Do Mainstream Christians hate the truth...!

Posted By: Rick H

Do Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 04/02/10 11:56 PM

Yes, I am on fire with flames are at my fingertips, I just got banned from a 3rd 'Christian' site for presenting what the scripture teaches. I was told I was not teaching what 'Mainstream Christianity' believes and thus denying the truth of 'eternal life', of twisting what God has given 'every man' and no one can take away, of putting forth 'unsound doctrine' which cannot be allowed as it would confuse true christians.

So what terrible evil was I posting about, what truth did I shred and post so twisted as to destroy what mainstream Christians believe...

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 04/03/10 12:04 AM

One word 'Annihilation'....

I tried to post what the Bible says about how the wicked perish, and you would have thought I was preaching blasphemous words of atheism. I was told that if the wicked arent going to burn eternally, then the saints will not be saved eternally. That if the wicked dont suffer forver, then it is 'Universalism' because they arent properly punished and let off from what they richly deserve and now since 'the soul doesnt die' get a chance to enjoy heaven or some place other than eternal fire. Well let me put one post from one site to give you a idea...

"...and a sound reason why the doctrines of Annihilationism and Universalism have categorically been rejected within Mainstream Christianity....both offer a false hope of eternity for the wicked; either exemption from eternal suffering and torment of the wicked (annihilation) or a flat-out welcome of unrepentant wicked into Heaven without any responsibility for their uncovered sins. (univeralism)

If Hell, aka eternal torment and punishment for the wicked isn't eternal and everlasting as the scriptures tell us, then we can't have any hope that Heaven for the redeemed will be eternal and everlasting either.

I think your post is a good one to let this thread end on, since most of the Biblical reasons against Annihilationism have been mentioned already, and arguing to the contrary can only serve to cause someone unfamiliar with the scriptures to stumble, we'll let your thread be the final one on this topic and retire it here. If anyone wants to continue their arguement of Annihilationism, they are welcomed to do so in the Chat-to-Moderators subforum. We'll be glad to give you an ear in there, but not gonna give this doctrine a platform on the Open Forum.

"giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities."

"their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. "

"the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone".....

How can the truth on this be taught to these 'Mainstream Christians', they seem to hate this truth with a passion, they seem to truly be scared that the soul can die. How would you present this truth...

Posted By: JCS

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 04/03/10 01:51 AM

I think what I would do in sites like that is simply quote passages from scripture in context and then start asking why scripture conflicts with their false doctrines and then proceed to show more scripture and ask why it conflicts with their explanations.

I've done this with visiting mormons who finally ended up leaving their own church. If you know your Bible well, this method works extremely well.

On a different stand point, a person who understands physics can use proofs in physics to dispel atheists. On that point, I've converted several hard core atheists to at least an agnostic stance. (Getting an agnostic to join the church is a bit more difficult.) If anyone has a good method for that please let me know.

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 04/03/10 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: JCS
I think what I would do in sites like that is simply quote passages from scripture in context and then start asking why scripture conflicts with their false doctrines and then proceed to show more scripture and ask why it conflicts with their explanations.

I've done this with visiting mormons who finally ended up leaving their own church. If you know your Bible well, this method works extremely well.

On a different stand point, a person who understands physics can use proofs in physics to dispel atheists. On that point, I've converted several hard core atheists to at least an agnostic stance. (Getting an agnostic to join the church is a bit more difficult.) If anyone has a good method for that please let me know.
Oh my brother, I tried every avenue but I feel I failed miserbly, I felt like a leper, they basically pointed at me and proclaimed 'unclean' then pummeled me with sharp posts for daring to bring such a 'doctrine' to them...

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 04/03/10 02:10 AM

Now many of the sites have rules against teaching Annihilation but you can teach about Death or the Soul, or the ressurection and still be withing the rules..But this last one, they would not allow any points that led to that or that had the wicked perish in scripture. They basically said it isnt going to happen so dont show us any verses or even try..
Posted By: Colin

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 04/04/10 04:42 PM

shake the dust off your feet..., or take the moderators to book, with Scripture? If the leaders 'seek' persuasion separately, should we refuse?...!
Posted By: Green Cochoa

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 04/04/10 05:02 PM

Their favorite "eternal fire" text just needs some explanation. Guess who will live with "everlasting burnings?" (Isaiah 33:14)

The "eternal fire" is "God." Sodom suffered the vengeance of God. Sodom is not still burning, although the Fire still exists.

