The 70 Sabbaticals predicted Christ’s first coming. They began in 457 BC and ended 490 years later in 34 AD. Jesus died and was resurrected in 31 AD in the middle of the 70th Sabbatical cycle. The first coming of Christ occurred at the exact time predicted in Daniel’s prophecy.

But the second solution is the final solution. Seventy “sevens” is 70 Jubilee cycles because a Jubilee is seven Sabbaticals – 70 x 7 x 7 = 3,430 years. Seventy “sevens” “are decreed for your people to put an end to sin . . . and to bring in everlasting righteousness.” The second fulfillment points to the time when God’s people will no longer transgress His law. Under the everlasting covenant eternal righteousness will be brought into their lives and they will cease to sin. Then Jesus will come to take them to heaven. In these two steps God’s people will be forever liberated - from sin. Halleluiah.

One Prophecy, Two Fulfillments

So the prophecy in Daniel 9 has two fulfillments. In a dual prophecy not all of the verses will apply to both fulfillments. For example, Matthew 24 is a dual prophecy. Matthew 24 predicted the destruction of Jerusalem and it also predicts events leading up to the second coming of Jesus. Some of the verses in Matthew 24 apply to the destruction of Jerusalem, some apply to the second coming of Jesus, and some apply to both. In the same way, Daniel 9:24 and 27 apply to both fulfillments. Verses 25 and 26 give specific details about the beginning of the 70 Sabbatical cycles and when Jesus would be baptized and crucified. Verses 24 and 27 surround verses 25 and 26, and apply to both fulfillments. Verses 24 and 27 reach their complete fulfillment in every specification only at the end of the 70 Jubilee cycles.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 03:24 AM

Neither 490 years, nor 500 years would properly represent the number of land sabbaticals missed, if every single one of them were missed consecutively. About 442 consecutive years would yield 70 such sabbatical years on the Jubilee system, depending on where one wished to start and end such a period. If one starts just before a Jubilee, this could be fewer years, since the Jubilee doubles the sabbatical.

Consider:

50 years = 8 sabbaticals, the Jubilee itself being one of them.

The Jubilee system is not synonymous with the weekly Sabbaths, just as the Jewish calendar with its periodic sabbaths as tied to months was not equivalent to the weekly Sabbaths.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
Then this should be easy for you, from the Bible, show that the Jubilee was COUNTED as a Sabbatical year.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
APL, thanks for pointing that inconsistency out re my book The Prophetic Calendar. I'll have to revise that. I held the position that 702 and 457 BC and 1798 were all Jubilee's for years up until about seven months ago when a read a fascinating paper by Nora Roth. I discussed my position with her and went through all my scriptural reasons for my position that I cover in my book and at the end of the day I was convinced that she was right and none of those years is a jubilee. I'll post what my current thinking is below.
Might your position change in another 3 months?

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 03:27 AM

The starting point of the 3430 years is the commencement of Israel’s possession of the Promised Land when Israel first began the counting of the Jubilees. Israel was directed to reckon their Jubilees from the time they entered the Promised Land:

Quote:
Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye come into the land which I give you, then shall the land keep a sabbath unto the LORD. Six years thou shalt sow thy field, and six years thou shalt prune thy vineyard, and gather in the fruit thereof; . . . And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years. Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubile to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month, in the day of atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land. And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family. Lev. 25:1-10.

According to scripture this first Jubilee cycle began forty years after the Hebrew’s Exodus from Egypt. When they crossed over the Jordan and first took possession of their promised inheritance the counting of the Jubilees began. In Daniel 9 the Jubilee is fulfilled at the time that God’s people, Jews and gentiles, are liberated from sin.

Several evangelical pastors are saying that this fall marks the start of the final Jubilee. If they are correct then by Daniel 9 that would place the start of the first Jubilee cycle when Israel entered the Promised Land at 1416 BC. ((2015 – 3430 + (- 1) = 1416 BC). An additional year is inserted because there is no zero year between BC and AD.) Does that agree with bible chronology? New studies on Old Testament chronology show it to be a very precise fit.

The prophecy of Ezekiel 4 is familiar to some bible students because it is one of only two places in scripture that give us the prophetic day-for-year principle. But in it’s own right Ezekiel 4 is much more important than we’ve realized: It holds a key to a complete and accurate chronology of sacred history. For centuries bible students and scholars have attempted to establish the chronology of the Old Testament but until now the period of the kings has thwarted all attempts to establish dates with a high degree of certainty earlier than the 8th century BC mainly due to co-regency data that is vague and hard to pinpoint and interpret. Ezekiel’s acted prophecy solves the riddle.

God sent a special warning to Judah and Jerusalem through Ezekiel. The prophecy of Ezekiel 4 was given in 592 BC, 13 years after the first exile of captives to Babylon in 605 BC. and three years before the final siege of Jerusalem which began in 589 and ended in 586 BC with the destruction of the city and Solomon’s temple.1 Ezekiel was told to illustrate the final siege and destruction of Jerusalem by making a model of the city on a clay tablet and laying siege to it for 430 days with each day representing a year - 390 days for the sin of Israel and an additional 40 days for the sin of Judah, a total of 430 years.

Significantly there are 70 Sabbatical years in the 430 year total given in Ezekiel 4, the same number that the scriptures say went unobserved which lead to the captivity of the Jews. II Chor. 36:22, Jer. 25:9-12, 29:10, Daniel 9:2. The question is which years are covered? Given that the vision of Ezekiel 4 is an acted warning of the impending destruction of the city and temple in 586 BC, this is the date for the ending point of that period. If we go back 430 years for the sins of Judah and Israel we come to 1016 BC, the first year of David’s reign.

How can we be confident that 1016 BC marks the start of David’s reign? In I Kings 1 and 2 it tells us that David and Solomon were co-regents for a period of time because, at Queen Bethsheba's request, who was the mother of Solomon, King David proclaimed Solomon king sometime before his death. We can estimate this period at about four years because David solemnly charged Solomon to build the house of God after his death (See I Kings 1 and 2 and I Chor 28 and 29, especially 29:22) and Solomon acted on that charge in the fourth year of his reign when the work on the temple was begun. I Kings 6:1. Since David’s death occurred in or very near to the fourth year of Solomon’s reign we can place the start of construction of the temple at 976 BC. And since, according to I Kings 6:1, the Exodus occurred 480 years earlier, we can place the Exodus at 1456 BC (976 BC plus 480 years) with a high degree of confidence. I'll post the rest tomorrow. In the mean time what do you all think so far?

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 03:32 AM

APL, that the Jubilee is a Sabbatical is clear from the law of the Jubilee. The land was to rest on the Jubilee in the same way it did on the Sabbatical. See Lev. 25.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 03:35 AM

Then this should be easy for you, from the Bible, show that the Jubilee was COUNTED as a Sabbatical year.

Sure. It is easy. Just look up "jubilee" in any Bible concordance and find all 19 references to the same (in the KJV) and look at them. They are clear.

For example:

25:8 And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years.
25:9 Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubilee to sound on the tenth [day] of the seventh month, in the day of atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land.
25:10 And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout [all] the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubilee unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.
25:11 A jubilee shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it, nor gather [the grapes] in it of thy vine undressed.
25:12 For it [is] the jubilee; it shall be holy unto you: ye shall eat the increase thereof out of the field.
25:13 In the year of this jubilee ye shall return every man unto his possession.

It is clear that the jubilee is the FIFTIETH YEAR (not the 49th). It is also clear that the land was to rest in that year, just as in the sabbatical year before it which was the 49th year.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 03:43 AM

The starting point of the 3430 years is the commencement of Israel’s possession of the Promised Land when Israel first began the counting of the Jubilees. Israel was directed to reckon their Jubilees from the time they entered the Promised Land:

Quote:
Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye come into the land which I give you, then shall the land keep a sabbath unto the LORD. Six years thou shalt sow thy field, and six years thou shalt prune thy vineyard, and gather in the fruit thereof; . . . And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years. Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubile to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month, in the day of atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land. And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family. Lev. 25:1-10.

