The National Sunday law is near!

Posted By: JCS

The National Sunday law is near! - 01/23/10 09:29 AM

Over ten years ago I found a single website refering to the World Sabbath of Religious Reconciliation. There are now over 500. If you check this site you'll discover a growing trend toward global religious pluralism. (Ellen White predicts this to happen prior to the Sunday law.) A new development has started that demonizes Seventh day observance as the mark of the Beast symbolized by the Jewish six point star!

http://watch.pair.com/sabbath.html
http://watch.pair.com/mark.html

Satan has crafted a deadly deception that will fool the world into believing that we are the few who bare the mark. The initiative of the WSRR is fully supported by the UN, presedent Obama, and is already united with nearly all of the world's major religions. Even our own church is openly engaging in WSRR pluralistic endeavors. The world is on the brink. I have a self imagined prediction that may well effect even the most devote adventists. Apostate christians believe that an antichrist will come but so do we. In order to fool nearly everyone there must be an obvious false Christ and a later counterfeit that is Satan himself who will use every trick possible to trap us. I suspect the first will attempt to force the world to observe the Jewish Sabbath and be quickly overthrown. Such an act would easily galvanize the entire world in opposition to the truth. I'm going to try to set up meetings with others in my own church on this subject. We need to start thinking about how to share the gospel right now, as if tomorrow will be too late because it might already be too late.
Posted By: Azenilto

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 01/24/10 06:40 AM

A significant article in British newspaper The Guardian stresses the idea of halting activities on Sunday to undo the global warming effect. The article has as title “Slow Sunday: The simple solution to global warming”. It refers to a certain movement supported by The Guardian, that proposes “a wonderful way to empower ordinary people to participate in the great movement of mitigating global warming.”

The article goes on: “We cannot wait until governments are enlightened enough to legislate and cap the carbon emissions. Matters are urgent. We have to act now, without any delay. The power of public opinion and citizen action will have a strong impact on the climate conference taking place in Copenhagen.

“One thing we can easily do to achieve this goal: we can declare Sunday to be a fossil fuel-free day or a low-carbon day or at least an energy-saving day. We can start this week, this month or in 2010. We can start individually and collectively. The long journey to cut carbon dioxide emissions can start in the here and now.

“Not long ago Sunday used to be a day of rest, a day of spiritual renewal, a day for families to come together, but we have changed Sunday from a day of rest to a day of shopping, flying and driving. However, in the context of excessive carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere, which are bringing catastrophic upheavals, we can and should restore Sunday to a day for Gaia, a day for the Earth.

“There will be no great hardship in cutting down all non-essential and non-urgent use of fossil fuels for one day a week. We can easily close supermarkets, department stores and petrol stations. . . . At a stroke, we can reduce 10% of our carbon emissions into the atmosphere by making Sunday a low-carbon day and at the same time make ourselves healthier and happier. So, let us make Sunday a day of rest and renewal rather than a day of travel and toil.

“Global warming or climate change is only a symptom of our deep-seated desire to consume, consume and consume. The external problem of carbon emissions is connected with the internal problem of desire. If we stay in the rat-race 24 hours, seven days a week, we are bound to pollute our inner space as well as the outer space. Speed is the curse of modern civilisation. The solution to global warming is simple: slow down. Slow is beautiful. Even if we cannot slow down every day, at least slow down on Sunday.” -- The Guardian, 17-09-09. [see original text in:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/cif-green/2009/sep/17/low-carbon-sunday ]

That is ECOmenism in action. Under the pretext of conserving natural resources Sunday would, undoubtedly, be the day chosen for a general halt in human activities, as was the case in the mid-70's when in many parts of the world the gas stations were closed by force of law.

In a global campaign to “save the planet” that would again be amply justified, and if emergency situations arise—since nobody has any idea of how all this immense quantity of pollutants thrown into the air all over the world would effect nature—how much obligatory this measure couldn’t come to be?

If in a boat there are five passengers, each belonging to a different religious or philosophical orientation, all debating enthusiastically their ideas, individually defending their views, and one of them spots a hole in the bottom of the boat, which begins to fill with water, won’t they all forget their differences and see a way to fix the common and threatening problem? In the face of emergencies, the tendency is everybody to unite to look for immediate measures that help achieve a common route of escape.

Posted By: dedication

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 01/24/10 06:42 AM

Very interesting.

It kind of reminded me of the "lunar Sabbath" website as well, where Saturday was especially attacked as being Saturn or "satan's" day.

Very crafty -- indeed.

Seems satan doesn't really care what day people keep as long as it's not the 7th day of the week that God blessed and hallowed at Creation.
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 01/24/10 08:24 PM

Is the Remnant Church of Prophecy (SDAs) ready for the time of trouble? If not, will God permit things to play out according to prophecy? Or, will the angels continue to hold things in check until they're ready?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 01/25/10 03:42 AM

Probation will end when Christ's work in the sanctuary is complete, independant of whether the remnant church is generaly prepared or not. In fact, Christ's parable of the virgins reveals that everyone is caught off guard in the midst of slumber and only half of them were prepared for a delay. The only reason the winds of stife will be held back is for the benefit of those souls who have not yet spiritualy grown enough to be sifted out as wheat or tares.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 01/25/10 08:02 PM

Do you think "the shaking" will play a part in getting the Remnant Church ready to receive the LR so they can proclaim the 3AMs with a LC (loud cry)? If so, will it happen before or after the SL (Sunday law) is legislated and enforced in the USA? And, do you think President Obama is gearing up to pass the Sunday law?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 01/26/10 02:09 AM

Good questions. I don't know. I think you're absolutely right about the shaking though.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 01/26/10 04:45 AM

Do you think the SL will be legislated and enforced in the USA during the current administration? If so, why? If not, why not?
Posted By: crater

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 01/26/10 10:07 PM

Some things unite people!
os Channels Shows
Watch this video in...limate Change
Pat Robertson and Al Sharpton Commercial on Climate Change

"A Call to the Common Good"
ONE Sabbath Intro
Members of many faith communities - including Buddhist, Christian, Jewish, Muslim and others - share their thoughts on the fight against global poverty and treatable disease and why people of faith should get involved with ONE Sabbath.

Where will it lead?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 01/27/10 01:35 AM

With Executive Order 13528 now in effect it would seem to be a very simple matter for the President to enact a nation wide anti constitutional law in reaction to anything deemed to be a "national emergency." In my mind this issue of establishing a coucil of governors who would weld total control of all state side authorities in the event of an emergency is reminicent of Germany's SS. I think there is a few major events that must occur first before the NSL happens, but after that it could be brought into effect and become fully enforced in less than 72 hours nation wide.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 01/27/10 05:08 AM

I couldn't figure out what "One Sabbath" is other than people helping the poor of Africa. Is it more than that? If so, please provide the documentation. This is interesting.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 01/27/10 05:54 PM

From what I could see, all churches, synogogues, etc. are being invited to set apart one "sabbath" to do a program promoting awareness of the needs in other countries.

To hold a service where congregations incorporate the issues of extreme poverty in their prayer, scripture readings, songs and sermons and brainstorm ways congregations can help.

The main concern is the mileage the ecumenical movement makes on this.
If all religions unite, the world can be changed for the better.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 01/27/10 07:04 PM

That certainly goes along with the following prophecy:

"The line of distinction between professed Christians and the ungodly is now hardly distinguishable. Church members love what the world loves and are ready to join with them, and Satan determines to unite them in one body and thus strengthen his cause by sweeping all into the ranks of spiritualism. Papists, who boast of miracles as a certain sign of the true church, will be readily deceived by this wonder-working power; and Protestants, having cast away the shield of truth, will also be deluded. Papists, Protestants, and worldlings will alike accept the form of godliness without the power, and they will see in this union a grand movement for the conversion of the world and the ushering in of the long-expected millennium. {GC 588.3}

"Through spiritualism, Satan appears as a benefactor of the race, healing the diseases of the people, and professing to present a new and more exalted system of religious faith; but at the same time he works as a destroyer. His temptations are leading multitudes to ruin. Intemperance dethrones reason; sensual indulgence, strife, and bloodshed follow. Satan delights in war, for it excites the worst passions of the soul and then sweeps into eternity its victims steeped in vice and blood. It is his object to incite the nations to war against one another, for he can thus divert the minds of the people from the work of preparation to stand in the day of God. {GC 589.1}

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 01/28/10 10:47 AM

"People uniting", Common Good, "Common Ground", "Environmentally Friendly", "Green", "Politically Correct", "Solidarity", "Boycott", . .. .?

Where is it all leading?

Some people are looking in the direction of Sunday to ease the stress on the environment!

A step to saving our environment and our futures - Sunday + rest day! A face book group, only has 49 members since inception April 2008! Brian Mackay a High School Senior in 2008!

ADOR" Our goal is to get 1 million vehicles off the road on October 2, 2010 and prevent potentially 10000 tons of carbon dioxide emission in just one day ! ..."

Quote:
Animals and Politics A Day of Rest—for People and Animals

Much has changed in some Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic states since Colonial times, but one thing has remained the same for centuries: It has been unlawful to hunt animals on Sundays.

Even in down economy, some businesses take day of rest

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 01/28/10 09:22 PM

Reading through the Great Controversy I get the distinct impression the NSL will come about as a result of natural disasters and spiritualism. She writes:

Satan puts his interpretation upon events, and they think, as he would have them, that the calamities which fill the land are a result of Sundaybreaking. Thinking to appease the wrath of God these influential men make laws enforcing Sunday observance.--10MR 239 (1899). {LDE 129.4}

This very class put forth the claim that the fast-spreading corruption is largely attributable to the desecration of the so-called "Christian sabbath" and that the enforcement of Sunday observance would greatly improve the morals of society. This claim is especially urged in America, where the doctrine of the true Sabbath has been most widely preached.--GC 587 (1911). {LDE 129.5}

Ellen White also wrote:

"We have been looking many years for a Sunday law to be enacted in our land, and now that the movement is right upon us, we ask, What are our people going to do in the matter? . . . We should especially seek God for grace and power to be given His people now. God lives, and we do not believe that the time has fully come when He would have our liberties restricted. {LDE 125.1}

Question: Do we now believe the time has fully come for God to have our liberties restricted?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/02/10 11:03 AM

Ed Reid gave an interesting sermon which goes along with this topic --
Called Unmistakable signs of Christ's Soon Coming
You might enjoy listening to it.

http://mcdonaldroad.org/video/10/mrsv100130S.html

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/02/10 08:13 PM

My uncle Ed has been saying Jesus' return is "near" for many years now, well before he wrote, "Sunday is Coming" back in 1999. He spends a lot of time gathering data to prove it. And he discovers very interesting stuff. I'm not poo-hooing the evidence, I'm simply not as convinced as he is that it means Jesus' return is "near".

