The 24 Elders

Posted By: Charity

The 24 Elders - 06/09/12 10:41 PM

Here's another Bohr article. This one is on the twenty four elders. It's a very good study: http://secretsunsealed.org/Downloads/24Eldersweb.pdf.

For years I thought the 24 elders were redeemed saints. But Bohr's view is quite convincing. I think he's probably right. Who the 24 are is not a major issue in the big scheme of things but any point of truth helps enlighten us and ground us on the bigger issues of the great controversy. If Bohr is right this gives us a significant insight into the intense interest not only of the angels but of all created intelligences in the plan of salvation. Apparently the unfallen worlds are following the developments here on earth very, very closely.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/09/12 10:52 PM

As you read Bohr's article, notice the issue of who has the rightful dominion of the earth. Bohr makes a good case that Satan claimed the seat Adam lost among the 24 elders and he was allowed to lay claim to that seat for a time. In Job's day, Satan aggressively claimed the right to represent the earth among the sons of God as his dominion. But at the death of Christ Satan was cast out. His fall began before this but his claims of dominion were defeated and Christ's firmly established at the cross.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/10/12 12:14 AM

This suggests that when God is about to act at the watershed points of human/salvation history, He's in the habit of holding a heavenly summit involving the powers of the universe composed of the deity, the cherubim, the seraphim, the representatives of the unfallen worlds, the principalities and powers etc. He is the author of transparency. He wants the universe to know, understand and be actively involved in His government. What an awesome God.

The main issue on the agenda of the heavenly summit in Job's day appears to be Satan's claim to dominion of the earth. Job proved this claim to be untrue but not with flying colors. Could we have done better?

When Ahab was about to be tested, it seems God also called a summit. See I Kings 22.

One of the common denominators of those instances in scripture where we see the Divine court convene is the presence of the four living creatures and the sons of God. Ellen White tells us that the seals and trumpets will be repeated and just before or concurrently it seems to me that heaven's court will sit once again and the final, complete fulfillment of the scenes of Revelation 4, 5, and 8 will take place. So, I'm studying those scenes.
Posted By: Harold Fair

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/10/12 01:46 AM

Revelation 5:7-10 sort of refutes that.
Posted By: jamesonofthunder

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/10/12 02:17 AM

Thank you for that article Brother Mark, I did not know he had completed it. Last time he and I talked about this issue was 10 years ago and he only had his presentation notes for his seminar.

Very well put together, awesome.

But you do know since this refutes what most people think about the 'Son's of God' this is going to be another hotly contended point.

Peace to you Brother in the name of Jesus our second Adam (Son of God).

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/10/12 07:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Harold Fair
Revelation 5:7-10 sort of refutes that.
Harold, in referencing this passage you're referring especially to verse 10 in the KJV where the 24 elders say they have been redeemed? Have a look if you have time at how Bohr answers that objection. It's pretty convincing.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/10/12 07:46 AM

James, I hope this topic is a blessing and not a stumbling block. Thanks and peace. Mark

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/10/12 03:34 PM

I did. I was watching him tell his story about how he believed that those 24 elders were aliens. He stated that he had proof as of the writings of Ellen White. He showed a page from the book, 'Desire of Ages" with the 24 elders underlined with the word, 'aliens' in parens. I had that book right beside me and looked on that page. It was not there. She never mentioned 'aliens'. So, I have to go by the book of Revelation.
Posted By: Johann

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/10/12 11:59 PM

You make an interesting point, Herold. We have alway held that Scripture is the best interpreter of Scripture.

Mark seems to invite us to look somewhere else? I have not checked Bohr yet. I wonder if Mark will be able to convince me I should? Do you think it is worth it, Herold? I have no intention of deviating from Scripture nor the Spirit of Prophecy.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/11/12 02:25 AM

Brother Mark, thank you for your encouragement. It is not a stumbling block for me because the Lord has solidly supported the issue in my heart.

Brother Johann, as a retired pastor you should know who the 24 elders are. Could you give us your input?

Quoting from Pastor Bohr

The Sons of God

Job 1:6, 7:
“Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them. And the Lord said to Satan, "From where do you come?" So Satan answered the Lord and said, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it."

Some very interesting details emerge from these verses:

The sons of God do not always dwell in the presence of God. They came to present themselves on a certain day. This contrasts with the previous verse where we are told that Job offered sacrifices always (Job 1:7).