According to scripture this first Jubilee cycle began forty years after the Hebrew’s Exodus from Egypt. When they crossed over the Jordan and first took possession of their promised inheritance the counting of the Jubilees began. In Daniel 9 the Jubilee is fulfilled at the time that God’s people, Jews and gentiles, are liberated from sin.

Several evangelical pastors are saying that this fall marks the start of the final Jubilee. If they are correct then by Daniel 9 that would place the start of the first Jubilee cycle when Israel entered the Promised Land at 1416 BC. ((2015 – 3430 + (- 1) = 1416 BC). An additional year is inserted because there is no zero year between BC and AD.) Does that agree with bible chronology? New studies on Old Testament chronology show it to be a very precise fit.

The prophecy of Ezekiel 4 is familiar to some bible students because it is one of only two places in scripture that give us the prophetic day-for-year principle. But in it’s own right Ezekiel 4 is much more important than we’ve realized: It holds a key to a complete and accurate chronology of sacred history. For centuries bible students and scholars have attempted to establish the chronology of the Old Testament but until now the period of the kings has thwarted all attempts to establish dates with a high degree of certainty earlier than the 8th century BC mainly due to co-regency data that is vague and hard to pinpoint and interpret. Ezekiel’s acted prophecy solves the riddle.

God sent a special warning to Judah and Jerusalem through Ezekiel. The prophecy of Ezekiel 4 was given in 592 BC, 13 years after the first exile of captives to Babylon in 605 BC. and three years before the final siege of Jerusalem which began in 589 and ended in 586 BC with the destruction of the city and Solomon’s temple.1 Ezekiel was told to illustrate the final siege and destruction of Jerusalem by making a model of the city on a clay tablet and laying siege to it for 430 days with each day representing a year - 390 days for the sin of Israel and an additional 40 days for the sin of Judah, a total of 430 years.

Significantly there are 70 Sabbatical years in the 430 year total given in Ezekiel 4, the same number that the scriptures say went unobserved which lead to the captivity of the Jews. II Chor. 36:22, Jer. 25:9-12, 29:10, Daniel 9:2. The question is which years are covered? Given that the vision of Ezekiel 4 is an acted warning of the impending destruction of the city and temple in 586 BC, this is the date for the ending point of that period. If we go back 430 years for the sins of Judah and Israel we come to 1016 BC, the first year of David’s reign.

How can we be confident that 1016 BC marks the start of David’s reign? In I Kings 1 and 2 it tells us that David and Solomon were co-regents for a period of time because, at Queen Bethsheba's request, who was the mother of Solomon, King David proclaimed Solomon king sometime before his death. We can estimate this period at about four years because David solemnly charged Solomon to build the house of God after his death (See I Kings 1 and 2 and I Chor 28 and 29, especially 29:22) and Solomon acted on that charge in the fourth year of his reign when the work on the temple was begun. I Kings 6:1. Since David’s death occurred in or very near to the fourth year of Solomon’s reign we can place the start of construction of the temple at 976 BC. And since, according to I Kings 6:1, the Exodus occurred 480 years earlier, we can place the Exodus at 1456 BC (976 BC plus 480 years) with a high degree of confidence. I'll post the rest tomorrow. In the mean time what do you all think so far?

Your Jubilees will be offset by 40 years if you interpret Ezekiel 4 as you have above. Mark, I would greatly encourage you to study the thread in the "New Light" section here which was begun on this prophecy some years ago already. You will find that the prophecy in Ezekiel 4 is a twin prophecy. There are two times given, and both lead to a destruction of the temple. Twice the temple was destroyed, but their destructions are not a mere 40 years apart in time, as you know. Look again carefully at the prophecy and its interpretation in that thread.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 03:47 AM

I'm in good company. Admitting when we're wrong is an essential characteristic of God's people. I don't think I'll be changing my view on this but it would be a personal tragedy to be to be shown I'm wrong again and not admit it. With my Slav etc heredity making a god of my own opinion comes naturally. It's my job to fight the good fight to stay subjected to the Lord and teachable.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 04:04 AM

The modern Jews are right on the reckoning of the cycle in my opinion. It's a 49 year cycle with the 50th year, the Jubilee, also being the first year of the next cycle.

I do not see how anyone believing the Bible could accept such a system. It seems like a Pharisaical rule to me. It would mean that the land was returned to an individual no more than 49 years after it was sold, instead of 50 as the Bible says. It is simply not possible to have your cake and eat it too. The Bible says 50. It means what it says. God Himself, who gave the system, said that the reckoning for the next Jubilee started AFTER the Jubilee year. See Leviticus 25:15 where God speaks of the years numbered "after the jubilee." The Bible does not say that the reckoning started AT or DURING the year of Jubilee.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 04:33 AM

Then commenced the jubilee, when the land should rest. I saw the pious slave rise in triumph and victory and shake off the chains that bound him, while his wicked master was in confusion and knew not what to do; for the wicked could not understand the words of the voice of God. Soon appeared the great white cloud. It looked more lovely than ever before. On it sat the Son of man. At first we did not see Jesus on the cloud, but as it drew near the earth we could behold His lovely person. This cloud, when it first appeared, was the sign of the Son of man in heaven. The voice of the Son of God called forth the sleeping saints, clothed with glorious immortality. The living saints were changed in a moment and were caught up with them into the cloudy chariot. It looked all over glorious as it rolled upward. On either side of the chariot were wings, and beneath it wheels. And as the chariot rolled upward, the wheels cried, "Holy," and the wings, as they moved, cried, "Holy," and the retinue of holy angels around the cloud cried, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty!" And the saints in the cloud cried, "Glory! Alleluia!" And the chariot rolled upward to the Holy City. Jesus threw open the gates of the golden city and led us in. Here we were made welcome, for we had kept the "commandments of God," and had a "right to the tree of life." {EW 35.1}

The above tells us that at the start of the Jubilee, Jesus will come. But, there are three different possibilities on the time of this Jubilee.

1) A millennial Jubilee (start of seventh thousand-year period)
2) A heavenly Jubilee (see quote below)
3) An earthly Jubilee (based on Levitical system)

But the time had now come. The Spirit had been waiting for the crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension of Christ. For ten days the disciples offered their petitions for the outpouring of the Spirit, and Christ in heaven added His intercession. This was the occasion of His ascension and inauguration, a jubilee in heaven. He had ascended on high, leading captivity captive, and He now claimed the gift of the Spirit, that He might pour it out upon His disciples. {ST, December 1, 1898 par. 5}

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 04:50 AM

Sure. It is easy. Just look up "jubilee" in any Bible concordance and find all 19 references to the same (in the KJV) and look at them. They are clear.

For example:

25:8 And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years.
25:9 Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubilee to sound on the tenth [day] of the seventh month, in the day of atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land.
25:10 And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout [all] the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubilee unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.
25:11 A jubilee shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it, nor gather [the grapes] in it of thy vine undressed.
25:12 For it [is] the jubilee; it shall be holy unto you: ye shall eat the increase thereof out of the field.
25:13 In the year of this jubilee ye shall return every man unto his possession.

It is clear that the jubilee is the FIFTIETH YEAR (not the 49th). It is also clear that the land was to rest in that year, just as in the sabbatical year before it which was the 49th year.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

NO - you have not proven that the year of Jubilee was counted as a Sabbathical year. It had similarities to the Sabbatical year, such as land rest, but there was more.