Just before Jesus returns, people will be saying, "Peace and safety". Evil angels will be personating loved ones, famous people, and holy angels confirming the idea that Jesus changed the Sabbath to Sunday. Members within the Remnant Church (SDA) will be involved in a terrible shaking over the truth about righteousness by faith and what to do in response to the Sunday laws. None of these things are happening yet.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/03/10 02:01 AM

My wife and mother-in-law have both witnessed the appearance of dead loved ones professing spiritual knowledge contrary to scripture. These events have occured at the expense of my marriage. The supporters for World Sabbath of Religious Reconciliation claims its efforts will create peace throughout the world via religious pluralism. Satan obviously has greater deceptions yet in store for the world. As members of the remnant, isn't it our responsibility to do God's work while there are still people still responsive to it?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/03/10 09:42 PM

JCS, I'm sorry your wife and mother-in-law had those experiences and that it has impacted your marriage. The same thing happened to my wife and her mother, and my marriage ended in divorce. You have my deepest and sincerest sympathies (I know you weren't looking for it). Yes, we need to be busy, very busy, about our Father's business. We need to be actively involved using our time, talent, and treasure to win souls for the kingdom of God. Time is running out.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/05/10 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: crater
"People uniting", Common Good, "Common Ground", "Environmentally Friendly", "Green", "Politically Correct", "Solidarity", "Boycott", . .. .?

Where is it all leading?

Some people are looking in the direction of Sunday to ease the stress on the environment!

A step to saving our environment and our futures - Sunday + rest day! A face book group, only has 49 members since inception April 2008! Brian Mackay a High School Senior in 2008!

ADOR" Our goal is to get 1 million vehicles off the road on October 2, 2010 and prevent potentially 10000 tons of carbon dioxide emission in just one day ! ..."

Quote:
Animals and Politics A Day of Rest—for People and Animals

Much has changed in some Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic states since Colonial times, but one thing has remained the same for centuries: It has been unlawful to hunt animals on Sundays.

Even in down economy, some businesses take day of rest

I saw where someone referred to this as an "Image of Godliness"! grin

I have personally found much of the "environmental movement", even from it's incept to be steeped in " Spiritualism , Neopaganism / Earth religions / Mysticism,

Some have called Environmentalism a religion!

Michael Crichton on Environmentalism as a Religion, Environmentalism Is the New Religion - Ian Plimer

Some in this movement express some strong thoughts!
Quote:
We have wished, we ecofreaks, for a disaster or for a social change to come and bomb us into Stone Age, where we might live like Indians in our valley, with our localism, our appropriate technology, our gardens, our homemade religion—guilt-free at last!

—Stewart Brand (writing in the Whole Earth Catalogue)
Quote:
What we’ve got to do in energy conservation is try to ride the global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, to have approached global warming as if it is real means energy conservation, so we will be doing the right thing anyway in terms of economic policy and environmental policy.

—Timothy Wirth, former U.S. Senator (D-Colorado

Quote:
We must make this an insecure and inhospitable place for capitalists and their projects…. We must reclaim the roads and plowed land, halt dam construction, tear down existing dams, free shackled rivers and return to wilderness millions of tens of millions of acres of presently settled land.

—David Foreman, Earth First

We advocate biodiversity for biodiversity’s sake. It may take our extinction to set things straight.

—David Foreman, Earth First!

Phasing out the human race will solve every problem on earth, social and environmental.

—Dave Forman, Founder of Earth First!
Quote:
Poverty For “Those People”

We, in the green movement, aspire to a cultural model in which killing a forest will be considered more contemptible and more criminal than the sale of 6-year-old children to Asian brothels.

—Carl Amery

Every time you turn on an electric light, you are making another brainless baby.

—Helen Caldicott, Union of Concerned Scientists

To feed a starving child is to exacerbate the world population problem.

—Lamont Cole

If I were reincarnated, I would wish to be returned to Earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.

—Prince Phillip, World Wildlife Fund

I just thought this an interesting title!
Quote:
Society of Iranian Professionals is proud to present Dr. Arash Naraghi In the subject of Mysticism and Environmental Ethics , Sunnyvale, CA, July 11, 2008

From the World Council of Churches
Quote:
Theology and the ‘green apocalypse’ By Juan Michel 23 Dec 2009, an excerpt from article:

The ecumenical dimension of climate change

"In a very threatening and very disturbing way, the climate crisis brings us together as one humanity, as one fellowship of believers, as one church", said Olav Fykse Tveit, the General Secretary-elect of the World Council of Churches (WCC).

"We are called to show a sign of what it means to be one humanity, of what it means that God loves the whole world", Tveit said. As churches come together to offer this sign, addressing climate change "is uniting us in a very special way: as churches, as believers".

The message that God loves the world and every creature on earth "has been the heart-beat of the ecumenical movement facing climate change", said Tveit, recalling the long history of WCC concern with ecological matters.

In an ecumenical perspective, the concern for creation has always been linked to the concern for justice and peace. "It is not a matter of saying this is a planet for some of us", said Tveit, "this is a planet for all of us".

Well, this isn't "the Sign" that God asks for is it! What will one have to do to show this sign that Juan Michel is speaking of?

I am seeing that environmental issues are a common ground, a politically correct issue and having a day of "rest" to help "save the earth" would be seen as a good thing by todays mindset! There is lots of pressure to be politically correct, especially when it comes to environmental issues!

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/05/10 08:11 PM

Crater, do think things will switch to biblical reasons for wanting to legislate and enforce Sunday Laws, that is, do you think things will evolve until they begin to fulfill the prophecies that describe the legislation and enforcement of Sunday Laws?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/07/10 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Crater, do think things will switch to biblical reasons for wanting to legislate and enforce Sunday Laws, that is, do you think things will evolve until they begin to fulfill the prophecies that describe the legislation and enforcement of Sunday Laws?

Quote:
I am seeing that environmental issues are a common ground, a politically correct issue and having a day of "rest" to help "save the earth" would be seen as a good thing by todays mindset! There is lots of pressure to be politically correct, especially when it comes to environmental issues!

I see a mindset developing! Even the agnostic / atheist would accept a day of rest enforcement, for "saving the earth"!

"Our people have been regarded as too insignificant to be worthy of notice; but a change will come. The Christian world is now making movements which will necessarily bring commandment-keeping people into prominence. There is a constant supplanting of God's truth by the theories and false doctrines of human origin. Movements are being set on foot to enslave the consciences of those who would be loyal to God. The law-making powers will be against God's people. Every soul will be tested.--Testimonies, vol. 5, p. 546.

"The time is not far distant when the test will come to every soul. The observance of the false sabbath will be urged upon us. The contest will be between the commandments of God and the commandments of men. Those who have yielded step by step to worldly demands, and conformed to worldly customs, will then yield to the powers that be, rather than subject themselves to derision, insult, threatened imprisonment, and death. At that time the gold will be separated from the dross. . . . Many a star that we have admired for its brilliance will then go out in darkness. Those who have assumed the ornaments of the sanctuary, but are not clothed with Christ's righteousness, will then appear in the shame of their own nakedness."--Prophets and Kings, p. 188

"Through the two great errors, the immortality of the soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan will bring the people under his deceptions. While the former lays the foundation of Spiritualism, the latter creates a bond of sympathy with Rome. The Protestants of the United States will be foremost in stretching their hands across the gulf to grasp the hand of Spiritualism; they will reach over the abyss to clasp hands with the Roman power; and under the influence of this threefold union, this country will follow in the steps of Rome in trampling on the rights of conscience."--The Great Controversy, p. 588

"When our nation shall so abjure the principles of its government as to enact a Sunday law, Protestantism will in this act join hands with popery; it will be nothing else than giving life to the tyranny which has long been eagerly watching its opportunity to spring again into active despotism." --Testimonies, vol. 5, p. 712

" There is a prospect before us of a continued struggle, at the risk of imprisonment, loss of property, and even of life itself, to defend the law of God, which is made void by the laws of men. In this situation worldly policy will urge an outward compliance with the laws of the land, for the sake of peace and harmony. And there are some who will even urge such a course from the Scripture: "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. . . . The powers that be are ordained of God." {5T 712.3}

I do suspect that the mindset is being prepared for our nation to abjure (to renounce upon oath/ to reject solemnly) the principles of its government as to enact a Sunday law. This law could be instigated / pushed in for the benefit of the environmental cause! Protestantism would go for it and back it, their cause would be served as well! The agnostic / atheist, pagan . . . could accept a day of rest enforcement, for "saving the earth"!

I don't know what you mean by "switch to biblical reasons"? "Prophecies that describe the legislation and enforcement of Sunday Laws"? Which scriptures / prophecies are you referring to?
Posted By: RLH

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/07/10 11:24 PM

I see a mindset developing! Even the agnostic / atheist would accept a day of rest enforcement, for "saving the earth"!

I think you're right about that. I see it too. That's where all this climate change nonsense is leading.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/14/10 12:22 AM

So where is this all going to happen first, in the USA in North America, or in Europe in the form of the European Union?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/14/10 08:27 PM

Ellen seems to make it clear that the US will lead the world in this endeavor.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/18/10 10:41 PM

Quote:

"Our people have been regarded as too insignificant to be worthy of notice; but a change will come. The Christian world is now making movements which will necessarily bring commandment-keeping people into prominence. There is a constant supplanting of God's truth by the theories and false doctrines of human origin. Movements are being set on foot to enslave the consciences of those who would be loyal to God. The law-making powers will be against God's people. Every soul will be tested.--Testimonies, vol. 5, p. 546.