Satan came among the sons of God. Notice that the text does not say that he came with them. Evidently Satan claimed the right to belong to this select group. What made him feel like he had the right to appear among this select group?

Satan came representing a planet, the earth. Where, then, must the other sons of God have come from? Is it just possible that they also came from other planets?
End quote...

Adam was a "son of God" by creation, the bible says that Jesus "created the worlds" so there is more than just one created place of residence in God's Universe. Every Adventist has had this debate presented to them in their first year of searching the Spirit of Prophecy. It causes me to question the validity of any claim of being a Seventh Day Adventist by this denial of simple truth.

How many Adventists have read in the Spirit of Prophecy that Enoch was seen on an un-fallen world talking with un-fallen created beings?

Then why would anyone in our denomination question weather there must be representatives from those worlds in heaven? Adam was our representative then He fell and Satan took his place. Then Jesus came and became the 'second Adam' to take away earth from Satan.

There is the throne [Revelation 4:2], and around it the rainbow of promise [Revelation 4:3]. There are cherubim and seraphim [Revelation 4:6-8]. The commanders of the angel hosts, the sons of God, the representatives of the unfallen worlds [Revelation 4:4], are assembled. The heavenly council before which Lucifer had accused God and His Son, the representatives of those sinless realms over which Satan had thought to establish his dominion,--all are there to welcome the Redeemer. They are eager to celebrate His triumph and to glorify their King. The Desire of Ages, pp. 833

The 'sons of God' are the representatives of the unfallen worlds and the commanders (Plural) of the angelic hosts just as Jesus is for us.

If you look in Revelation the 24 elders hold the golden bowls filled with the prayers of the saints of their worlds just as Jesus, who became the second Adam, holds the golden censor for our planet.

"And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people." Revelation 5:8

Every planet is interested in our condition for the plan of salvation, the 'Mystery of Godliness' is revealed through us here on planet earth.

[Zechariah 4:11-14 quoted.] These empty themselves into the golden bowls, which represent the hearts of the living messengers of God, who bear the Word of the Lord to the people in warnings and entreaties. {4BC 1180.1}

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/11/12 03:30 PM

I don't remember reading in Revelation that any of the 24 elders were 'sons of God'. I am sure that God has representatives on other worlds that are watching us. That only makes sense. I think our elders would have the prayers of our saints in their bowls to present to God.
I am like someone else on here. It is an interesting study that I am sure has no effect on our salvation. I just like to keep my stories straight.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/12/12 02:34 AM

I am brought up with the understanding that the 24 elders were those who rose up with Christ and went with him to heaven. I see no reason why I should change that now, nor that it has any importance for my salvation.
Posted By: Green Cochoa

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/12/12 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Johann
I am brought up with the understanding that the 24 elders were those who rose up with Christ and went with him to heaven. I see no reason why I should change that now, nor that it has any importance for my salvation.

I fully agree with you, Johann. To my understanding, the 24 elders were representative of the "first fruits" of the earth and are comprised of those whom God has already taken to Heaven.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/12/12 07:05 PM

I like the idea that suggests the 24 elders are compromised of Enoch, Moses, Elijah, and 21 "trophies" raised with Jesus ("They were a few chosen and holy ones who had lived in every age from creation, even down to the days of Christ. . . Those who were resurrected were of different stature and form.") 7 trophies each for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Quote:
Matthew
27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

As Christ arose, He brought from the grave a multitude of captives. The earthquake at His death had rent open their graves, and when He arose, they came forth with Him. They were those who had been co-laborers with God, and who at the cost of their lives had borne testimony to the truth. Now they were to be witnesses for Him who had raised them from the dead. {DA 786.1}

But those who came forth from the grave at Christ's resurrection were raised to everlasting life. They ascended with Him as trophies of His victory over death and the grave. These, said Christ, are no longer the captives of Satan; I have redeemed them. I have brought them from the grave as the first fruits of My power, to be with Me where I am, nevermore to see death or experience sorrow. {DA 786.2}

These went into the city, and appeared unto many, declaring, Christ has risen from the dead, and we be risen with Him. Thus was immortalized the sacred truth of the resurrection. The risen saints bore witness to the truth of the words, "Thy dead men shall live, together with My dead body shall they arise." Their resurrection was an illustration of the fulfillment of the prophecy, "Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead." Isaiah 26:19. {DA 786.3}

