Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site

Posted By: Daryl

Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 08/20/00 03:59 PM

This web site has been recommended by Brother Ed Sutton as an appropriate web site.

http://www.tagnet.org/llt/index.htm

He can comment on it himself in this thread.

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl Fawcett :)

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 08/22/00 02:52 PM

The LLT website is the best website so far that has the most information & loaded catalog with NTSC & PAL video's regarding Sabbath & Papacy & sacred/reformation history & kids videos. I love it.
This is the source of the fantastic video. The Seventh Day - Revelations from the Lost Pages Of History-part one- hosted/narrated by Hal Holbrook.

Ed Sutton

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

Posted By: Zita

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 08/26/00 05:51 AM

It looks an excellent site worth exploring.
What a pity the Waldensian Church on this site are Sunday Keepers. Doesn't go with the origional Waldensians motto ' the light shineth in darkness. Great motto!
Let's keep the light shining.
Zita

Zita please see my post later in this thread. LLT is an SDA run & operated Ministry that brings back history that has been covered up. I hope you will enjoy the site as much as I do. The video's for Kids & Isreal of the Alps are great. I think I like them better than the kids do. Happy Sabbath.

[This message has been edited by Edward F. Sutton (edited August 26, 2000).]

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 08/26/00 07:01 AM

I don't personally support this web site. It has some very questionable material on it.

------------------
"The joy of the Lord will be your strength." (Neh.8:10).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

David had accidently linked to a different site that was objectionable, thinking it was the LLT website. He e-mailed me with his concerns & the mistake was discovered. While he may not prefer the layout of LLT's website, it is not the objectionable material that he refered to. Just an update so that the reputation of a very good website is not mis-represented by mistake.

From Ed Sutton after e-mails back & forth to & from David Battler. P.S. I found the objectionable material he refered to that's in a different site distasteful also.

Ed Sutton

[This message has been edited by Edward F. Sutton (edited August 29, 2000).]

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 08/26/00 11:43 AM

From Great Controvercy 1911-p-65
(probably little if any difference in wording from earlier editions of GC.)

"The Waldenses were among the first of the peoples of Europe to obtain a translation of the Holy Scriptures. (See Appendix.)

Hundreds of years before the Reformation they possessed the Bible in manuscript in their native tongue. They had the truth unadulterated, and this rendered them the special objects of hatred and persecution. They declared the Church of Rome to be the apostate Babylon of the Apocalypse, and at the peril of their lives they stood up to resist her corruptions. While, under the pressure of long-continued persecution, some compromised their faith, little by little yielding its distinctive principles, others held fast the truth. Through ages of darkness and apostasy there were Waldenses who denied the supremacy of Rome, who rejected image worship as idolatry, and who kept the true Sabbath. Under the fiercest tempests of opposition they maintained their faith. Though gashed by the Savoyard spear, and scorched by the Romish fagot, they stood unflinchingly for God's word and His honor. {GC 65.2}

Behind the lofty bulwarks of the mountains--in all ages the refuge of the persecuted and oppressed--the Waldenses
found a hiding place. Here the light of truth was kept burning amid the darkness of the Middle Ages. Here, for a thousand years, witnesses for the truth maintained the ancient faith. {GC 65.3}

end of quote..................

Not all Waldenses were Sabbath keepers nor were Sunday keepers. Those who held on to the Sabbath vs Sunday hallowing & worship suffered a scism. One group moved ideologically closer to Rome & one further away.

I recommend going to the best EGW data base available to you & typing in Walden* . I got 121 quotes with a lot of clarification reguarding the Waldenses & relegious circumstances then.

Also the ministry of LLT is that of a denomination supportive SDA group of people lead by Pat Arribito, Jim Arribito's widow.

Jim was an ardent SDA, with family ties in the Ministry & sucessful SDA evangelistic crusades been done by himself also.

LLT works in harmony with the GC, NAD, local conferences, and in co-operation with Amazing Facts, ASI, and many others to name a few. LLT is a self-supporting SDA Ministry that I have watched the fruits of almost as long as I have been SDA. Should I seem so consistant.

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

[This message has been edited by Edward F. Sutton (edited August 26, 2000).]

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 09/27/00 04:34 PM

I, too, have been there.
Most of what they have is over my head, but, I still manage to get a lot out of it.

------------------
What is popular is not always right.
What is right is not always popular.

Gerry B.

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 09/29/00 09:14 AM

A good teacher always builds the material just far enough away to have to strech for and close enough to reach by extending yourself and working to reach it.

LLT seems to teach well. There is a lot of material worth learning there.

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 09/30/00 04:43 AM

I'm impressed with the wealth of information this site contains.

The pictures of the Vatican are priceless.

I put it on my "favourites" file.

------------------
As the Happy Moments Roll,

Pastor Andrew

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 12/04/00 04:47 AM

Has anyone seen the video, "666 and the mark of the beast"?

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 12/04/00 04:53 AM

I didn't see it, nor heard tell of it.

Daryl

Posted By: Laurie Mosher

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 12/04/00 04:56 AM

Historic Adventist!
I not only have seen it, but it is one of the videos I have in my Video Tape Ministry, along with 'History of the Sabbath For Young Folk', 'Inroads to Spiritualism', 'History of the Jesuits', 'The Legacy of Halloween', and 'Behind the Door'. I also have the video 'The True Israel of the Alps.'
If interested in any of the above or the "other 600+" I have email me or see my website.

------------------
Keep "THE" faith, But TELL Others ,TOO!
Bro.Laurie

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 12/04/00 05:02 AM

I didn't know you had that video, Laurie!