"The time is not far distant when the test will come to every soul. The observance of the false sabbath will be urged upon us. The contest will be between the commandments of God and the commandments of men. Those who have yielded step by step to worldly demands, and conformed to worldly customs, will then yield to the powers that be, rather than subject themselves to derision, insult, threatened imprisonment, and death. At that time the gold will be separated from the dross. . . . Many a star that we have admired for its brilliance will then go out in darkness. Those who have assumed the ornaments of the sanctuary, but are not clothed with Christ's righteousness, will then appear in the shame of their own nakedness."--Prophets and Kings, p. 188

"Through the two great errors, the immortality of the soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan will bring the people under his deceptions. While the former lays the foundation of Spiritualism, the latter creates a bond of sympathy with Rome. The Protestants of the United States will be foremost in stretching their hands across the gulf to grasp the hand of Spiritualism; they will reach over the abyss to clasp hands with the Roman power; and under the influence of this threefold union, this country will follow in the steps of Rome in trampling on the rights of conscience."--The Great Controversy, p. 588

"When our nation shall so abjure the principles of its government as to enact a Sunday law, Protestantism will in this act join hands with popery; it will be nothing else than giving life to the tyranny which has long been eagerly watching its opportunity to spring again into active despotism." --Testimonies, vol. 5, p. 712

" There is a prospect before us of a continued struggle, at the risk of imprisonment, loss of property, and even of life itself, to defend the law of God, which is made void by the laws of men. In this situation worldly policy will urge an outward compliance with the laws of the land, for the sake of peace and harmony. And there are some who will even urge such a course from the Scripture: "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. . . . The powers that be are ordained of God." {5T 712.3}

I do suspect that the mindset is being prepared for our nation to abjure (to renounce upon oath/ to reject solemnly) the principles of its government as to enact a Sunday law. This law could be instigated / pushed in for the benefit of the environmental cause! Protestantism would go for it and back it, their cause would be served as well! The agnostic / atheist, pagan . . . could accept a day of rest enforcement, for "saving the earth"!

I don't know what you mean by "switch to biblical reasons"? "Prophecies that describe the legislation and enforcement of Sunday Laws"? Which scriptures / prophecies are you referring to?

Satan will attempt to deceive the world into believing God changed the Sabbath from the seventh-day to the first-day of the week. Do you think things will eventually evolve to include this reason for keeping the first-day holy?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/19/10 01:39 AM

Quote:

Satan will attempt to deceive the world into believing God changed the Sabbath from the seventh-day to the first-day of the week. Do you think things will eventually evolve to include this reason for keeping the first-day holy?
Which scriptures / prophecies are you referring to?
Quote:
Two Distinct Calls to the Churches.--When
Jesus began His public ministry, He cleansed the temple from its sacrilegious profanation. Almost the last act of His ministry was to cleanse the Temple again. So in the last work for the warning of the world, two distinct calls are made to the churches; the second angel's message, and the voice heard in heaven, "Come out of her, my people. . . . For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities" (Rev. 18:4, 5). {3SM 405.4}

As God called the children of Israel out of Egypt, that they might keep His Sabbath, so He calls His people out of Babylon that they may not worship the beast nor his image. The man of sin, who thought to change times and laws, has exalted himself above God by presenting this spurious sabbath to the world; the Christian world has accepted this child of the Papacy, and cradled and nourished it, thus defying God by removing His memorial and setting up a rival sabbath. {3SM 406.1}

A More Decided Effort to Exalt Sunday.--After the truth has been proclaimed as a witness to all nations, at a time when every conceivable power of evil is set in operation, when minds are confused by the many voices crying, "Lo, here is Christ," "Lo, He is there," "This is truth," "I have a message from God," "He has sent me with great light," and there is a removing of the landmarks, and an attempt to tear down the pillars of our faith--then a more decided effort is made to exalt the false sabbath, and to cast contempt upon God Himself by supplanting the day He has blessed and sanctified. {3SM 406.2}

While Satan Works the Angel of Revelation 18 Proclaims His Message.--This false sabbath is to be enforced by an oppressive law. Satan and his angels are wide awake and intensely active, working with energy and perseverance through human instrumentalities to bring about his purpose of obliterating the knowledge of God. While Satan is working with his lying wonders, the time has come [that was] foretold in the Revelation, when the mighty angel that shall lighten the earth with his glory will proclaim the fall of Babylon and call upon
God's people to forsake her. . . . {3SM 406.3} Repairers of the Breach.--As the end approaches, the testimonies of God's servants will become more decided and more powerful, flashing the light of truth upon the systems of error and oppression that have so long held the supremacy. The Lord has sent us messages for this time to establish Christianity upon an eternal basis, and all who believe present truth must stand, not in their own wisdom, but in God; and raise up the foundation of many generations. These will be registered in the books of heaven as repairers of the breach, the restorers of paths to dwell in. We are to maintain the truth because it is truth, in the face of the bitterest opposition. . . . {3SM 407.1}

Temptations will come upon us. Iniquity abounds where you least expect it. Dark chapters will open that are most terrible, to weigh down the soul; but we need not fail nor be discouraged while we know that the bow of promise is above the throne of God. {3SM 407.2}

We shall be subject to heavy trials, opposition, bereavement, affliction; but we know that Jesus passed through all these. These experiences are valuable to us. The advantages are not by any means confined to this short life. They reach into eternal ages. . . . {3SM 407.3}

As we near the close of this earth's history, we advance more and more rapidly in Christian growth, or we retrograde just as decidedly.--Letter 1f, 1890. {3SM 407.4}

Backsliding SDA's Unite with Unbelievers

Satan is Christ's personal enemy. . . . Long has he deceived mankind, and great is his power over the human family; and his rage against the people of God increases as he finds that the knowledge of God's requirements is extending to all parts of the world, and that the light of present truth is shining to those who have long sat in darkness. . . . {3SM 407.5}

The Word of God . . . is to be our defense when Satan works with such lying wonders that, if it were possible, he would deceive the very elect. It is then that
those who have not stood firmly for the truth will unite with the unbelieving, who love and make a lie. When these wonders are performed, when the sick are healed and other marvels are wrought, they will be deceived. Are we prepared for the perilous times that are right upon us? Or are we standing where we will fall an easy prey to the wiles of the devil?--Manuscript 81, 1908. {3SM 407.6}

A Science of the Devil

What is soon coming upon us? Seducing spirits are coming in. If God has ever spoken by me, you will before long hear of a wonderful science--a science of the devil. Its aim will be to make of no account God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent. Some will exalt this false science, and through them Satan will seek to make void the law of God. Great miracles will be performed in the sight of men in behalf of this wonderful science.-- Letter 48, 1907. {3SM 408.1}
I wonder what this science is? Any thoughts?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/19/10 07:56 PM

I'm referring to the prophecy in the GC where Ellen White writes about evil angels using spiritualism to tell people the Sabbath has been changed to Sunday. For example:

Quote:
In gentle, compassionate tones he presents some of the same gracious, heavenly truths which the Saviour uttered; he heals the diseases of the people, and then, in his assumed character of Christ, he claims to have changed the Sabbath to Sunday, and commands all to hallow the day which he has blessed. He declares that those who persist in keeping holy the seventh day are blaspheming his name by refusing to listen to his angels sent to them with light and truth. {GC 624.2}

A false, miraculous, wonderful science of Satan. Don't know. Good question. Here's more:

Quote:
In the future, truth will be counterfeited by the precepts of men. Deceptive theories will be presented as safe doctrines. False science is one of the agencies that Satan used in the heavenly courts, and it is used by him today. {Ev 600.4}

False science is one of the agencies that Satan used in the heavenly courts, and it is used by him today. The false assertions that he made to the angels, his subtle scientific theories, seduced many of them from their loyalty. {8T 290.1}

Our Counselor impressed deeply on our minds that God's commandment-keeping people must be sanctified through the truth and that truth must ever be given the foremost place. We must not forget that Satan still lives to exercise his deceptive power through false science. {9T 69.1}

The glad tidings of salvation are to be taken to those who have not yet heard them. Satan is determined to place God's people in a false light before the world. He is pleased when their lives reveal defects, when they cherish objectionable traits of character. These traits of character he uses in his service. He tries to keep God's people in a continual state of uncertainty by bringing in false theories and false science. He seeks to deceive them as he deceived Adam and Eve. He would lead them to depart from God, their true Counselor, and accept his spiritualistic sophistries. With these sophistries clothed in the garments of light, he seeks to deceive if possible the very elect. {TDG 325.1}

I have been told that many who give heed to the false science of the enemy would denounce my work as that of a false prophet, and would place upon the testimony such interpretations as tend to change the truth of God into a lie. Satan is on the alert; and some who in the past have been used by the Lord in doing His work, but who have permitted themselves to be deceived, will be stirred up to make an improper use of the messages given. Because they do not wish to listen to the words of reproof, because they will not hear counsel, and improve their course of action, and do their appointed work, they will misconstrue the messages to the church, and confuse many minds. {1SM 52.4}

In the face of the most positive commands of God, men and women will follow their own inclinations and then dare to pray over the matter, to prevail upon God to consent to allow them to go contrary to His expressed will. The Lord is not pleased with such prayers. Satan comes to the side of such persons, as he did to Eve in Eden, and impresses them, and they have an exercise of mind, and this they relate as a most wonderful experience which the Lord has given them. A true experience will be in perfect harmony with natural and divine law. False experience will array itself against science and the principles of Jehovah. The religious world is covered with a pall of moral darkness. Superstition and bigotry control the minds of men and women, and blind their judgment so that they do not discern their duty to their fellow men and their duty to yield unquestioned obedience to the will of God. {3T 72.2}

The word of God will judge every one of us at the last great day. Young men talk about science and are wise above that which is written; they seek to explain the ways and work of God to meet their finite comprehension; but it is all a miserable failure. True science and Inspiration are in perfect harmony. False science is a something independent of God. It is pretentious ignorance. This deceptive power has captivated and enslaved the minds of many, and they have chosen darkness rather than light. They have taken their position on the side of unbelief, as though it were a virtue and the sign of a great mind to doubt, when it is the sign of a mind too weak and narrow to perceive God in His created works. They could not fathom the mystery of His providence should they study with all their power for a lifetime. And because the works of God cannot be explained by finite minds, Satan brings his sophistry to bear upon them and entangles them in the meshes of unbelief. If these doubting ones will come into close connection with God, He will make His purposes clear to their understanding. {4T 584.2}

It looks as though the "false science" Satan employs to lead people astray has to do with what we think and believe about the truth as it is in Jesus.
Posted By: kland

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/19/10 10:03 PM

Quote:
you will before long hear of a wonderful science--a science of the devil. Its aim will be to make of no account God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent. Some will exalt this false science, and through them Satan will seek to make void the law of God.
Could it be evolution?
Or do you think it's something new of now rather than new of then?
Evolution does fit, and is used by those who can't bring themselves to believe in a killing God, nor want to do his commandments.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/20/10 06:24 PM

She wrote about Satan's wonderful science in 1907 around the time Kellogg wrote Living Temple. She may have had it in mind. She wrote:

The time has come when our people should understand that it is not profitable for them to spend their time and talents in selling the medical work into which the author is weaving dangerous spiritual sophistries. [A BOOK BY JOHN HARVEY KELLOGG, M.D., TITLED THE LIVING TEMPLE, IN WHICH THE TEACHINGS OF PANTHEISM APPEARED.]--Lt 66. 1907. {PM 314.2}

What is soon coming upon us? Seducing spirits are coming in. If God has ever spoken by me, you will before long hear of a wonderful science--a science of the devil. Its aim will be to make of no account God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent. Some will exalt this false science, and through them Satan will seek to make void the law of God. Great miracles will be performed in the sight of men in behalf of this wonderful sciences.--Letter 48, 1907. {3SM 408.1}
Posted By: gordonb1

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/20/10 10:59 PM

Crater, Mike, Kland,

The Science of the Devil must be linked with the Omega - it could be Spiritualism, as repeatedly forewarned.