Ellen White did not consider it a Sabbatical year. As in the sabbatical year, the land was not to be sown nor reaped, and all that it produced was to be regarded as the rightful property of the poor. Certain classes of Hebrew slaves--all who did not receive their liberty in the sabbatical year -- were now set free. {RH, September 17, 1889 par. 15}

Other Adventist Pioneers interpreted the Jubilee a 49 year cycle. The Year of Jubilee corresponded to the end of the preceding cycle and the start of the next cycle. The Jubilee being the 50th year of the cycle and the first year of the next.

Consider what William Miller wrote about the types of Sabbaths (hm - different types of Sabbaths as there were also different types of priesthoods, but I digress):
1st. Is the seventh-day sabbath. Exodus 31:13-17. {1842 WiM, LTSGJ 28.1}
2nd. Is the fiftieth-day sabbath. Leviticus 23:15-16. {1842 WiM, LTSGJ 28.2}
3rd. Is the seventh week sabbath. Deuteronomy 16:9-10. {1842 WiM, LTSGJ 28.3}
4th. Is the seventh month sabbath. Leviticus 23:24-25. {1842 WiM, LTSGJ 28.4}
5th. Is the seventh year sabbath. Leviticus 25:3-5. {1842 WiM, LTSGJ 28.5}
6th. Is the year fiftieth, or jubilee. Leviticus 25:8-13. {1842 WiM, LTSGJ 28.6}
7th. Is the fiftieth jubilee, and may be called the antitype of all other sabbaths. This will take no less than forty-nine times fifty years, which is 2450 years, to bring us to the great Jubilee, of which all others are but the shadows or types. The next question which remains to be settled, is, to know when this time began. {1842 WiM, LTSGJ 28.7}

Originally Posted By: green
I do not see how anyone believing the Bible could accept such a system. It seems like a Pharisaical rule to me. It would mean that the land was returned to an individual no more than 49 years after it was sold, instead of 50 as the Bible says. It is simply not possible to have your cake and eat it too. The Bible says 50. It means what it says. God Himself, who gave the system, said that the reckoning for the next Jubilee started AFTER the Jubilee year. See Leviticus 25:15 where God speaks of the years numbered "after the jubilee." The Bible does not say that the reckoning started AT or DURING the year of Jubilee.

Hm - 49 time 50 = 2450. According to Green, Miller should have calculated 50 time 50.

Green - do not see how anyone believing the Bible could accept such a system.

Well - there one.

Green - It would mean that the land was returned to an individual no more than 49 years after it was sold, instead of 50 as the Bible says.

No, the Bible says after the Jubilee. Leviticus 25:15 According to the number of years after the Jubilee you shall buy from your neighbor, and according to the number of years of crops he shall sell to you.

Fifty is not menitoned in Leviticus 25:15. Only after the Jubilee. The Jubilee is the 50th year of the cycle.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 04:55 AM

I'm in good company. Admitting when we're wrong is an essential characteristic of God's people. I don't think I'll be changing my view on this but it would be a personal tragedy to be to be shown I'm wrong again and not admit it. With my Slav etc heredity making a god of my own opinion comes naturally. It's my job to fight the good fight to stay subjected to the Lord and teachable.
You see, people write books as if it is gospel truth only to find nope, wrong again. It is hard to pinpoint when the Jubilee exactly was as you have proven already. And, we just this data for what? Predicting the end of the world? We have enough evidence already. AND we had a prophecy which will mark the close of probation, Daniel 11:45. Have you figured THAT into your calculations? If not, why not?

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 05:07 AM

APL,

The passage you quoted from Review and Herald includes more paragraphs of explanation which follow. It is also more complete in Patriarchs and Prophets as quoted below.

As in the sabbatical year, the land was not to be sown or reaped, and all that it produced was to be regarded as the rightful property of the poor. Certain classes of Hebrew slaves--all who did not receive their liberty in the sabbatical year--were now set free. But that which especially distinguished the year of jubilee was the reversion of all landed property to the family of the original possessor. By the special direction of God the land had been divided by lot. After the division was made no one was at liberty to trade his estate. Neither was he to sell his land unless poverty compelled him to do so, and then, whenever he or any of his kindred might desire to redeem it, the purchaser must not refuse to sell it; and if unredeemed, it would revert to its first possessor or his heirs in the year of jubilee. {PP 533.4}

"As in" means equal with. The word "jubilee" is a special designation which covers the "sabbatical" concept, just as "passover" is a special designation which also covers the sabbath. Notice that the land is returned during the jubilee, not AFTER as you have attempted to claim Leviticus 25:15 supports. It does not. Read it again. It says nothing of the land being returned. It speaks of the land being bought again, AFTER the Jubilee.

If we look at a week, we see Sunday being the "first day of the sabbath" in the Bible, Monday the "second day," and so on. The sabbath is not again made "the first day of the sabbath. Neither was the Jubilee the first year of the next Jubilee cycle. That wouldn't make sense. When the Bible is so clear about beginning to buy land again AFTER the jubilee, we have clarity on how the numbering worked.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 05:39 AM

Very good Green!!! You recognize that proof texting has issues. However, your interpretation also has issue. The "as in" means that the observance has the same feature of land rest, BUT, the Jubilee did NOT equal the Sabbatical years, it had more. The Jubilee was not and is not the same as a Sabbatical year.

Now - YOU may not think it make sense, but that does not mean your interpretation is correct. You can see that your interpretation was not used by William Miller. Why do you think that was Green????

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 09:49 AM

After "seven sabbaths of years," "seven times seven years," came that great year of release--the jubilee. "Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubilee to sound . . . throughout all your land. And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubilee unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family." Leviticus 25:9, 10. {PP 533.2}

"On the tenth day of the seventh month, in the Day of Atonement," the trumpet of the jubilee was sounded. Throughout the land, wherever the Jewish people dwelt, the sound was heard, calling upon all the children of Jacob to welcome the year of release. On the great Day of Atonement satisfaction was made for the sins of Israel, and with gladness of heart the people would welcome the jubilee. {PP 533.3}

As in the sabbatical year, the land was not to be sown or reaped, and all that it produced was to be regarded as the rightful property of the poor. Certain classes of Hebrew slaves--all who did not receive their liberty in the sabbatical year--were now set free. But that which especially distinguished the year of jubilee was the reversion of all landed property to the family of the original possessor. By the special direction of God the land had been divided by lot. After the division was made no one was at liberty to trade his estate. Neither was he to sell his land unless poverty compelled him to do so, and then, whenever he or any of his kindred might desire to redeem it, the purchaser must not refuse to sell it; and if unredeemed, it would revert to its first possessor or his heirs in the year of jubilee. {PP 533.4}

The jubilee YEAR started on the Day of Atonement. It was the fiftieth year, attested both by the Holy Bible, God's Word, and by Ellen White. This is not the first of 49 years, because the year following, according to Leviticus, was the year when buying land was to resume, land that, also according to the Bible, would have to be returned to its original owner in the fiftieth year following such a purchase. If only 49 years occurred from Jubilee to Jubilee, a fifty-year time span would have never been possible. It would have only been possible to own a piece of land for 48 years, and then give it up in the 49th.

Whether you acknowledge the sabbath sacredness of the year of Jubilee or not, the math itself is self-evident.

And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubilee unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family. (Lev. 25:10)

The fiftieth year, not the forty-ninth, was here declared holy. The forty-ninth year was already counted as a sabbatical year, and the Jubilee year is in addition to it. During the year of Jubilee, in addition to letting the land have a Sabbath rest, every land was returned to its original family/owner, and every indentured servant (slave) was forgiven his debt and he was released to return to his property.

After the year of Jubilee, property could again be sold--which would have to be again returned fifty years later. This means it could not have been 49 years (which would only leave 48 years between Jubilees).

