Cross stitch

Posted By: Stephanie Suranyi

Cross stitch - 07/14/04 08:48 PM

Hey, all! I'm back! Sorry it's been so long. I was wondering if anyone is interested in cross stitching or even quilting. If so, what are some of your favorite patterns? Do you prefer counted or stamped?
As far as quilting, what material would anyone recommend for backing?
Looking forward to responses!
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Cross stitch - 07/15/04 12:44 AM

[Thank You] Welcome back, Stephanie!!! [Thank You] [Smile]

As this isn't my area of expertise, I will let others reply to your post. [Animated Laughter]

I only wanted to say hello and welcome you back! [Big Grin]
Posted By: Sarah Moss

Re: Cross stitch - 07/17/04 06:13 AM

Hi Stephanie! I'll add my welcome back to Daryl's, but I can also respond to your post! [Wink]

I did cross stitch for years, mostly in the form of samplers for new baby's, marriages, etc. Although I have also done some nice samplers just for framing. I prefer counted cross stitch - it makes me feel more artistic! [Smile] I had a couple of beautiful patterns for baby sampler a few years back, but now that I want to make one for my baby, I can't find the patterns... I'm afraid I may have lent them out to a friend.

I haven't done a lot of cross stitching in the past couple of years due to suffering from eyestrain.... working all day on a computer did not really making coming home and working on a cross stitch appealing - my eyes hurt and my vision was usually blurred after all the screen watching! However, I'm hoping to get back into it now that I'm at home with my son.... of course, that produces a whole new difficulty, but I'm sure I can find at least one hour a day to devote to my cross-stitch again.... I even have a couple of projects that are still unfinished. [Roll Eyes]

Hmmmm... Thanks for the reminder.... I think I'll go dig them out and find a place where my little toddling infant can't get at them but I can still work on them! [Smile]

Re: Cross stitch - 07/17/04 02:12 AM

Hey Sarah, & Daryl,
Thanks for the welcome back!
Sarah, what kinds of patterns are you looking for? I have some baby patterns..... If you want, I could e-mail them to you. Also, there are some sites that have free patterns that you can download. My latest thing is NASCAR racing patterns. My sister and brother-in-law like one driver and we like another. He is a rookie and he is, so far, a clean driver. That is why we like him :-)
Let me know if I can be of any help!

Steph

Re: Cross stitch - 08/02/04 07:19 PM

Anyone else interested in cross stitch? Embroidery? Sewing? Dollmaking? Anything?
I am almost done with a cross stitch picture of Jesus at the heart's door. I am doing it as a wedding gift for my two best friends. We were inseparable when we were growing up. They got married in June and I had hoped to have it done for the wedding, but it has taken longer than expected.
Posted By: debbie

Re: Cross stitch - 08/10/04 07:39 PM

Stephanie, I also enjoy some cross stitching and embroidery. I also crochet--actually that is my main hobby when I have the time--which seems to be very little lately.

But sewing on a sewing machine? I HATE it. I had to make my daughters dresses when she was little and I sewed her dress when a flower girl in a wedding but I do not enjoy doing this.

I'd rather cook than anything! I love to bake too. I'm vegan so cooking now is a real challenge, one that I enjoy.

However, my daughter loves to cross stitch!! That is her most favorite hobby. Hope the wedding went okay and that they loved your gift!

Re: Cross stitch - 08/10/04 08:02 PM

Debbie,
Yes, the wedding was great. Unfortunately, I was unable to go. It was on a Sunday and my husband had to work that day. It was about three hours away...one way. If you have any recipes, would ya share them? I will as well.
Posted By: debbie

Re: Cross stitch - 08/11/04 07:01 AM

I'd be delighted to share recipes! I am vegan myself but I have some that are only vegetarian. Which do you prefer! We should start a new thread for recipes to share, don't you think?
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Cross stitch - 08/11/04 05:04 PM

Good idea regarding vegan recipes in the appropriate health forum of MSDAOL. [Wink]
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church