"In the book Living Temple there is presented the alpha of deadly heresies. The omega will follow, and will be received by those who are not willing to heed the warning God has given." 1 Selected Messages 200.

So there's a link between Kellogg's heresy and the final deception. David Clayton assembled SDA sources to identify the Omega.

The Omega of Deadly Heresies:

http://www.restorationministry.com/video/omega.htm

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/21/10 06:45 AM

Gordon, I couldn't watch the entire video. What did he say the Omega is?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/21/10 09:29 AM

I watched the video but was cautious of the theological implications in regard to the trinity. Searching Ellen White's writings for clarification, I discovered her eloquently clear statement in DA p. 671 regarding the Holy Spirit as "the third Person of the Godhead." Unless I choose to become paranoid of Ellen's works or choose to disregard her works completely, the facts relating to the trinity are quite clear.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/21/10 09:46 AM

I see a form of spiritualism in the environmental movement (as I have presented in previous posts) and tend to think it will have a role in making an enforced Sunday, day of rest (sacredness)!

Quote:
The theory that God is an essence pervading all nature is one of Satan's most subtle devices. It misrepresents God and is a dishonor to His greatness and majesty. Pantheistic theories are not sustained by the Word of God. . . . They gratify the natural heart and give license to inclination. [TESTIMONIES, VOL. 8, P. 291.] {NL 54.1}

The theory that God is an essence pervading all nature is received by many who profess to believe the Scriptures; but, however beautifully clothed, this theory is a most dangerous deception. It misrepresents God and is a dishonor to His greatness and majesty. And it surely tends not only to mislead, but to debase men. Darkness is its element, sensuality its sphere. . . . These theories, followed to their logical conclusion, sweep away the whole Christian economy. They do away with the necessity for the atonement and make man his own savior. [THE MINISTRY OF HEALING, PP. 428, 429.] {NL 54.2}

I have seen the results of these fanciful views of God, in apostasy, spiritualism, and free-lovism. The free love tendency of these teachings was so concealed that at first it was difficult to make plain its real character. Until the Lord presented it to me, I knew not what to call it, but I was instructed to call it unholy spiritual love. [TESTIMONIES, VOL. 8, P. 292.] {NL 54.3}

As in the days of the apostles men tried by tradition and philosophy to destroy faith in the Scriptures, so today,

by the pleasing sentiments of higher criticism, evolution, spiritualism, theosophy, and pantheism, the enemy of righteousness is seeking to lead souls into forbidden paths. . . . By spiritualism, multitudes are taught to believe that desire is the highest law, that license is liberty, and that man is accountable only to himself. [THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES, P. 474.] {NL 54.4}

And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. Rev. 16:13, 14.

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation [the United States] will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {Mar 190.1}

Through the two great errors, the immortality of the soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan will bring the people under his deceptions. While the former lays the foundation of spiritualism, the latter creates a bond of sympathy with Rome. The Protestants of the United States will be foremost in stretching their hands across the gulf to grasp the hand of spiritualism; they will reach over the abyss to clasp hands with the Roman power; and under the influence of this threefold union, this country will follow in the steps of Rome in trampling on the rights of conscience. . . . {Mar 190.2}

Papists, Protestants, and worldling will alike accept the form of godliness without the power, and they will see in this union a grand movement for the conversion of the world and the ushering in of the long-expected millennium. {Mar 190.3}

When our nation [the United States] shall so abjure the principles of its government as to enact a Sunday law, Protestantism will in this act join hands with popery; it will be nothing else than giving life to the tyranny which has long been eagerly watching its opportunity to spring again into active despotism. {Mar 190.4

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/21/10 08:33 PM

JCS, did he say lies about the trinity is the omega of apostasy?
Posted By: Elle

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/21/10 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: JCS
I watched the video but was cautious of the theological implications in regard to the trinity. Searching Ellen White's writings for clarification, I discovered her eloquently clear statement in DA p. 671 regarding the Holy Spirit as "the third Person of the Godhead." Unless I choose to become paranoid of Ellen's works or choose to disregard her works completely, the facts relating to the trinity are quite clear.

Well, I come to believe that any writings, with a little time, can become cleverly twisted and interepretated to anything man wants to embrace. So I don't share the same perspective with you JCS in saying that it is so clear that EGW upheld the trinity. I don't want to bring a trinity debate here, but just want to understand what we will be facing in the end time's great deception.

I was intrigue to here that the video portrays the trinity as the "Omega Apostasy that followed". I don't have any sound on my computer, so I can't watch it. Could you or someone else expand how this guy comes to this conclusion? I'm just a little puzzled of this conclusion.

I thought that the "Alpha Apostasy" was introducing Pantheism in the medical missionary work. Ellen White correctly saw the medical missionary work as being the most important for it was the right hand of the gospel which emphasizes that it is God that heals us. This belief unifies the gospel workers with the medical missionary work.

However by introducing Pantheism, therefore it was dissociating the gospel anchorage of the health message. Pantheism teaches that God is in all, so there is power in everything. Therefore the concept of the "Body can heal itself" in today’s Naturopathic philosophy of healing is totally Pantheistic. Today our church has embraced the Pantheistic teachings when it comes to our health message and it is preached at the pulpit. We as members has lost the strength, power, and beauty of our health message which Ellen clearly understood, wrote, and worked so hard to establish by erecting many sanitarium.

Coming back to the Alpha Apostasy being Pantheism, so I've heard from many that Spiritualism is the Omega.

If Spiritualism is the Omega :

Q1. Then how can we make a clear differentiation between "spiritualism" from having the "Spirit of God" living in us?

Q2. Then could it be that Spiritual Formation be in some way Satan's last days deception?

Q3. I don't want to knock down the possibility that the Trinity doctrine could be the Omega. If so, then in what way that is the Omega? Does this doctrine introducing Spiritualism?

Q4. And How Spiritualism link up with the Sabbath or Sunday Observance? (I know that answer!)
Posted By: Green Cochoa

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/22/10 05:00 PM

After seeing some of the recent surge in evolutionism, especially when seen among those who say they are Adventists, I have begun to see some intriguing parallels to the Alpha apostasy. Could this be the Omega?

Alpha Apostasy = Pantheism. God is in everything, and part of everything, whether animate or inanimate. God is inextricably involved.

Theistic Evolution = a twist on pantheism. God is inextricably involved with all life and matter, while at the same time not having any special concern for it. God "creates" through long, drawn out processes which He somehow controls.

What is the problem with believing that God is in everything (pantheism)? It leads to carelessness in our worship. We can worship God by adoring any part of His creation. Or, conversely, we don't even need to worship God, or go to church (His house), since we ourselves have His presence in us already, and He is all around us.

What is the problem with believing in Theistic Evolution (possibly the Omega)? It leads to carelessness in our worship of yet another sort--it leads us to view God as intelligent, but not particularly caring or loving. We don't need to care about all of His creatures or all people, since God uses "natural means" (survival of the fittest) to perfect His creation. It is not necessary to control ones procreative urges so much since, after all, that is part of the cycle of life and tied into God's command to "be fruitful and multiply."

Pantheists would say that since God is inside us, we can trust our own intelligence and reason, and that one need only have faith in himself or herself, for he or she represents God as much as any other part of the Universe.

Evolutionists would say that based on our own intelligence and reason, science and "facts" are superior to faith. Sound similar to pantheism?

In short, both pantheism and theistic evolution lead people to take less notice of God's laws and to take liberties which are not in accordance with Scripture. Both belief systems undermine the special love of God toward fallen man.

Does Mrs. White link the Omega apostasy in some way with the Sunday law?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/22/10 09:36 PM

GC, that's the question isn't it - Will the omega of apostasy cause people to legislate and enforce the observance of the Sunday Sabbath and the desecration of the Seventh-day Sabbath?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/22/10 09:45 PM

Elle, evil angels will certainly work through spiritualism to deceive people into legislating and enforcing the Sunday Sabbath and to deceive them into persecuting those who honor and keep the Seventh-day Sabbath (this one is a huge leap as most believers recoil at such a thought, that is, that they will one day seek to kill Sabbath-keepers, although I suspect they would enjoy killing the terrorists who killed people on 9/11).

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/22/10 10:27 PM

Elle, evil angels will certainly work through spiritualism to deceive people into legislating and enforcing the Sunday Sabbath and to deceive them into persecuting those who honor and keep the Seventh-day Sabbath (this one is a huge leap as most believers recoil at such a thought, that is, that they will one day seek to kill Sabbath-keepers, although I suspect they would enjoy killing the terrorists who killed people on 9/11).
Hi MM. For sure the end time wicked will work through spiritualism and anything else to enforce whatever. But before working through Spiritualism or Pantheism or etc... it needs to establish a system of belief based on that false doctrine in the mind of the people to work through it. When Ellen White was talking about the Alpha Apostasie, she was talking about a doctrine that was coming into the Church and also prevailed into the world. Once a "false" doctrine is well establish, then the deceptive one will work through it.