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 12:40 PM

We have enough evidence already. AND we had a prophecy which will mark the close of probation, Daniel 11:45. Have you figured THAT into your calculations? If not, why not?

APL, GC, I'm considering your comments and objections. Let me finish my posting and see if it doesn't address at least some of them. For now, let me just say that the super Jubilee, the 70th isn't the close of probation, the outpouring of the latter rain etc. It's the purification of the sons of Levi, the gospel harvest, the final atonement of Christ. Just as at the close of the 70 weeks of Daniel 9 when Christ suddenly came to His temple and cleansed it at the start of His ministry, in the same way at or near the start of the 70th Jubilee the Lord will do the same - He'll cleanse the church and purify the sons of Levi. Christ did that twice during His ministry, once at the start and once at the close. Ellen White says that this history will be repeated in the church in the future. I think we're soon about to see it. Our prayer now should be "Spare your people O Lord!".

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 12:59 PM

In Galations 3:16-18 the Apostle Paul describes a parallel 430 year period of sacred history mirroring the 430 reign of the Davidic dynasty. This period takes us up to the Exodus. It begins with the “seed”, the birth of Isaac, the child of the covenant promise, and goes to the Exodus. Exodus 12:40,41; Galatians 3:16-18; Genesis 22:1,2,10-18. The apostle says:
Quote:

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.” Gal 3:16-17.

Isaac was a type of Christ in that he is the seed through whom all of the earth is blessed, the child of promise and of faith. So it is appropriate that Inspiration would mark the start of the 430 years from his birth until the Exodus when the promise of deliverance made to Abraham was fulfilled. This divine period is bracketed with two great events of faith – the birth of Isaac and the liberation of Israel and giving of the law. Similarly, David’s throne was established by a prophetic promise and as a type of the throne of Christ. The house of David reigned as a type of the “seed”. Jacob’s prophecy regarding Judah is fulfilled first in the Davidic dynasty and then in Christ, Shiloh.

Quote:
“The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.” Gen 49:10.

Notice the symmetry of the divine chronology: From Isaac to Exodus 430 years. From Exodus to King David 440 years. From David to Zedekiah, 430 years for a total of 1300 years from Isaac to the end of the Davidic dynasty.

After 430 years of rule, David’s descendants sinned and broke the covenant and after 70 Sabbaticals went unobserved, the crown was removed from David’s house until Shiloh came, the one “whose right it is”.

Quote:
“Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high. I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him. Eze 21:26 and 27.

So 586 BC marks not only the destruction of Jerusalem but also marks the removal of the crown and the end of the 430 year reign of the house of David as foretold by the prophet. Ezekiel’s acted prophecy establishes the date for the start of David’s reign, 1016 BC, and the date of 976 BC as the fourth year of Solomon’s reign. From this date, and using I Kings 6:1 we can go back 480 years to the Exodus, 1456 BC, and then go forward 40 years to the entering of the promised land which is year one of the first Sabbatical and Jubilee, 1416 BC.

And if this interpretation is correct it solves the problem of the chronology of the kings. For those who've struggled with the chronology of the OT, especially the kings, this resolves the co-regencies and allows us to provide accurate dates back to Adam. It is about 10 years different from Edwin Thiele's chronology and about 30 from Usher's.

Taking the year 1416 BC as the beginning of the Jubilee cycle and counting 70 Jubilees to the final Jubilee year yields the year September 2015 to September 2016. This Jubilee year is corroborated in scripture because; 1) We know 2015 to be the end of a Sabbatical because the Sabbatical count has been maintained by the Jews and ancient historians. Although the Jews have lost track of the Jubilees they have maintained the Sabbatical count to modern times. The Jubilee always follows a Sabbatical. 2) The prophecy of Daniel 9 states that the Messiah will be cut off in the middle of a “seven”. Taking 1416 BC as the starting date, our Lord was cut off for us, crucified, in the exact middle of a Jubilee cycle, 31 AD.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 01:05 PM

The point of this is that we are on the verge of the most solemn, joyful, terribly awesome time in human history – when the Jubilee trumpet of God resounds throughout the world proclaiming total liberty to the enslaved human family; when God purifies the sons of Levi just before He sends His Son to take His pure Bride home.

Quote:
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. Rev 22:17-20.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 01:59 PM

Mark,

I'm not merely picking at straws here, but I've been studying these chronologies for most of my lifetime, having taken interest in them while I was yet in elementary school. I dare say I had no special agenda, no argument to prove, etc. at that time when God first inspired me with interest in those "boring" begats.

You said: "Isaac was a type of Christ in that he is the seed through whom all of the earth is blessed, the child of promise and of faith. So it is appropriate that Inspiration would mark the start of the 430 years from his birth until the Exodus when the promise of deliverance made to Abraham was fulfilled."

But the 430-year figure you present is inaccurate. The Bible accurately prophesies a 400-year period for Abraham's descendants, starting with Isaac, to be in Egypt. At that time, the entire land of Canaan was a part of Egypt, as the maps at the back of many Bibles will show. So while they were in "Canaan," they were in Egypt. The 400 years of the affliction of Abraham's descendants while in Egypt begin at Isaac's weaning ceremony, with his 14-year-old half brother Ishmael bullying him. He was only five years old. The extra 30 years, as are noted in Exodus 12:40-41 are for Abraham himself, beginning at the time he departed from Haran, at the age of 75 (see Gen. 12), and entered Canaan.

Regarding David's dynasty, as a responsible chronologist I must recognize that there are some gaps for which we simply cannot know of a certainty the dates. David chose Solomon to reign, and wisely installed him before his own death. David was still considered king until he died. We may safely assume he was not long co-regent with Solomon, but at the same time, at least one year, and perhaps more, of their reigns overlapped. This is why a text like 1 Kings 6:1, which connects Solomon all the way back to the Exodus, is so important.

You said: "After 430 years of rule, David’s descendants sinned and broke the covenant and after 70 Sabbaticals went unobserved, the crown was removed from David’s house until Shiloh came, the one 'whose right it is'."

Again, this is not correct. It does not align with your own thinking, much less mine. You appear to have at one and the same time included David's reign in your reckoning, amounting to 430 years, and then said that his descendants ruled for 430 years. Furthermore, you say they sinned after this time.

This is another point that is addressed in the Ezekiel's Prophecy thread, at that post I just linked.

It was Jeroboam who sinned and who made all Israel to sin, according to the Bible. His sin started the 390 day/year clock ticking. The seventy years of captivity were mentioned in 2 Chron. 36:21 as being to help the land fulfill her sabbaths, but the prophecy as given by Jeremiah himself in Jer. 25:11-12 makes no mention of sabbaths. God indicates there through Jeremiah that this punishment comes because the people have not listened to Him. While that might include the land sabbaticals, it obviously includes much more--for the chapter itself speaks of the people going after other gods, serving and worshiping them, and says they have not heed the prophets which God had sent. No mention is made of sabbaticals, which is interesting.

And if this interpretation is correct it solves the problem of the chronology of the kings. For those who've struggled with the chronology of the OT, especially the kings, this resolves the co-regencies and allows us to provide accurate dates back to Adam. It is about 10 years different from Edwin Thiele's chronology and about 30 from Usher's.