He points to the tokens of His triumph; He presents to God the wave sheaf, those raised with Him as representatives of that great multitude who shall come forth from the grave at His second coming. {DA 834.2}

So those who had been raised were to be presented to the universe as a pledge of the resurrection of all who believe in Christ as their personal Saviour. {YI, August 11, 1898 par. 5}

As Christ ascends while in the act of blessing his disciples, an army of angels encircle him as a cloud. Christ takes with him the multitude of captives. He will himself bring to the Father the first-fruits of them that slept, as an evidence that he is conqueror of death and the grave. {YI, August 11, 1898 par. 7}

The captives brought up from the graves at the time of the resurrection of Jesus were his trophies as a conquering Prince. Thus he attested his victory over death and the grave; thus he gave a pledge and an earnest of the resurrection of all the righteous dead. Those who were called from their graves went into the city, and appeared unto many in their resurrected forms, and testified that Jesus had indeed risen from the dead, and that they had risen with him. {3SP 223.1}

It was well known to the priests and rulers that certain persons who were dead had risen at the resurrection of Jesus. Authentic reports were brought to them of different ones who had seen and conversed with these resurrected ones, and heard their testimony that Jesus, the Prince of life, whom the priests and rulers had slain, was risen from the dead. {3SP 223.2}

When Jesus, as he hung upon the cross, cried out, It is finished, the rocks rent, the earth shook, and some of the graves where shaken open; for when Jesus arose from the dead, and conquered death and the grave; when he walked forth from his prison house a triumphant conqueror; while the earth was reeling and shaking, and the excellent glory of heaven clustered around the sacred spot, obedient to his call, many of the righteous dead came forth as witnesses that he had risen. Those favored, resurrected saints came forth glorified. They were a few chosen and holy ones who had lived in every age from creation, even down to the days of Christ. And while the chief priests and Pharisees were seeking to cover up the resurrection of Christ, God chose to bring up a company from their graves to testify that Jesus had risen, and to declare his glory. {1SG 69.1}

Those who were resurrected were of different stature and form. I was informed that the inhabitants of earth had been degenerating, losing their strength and comeliness. Satan has the power of disease and death, and in every age the curse has been more visible, and the power of Satan more plainly seen. Some of those raised were more noble in appearance and form than others. I was informed that those who lived in the days of Noah and Abraham were more like the angels in form, in comeliness and strength. But every generation has been growing weaker, and more subject to disease, and their lives of shorter duration. Satan has been learning how to annoy men, and to enfeeble the race. {1SG 69.2}

Those holy ones who came forth after the resurrection of Jesus appeared unto many, telling them that the sacrifice for man was completed, that Jesus, whom the Jews crucified, had risen from the dead, and added, We be risen with him. They bore testimony that it was by his mighty power that they had been called forth from their graves. Notwithstanding the lying reports circulated, the matter could not be concealed by Satan, his angels, or the chief priests; for this holy company, brought forth from their graves, spread the wonderful, joyful news; also Jesus showed himself unto his sorrowing, heart-broken disciples, dispelling their fears, and causing them gladness and joy. {1SG 70.1}
Posted By: Kevin H

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/12/12 08:10 PM

I found the interpetation that was given in my college "Revelation" class and also given by a professor who is unaware of the first professor when I studied Biblical Geography in Israel the most convincing; Now I don't know if I have all the details correct in my memory but the basics are that it is built on the table of the nations in Genesis, Jethro plan to Moses, the set up of David's government and that it was a common method used in the ancient governments and the ancient understanding of the cosmos and the gods.

They consisted of 70 elders they broke down into three groups of 23 elders, and they with the high priest made 70. When they met the quarm would be 23 elders plus the high priest for 24 elders. These were the king's counsel.

The Sanhedren was based on this. A misunderstanding of the Bible is that the Sanhedren was not able to put people to death. No they could not crucify people for political issues. They were allowed to stone people to death for religious reasons. Pilate and Caiaphas would referr people to each other. If Pilate saw someone who was not really political but religious he would send them to Caiaphas to be stoned and if more political sent to Pilate to be crucified.

An exception is that the understanding of the Biblical text of cursed is anyone who hangs on a tree, was that the Bible was teaching that only peope who were God's enemies were going to hang on a tree, thus Caiaphas would like to send some religious leaders to Pilate so they would hang on the tree, which would ruin the reputation as surely as anything that a religious leader would do to make you think that they were not from God after all but of the devil and make his followers disclaim him.