So Spiritualism, as far as I perceive it, is the next doctrine Satan is establishing in this world and in our Church which we can see in the "Spiritual Formation" thread. Us as a Church, are we already deceived into this doctrine by having our own doctrines already impermuated with these? If not, then this false doctrine will have minimal effect on us, because we will be able to perceive the truth from error.

However, if nuances of Spiritualism is already mixed in our doctrines, then we are in trouble.

That's why we need to define what is the Truth first about the Spirit of God, and make a sharp contrast with what the teachings of Spiritualism will bring to deceive us.

And in regards to the Sabbath, how does the doctrine of Spiritualism would effect the true worship of Sabbath keeping.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/23/10 10:03 AM

I was considering how Findhorn is quite an example of the merging of spiritualism with environmentalism and was looking at their website, discovered they are part of the Spiritual Caucus at the UN! Spiritualism has even invaded gardening!

Sharing some things that I found interesting!

Quote:

THE SPIRITUAL CAUCUS AT THE UNITED NATIONS
"We all have within us a center of stillness surrounded by silence. This house, dedicated to work and debate in the service of peace, should have one room dedicated to silence in the outward sense and stillness in the inner sense.
It has been the aim to create in this small room a place where the doors may be open to the infinite lands of thought and prayer.
People of many faiths will meet here, and for that reason none of the symbols to which we are accustomed in our meditation could be used.
However, there are simple things which speak to us all with the same language. We have sought for such things and we believe that we have found them in the shaft of light striking the shimmering surface of solid rock.
So, in the middle of the room we see a symbol of how, daily, the light of the skies gives life to the earth on which we stand, a symbol to many of us of how the light of the spirit gives life to matter. But the stone in the middle of the room has more to tell us. We may see it as an altar, empty not because there is no God, not because it is an altar to an unknown god, but because it is dedicated to the God whom man worships under many names and in many forms.
The stone in the middle of the room reminds us also of the firm and permanent in a world of movement and change. The block of iron ore has the weight and solidity of the everlasting. It is a reminder of that cornerstone of endurance and faith on which all human endeavour must be based.
The material of the stone leads our thoughts to the necessity for choice between destruction and construction, between war and peace. Of iron man has forged his swords, of iron he has also made his ploughshares. Of iron he has constructed tanks, but of iron he has likewise built homes for man. The block of iron ore is part of the wealth we have inherited on this earth of ours. How are we to use it? The shaft of light strikes the stone in a room of utter simplicity. There are no other symbols, there is nothing to distract our attention or to break in on the stillness within ourselves. When our eyes travel from these symbols to the front wall, they meet a simple pattern opening up the room to the harmony, freedom and balance of space.
There is an ancient saying that the sense of a vessel is not in its shell but in the void. So it is with this room. It is for those who come here to fill the void with what they find in their center of stillness."
Dag Hammarskjöld
The Spiritual Caucus supports the spiritual principles and purposes of the United Nations.

We seek to balance and strengthen the endeavors of the UN system and its affiliates with inner reflection and stillness.

We meet from October to June at the UN Headquarters to spend time together in silent reflection, share our insights, and explore ways of using this inner focus to serve the work of the UN.

Anyone interested in supporting the UN in this way is welcome to join us.

We invite groups and individuals who cannot be with us in person to connect with us in silence on the first and third Thursday of the month.

Quote:
Spiritual Caucus at the United Nations
http://www.spiritualcaucusun.org/

Co-Convenors

Steve Nation
United Nations Days & Years Meditation Initiative
http://www.intuition-in-service.org/unIntroduction.cfm

Barbara Valocore
Lifebridge Foundation Council
http://www.lifebridge.org/

John Clausen
Global Ecovillage Network
http://gen.ecovillage.org/

Frances Edwards
Findhorn Foundation
http://www.findhorn.org/index.php?tz=480

Martha Gallahue
National Service Conference of the American Ethical Union
http://nationalserviceaeu.org/

Michael Johnson
Pathways to Peace
http://www.pathwaystopeace.org/

Audrey Kitagawa
United Religions Initiative at the United Nations
http://www.uri.org/United_Nations.html

Patrick Mc Namara
Association of World Citizens
http://www.worldcitizens.org/

Nancy Roof
Kosmos Journal
http://www.kosmosjournal.org/index.shtml

Tara Stuart
Center for Psychology and Social Change
(now the John E. Mack Institute)
http://www.johnemackinstitute.org/center/crossroads_print.asp

Diane Williams
Source of Synergy Foundation
http://www.sourceofsynergyfoundation.org/

UNITED NATIONS
http://www.un.org/en/
http://www.spiritualcaucusun.org/links.html

Quote:
UFO Evidence
http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/johnmack.htm
John E. Mack, M.D., professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and founder of the Center for Psychology & Social Change

Quote:
There is a movement gaining force...
We are unifying more and more profoundly across issues, nations, religions, and cultures... This movement doesn’t have a name yet, but we instinctively feel it unfolding... We intuit that something more is possible, something that will unite us more powerfully to impact the world in these urgent times... How can we utilize our collective soul force to move forward and usher in a great leap in consciousness on the planet? Perhaps the answers will reveal themselves when we tap into the Source of Synergy...[ http://www.sourceofsynergyfoundation.org//quote]

[quote]... the whole of western theology has been characterized by an inappropriate reliance upon reason alone, ever since the scientific revolution of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. Rationalism had achieved such spectacular results that empirical reason came to be regarded as the sole path to truth, and Western people started to talk about God as an objective, demonstrable fact like any other. The more intuitive disciplines of mythology and mysticism were discredited.
This was the cause of many of the religious problems of our day, including my own.

Karen Armstrong , The Spiral Staircase , New York, Anchor Books, 2004, p. 294

Emotional intelligence can be defined as the ability to sense, understand, and effectively apply the power and insight of emotions as a source of information, connection, and influence. Emotional intelligence is feedback from the heart based on feelings and intuition. Intuition is the direct perception of truth independent of the reasoning process. Mental intelligence is feedback from the head based on reasoning and logic.

Richard Barrett, Liberating the Corporate Soul, Boston, Butterworth Heinmann, 1998 , p. 10

Without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of the imagination is incalculable.

The reaction which is now beginning in the West against the intellect in favour of feeling, or in favour of intuition, seems to me a mark of cultural advance, a widening of consciousness beyond the too narrow limits of a tyrannical intellect.

C.G. Jung, Commentary, The Secret of the Golden Flower (Translated by Richard Wilhelm), p. 85
http://www.intuition-in-service.org/intuitionQuotations.cfm

Quote:
The famous "The Findhorn Gardens" book has been upgraded. (see cover image below centre) Inspired colour photos reveal the magic that happened in the windswept and barren sand dunes in the far north east of Scotland. Read the stories of the garden and community from the perspective of the founders of the Findhorn Foundation Community Eileen and Peter Caddy and Dorothy Maclean, as well from David Spangler and ROC. With a fascinating new final chapter by Trees for Life founder Alan Watson Featherstone sharing the community's work on co-creation with nature and beings from the higher realm. http://www.findhornimages.com/

Quote:
Behaving as if the God in all Life Mattered Book
Review of M Small Wright Gardening Assisted by Devas, Nature Spirits

Read more at Suite101: Behaving as if the God in all Life Mattered Book: Review of M Small Wright Gardening Assisted by Devas, Nature Spirits http://new-age-beliefs.suite101.com/arti...k#ixzz0gKTtpgkr

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/23/10 05:15 PM

The UN has long been directed by Spiritualism. Years ago an SDA lawyer, while working for her government, witnessed that many sessions are opened with pagan rites and prayers. Excusing oneself is met with strong disapproval. Peer pressure exists at all levels of society and government. Also reminds me of the prayer circles held in many church settings which I find very questionable. Sitting out is seen as a Mordecai act.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/23/10 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Elle
Hi MM. For sure the end time wicked will work through spiritualism and anything else to enforce whatever. But before working through Spiritualism or Pantheism or etc... it needs to establish a system of belief based on that false doctrine in the mind of the people to work through it. When Ellen White was talking about the Alpha Apostasie, she was talking about a doctrine that was coming into the Church and also prevailed into the world. Once a "false" doctrine is well establish, then the deceptive one will work through it.

So Spiritualism, as far as I perceive it, is the next doctrine Satan is establishing in this world and in our Church which we can see in the "Spiritual Formation" thread. Us as a Church, are we already deceived into this doctrine by having our own doctrines already impermuated with these? If not, then this false doctrine will have minimal effect on us, because we will be able to perceive the truth from error.

However, if nuances of Spiritualism is already mixed in our doctrines, then we are in trouble.

That's why we need to define what is the Truth first about the Spirit of God, and make a sharp contrast with what the teachings of Spiritualism will bring to deceive us.

And in regards to the Sabbath, how does the doctrine of Spiritualism would effect the true worship of Sabbath keeping.

It seems to me Christians have believed incorrectly regarding the state of dead for hundreds of years and that they are primed to accept the lie through spiritualism. They also seem more ready than ever before to legislate and enforce the Sunday Sabbath. However, I doubt they're ready to kill Sabbath-keepers for keeping the Sabbath. But it will happen someday. As soon as they are convinced man-made and natural disasters are the result of God's displeasure aimed at them for tolerating Sabbath-keeping then we can be sure things will go south rapidly. Nevertheless, I don't see this happening in the near future. It doesn't feel like the SDA church is ready for it. Too many members believe Jesus will save us in our sins. We will eventually be shaken over this false doctrine and the pure and holy will remain to proclaim the 3AMs with a loud cry and in latter rain power. Shortly thereafter Jesus will arrive to take us home.