We cannot have accurate dates back to Adam. The generations from Adam to Abram are the weakest on the time line in terms of accuracy. For example, Luke records a son between Arphaxad and Salah which is absent in the Genesis record. Further compounding things, we cannot know how much rounding of years occurred. The culture was to always round UP, never down, so the years which we come to are likely in excess of the actual years which transpired, with exceptions for places like Cainan getting missed in the time line (unless Luke is wrong--but again, how does one know which is right)? There is no prophecy to span the first generations, unlike the rest of the time line. Prophecies can really help us.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 02:55 PM

GC, you're right that the inspired rule is to round up regarding ages. So we have a couple options. Either assume the pre-flood reckoning is accurate or assume it follows the scriptural rules of age reckoning. If it is the latter, the average error pre-flood would be an added half year per generation. Noah was the tenth generation from Adam so the total pre-flood reckoning would be about 5 years less if you assume the years given are rounded up. That assumption should be looked at carefully though before adopting it.

But if my solution is valid, it gives the prophetically important dates - the Exodus and the start of the Jubilee - spanning the full period from the Exodus with prophecy or long recorded periods and is independent of reignal or age data. The point of the thread is to discuss whether Daniel 9:24 predicts the complete solution to sin, the establishment of "everlasting righteousness"; whether it predicts the time of the everlasting covenant at the end of the 70th Jubilee.

Whether we agree or not, you can see the potential import. Christ's teaching was based on the same prophetic cornerstone - Daniel 9. He pointed to the start of the 70th week of Daniel 9 as the fulfillment of His announcement of the kingdom. In the same way, our message today is based on the same scripture, the start of the 70th Jubilee - the announcement of pardon and complete liberty.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 03:10 PM

Above I mentioned a quote from Ellen White that predicts a dual cleansing of the church in the near future. Here is one of her statements. You can find one or two other variations on the same thought:
Quote:
When Jesus began His public ministry, He cleansed the Temple from its sacrilegious profanation. Among the last acts of His ministry was the second cleansing of the Temple. So in the last work for the warning of the world, two distinct calls are made to the churches. The second angel's message is, "Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication" (Revelation 14:8). And in the loud cry of the third angel's message a voice is heard from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities" (Revelation 18:4, 5).--The Review and Herald, Dec. 6, 1892.

As a church we've been much too complacent when we read a statement like that. We tend to think it applies to "the world". Not so. It applies as much and more to Adventism as it does to the backslidden churches because judgment begins at the house of God. Ezekiel 9 and I Peter 4:17. "Spare your people O Lord!" is my prayer. Please join me.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 03:29 PM

This above quote by Ellen White is connected to Daniel 9 in this way: if we are now in the super Jubilee, both the latter rain and the first cleansing of the church are immanent. Awesome thoughts.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 04:28 PM

Mark,

If you're going to build a case based on reckoning of Biblical times, then you cannot shrug off the importance of getting those times right. I understand that you want to bring out a more important truth which you believe applies to our time. But therein lies the difficulty--does it apply to this time?

Of course, we have Mrs. White saying that there will be no more prophecy upon definite time...which, if it applies to this, would put the biggest damper on the whole venture of reckoning. But, if you ARE going to reckon, then you must be precise about your methods in doing so.

Saying that the lifespan years from Adam to Abram would be rounded up, and then saying they didn't count partial years (rounding down), contradicts yourself, logically speaking. I don't know how you can accept such logic, but I could not, and do not. If this sort of methodology is followed in other portions of your reckoning, we can safely conclude that you might arrive at whichever date you set out to establish.

Mrs. White said that time after time would be set, and fail to come to pass, and that each one would weaken the faith of some. Finally, she says, a date will be set too far into the future, again with dire results.

Perhaps we're back at the question of if we should even be spending time on such a discussion. I realize that there are some times of which we perhaps can and should be aware--but if Jesus is to come in a Jubilee year, and if we are to have no more message upon definite time (which a Jubilee would certainly be), then perhaps we already know the answer.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 04:46 PM

GC, while you were typing this I edited my post. Have a look at the edited version. I'm taking your comments seriously. The post is the one where I comment on pre-flood reckoning.

If you disagree that's not a problem. I'm asking the readers to weigh the evidence. Are we at the start of Daniel's 70th seven?

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 04:51 PM

Mark, it is interesting that William Miller used similar logic to point to 1844, though he had different starting dates. He spoke of 7 types, [1] 7th-day Sabbath, [2] 50-ieth day Sabbath (Pentacost), [3] 7th-week Sabbath, [4] 7th-month Sabbath, [5] 7-th year Sabbath, [6] 50-ieth year Jubilee, AND [7] 50-ieth Jubilee.

He had different starting dates for the Jubilee, which pointed to 31AD as a Jubilee and 1844AD as a Jubilee, the 50-ieth Jubilee.

Using Miller's dates, 2015 is mid between Jubilees.

Both can't be right, and both can be wrong. EGW said Time is no longer a test, and she said Christ could have come after 1888, which negates your theory, or so it seems to me Mark. We do have a final "guidepost" that the Adventist pioneers wrote about. It has not happened yet. God has been holding the 4 winds for some time now.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 05:22 PM

GC, while you were typing this I edited my post. Have a look at the edited version. I'm taking your comments seriously. The post is the one where I comment on pre-flood reckoning.

If you disagree that's not a problem. I'm asking the readers to weigh the evidence. Are we at the start of Daniel's 70th seven?

Ok, I have looked at your revised post. And here's the portion I would like to address:

GC, you're right that the inspired rule is to round up regarding ages. So we have a couple options. Either assume the pre-flood reckoning is accurate or assume it follows the scriptural rules of age reckoning. If it is the latter, the average error pre-flood would be an added half year per generation. Noah was the tenth generation from Adam so the total pre-flood reckoning would be about 5 years less if you assume the years given are rounded up. That assumption should be looked at carefully though before adopting it.

You're getting the 5 years from the assumption that each one would only round up by one year. But the fact is you have both a birth year and a death year for each person (in the case of Genesis, a birth year and a birth year--but that sounds too confusing), leading to a maximum possible rounding of two years per generation, and a minimum of zero. The mathematical average between two and zero, both of which are unlikely for a given generation if rounding is done, would be one year. So for ten generations, subtract ten years. This is what I have done with my own time calculations. If you study the times of the kings of Israel versus those of Judah, you will see examples of a two-year rounding for one of the kings who both came and went during a long reign of a king on the other side. I've observed these Biblical details carefully, so, again, I'm not merely picking at flaws in your logic. In fact, perhaps due to differing times of the year of the coronation and demise of one of the kings, we appear to have a three year discrepancy on one of them. You can find it in 2 Kings 13:1-10. You will see that in the 23rd year of Joash, king of Judah, Jehoahaz, son of Jehu, becomes king of Israel. He reigns for 17 years, and dies, following which his son becomes king in the 37th year of Joash, king of Judah. Doing the math, 37 - 23 = 14 years, and yet Jehoahaz is said to reign for 17 years. It matters little if one argues that the years were rounded, the scribes recorded the years in error, or some error was inserted along the way--the result is similar: we cannot fully rely on the numbers that look easiest to work with. This is why more reliable numbers must be found, such as those of Ezekiel's prophecy.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 05:24 PM

An interesting perspective on this issue can be gotten by doing a Google search on a term like "3430 years".

The 70-jubilee scheme is an old one, and people have set forth all sorts of starting dates. My favorite so far is 1563 B.C. as the starting date, with the ending date at 1868 A.D.

A prominent recent example of this approach is Larry Wilson, who went with 1437 B.C. to 1994 A.D.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 09:05 PM

Mark, it is interesting that William Miller used similar logic to point to 1844, though he had different starting dates. He spoke of 7 types, [1] 7th-day Sabbath, [2] 50-ieth day Sabbath (Pentacost), [3] 7th-week Sabbath, [4] 7th-month Sabbath, [5] 7-th year Sabbath, [6] 50-ieth year Jubilee, AND [7] 50-ieth Jubilee.
Well, my friend, again I'm in good company - Miller's and Christ's. You know how highly Ellen White speaks of Miller's prophetic understanding. He was wrong on some things, but look at the powerful way he was used by God. We're still reaping the blessings of the Second Great Awakening today.