Now the Pharicees belonged to different schools with different beliefs and tried to be fair in trials but they would end up not focused on the person but on the different side issues (we see Paul taking use of this in his trial pointing to the resurection) The Saducees were just corupt puppets of Rome who only wanted to keep the peace and were willing to be very dishonest about it.

They would meet in a group of 23 saduceeian elders (with the hight priest to make 24 eders) where they would have witnessed that would contridict each other then either take the guy out to stone him or take him to Pilate to crucify him.

Taking all this together basically you have two groups of 12 which are advisors to the king. And as John saw 24 elders give a false testimony about Jesus in Revelation 5 he sees their heavenly counterparts, 24 elders giving the truth about Jesus.

The setting of Revelation 4 and 5 is you have God (with immages for the three aspects of the trinity) on the throne, surrounded by the 24 elders and around them the four living beasts. The four beasts are the four sides of the traveling and camping of the children of Israel during the exodus. The warcamp of Israel. Thus the four living beasts is a symbol of the church of God traveling through the wilderness to the promised land. The 24 elders are the method of communication from the throne of God to his church as we are traveling through the wilderness.

Now can you think of a testimony of two groups of 12 that guide God's church through hstory? The testimony of the 12 tribes and 12 apostels, their testimony which is the Old and New Testaments, the word of God.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/13/12 12:41 AM

Very good, Johann. I have went through all I have of Sister White and can find nothing about any 24 elders of Revelation. It must be under a different heading if there is any. Even just putting down 'elders' gets me nothing about them.
Posted By: gordonb1

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/13/12 01:58 AM

Then about 2000 yrs. old and well-named.

Posted By: Kevin H

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/13/12 09:24 AM

Very good, Johann. I have went through all I have of Sister White and can find nothing about any 24 elders of Revelation. It must be under a different heading if there is any. Even just putting down 'elders' gets me nothing about them.

Even so, Mrs. White's job was to make applications of the Bible to our day, her job was NOT to do exegesis, she said that is our job to do but that people keep wanting her to do it for them. She refused this yet we still use her in this manner.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/13/12 12:57 PM

I don't remember reading in Revelation that any of the 24 elders were 'sons of God'. I am sure that God has representatives on other worlds that are watching us. That only makes sense. I think our elders would have the prayers of our saints in their bowls to present to God.
I am like someone else on here. It is an interesting study that I am sure has no effect on our salvation. I just like to keep my stories straight.

Chapter 4 of Revelation gives us a view of the throne-room of heaven before Jesus came to earth to live the perfect life and the 24 Elders are there. So how could they be from the mini resurrection since in this scene Jesus had not resurrected yet, and since at that point the only ones to make it to heaven were Elijah, Enoch and Moses how could their be 24 of them?

In the next chapter, five, there is no one to break the seals and read the scroll with the seven seals, and the lamb who had been slain appears and is found worthy to take the book. First the 24 elders say "worthy is the lamb" (verses 8-10) then the angels (verse 11,12), THEN the people of the earth (verse 13,14).

Also in chapter five the 24 elders say “Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, 10 and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth.” If the twenty-four elders were from earth would they use the word they or them?

So the 24 Elders were already seen in heaven before Jesus took the sealed book in His hand after His resurrection.

Also if you want to look for the 24 elders in the Spirit of Prophecy, she calls them the 'Elders before the throne'. Or search for "elders beasts".

This is another subject the Spirit of Prophecy does not cover
directly.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/13/12 04:42 PM

You are not reading the first verse of chapter 4. The angel tells John that he will show him things TO COME. Hereafter..Later..In the future..

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/13/12 08:00 PM

No, he says “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” The 'this' event that he's talking about is obviously the opening of the door, opened in heaven when Jesus passed into the Holy place when He ascended to heaven. Then later that door is closed and the most Holy is revealed, standard Adventist 101. The proof that this is the first compartment is the fact that "before the throne were burning seven torches of fire, which are the seven spirits of God" the golden lamp stands which is the Holy not the Most Holy.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/13/12 08:01 PM

You are not reading the first verse of chapter 4. The angel tells John that he will show him things TO COME. Hereafter..Later..In the future..