Ellen White put it this way:

I saw that none could share the "refreshing" unless they obtain the victory over every besetment, over pride, selfishness, love of the world, and over every wrong word and action. We should therefore be drawing nearer and nearer to the Lord and be earnestly seeking that preparation necessary to enable us to stand in the battle in the day of the Lord.--EW 71 (1851). {LDE 192.2}

It is left with us to remedy the defects in our characters, to cleanse the soul temple of every defilement. Then the latter rain will fall upon us as the early rain fell upon the disciples on the Day of Pentecost.--5T 214 (1882). {LDE 192.3}

There is nothing that Satan fears so much as that the people of God shall clear the way by removing every hindrance, so that the Lord can pour out His Spirit upon a languishing church. . . . Every temptation, every opposing influence, whether open or secret, may be successfully resisted, "not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith the Lord of hosts" (Zech. 4:6).--1SM 124 (1887). {LDE 192.4}

The latter rain will come, and the blessing of God will fill every soul that is purified from every defilement. It is our work today to yield our souls to Christ, that we may be fitted for the time of refreshing from the presence of the Lord--fitted for the baptism of the Holy Spirit.--1SM 191 (1892). {LDE 193.1}

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/24/10 05:13 AM

Sorry, I've been busy with other stuff and haven't had the opportunity to reply to Elle's statement.

Quote:
Well, I come to believe that any writings, with a little time, can become cleverly twisted and interepretated to anything man wants to embrace. So I don't share the same perspective with you JCS in saying that it is so clear that EGW upheld the trinity. I don't want to bring a trinity debate here, but just want to understand what we will be facing in the end time's great deception.

Here is Ellen White's comment about the Holy Spirit in its complete context.

Quote:
The Comforter is called "the Spirit of truth." His work is to define and maintain the truth. He first dwells in the heart as the Spirit of truth, and thus He becomes the Comforter. There is comfort and peace in the truth, but no real peace or comfort can be found in falsehood. It is through false theories and traditions that Satan gains his power over the mind. By directing men to false standards, he misshapes the character. Through the Scriptures the Holy Spirit speaks to the mind, and impresses truth upon the heart. Thus He exposes error, and expels it from the soul. It is by the Spirit of truth, working through the word of God, that Christ subdues His chosen people to Himself. {DA 671.1}
In describing to His disciples the office work of the Holy Spirit, Jesus sought to inspire them with the joy and hope that inspired His own heart. He rejoiced because of the abundant help He had provided for His church. The Holy Spirit was the highest of all gifts that He could solicit from His Father for the exaltation of His people. The Spirit was to be given as a regenerating agent, and without this the sacrifice of Christ would have been of no avail. The power of evil had been strengthening for centuries, and the submission of men to this satanic captivity was amazing. Sin could be resisted and overcome only through the mighty agency of the Third Person of the Godhead, who would come with no modified energy, but in the fullness of divine power. It is the Spirit that makes effectual what has been wrought out by the world's Redeemer. It is by the Spirit that the heart is made pure. Through the Spirit the believer becomes a partaker of the divine nature. Christ has given His Spirit as a divine power to overcome all hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil, and to impress His own character upon His church. {DA 671.2}
Of the Spirit Jesus said, "He shall glorify Me." The Saviour came to glorify the Father by the demonstration of His love; so the Spirit was to glorify Christ by revealing His grace to the world. The very image of God is to be reproduced in humanity. The honor of God, the honor of Christ, is involved in the perfection of the character of His people. {DA 671.3}
"When He [the Spirit of truth] is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment." The preaching of the word will be of no avail without the continual presence and aid of the Holy Spirit. This is the only effectual teacher of divine truth. Only
when the truth is accompanied to the heart by the Spirit will it quicken the conscience or transform the life. One might be able to present the letter of the word of God, he might be familiar with all its commands and promises; but unless the Holy Spirit sets home the truth, no souls will fall on the Rock and be broken. No amount of education, no advantages, however great, can make one a channel of light without the co-operation of the Spirit of God. The sowing of the gospel seed will not be a success unless the seed is quickened into life by the dew of heaven. Before one book of the New Testament was written, before one gospel sermon had been preached after Christ's ascension, the Holy Spirit came upon the praying apostles. Then the testimony of their enemies was, "Ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine." Acts 5:28. {DA 671.4}
Christ has promised the gift of the Holy Spirit to His church, and the promise belongs to us as much as to the first disciples. But like every other promise, it is given on conditions. There are many who believe and profess to claim the Lord's promise; they talk about Christ and about the Holy Spirit, yet receive no benefit. They do not surrender the soul to be guided and controlled by the divine agencies. We cannot use the Holy Spirit. The Spirit is to use us. Through the Spirit God works in His people "to will and to do of His good pleasure." Philippians 2:13. But many will not submit to this. They want to manage themselves. This is why they do not receive the heavenly gift. Only to those who wait humbly upon God, who watch for His guidance and grace, is the Spirit given. The power of God awaits their demand and reception. This promised blessing, claimed by faith, brings all other blessings in its train. It is given according to the riches of the grace of Christ, and He is ready to supply every soul according to the capacity to receive. {DA 672.1}

I'm going to start a new tread on the topic of Arianism vs the Trinity to provide anyone interested to provide some imput on the topic. I have absolutely no interest in what anyone wants to believe, I only desire to find the truth in all things. If I hadn't discovered this statement from White, or something else like it, I may have been persuaded to investigate this antitrinitarian belief further, in order to find the truth.

Here's a link:

http://www.maritime-sda-online.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=123579#Post123579
Posted By: kland

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/24/10 07:02 PM

Am I not thinking right in that where she speaks of the wonderful science was written in 1907 and I saw the reference in selected messages referred to the Living Temple written in 1904? If so, would this mean the wonderful science was something else than the Living Temple?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/24/10 07:20 PM

JCS, yeah, it's pretty hard to conclude the Holy Spirit isn't as much a person as Jesus and the Father when Sister White so plainly says He is.

"We need to realize that the Holy Spirit, who is as much a person as God is a person, is walking through these grounds. {Ev 616.5}

"The Holy Spirit has a personality, else He could not bear witness to our spirits and with our spirits that we are the children of God. He must also be a divine person, else He could not search out the secrets which lie hidden in the mind of God. The Holy Spirit is a free, working, independent agency. {FLB 52)

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/24/10 07:24 PM

Kland, yes, it's possible Ellen White had something else in mind when she warned about a forthcoming satanic science. However, back in her day it took time for books to exert an influence. A book written in 1904 could pose a threat considered future in 1907.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/25/10 07:49 AM

Gordon what do you mean by prayer circles?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/25/10 07:08 PM

Spiritual formation?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/26/10 09:06 AM

Crater, I'm referring to large circles of people standing, holding hands and praying. Can circle the perimeter of the sanctuary interior.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/26/10 09:20 AM

Gordon are you referring to the pressure to participate in activities, "religious" or otherwise?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/26/10 08:35 PM

Is there anything wrong with forming large prayer circles in church and praying together? Are there times when it isn't right?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/26/10 09:17 PM

I fail to see how the formation of prayer circles would draw us away from God, unless a foolish faith is started that our prayers are more likely answered by engaging in such activities. The only genuine positive effect would be in the projection of unity between members of the congregation. If such activities are deemed as sacrilegious, in the sanctuary, by God then it sould be done elsewhere. (I haven't studied on this topic, so I do not know.) Even good things, when mixed with slight amounts of error can become terrible works of evil.

I am still wondering what the false science is that was spoken of by Ellen White:

What is soon coming upon us? Seducing spirits are coming in. If God has ever spoken by me, you will before long hear of a wonderful science--a science of the devil. Its aim will be to make of no account God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent. Some will exalt this false science, and through them Satan will seek to make void the law of God. Great miracles will be performed in the sight of men in behalf of this wonderful sciences.--Letter 48, 1907. {3SM 408.1}

If this false science makes void God's law, has an association with Pantheism as well as spiritualism, and helps usher in the Sunday law it must be some form of twisted study that unites physical laws of what is known (science), with spiritualy false beliefs in the unknown (spiritualism).

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/26/10 10:57 PM

Gordon are you referring to the pressure to participate in activities, "religious" or otherwise?

Hi Crater and all, I think maybe that's what Gordon is referring. I was curious to know so I google "spiritual formation" "prayer circle" and it looks like it is a typical tool from the spiritual formation method employed to get every one to join a group. I do know that "Mordecai" feeling when this was used at a campmeeting to get everyone in front to respond to the preaching. If you don't agree with it and stay in your seet then you feel that peer pressure of what others are thinking about you. Yes, I do see now how peer pressure in such context, could be a good tool to get people to submit in joining a group.

If you google those words above, you'll see quite a lot of hits. But here's a link to John Paul II using that method :

http://stjohnpaulpray.bravehost.com/

JOHN PAUL II ECUMENICAL PRAYER CIRCLE
Quote:
John Paul II Ecumenical Prayer Circle is a night vigil and fasting prayer project of the Baseelia Foundation (for Charities, Child Care, and Relief Fund). We give all the glory and honour to God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We encourage people to pray for those who suffer from sickness, debts, having no children, homeless, jobless, abusive to others, sick with hate, fear, addicted on drugs/alcohol, depressed, peaceless, and uneasiness.

Anybody can join this prayer circle. They shall find at least 10 minutes everyday in between 5.30 to 7.00 am or 9.30 to 11.00 pm to pray for the requests which is submitted at the prayer book of this link. Also we have to pray for the world peace, unity of nations, religious harmony, unity of the churches, unity and spiritual harmony among christians. By our prayers God may protect entire earth from natural calamities, contageous diseases, wars, terrorism, communal riots etc.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/27/10 04:10 AM

I found this interesting poem in one of the "Spiritual Formation" training Centers which depicts the purpose and the idea behind "Circles of Prayers"

Community(the Title of Poem)

This vast, abundant earth is crying out like a wounded animal…
Listen! Can we hear the cries?
Life is pushing up through every opening in human consciousness she can find.

A great surge of Life howling to be saved.
I understand this morning amidst these towering trees and fragile flowers so magnificent they make my heart ache,
the prophetic voice cries out simply in agony,
overwhelmed by beauty, unconcerned about nuance or detail:

Wake up! Listen!
The strategists and statisticians, the armies of thinkers, movers and shakers need to fill in the blanks.

The prophet’s cry is simple:

Wake up! Precious life is dying!
I understand this morning why prophets are killed.
Their mission is not to craft the nuanced document to discern if the other who they face intends good or evil.

The prophet stands in the face of it all
with purity of vision, seeing how Life is meant to
be, hoping to awaken Life wherever it is, to heed the call.

We are at a moment when God speaks not through a lonely prophet
but pushing up through our bodies through the soul of community.

The call is to join hands
to form a circle of diversity
to reach out and gather in
to show in word and deed and action

Together we are the Life of the world!