Is it good????

Daryl

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 12/04/00 05:08 AM

Every Video I have in my tape library is pertinent...depending on who thinks what is good, I suppose...If YOU want FACTS, I have them...mind you, sometime the truth hurts, or rather should wake us up. Some may object to the content, but believe those who are preparing for the time of trouble, would like it very much!

------------------
Bro.Laurie

Posted By: Edward F Sutton

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 12/04/00 04:22 PM

Hi Historic Adventist,

Yes I ve seen 666& Mark of Beast video (twice). It starts off slow, and lasts about two hours but if you like details you will love this video. It uses archeological evidence from around the world to prove it's point. You can guess what it's point is I hope? We wouldn't want to get you railed @ in the newspapers so we'll leave it @ that.

Do you know Howard Anderson, Ralph Henderson, etc, ? If you don't know them, my question won't make any contextual sense. It would not be important. Just curious.

PS
Daryl the video is not just good, it"s great. But if Jim Arribito refers to the "daily", he held the new or Uriah Smith view which was incorrect(paganism), Elder C.C. Cristler published the older (correct)view(daily mediation of Jesus) in the "Day Star" if I remember correctly.{Couldn't resist inserting a tidbit or two.}

So don't judge Jim by that one flaw, the rest of the details have a great bibliography. "Israel of the Alps" parts 1-3 is great & goes right along with it too. I've seen just about all of em at one time or another.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

[This message has been edited by Edward F Sutton (edited December 04, 2000).]

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 12/05/00 04:30 AM

Just ME again!
In referral to "666 and The Mark", I was in a SDA chat room last evening, and one of the non-members was asking about "Why the zodiac was in the Vatican", and if anyone had any data on it." I replied that I had the video(666) if anyone was interested. There are MANY symbols in that video, from "Scallop Shells" and all some others that are so obvious that they are oblivious!!
I,remember Howard Anderson, Ralph Henderson, Mabel ? (always said AMEN!), Russell Hubley, and some others TOO!

------------------
Bro.Laurie

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 12/05/00 04:51 AM

Hi Laurie,

Was this ever shown on 3ABN?

Daryl

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 12/05/00 05:01 AM

I too have seen "666 and the mark of the beast" I was just wondering how many other's had seen it.

Yes, I remember Howard, Ralph etc. My brother's mother-in-law worked for Prophecy Countdown for a number of years. So we always got good inside information. And for those who don't know. Mabel the "Amen" lady passed away a while back. We sure do miss her. But fortunately we have plenty of video tapes with her on it.

I have used the "666" tape as an evangelistic tool. And have found it to be most effective. One day I was over to someones house and we started watching that video. It wasn't long and the devil started a disruption with the children. So we turned it off and went outside. 20 minutes later I looked around and could not find the my friends wife. We found her glued in front of the TV watching that video. She was a Jehovah's Witness, amazing huh!

Maybe I should become a member of this forum.

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 12/06/00 06:15 PM

Hi Historic Adventist,

Love to have ya, come on in the water's fine.
Sorry to hear about Mable. How is Howard doing? I sure would love to hear Ralph sing "Refiner's Fire & Touch your people once again" with his twelve string Martin gituar.

I've never since felt such comradery. I miss it. In a general way NAD style Adventism feels cold & makes me feel tired and ineffective & old. MSDAOL is a help.

At least on MSDAOL SOP & KJV and the right to speak {even if the STRANGE LONER or the LONE STRANGER} is given more respect and discussion. It is a haven for now. I've been in the thick of things here for a while(good & bad) and I can recommend it to you.

MSDAOL is not perfect & not many ever got a good dose of such intense comradery as I did @ PC, but step by step it is being rebuilt here on a better platform.

PS If you are down around that area, when will the "blood oranges" & "honeybells" come in. I especially like them, especially the "bloods". Just edited & thought I would add that. Oh do Jack & Millie Dickson still "snowbird" around there. He took on his "jelly run" once. We went by Orange city & I had never saw a naval orange that big before. I couldn't begin to put two hands around it. Over an inch between fingers on top & bottom.

Jan Marcussen rebaptized me in the lake behind the Motel down the road from PC going south towards Zellwood, a lot were baptized then.

Bye for now.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

[This message has been edited by Edward F Sutton (edited December 06, 2000).]

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 12/09/00 02:06 AM

Historic Adventist,
As Brother Ed said, "Do join us". I'm a down Eastener (Blue Noser from Nova Scotia).
I remember Hector Perez (there may have been 2 of them- 2 Hector's, I mean)....Man what a Sermon- About "50 Christian soldiers for Christ!"

Had it not been for John Osborne, and PC, I doubt very much that I would have stayed a SDA today. I learned a lot about "Celebration churches", and since the warning 8+ years ago, have seen more and more of them appearing.

Some of the more conservative SDA (then) have become very liberal and don't even recognize the difference. Hard to believe!!
NLP certainly took it's toll!

Hope to hear from you again SOON!

------------------
Bro.Laurie

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 12/09/00 10:35 AM

Has anyone heard any updates on LLT's The Sabbath Project - The Seventh Day Revelations from the Lost Pages of History ?

Part one was great.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Posted By: adventbeliever

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 02/16/01 02:20 AM

Historic_adventist! Hi! Its been a while! Would certainly be nice if you joined in!

Tanx Daryl, I added the LLT to my favorites!

[This message has been edited by adventbeliever (edited February 15, 2001).]

Posted By: zyph

Re: Lux Lucet in Tenebris Web Site - 03/04/01 04:27 AM

I've had a look at this site - very impressive.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church