No, he says "Come up hither, and I will shew thee what it behoveth to come to pass after these things;" (Young's Literal Translation) The 'things' that he's talking about is obviously the opening of the door which comes first. "After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven!"

This opening of the door in heaven is when Jesus came to earth. The scene in the throne-room next in Chapter 5 shows the desperate need for a savior, so it is not future. It shows no one capable of getting the job done until Jesus appearing on the scene, when He ascended to heaven. It is the opening of the door, completed at the moment Jesus was ordained as High Priest in heaven.

Later that door is closed and the most Holy is revealed beginning the judgment, Adventist 101.

The proof, that this is the first compartment, is the fact that "before the throne were burning seven torches of fire, which are the seven spirits of God" (V5). The golden lamp stands are across from God's throne, the Table of Shew-bread, in the Holy Place not the Most Holy.

Chapter 5 talks about the scroll with seven seals then chapter 6 begins the opening of the seals in sequence so the scenes before must occur in order before the opening of the seals which we as Adventists know have been happening for a very long time.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/13/12 10:56 PM

That is why I use the KJV. It clearly says, "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter." Hereafter WHAT? "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." Future. I get the same impression from that text as I do Revelation 11:19. Future.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/14/12 02:07 AM

Herold, As I started looking up your text thinking I had reached Revelation 4, I discovered I was only in 1 John where verse 1 in chapter 4 reads: "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world." Reminds us we are to test for ourselves.

With you I find it difficult not to consider that John is invited to see now what will take place in the future.Through the prophetic reality John is at the present discovering what will take place in the future. It becomes vivid to him at that time.

What a privilege John had to see things the way God sees them. I think a majority of Bible translation agree with the KJV on this point, like the following:

Revelation 4:1 Amplified Bible (AMP)

4 After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice which I had heard addressing me like [the calling of] a [a]war trumpet said, Come up here, and I will show you what must take place in the future.

Revelation 4:1
J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
The vision of Heaven

4 Later I looked again, and before my eyes a door stood open in Heaven, and in my ears was the voice with the ring of a trumpet, which I had heard at first, speaking to me and saying, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen in the future.”

Revelation 4:1 New International Version (NIV)
The Throne in Heaven

4 After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/14/12 03:53 AM

Thank you, Johann. Like you, I don't really believe this subject has much to do with salvation, I just think we should stick to basics and leave the guess work to others.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/14/12 09:00 AM

That is why I use the KJV. It clearly says, "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter." Hereafter WHAT? "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." Future. I get the same impression from that text as I do Revelation 11:19. Future.

Brother, the most common use of this word "hereafter" is "after this moment".

here·af·ter (hîr-ftr)
adv.
1. Immediately following this in time, order, or place; after this.

In the English Standard Version (the version most quoted from by Mrs. White) the verse says “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” which fits with this interpretation.

In that same chapter (4) the four living creatures say “Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!”

This proves that that the Lord has come to earth at this time.

So the prophecy of Rev 4 seeing the open door to the throne room in the Holy Place in heaven, gives the heavenly overview of after Jesus left heaven for earth. Then Rev 5 begins showing the need for Jesus to come, then after Jesus came to earth He was found worthy to take the scroll. After the ordination of Jesus in heaven as High Priest entrance into heaven was assured, so Rev 5 is showing the opening of the door to heaven mentioned at the beginning of rev 4. Then we see the opening of the seals in Rev 6.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/14/12 09:39 AM

Thank you, Johann. Like you, I don't really believe this subject has much to do with salvation, I just think we should stick to basics and leave the guess work to others.

Thank you, Harold. Scripture is given for our edification, and it is alway good to compare Scripture with Scripture. I find it interesting to note how chapter 4 ends:

10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

And then notice how this compares with Rev. 14:6-7:

6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/14/12 04:02 PM

Amen.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/14/12 06:54 PM

Revelation 4 is when Jesus came to earth and the door was open for the Gentiles, "And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles". Acts 14:27 This is the door that was opened in Rev 4.

Revelation 14 is when Jesus entered the most Holy Place to begin judgment and the people of God begin to proclaim the three angels message.

Posted By: kland

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/15/12 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa

I fully agree with you, Johann. To my understanding, the 24 elders were representative of the "first fruits" of the earth and are comprised of those whom God has already taken to Heaven.

I find this very disappointing. And surprised someone would actually admit it.

