perfection

Posted By: Dan Wilson

perfection - 04/06/02 04:24 AM

Pastor Mike, I believe the second last quote in your last post illustrates the problem. Look at the phrases you chose to highlight. Instead of emphasizing faith in Christ, you highlighted the products of that faith. Our tendency is to focus on what we have to accomplish, rather than focusing on our relationship, which is what produces the behaviour we struggle so hard to achieve on our own. Greg Goodchild has it right in this discussion. This topic is far simpler than we make it out to be.

By His grace and through faith in Him the rest comes.
IF YOU LOVE ME you will keep my commandments.

Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: perfection - 04/06/02 05:42 PM

Dan, thank you for pointing out the imbalance and misplaced emphasis in my last post. Have you had a chance to read all the threads where this topic is being discussed? If not, I would appreciate your overall response. The main problem as I see it is the timing of conversion. Not everybody agrees, or should I say everybody disagrees with my conclusions. I have provided many quotes and references from the Bible and the SOP, which I believe support these conclusions, but admittedly nobody esle sees it the same way.

What do you think?

Posted By: Daryl

Re: perfection - 04/07/02 04:53 AM

I could be wrong, however, I think Pastor Dan Wilson intended to reply to a topic instead of beginning a new topic, but clicked on the new topic icon by mistake.

Am I correct?

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church