I want the readers to understand that in saying we're now in the 70th and final Jubilee of Daniel 9 my only message and intent is to mirror our Lord's use of the same prophecy in His day. "The time is fulfilled, the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. Repent ye, and believe the gospel". Mark 1:15.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/26/15 09:11 PM

If anyone wants a secure link to America UnderJudgment email me at mark.shipowick@gmail.com. This topic is in the appendix.

Is anyone interested in some thoughts/observations on the "super Jubilee" in Ezekiel's temple?

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/30/15 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: glenm
It might be useful to say something about the Jewish calendar in 1844 and 2015.

In the late summer of 1844, when the "seventh month movement" kicked in, the Millerites needed to determine the beginning of the seventh month. One choice was September 14, as found on the standard Jewish calendar. The other choice was the new moon a month later.

The Millerites made the latter choice, and Damsteegt's book in the "Words of the Adventist Pioneers" database gives the details. This choice is the basis for the October 22 1844 date for the Day of Atonement.

The years 1844 and 2015 have identical dates on the standard Jewish calendar for the beginning of the seventh month, like this:

9/14/1844 Rosh Hashana 5605

9/14/2015 Rosh Hashana 5776

The reason why the dates are identical is because 2015 is 171 years removed from 1844, and 171 is a multiple of 19, and the Jewish calendar is known to run in a 19-year cycle.

The 19-year cycle is based on the fact that a period of 19 solar years is almost identical to 235 lunar months. The 235 lunar months is based on allocating 12 lunar months for each of the 19 years, for a total of 228 lunar months, and then intercalating an additional 7 lunar months, to make 235 lunar months. The intercalation is required to keep the Jewish holidays from drifting with the seasons, for example Passover in the fall or Tabernacles in the spring.

I don't know if specific dates in any year after 1844 will ever be important prophetically. GC 399.4 makes the argument that the fall types must have antitypical fulfillments at some point, and this was the reasoning for the specific date in 1844.

Whether this applies to the antitypical Trumpets and Tabernacles I can't say.

However, it seems to me that we should keep in mind the calendar choice that the Millerites made in 1844, and ask why they did things this way.
Glen, I could be wrong about the timing of the 2015 Day of Atonement. It may be next month. The two years are very similar astronomically. Because of the slight differences bewteen this year and 1844 I thought the modern rabbis were right. I may be wrong.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 09/30/15 07:20 PM

Why can no one determine when the year begins?!

Is it equinox?
Is it barley harvest?

Each person insists they're correct. (Except Mark allows he could be wrong, which isn't the case of the majority)

We talked about a 24 day on a round earth and the international date line. What about siting of the moon on a round earth? And what if the siting of that moon on the round earth determines when the year begins?

= part of the earth started one month, and the other part started the next month.

Then what?

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/01/15 12:41 AM

Why can no one determine when the year begins?!

Is it equinox?
Is it barley harvest?

Each person insists they're correct. (Except Mark allows he could be wrong, which isn't the case of the majority)

We talked about a 24 day on a round earth and the international date line. What about siting of the moon on a round earth? And what if the siting of that moon on the round earth determines when the year begins?

= part of the earth started one month, and the other part started the next month.

Then what?

With regard to your posting and the last one by Mark, a couple of comments.

I think we have to assume that the Jewish feasts and calendar are mediated by divine intervention. Since there has not been a temple service for nearly 2000 years, and since God's glory left the temple around 2600 years ago, accurately determining feast dates can be tricky.

I have some software that displays standard Jewish calendars, but the standard calendar is algorithmic rather than being based on observation, and there is reason to believe that the application of the standard rules often results in setting the seventh month too early in the season.

I don't know why the Millerites did what they did, but it was a deliberate choice to ignore the standard Jewish calendar, and I have to believe that there was divine leading involved.

There is a free PDF download that gives an idea of calendars in use in Christ's time. The book is "Babylonian Chronology" by Parker & Dubberstein. The book tends to confirm the choice the Millerites made.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/13/15 03:33 PM

Glen, Kland, since starting this topic a friend shared an excellent PDF study on the biblical calendar by an Adventist brother. He places the Day of Atonement at Oct 26 this year but in my view this is probably one to three days too late. I'd place the Day at Oct 23, possibly 24 or even 25 and the Feast of Trumpets today or tomorrow but possibly even Thursday. If you want a copy of his study which again is very good, email him at withgirdedsword@gmail.com. I'm sure he'll be glad to share it or give you a link.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/14/15 01:10 AM

Ok, you're saying it's different time than some say and he says because....?

And those suggested days are for the whole world, or for your local location?

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/15/15 09:41 AM

"withgirdedsword@gmail.com" - - Brendan! A good guy. How well do you know him?

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/15/15 08:12 PM

Noticed he has a website, too. Though I think it is a work in progress.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/17/15 04:26 AM

I just made contact with him for the first time a couple days ago.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/17/15 04:29 AM

Ok, you're saying it's different time than some say and he says because....? And those suggested days are for the whole world, or for your local location?
I'm still digesting his material and just started exchanging thoughts so I'm sure I understand what he's saying.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/17/15 06:52 AM

Noticed he has a website, too. Though I think it is a work in progress.
OK - I see he does have a website - yes, very much a work in progress it does appear.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/24/15 03:12 AM

"withgirdedsword@gmail.com" - - Brendan! A good guy. How well do you know him?

APL I've gotten to know Brendan some in the last week. It's been good. He's one of the best studied people I've met on the biblical calendar. We've been discussing the rules that the calendar operates on, mostly the rules governing the start of the biblical year. About 25 percent of what we've discussed has been Jubilee and Sabbatical related.

Brendan thinks that the Sabbatical is this year, fall of 2015 to 2016, whereas most Jews and Christians think it was last year and that the Jubilee could be this year. He bases that mainly on two scholarly articles, one by Robert Young and another by a man named Wacholder. The articles are convincing but not compelling. The other side makes valid points as well. For me the deciding factor is Daniel 9. Here's part of what I wrote to Brendan earlier today:
Quote:

Regarding the timing of the Sabbaticals the main problem I have with making 27 to 28 AD a Sabbatical is that it undermines the mid-week crucifixion. The literal week runs from day one to day seven. The two witnesses in Daniel 9 that this order is preserved in the year count are that the prophecy is given in terms of "weeks" or "sevens" and this wouldn't be the case I don't think if the two did not align. The other is the mid-week crucifixion. If the 490 years starts on the last day of the cycle, the Sabbath, Christ was not slain in the middle of a true "seven", but in the middle of an arbitrary "seven". While it's true that Sunday occurs every seven days, it's not the true seventh day and Thursday is not the true mid-week point. And I think this same principle has a bearing on reckoning the days to Pentecost. The counting of days helps confirm our faith in the integrity of the literal week.

The Lord will make all of this plain I think in the near future. We could be wrong, but Nora and I are both convicted that significant events will mark the start of the next Jubilee which we think is 24 to 48 hours away. Regardless of whether momentous events unfold shortly, if we go at this like the pioneers did in the 1848 study conferences the Lord will make it plain. The same meek and teachable faith will bring the same results.
Posted By: ProdigalOne

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/24/15 05:21 AM

Mark, reading through your latest post, I was struck by the statement:"...Nora and I are both convicted that significant events will mark the start of the next Jubilee which we think is 24 to 48 hours away."

As I type these words, Patricia, the strongest hurricane ever recorded is about to make landfall on the Pacific coast of Mexico. I have no idea if this is relevant to your fascinating study; however, it makes me wonder, how would you define a "significant" event?