I have found most of what I was brought up with regarding most anything is wrong. And what is disappointing is for someone to just accept what they've been told, that it must be right without questioning it. Something like, we have Abraham as our forefather, comes to mind... Or, I was born a Republican/Democrat/whatever and I'll die one. Or, My pappy believed this way and if it was good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

Whatever happened to the idea of being able to support what you believe, being able to give a reason for what you believe, rather than, "Well, I've always been told..."

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/15/12 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa

I find this very disappointing. And surprised someone would actually admit it.

I have found most of what I was brought up with regarding most anything is wrong. And what is disappointing is for someone to just accept what they've been told, that it must be right without questioning it. Something like, we have Abraham as our forefather, comes to mind... Or, I was born a Republican/Democrat/whatever and I'll die one. Or, My pappy believed this way and if it was good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

Whatever happened to the idea of being able to support what you believe, being able to give a reason for what you believe, rather than, "Well, I've always been told..."

Well, but at least one has to find something that seems better before discarding what one has. I do not believe in changing opinions just because of the novelty.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/16/12 05:41 AM

Johann, who is our high priest in heaven? It is Jesus correct?

Did He serve as High Priest before He came to earth? No He didn't.

The position of High Priest is the connection between The Father and us. So this position must have been filled by someone before Adam fell correct? Because Adam had access and had not fallen is the proof that this is what is required to enter, or even for our prayers to reach the ears of the Father, who is solely responsible for every answer to prayer. Even Jesus prays to HIM.

Why was Jesus called the second Adam? Because Adam filled the position of High Priest for our world until he fell and Satan took over this planet as lord of this world. It was not Satan's intention to fill the position but to destroy the connection. Jesus came to restore the connection.

Just as every family has a father as priest, even so every one of the created worlds has a High Priest.

Jesus holds the Golden Censor through which our prayers ascend to God for our world now. But who holds the golden censor for the other worlds? The 24 elders hold the golden censors for their worlds. Rev 5:8 "the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints."

If the unfallen worlds are just that, unfallen, then there would be a lot more prayers from their behalf, and they pray for us. We are on stage for them to judge the glory of the Lord through us. Our lives reveal the glory of the Lord to them. They can see Him through His children so it become self evident from an unfallen perspective.

How else could it be?

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/16/12 08:19 AM

The creator God Elohim, loved us so much, He let His only begotten Son Jesus come fill the position that Adam, the created son, left at his fall. But in the re-creation, Jesus brings even more grace to the created because He is part of the race. He is the promised seed.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/16/12 08:47 AM

Jesus; the seed that was cast through the eastern Gate of the Heavenly Jerusalem, from Eden. The promised seed from Paradise to replenish the earth.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/16/12 09:07 AM

One more point, the reason the ceremonial system was necessary before Jesus came was exactly because of this point. Jesus had not yet come to begin his trial as a man. He had not yet ascended as a perfect example of us, having given His life a ransom, not yet. So the system of example must be implemented to prophesy, exemplify, and enunciate the intent of the mission of Christ to be able to bring the minds of men to the temple! To see the propitiation for sins is essential to true repentance, every aspect of the ceremonial system has import to the true worship of Christ.

Ask yourself, "where in my devotion do I place my hands on the head to confess my sins?" In the ceremonial system you brought your sacrifice to the 'eastern' vale or gate of the inner court, of which the high priest was the holder of the key. Where in my meditation do I go for this?

You would bring the sacrifice to the hands of the officiating priest and he would lay your hands on its head, and you would confess before God what you had done, then he would hand you the knife, and you would cut the throat. How many see each sin in this light? Then the work would be out of your hands but your heart must follow the sacrifice to the Brazen or Miphkad altar, depending on the Sacrifice, the blood being sprinkled at various places for each sacrifice also. Then at Atonement your heart should remember the forgiveness you received at the expense of the sacrifices offered, to see the Atonement.

Since we are in the last days of the Atonement before the close of probation, this should be a very important part of our devotional mindset.

Re: The 24 Elders - 06/16/12 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder

If the unfallen worlds are just that, unfallen, then there would be a lot more prayers from their behalf, and they pray for us. We are on stage for them to judge the glory of the Lord through us. Our lives reveal the glory of the Lord to them. They can see Him through His children so it become self evident from an unfallen perspective.

1 Peter 1:10 "Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours, searched and inquired carefully, 11 inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories. 12 It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church