---- End of Poem ----

Link : http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:Tm_Lz-8Ul9gJ:www.sdiworld.org/uploads/Uj/vC/UjvCmXqMXt01ZdvCw0B-aw/Connections-April-May-2006.pdf+prayer+circle+site:sdiworld.org&cd=13&hl=en&ct=clnk

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/27/10 06:24 AM

JCS, great comments and questions. How will it bring in the NSL - that's the question.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/27/10 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Elle
I found this interesting poem in one of the "Spiritual Formation" training Centers which depicts the purpose and the idea behind "Circles of Prayers"

Community(the Title of Poem)

This vast, abundant earth is crying out like a wounded animal…
Listen! Can we hear the cries?
Life is pushing up through every opening in human consciousness she can find.

A great surge of Life howling to be saved.
I understand this morning amidst these towering trees and fragile flowers so magnificent they make my heart ache,
the prophetic voice cries out simply in agony,
overwhelmed by beauty, unconcerned about nuance or detail:

Wake up! Listen!
The strategists and statisticians, the armies of thinkers, movers and shakers need to fill in the blanks.

The prophet’s cry is simple:

Wake up! Precious life is dying!
I understand this morning why prophets are killed.
Their mission is not to craft the nuanced document to discern if the other who they face intends good or evil.

The prophet stands in the face of it all
with purity of vision, seeing how Life is meant to
be, hoping to awaken Life wherever it is, to heed the call.

We are at a moment when God speaks not through a lonely prophet
but pushing up through our bodies through the soul of community.

The call is to join hands
to form a circle of diversity
to reach out and gather in
to show in word and deed and action

Together we are the Life of the world!

---- End of Poem ----

Link : http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:Tm_Lz-8Ul9gJ:www.sdiworld.org/uploads/Uj/vC/UjvCmXqMXt01ZdvCw0B-aw/Connections-April-May-2006.pdf+prayer+circle+site:sdiworld.org&cd=13&hl=en&ct=clnk

"Interesting poem" Elle! It would fit right in the environmental movement! Though it appears spiritual in nature, I don't see that is of a Christian nature! (btw I'm not implying that you see it as Christian! smile )

This scripture came to mind when I read it. We are told "the earth shall wax old like a garment"!

"Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished."

I took a look at the magazine at the sight you gave. I don't know what a Spiritual Director is? The mag seemed very ecumenical, so I suppose a "Spiritual Director" could be an inclusive name used for leaders of a "spiritual / religious" leadership, verse priest, pastor, shaman, rabbi, enlightened master, . . . ?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/27/10 11:53 AM

"Interesting poem" Elle! It would fit right in the environmental movement! Though it appears spiritual in nature, I don't see that is of a Christian nature! (btw I'm not implying that you see it as Christian! smile )

Yes, I agree. BTW Good find about spiritualism in gardening and great UN & Environmental links. I did check some of them. Wow! I'm not much aware about all this UN and Environmental stuff since I don't read much about it. However, it seems to always pop up and seems to be quite a big World Wide effort.

When Gordon mention about the Prayer circle, I couldn't see anything wrong with it either, beside relating to a small one time experience. All look innocent and OK until you go and check it out a little deeper and start thinking about it versus what we know about what's coming ahead.

Quote:
I took a look at the magazine at the sight you gave. I don't know what a Spiritual Director is? The mag seemed very ecumenical, so I suppose a "Spiritual Director" could be an inclusive name used for leaders of a "spiritual / religious" leadership, verse priest, pastor, shaman, rabbi, enlightened master, . . . ?
I'm no expert on this stuff either, but from the little I've google and from the Spiritual Formation discussion here on this forum, Spiritual Director International appears to be an International effort to link up any individual to a mentor trained from a recognized Spiritual Formation discipline. So therefore making anyone a Spiritual leader for their own community or church or family, or whatever.

I have an itch concerning "Spiritualism", being the Omega and what we're reading is happening all around with spiritual Formation even in our own Church. It must be the grand tool(Doctrine) they will use for the great deception and somehow will use it to convict and move the world in justifying the death decree describe in Rev 13.

But it got me thinking that the doctrine of "spiritualism" must be more than the tacktives used for "immortality of the soul" by evil angels pretending being people from the dead.

I'm really wondering these following questions. Q1 troubles me because I don't see much difference. So there's something quite subtle about Spiritualism that makes like a praying circle nothing wrong with it. However, it's more than what the surface meets the eye.

Q1. What's the difference between "spiritualism" and from having the "Spirit of God" living in us?

Q2. Could "spiritualism" be already intergrated in any other of our doctrines?

Q3. And How Spiritualism links up with the Sabbath or Sunday Observance?
Posted By: Charity

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/28/10 12:42 AM

Probation will end when Christ's work in the sanctuary is complete, independant of whether the remnant church is generaly prepared or not. In fact, Christ's parable of the virgins reveals that everyone is caught off guard in the midst of slumber and only half of them were prepared for a delay. The only reason the winds of stife will be held back is for the benefit of those souls who have not yet spiritualy grown enough to be sifted out as wheat or tares.

Why is everyone caught off guard JCS? A thought came to my mind yesterday on the reason. Maybe it's because everyone (among Adventists) is expecting certain events have to happen before the final plagues, trumpets and seals are poured out, certain events such as the national Sunday law. What actually is about to happen next may be our witnessing great balls of fire fall on the earth and we'll exclaim, Wow! we knew that the judgments of God were going to fall be we didn't think it would be this soon.
Quote:
I saw an immense ball of fire fall among some beautiful mansions, causing their instant destruction. I heard someone say: "We knew that the judgments of God were coming upon the earth, but we did not know that they would come so soon." Others, with agonized voices, said: "You knew! Why then did you not tell us? We did not know."--9T 28 (1909). {LDE 25.1}

Maybe we have it backwards. The trumpets seals and plagues are what brings on the Sunday laws not vice versa.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/28/10 01:04 AM

I agree Mark.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/28/10 03:53 AM

It's an interesting idea Mark. If you look at the developments in regard to the World Sabbath of Religious Reconciliation and EGW's statements pointing toward a disaster (not related to the plagues) effecting the United States just prior to the Sunday law, a very different perspective may be gleaned.

I have a somewhat off the wall suspision that Ellen's quote from 9T 28 (1909). {LDE 25.1} and the promises given in Joel 2:30-31 refer to something equivolent to an explosion of a super caldera effecting the United States and occuring soon after the outpouring of the latter rain spoken of earlier in Joel 2:23-29. If I were to attempt to find some natural event that could effect a change on say, the Yellowstone Caldera, I would consider the gravitational effects on the Caldera's magma flow generated by the total solar eclipse that courses directly over Wyoming on August 21, 2017 at 17:35 UT. There is a science to gravitational lensing (caused by the Moon's eclipsing of the Sun) effecting fault lines within the eclipse's shadow. Do I personaly believe this will set off the caldera? I honestly have no idea.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/28/10 05:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark
Maybe we have it backwards. The trumpets seals and plagues are what brings on the Sunday laws not vice versa.

According to the following from LDE the NSL will precede the close of probation, which precedes the outpouring of the plagues:

Sunday-Law Enforcement Precedes the Close of Probation

The Lord has shown me clearly that the image of the beast will be formed before probation closes, for it is to be the great test [SEE THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER, WHERE THE GREAT TEST FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD IS SHOWN TO BE SUNDAY-LAW ENFORCEMENT.] for the people of God, by which their eternal destiny will be decided.--2SM 81 (1890). {LDE 227.3}

What is the "image to the beast"? and how is it to be formed? The image is made by the two-horned beast, and is an image to the beast. It is also called an image of the beast. [THE TWO-HORNED BEAST OF REVELATION 13:11-17 MAKES AN IMAGE TO THE BEAST PORTRAYED IN REVELATION 13:1-10.] Then to learn what the image is like and how it is to be formed, we must study the characteristics of the beast itself--the papacy. {LDE 228.1}

When the early church became corrupted by departing from the simplicity of the gospel and accepting heathen rites and customs, she lost the Spirit and power of God; and in order to control the consciences of the people, she sought the support of the secular power. The result was the papacy, a church that controlled the power of the state, and employed it to further her own ends, especially for the punishment of "heresy." In order for the United States to form an image of the beast, the religious power must so control the civil government that the authority of the state will also be employed by the church to accomplish her own ends. . . . {LDE 228.2}

The "image to the beast" represents that form of apostate Protestantism which will be developed when the Protestant churches shall seek the aid of the civil power for the enforcement of their dogmas.--GC 443, 445 (1911). {LDE 228.3}

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/28/10 09:41 AM

What's your take on the events described in Joel 2:30-31? Is this event before during or after the NSL?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/28/10 02:20 PM

Not sure if you're asking me that JCS, but the last part of Joel 2 is one of several texts that supports the idea of a progressive closing of probation - that is, probation closes for some before the plagues start but for others after the plagues begin. I've posted some quotes from Ellen White that the plagues start before probation closes for everyone and had some discussions on other threads about a progressive closing of salvation. Part of those posts are in the thread on the Battle of Armageddon. Sorry I can't remember which threads have the rest of the discussion.

To avoid repetition I won't repost the material here, but since they're relevant to the timing of the national Sunday laws, I do have some observations on the Ellen White quotes that Adventists have assumed for decades rule out the possiblity of probation remaining open after the plagues begin (but not when they end). We need to re-examine those 'proof' statements again.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/28/10 02:32 PM

Here is one of her 'strongest' statements that some believe leaves no possible room for salvation after the plagues begin to fall:

Quote:
It was impossible for the plagues to be poured out while Jesus officiated in the sanctuary; but as His work there is finished, and His intercession closes, there is nothing to stay the wrath of God, and it breaks with fury upon the shelterless head of the guilty sinner, who has slighted salvation and hated reproof. EW 280.

Notice in the above sentence and following, Ellen White says it was not possible for the plagues to fall while Christ was in the ‘sanctuary’. But she says, ‘as . . . His intercession closes’, which suggests to me, while His intercession is closing and while He is still in the sanctuary, the plagues begin to fall. So we have a statement that some see as proof that probation for all is closed at the beginning of the plagues, on closer reading may say differently.

That the plagues begin to fall as the intercession of Christ closes is also implied in the next few sentences in the same statement, where she again suggests it was possible for the plagues to fall while He finishes his ministry not only in the Most Holy place but also before the golden altar in the Holy Place.