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/25/15 06:39 AM

Patricia a "significant" event? Nope.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/25/15 12:08 PM

You are probably right, but my question was in regard to Mark's thoughts on what events he believes are about to occur.

APL, what do you think would qualify as a significant event in the context of the beginning of the Jubilee?
Posted By: Elle

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/25/15 01:40 PM

I meant to reply to this ever since you opened this thread Mark, but were busy elsewhere in other discussions. Currently, my time on the forum will be limited for the next few months.

In brief....there was a 38 years discrepency between the Jubilee Calendar from Adam and the Israelites Calendar when they began keeping the Feasts/Jubilee when they entered in Canaan.

On the 10th day of the 7th Month(Day of Atonement) the Israelites believed the 10 bad spies report instead of believing the Lord's command to enter the promised land. If they would of believed, then on the day of Atonement the Jubilee trumpet would of sounded and on the first day of Tabernacle they would of entered the promised land and this event would of marked the 50th Jubilee from Adam. 50 is the number that represent Jubilee.

However because of unbelief they did not enter the Lord's ultimate rest, but instead the Lord made them wonder in the wilderness for another 38 years. Also the Lord made them enter the promise land on PASSOVER instead of TABERNACLE. That is very significant event by itself showing their level of faith which was only a Passover level of faith as they refused to enter Pentecost and Tabernacle. So when they finally entered the promised land at Passover, they started to keep all the feasts as commanded but there was a 38 years discrepency between the Lord's Jubilee calendar from the Israelites feasts days & Jubiee calendar.

After the 70 years captivity with Babylon, the Lord brought a "correction" by narrowing the discrepencies between the two calendars. What I've read (but stil haven't verified with personal studies to track down all the eventfull years into my personal timeline) there is only a 7 years discrepencies between the two calenders now.

I would recommend that we all review our timeline. I had proposed like 5 months ago to study here the date of the next Jubilee by which to my understanding(still needs to be verified thought) that the next Jubilee counting from Adam is in the year 2035.

IF 34AD was a sabbatical year, then 2015 would be a sabbatical year. 69AD would be a sabbatical year. IF the Jubilee was 702BC and 457BC, then 2015 can not be a Jubilee.

Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick - Prophetic Calendar
The main biblical sources for identifying the timing of the Jubilee and Sabbatical years are the 70 week prophecy in Daniel 9 and the story of the Assyrian siege of Jerusalem under Hezekiah in Isaiah 37:30. The text in Isaiah describes Sabbatical and Jubilee years where no crops are planted. Historians have been able to pinpooint both the teturn date of the Jews described in Daniel 9 and Ezra 6 and 7, and Assyrian iege of Isaiah 37. As we've seen above, the start of the 70 weeks is 457BCE. The siege occurred in 701. These two dates synchronize with each other. The time span fromone year after the siege, 702 to 457BCE is a multiple of 49 wich tells us that 701 was a Sabbatical and 702 a Jubilee. In addition there are other extra biblical sources confirming the Sabbatical cycles. For example, one ancient historian noted that Jerusalem was destroyed one year after a Sabbatical year. This further confirms that above; if a Sabbatical ended in the fall of 69AD, then a Sabbatical also ended and a Jubilee began in the fall of 457BC. And it confirms 2015 as a Sabbatical.

If 701BC and 456BC was a Jubilee, then where were the other Jubilees?
Code:
Jubilee years based on Mark's reckoning. 
  702BC  653BC  604BC  555BC  506BC  457BC  408BC
  359BC  310BC  261BC  212BC  163BC  114BC   65BC
   16BC   34AD   83AD  132AD  181AD  230AD  279AD
  328AD  377AD  426AD  475AD  524AD  573AD  622AD
  671AD  720AD  769AD  818AD  867AD  916AD  965AD
 1014AD 1063AD 1112AD 1161AD 1210AD 1259AD 1308AD
 1357AD 1406AD 1455AD 1504AD 1553AD 1602AD 1651AD
 1700AD 1749AD 1798AD 1847AD 1896AD 1945AD 1994AD
 2043AD
2015 can not be a Jubilee. Can it be a Sabbatical years? 1994+21 = 2015. Yes based on Mark's reckoning, but not a Jubilee.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/27/15 08:00 PM

Quote:
On the 10th day of the 7th Month(Day of Atonement) the Israelites believed the 10 bad spies report instead of believing the Lord's command to enter the promised land.
Support please. I can't find it.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/27/15 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne

You are probably right, but my question was in regard to Mark's thoughts on what events he believes are about to occur.

APL, what do you think would qualify as a significant event in the context of the beginning of the Jubilee?
Significant? Keep it ambiguous and anything fits.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/30/15 06:08 PM

Here's a significant event. Have you noticed Venus and Jupiter are perfectly lined up [with each other] in the morning sky? I have never before noticed that.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/31/15 02:30 AM

APL, as I said earlier, I've changed my view on the chronology of the Jubilees since writing my ebook. Yesterday I uploaded my revision to Amazon. Here's a google link to the revised version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-gIDxqkPPVGRGtrU0ExRkNvNnc/view?usp=sharing.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/31/15 02:38 AM

Prodigalone, sorry for the delay in replying. To answer your question of what significant event am I talking about for Oct 24, 2015 my post from page four of the thread, post #177117 reads:
Quote:
It's the purification of the sons of Levi, the gospel harvest, the final atonement of Christ. Just as at the close of the 70 weeks of Daniel 9 when Christ suddenly came to His temple and cleansed it at the start of His ministry, in the same way at or near the start of the 70th Jubilee the Lord will do the same - He'll cleanse the church and purify the sons of Levi. Christ did that twice during His ministry, once at the start and once at the close. Ellen White says that this history will be repeated in the church in the future. I think we're soon about to see it. Our prayer now should be "Spare your people O Lord!".

Re: A Super Jubilee - 10/31/15 03:38 PM

Do you have any thoughts as to how the "the sons of Levi" will be purified?

Is this the time when the Shaking will increase?
The encroachment of the Omega Apostasy?
The first intimations of Sunday laws inciting persecution?

Re: A Super Jubilee - 11/02/15 01:27 AM

All of the above. I've studied The Shaking vision in EW page 269 for years and I think it's coming on us now. That is both the good news and the bad news.

BTW, your signature text is one of my favorites.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 11/03/15 07:41 PM

APL, as I said earlier, I've changed my view on the chronology of the Jubilees since writing my ebook. Yesterday I uploaded my revision to Amazon. Here's a google link to the revised version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-gIDxqkPPVGRGtrU0ExRkNvNnc/view?usp=sharing.
From what I was able to read, it talks about the year being based upon solstices and equinoxes. That's not Biblical, right, but from "Enoch"? While a solstice could be determined within a few days, how does one determine equinox?

Quote:
How it Works in 2015

So, how does the calendar work? The inspired texts indicate the

solar year is primary and starts at the spring equinox. But how do

we determine which day of the week is New Year's Day? Above

we saw that in the solar year the weeks and months are

synchronized with the year. In the creation account although the

sun was created on the fourth day, time began on the first day. If

creation week was the first week of the New Year and by

definition it would be, then the first day of the creation was New

Year's day, a Sunday.

Taking 2015 as our example, the equinox occurred on Saturday

March 21, at about 12:45 AM Jerusalem time or Friday March 20,

22:45 Universal Time5

always a Sunday and given that a biblical day runs from sundown

to sundown, the solar New Year's Day started on the first

“Sunday” after the equinox – that is it started on the evening of

Saturday March 21 and ended the following evening of Sunday

March 22.

. Given that the Solar New Years Day is
Must need to read more because why does Sunday have to start a year, why if creation was new year's day and a Sunday then this year's new year's day must start on the first Sunday after the Equinox rather than on it?