God is a fire...a "consuming fire." What does "consume" mean? What does "die" mean? "The soul that sinneth, it shall die."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 04/04/10 07:18 PM

Richard, pearls to pigs and city dust. Once you've presented the Scriptures on the subject in a winsome, non-argumentative manner leave well enough alone. Do not belabor the point. Leave it to the Holy Spirit to help them sort it out. Move on to common ground for awhile. Win their trust and affections on points held in common. Become well known as the guy who loves Jesus and would do anything to help a fellow pilgrim know Jesus better. You can count on Jesus to bless your efforts and energy to lead others into all truth.
Posted By: Colin

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 04/05/10 12:09 AM

Amen, MM: God alone can open our and other's minds to greater truths as he himself leads.
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 04/05/10 12:18 AM

I agree with Mike. It is much easier to have an agreeable disagreement with someone you first got to know under more agreeable circumstances.

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 04/10/10 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Colin
shake the dust off your feet..., or take the moderators to book, with Scripture? If the leaders 'seek' persuasion separately, should we refuse?...!

I asked them to at least move the thread to a private/restricted forum and the moderators started to bait me, saying maybe I would be more at home somewhere where they allowed non-christian ideas. They seemed to want me to react, but I didnt so they just locked me down and let me post ONE response to them, and bam...I was locked out..

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 04/10/10 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Their favorite "eternal fire" text just needs some explanation. Guess who will live with "everlasting burnings?" (Isaiah 33:14)

The "eternal fire" is "God." Sodom suffered the vengeance of God. Sodom is not still burning, although the Fire still exists.

God is a fire...a "consuming fire." What does "consume" mean? What does "die" mean? "The soul that sinneth, it shall die."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Oh, I am working on many that are related:

WHAT IS A SOUL
DO YOU GO TO HEAVEN THE MOMENT YOU DIE
DOES GOD KEEP THE WICKED IN HELL....to name just a few

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 04/10/10 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Richard, pearls to pigs and city dust. Once you've presented the Scriptures on the subject in a winsome, non-argumentative manner leave well enough alone. Do not belabor the point. Leave it to the Holy Spirit to help them sort it out. Move on to common ground for awhile. Win their trust and affections on points held in common. Become well known as the guy who loves Jesus and would do anything to help a fellow pilgrim know Jesus better. You can count on Jesus to bless your efforts and energy to lead others into all truth.
Yes, you are right, but they were so intent on cleansing my 'unsound doctrine' that they deleted other threads I had started and were getting friendly response, talk about 'spiritual cleansing'..... eek Satan is alive and well making sure truth is kept out with many of these 'mainstream christian' sites .....
Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 04/26/10 03:35 AM

I fear that far too many of these sites are run by former Adventists. They know what we believe and know how to fight it. They use half truths and out and out lies to build th8eir platform, and because too many are unwilling [or maybe unable] to study scripture for themselves, they buy it.
I dealt with a former Pastor of our church [online] and called him to task for misusing E.G.Whites writings to bolster unbelief in her walk with Christ. When I posted the whole thing, he blocked me from his web site.
If they can't convince or compel [online] they lock us out.
They seem to be saying, 'my mind's made up, don't confuse me with the truth'.

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 05/01/10 04:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Gerry Buck
I fear that far too many of these sites are run by former Adventists. They know what we believe and know how to fight it. They use half truths and out and out lies to build th8eir platform, and because too many are unwilling [or maybe unable] to study scripture for themselves, they buy it.
I dealt with a former Pastor of our church [online] and called him to task for misusing E.G.Whites writings to bolster unbelief in her walk with Christ. When I posted the whole thing, he blocked me from his web site.
If they can't convince or compel [online] they lock us out.
They seem to be saying, 'my mind's made up, don't confuse me with the truth'.
Evil has turned them into bitter enemies of the church, and they are leadings others into how to harden their hearts against the truth.
Posted By: JCS

Re: Mainstream Christians hate the truth...! - 05/05/10 12:17 AM

Sorry Richard for not responding back earlier. I know what you mean about being banned for exposing the truth of things.

I used to post statements regularly on Spectrum. When I started making proofs for a Genesis aged universe I was banned as well.

I thought Spectrum represented Seventh Day Adventist view points till that happened.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church