Quote:
In that fearful time, after the close of Jesus' mediation, the saints were living in the sight of a holy God without an intercessor. Every case was decided, every jewel numbered. Jesus tarried a moment in the outer apartment of the heavenly sanctuary, and the sins which had been confessed while He was in the most holy place were placed upon Satan, the originator of sin, who must suffer their punishment. Then I saw Jesus lay off His priestly attire and clothe Himself with His most kingly robes. {EW 280}

This latter statement is worth close investigation. She was shown that every person’s case was decided in the Holiest, that everyone was sealed by that ministry, but that His intercession continued for a brief time there and in the outer apartment when the sins that had been confessed while He was in the Holiest were placed on Satan. To me, all of this appears to happen while the plagues have started to fall.

Ellen White makes a number of other statements that also appear to disagree with our position that probation is completely closed when the first plague falls. Many of these deal with the Battle of Armageddon that occurs in the seventh plague which she links in a group of statements to the parable of the ten virgins and the Loud Cry. Here is one of them (See the Battle of Armageddon thread for more):
Quote:

I saw that none could share the "refreshing," unless they obtain the victory over every besetment, over pride, selfishness, love of the world, and over every wrong word and action. [This suggests those who receive the latter rain are sealed.] We should, therefore, be drawing nearer and nearer to the Lord, and be earnestly seeking that preparation necessary to enable us to stand in the battle in the day of the Lord. Let all remember that God is holy, and that none but holy beings can ever dwell in His presence. {CET 113.1}

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 02/28/10 11:06 PM

What's your take on the events described in Joel 2:30-31? Is this event before during or after the NSL?

I go along with what Ellen wrote about it. It makes perfect sense to me.

Quote:
In the Saviour's conversation with His disciples upon Olivet, after describing the long period of trial for the church--the 1260 years of papal persecution, concerning which He had promised that the tribulation should be shortened--He thus mentioned certain events to precede His coming, and fixed the time when the first of these should be witnessed: "In those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light." The 1260 days, or years, terminated in 1798. A quarter of a century earlier, persecution had almost wholly ceased. Following this persecution, according to the words of Christ, the sun was to be darkened. On the 19th of May, 1780, this prophecy was fulfilled. {Mar 150.1}

"Almost if not altogether alone, as the most mysterious and as yet unexplained phenomenon of its kind, . . . stands the dark day of May 19, 1780--a most unaccountable darkening of the whole visible heavens and atmosphere in New England."-- R. M. Devens, Our First Century, p. 89. . . . {Mar 150.2}

The intense darkness of the day was succeeded, an hour or two before evening, by a partially clear sky, and the sun appeared, though it was still obscured by the black, heavy mist. "After sundown, the clouds came again overhead, and it grew dark very fast." "Nor was the darkness of the night less uncommon and terrifying than that of the day; notwithstanding there was almost a full moon, no object was discernible but by the help of some artificial light. . . ."--Isaiah Thomas, Massachusetts Spy: or, American Oracle of Liberty, vol. 10, No. 472 (May 25, 1780). . . . {Mar 150.3}

The description of this event, as given by eyewitnesses, is but an echo of the words of the Lord, recorded by the prophet Joel, twenty-five hundred years previous to their fulfilment: "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come." {Mar 150.4}

Christ had bidden His people watch for the signs of His advent, and rejoice as they should behold the tokens of their coming King. {Mar 150.5}

Do you see it this way, too?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 03/01/10 04:01 AM

If I understand your take on her quoted statements correctly, I would presume that you believe the comment about darkness in Joel is in referance to the dark day in 1780. There is one possible point of conflict with this: verses 30 and 31 occur after the latter rain of which is discribed in verses 28 and 29. To the best of my knowledge, we are still waiting for the latter rain.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 03/01/10 10:21 AM

Yes Crater, pressure to conform and engage, especially in spiritual matters. The underlying tenet of God's love is liberty, freedom to choose. God never coerces nor resorts to subterfuge to invoke our cooperation or obedience. He allowed the fall of man, but He forewarned Adam and Eve with full disclosure. Many events (social & church) lure one into participation unawares, and then when we realize, the conscience says no, but too late. Children of course are especially vulnerable.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 03/01/10 10:37 AM

I'm quite sure Heaven views such pressure as abomination, for it's so far removed from God's character and example. But Satan has deceived and seduced many, where we often prefer the sheep-herding and abuse. This is the way of the world, the bullies and their victims. Some are satisfied with this existence, but God has a better way. "All ye are Brethren." Matthew 23:8. "Love one another" 1 John 3:23.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 03/01/10 07:18 PM

If I understand your take on her quoted statements correctly, I would presume that you believe the comment about darkness in Joel is in referance to the dark day in 1780. There is one possible point of conflict with this: verses 30 and 31 occur after the latter rain of which is discribed in verses 28 and 29. To the best of my knowledge, we are still waiting for the latter rain.

Here's the prophecy:

Quote:
Joel
2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
2:30 And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
2:32 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Peter applied this prophecy to Pentecost. Here's what he wrote:

Quote:
Acts
2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
2:19 And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
2:21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

I believe this prophecy began to be fulfilled on Pentecost and continued to unfold and be fulfilled thereafter. It will finish being fulfilled when Jesus returns and "delivers" us.

Earlier in the prophecy Joel wrote, "Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first [month]." (verse 23) It is not clear, though, if the sun and moon events described in verses 30 and 31 will happen before or after the latter rain event. Ellen White was shown they happened after the former rain and before the latter rain.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 03/01/10 10:22 PM

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

The verses say, "I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:" The "all flesh"! Not just the church? Would this mean that the Holy Spirit is working on everyone?

The visions and dreams will be had but what kind of visions and dreams, and prophesying? I find these passages confusing!

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 03/03/10 06:40 AM

If the Holy Spirit was poured out on someone who wasn't receptive to it they would focus on any points that were in harmony with what they believe, and reject everything else. Under such sircumstances, everyone who refused to wholly accept inspired truth from the Spirit would, by necessity, fully reject it thereby fully opening up their will to the influence of devils. Yes, the idea that the spirit would be poured out on everyone, not just the church, really does seem to make sense and would provide an even clearer explanation for how everyone would reach a point where they were either sealed or marked.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 03/03/10 07:07 PM

Do you think poured out "on" and poured out "around" is differentiated in the prophecy? Ellen observed, "Only those who are living up to the light they have will receive greater light. Unless we are daily advancing in the exemplification of the active Christian virtues, we shall not recognize the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in the latter rain. It may be falling on hearts all around us, but we shall not discern or receive it.--TM 507 (1897). {LDE 195.4}

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 03/03/10 07:09 PM

JCS, did you see the post at the bottom of the previous page that is addressed to you (#123739)?

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 03/03/10 09:21 PM

Quote:
Do you think poured out "on" and poured out "around" is differentiated in the prophecy?

Seems to make sense. This would correlate with the idea that those not receptive to the spirit can't receive greater light. I believe if someone is whole heartedly open to to the spirit of truth (by willingly disregarding all selfish inclinations) they will be lead to the truth by the Holy Spirit even on doctrinal truths like the Sabbath, independently of available evidence for it. Thus, even for people unexposed to scripture could still be lead to biblcal truths. Unfortunately, "the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked" thus such events in the world are very rare.

Quote:
JCS, did you see the post at the bottom of the previous page that is addressed to you (#123739)?

I'm assuming your refering to this statement:

Quote:
I believe this prophecy began to be fulfilled on Pentecost and continued to unfold and be fulfilled thereafter. It will finish being fulfilled when Jesus returns and "delivers" us.

Earlier in the prophecy Joel wrote, "Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first [month]." (verse 23) It is not clear, though, if the sun and moon events described in verses 30 and 31 will happen before or after the latter rain event. Ellen White was shown they happened after the former rain and before the latter rain.

Your logic is very clear and I do not have any further points or ideas to express on how these series of events unfold. To me, the evidence suggesting what happens in Joel 2: 30-31 is before the later rain has equal ground with the opposite. I guess that means for me that the jury is still out until I find more information.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 03/04/10 06:03 PM

JCS, thank you for responding to my comments.

Re: The National Sunday law is near! - 03/07/10 06:28 AM

"Organizing for America , the successor organization to Obama for America, is building on the movement that elected President Obama by empowering communities across the country to bring about our agenda of change."

On the OFA site there is a blog that some have attributed to Obama, but it appears to be coming from a Mike Pearce! It is interesting the reasoning that the person gave!
Quote:

Post from Michael Pearce's Blog:@ OFA site
Energy Conservation & Globalized America
By Mike - Jun 18th, 2008 at 6:38 pm EDT

There have been a lot of changes in the past 100 years. Not only have we seen gang activity increase along with crimes, but so has energy consumption. The other change I realized was the recinding of the "Sunday Laws" across the united states.

Originally, the sunday law were instituted to make sure that people wouldn't have to choose between work and church. Often, the nobility would use financial enticements toward the religious heads of households in order to coherce them to work in order to increase his own financial gain. This was unfair to those who needed money, feared losing their means of supporting themselves, and without such a law banning people from working (though I don't believe it applied to you working for your own business), people would be further burdened.

I have to wonder if there weren't more benefits to this. First, without businesses being open, your kids would have nowhere to go for entertainment. Parents would have at least 1 day they could spend with family & friends without having to align work schedules. Decrease in gas use across the board. Less crime (since parents are home on Sundays, there is no reason why you can't keep an eye on them.) Fewer homeless people begging in the street (Since there are no people to beg from). Less Police would be necessary (if any at all... They could go on an "On Call As Needed" basis so they might be able to spend time with family. Neighbors would have time to get to know each other. How well do you know your neighbors now? Have you had any barbecues? Right now, I would guess that most people who may have barbecues, are only hanging out with people who are white collar regardless of the neighborhood you live in. Our work schedules can determine what class you relate to and hardens those lines even more.

So perhaps we should consider enacting a Sunday Law. Not to restrict people from working, but to give liberty to those who can't choose. And imagine the tax dollars that would be saved?

Problem is, I don't believe that this would be acceptable in Washington D.C. and states that collect an Income Tax. That's the real reason why the Sunday Laws were lifted. People could be forced to work more days, some part-time workers without insurance.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church