Whether actual sighting or calculation of first "visible" moon, can the full moon be on the 15th? Doesn't it have to be conjunction for it to be full on the 15th?

And, seems like I've asked this before, how does any of this relate to a round world? Or are we to look to "Old Jerusalem"?

Re: A Super Jubilee - 11/07/15 11:01 PM

Kland, in the last few weeks I've learned some interesting things about how the pioneers arrived at Oct 44, 1844. This was one of the reasons for revising my book. For example, it appears that Leroy Froom mistakenly assumed that the Ballenger brothers were correct on the roll of Karaite reckoning among the Millerites without carefully doing his own research. If Froom had checked carefully he would have found that the pioneers used the ancient Jewish reckoning that followed the first new moon after the equinox rule and this was the main basis for their calculation.

The proposition I'm putting out here is that 2015 is a divinely appointed time - the 70th Jubilee. It's a time of spiritual Liberty. The focus of this, if it's of God, will be that Christ is lifted up as the lamb of God that washes us and liberates us from our sin. If it is time excitement, I agree, it's clearly not of God. If it is "THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS" it is.
Posted By: jamesonofthunder

Re: A Super Jubilee - 11/10/15 09:51 AM

...it appears that Leroy Froom mistakenly assumed that the Ballenger brothers were correct on the roll of Karaite reckoning among the Millerites without carefully doing his own research. If Froom had checked carefully he would have found that the pioneers used the ancient Jewish reckoning that followed the first new moon after the equinox rule and this was the main basis for their calculation.

The proposition I'm putting out here is that 2015 is a divinely appointed time - the 70th Jubilee. It's a time of spiritual Liberty. The focus of this, if it's of God, will be that Christ is lifted up as the lamb of God that washes us and liberates us from our sin. If it is time excitement, I agree, it's clearly not of God. If it is "THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS" it is.

(This is going to hurt a little at first but it could save your soul)

I wish I could show you what you just did, but you don't seem in the right frame of mind to hear lately so you need to be awakened. In the name of the Lord you need to check yourself BROTHER. You just stepped WAYYYY over your boundaries and you are teaching lies direct from Satan. And you are selling a book of this garbage? Destroy it now.

I cannot believe some of the things that have come out of your mind since you started writing that book without God guiding you.

Just to prove the point, which YOU should have done in your fact checking...

Since you know so much about the movement, was James White wrong by saying this?

"(some) “who took an active part in the seventh-month cry have since pronounced the movement the work of the Devil.” See: Geo. Storrs, “Confession,” The Midnight Cry, Nov. 14, 1844, p. 157; [James White], “Brother Miller’s Dream,” Present Truth, May 1850, p. 74.

No, James couldn't be a pioneer could he?

How about Uriah Smith?

"The prophecy declared that at the end of the 2300 days the sanctuary should be cleansed; and as in the type the sanctuary was cleansed on the tenth day of the seventh month of the Jewish year, that point in the autumn of 1844 was accordingly fixed upon for the termination of the 2300 years. It fell on the 22nd of October. Between the mid-summer of 1844, when the light on these subjects was first seen, and the day and month above named when the 2300 years terminated, perhaps no movement ever exhibited greater activity than this respecting the soon coming of Christ, and in no cause was ever more accomplished in so short a space of time. A religious wave swept over this country, and the nation was stirred as no people have been stirred since the opening of the great Reformation of the sixteenth century. This was called the “seventh-month movement,” and was more particularly confined to the United States and Canada. {DAR1909 639.3}

But that book isn't inspired directly by God is it? (Sarcasm)

"It was later in this period that eyes turned to October 22, which, according to the Karaite reckoning, would be the exact time for the fulfillment of the prophecy of Daniel 8:14. It came about this way: {1BIO 50.5}

So you say Willie White was not a Pioneer? Was he not privileged to hear EVERYTHING from his mother and father?

Oh but I think the wife of James White said something about the Holy Spirit during that time, gee was she lying too?

***** STAFF EDIT *****

Re: A Super Jubilee - 11/10/15 10:04 AM

This is the problem of letting Google do your research brother Mark, you didn't know what search query to type in to find the information you were looking for. It took all of two seconds after God inspired me to challenge you for Him to tell me to look up the words "seventh Month". ***** STAFF EDIT *****

This is from Christ in His sanctuary, but I could have quoted a dozen verses to prove you were not inspired in what you wrote above and the garbage you are feeding others on Amazon.

"These types were fulfilled, not only as to the event, but as to the time. On the fourteenth day of the first Jewish month, the very day and month on which for fifteen long centuries the Passover lamb had been slain, Christ, having eaten the Passover with His disciples, instituted that feast which was to commemorate His own death as “the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” John 1:29 That same night He was taken by wicked hands to be crucified and slain. And as the antitype of the wave sheaf our Lord was raised from the dead on the third day, “the first fruits of them that slept,” 1 Corinthians 15:20 a sample of all the resurrected just, whose “vile body” shall be changed, and “fashioned like unto His glorious body.” Philippians 3:21. {CIHS 83.1}
In like manner the types which relate to the second advent must be fulfilled at the time pointed out in the symbolic service. Under the Mosaic system the cleansing of the sanctuary, or the great Day of Atonement, occurred on the tenth day of the seventh Jewish month (Leviticus 16:29-34), when the high priest, having made an atonement for all Israel, and thus removed their sins from the sanctuary, came forth and blessed the people. So it was believed that Christ, our great High Priest, would appear to purify the earth by the destruction of sin and sinners, and to bless His waiting people with immortality. The tenth day of the seventh month, the great Day of Atonement, the time of the cleansing of the sanctuary, which in the year 1844 fell upon the twenty-second of October, was regarded as the time of the Lord’s coming. This was in harmony with the proofs already presented that the 2300 days would terminate in the autumn, and the conclusion seemed irresistible.... {CIHS 83.2}
Carefully and solemnly those who received the message came up to the time when they hoped to meet their Lord. Every morning they felt that it was their first duty to secure the evidence of their acceptance with God. Their hearts were closely united, and they prayed much with and for one another. They often met together in secluded places to commune with God, and the voice of intercession ascended to heaven from the fields and groves. The assurance of the Saviour’s approval was more necessary to them than their daily food; and if a cloud darkened their minds, they did not rest until it was swept away. As they felt the witness of pardoning grace, they longed to behold Him whom their souls loved. {CIHS 83.3}

***** STAFF EDIT *****

Re: A Super Jubilee - 11/11/15 08:24 PM

James I agree with Oct 22, 1844. I'm saying the Ballenger brothers didn't do their research well when they concluded that the Millerites based that date on Karaite reckoning and Froom mistakenly assumed that they were correct without checking. Here's a Google Drive link to a newsletter that contains a good article starting at page 29 on how the Millerites settled on Oct 22, which is the correct date.

The "Newsletter" containing the article is by a feast keeper, Brendan Valiant. He's a good bible student but we differ on some basic points such as feast keeping. I respect those who keep the feasts but don't do it myself.

I'm glad you brought up the issue of sources because I didn't cite any above.

Re: A Super Jubilee - 11/11/15 11:40 PM

James I agree with Oct 22, 1844. I'm saying the Ballenger brothers didn't do their research well when they concluded that the Millerites based that date on Karaite reckoning and Froom mistakenly assumed that they were correct without checking. Here's a Google Drive link to a newsletter that contains a good article starting at page 29 on how the Millerites settled on Oct 22, which is the correct date.

The "Newsletter" containing the article is by a feast keeper, Brendan Valiant. He's a good bible student but we differ on some basic points such as feast keeping. I respect those who keep the feasts but don't do it myself.

I'm glad you brought up the issue of sources because I didn't cite any above.

Your words were that "Froom MISTAKENLY assumed" that does not sound supportive.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church