The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation

Posted By: Charity

The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/18/12 01:34 PM

Quote:
The time of God's destructive judgments is the time of mercy for those who have no opportunity to learn what is truth. Tenderly will the Lord look upon them. His heart of mercy is touched; His hand is still stretched out to save, while the door is closed to those who would not enter. Large numbers will be admitted who in these last days hear the truth for the first time.--Letter 103, 1903, p. 4.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/18/12 01:54 PM

Because Ellen White re-applies the seals, trumpets, etc to the future, I’ve been studying the introductory scenes of the seven seals, trumpets, thunders, plagues and three angel’s messages. All of the introductory scenes leading up to them – Rev 4 and 5, Rev 8, first part, Rev 10 and the first part of 11, Revelation 14:1-5 and Rev. 15 - appear to cover the same future event – the re-commissioning and empowerment of the church. In all five scenes the saints are pictured as being before the throne. In Revelation 4 and 5 they are ordained as priests and kings. In Revelation 8, the first part, coals of fire are taken from the altar and cast on the earth, a symbol of the cleansing and empowering work of the Holy Spirit on the earnestly praying saints. In Revelation 10 and 11 John, a symbol of the remnant church is re-commissioned to ‘rise and measure’ it [the temple] and the two witnesses are empowered to bear they testimony once again and empowered even to the point of calling down plagues and judgments. In Rev 14 the saints are pictured as sealed with the Father’s name in their foreheads and immediately after the three angel’s messages are given. In Revelation 15 the saints are again pictured as standing on the sea of glass singing the song of Moses and the Lamb. In three of the five scenes there is rapturous singing.

Throughout most of her ministry, Ellen White stressed the point that all those who will participate in the Latter Rain must first be sealed. One of the main scriptures supporting her position is the introductory scene of Revelation 14 where the saints are sealed and then the three messages are given. Here's one of her statements:

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/18/12 02:12 PM

Quote:
I saw that many were neglecting the preparation so needful and were looking to the time of "refreshing" and the "latter rain" to fit them to stand in the day of the Lord and to live in His sight. Oh, how many I saw in the time of trouble without a shelter! They had neglected the needful preparation; therefore they could not receive the refreshing that all must have to fit them to live in the sight of a holy God. [The ‘refreshing’ falls immediately after a time of intense testing (see The Shaking vision in EW) but those who fail the test and are unsealed cannot receive it. Their probation is closed.]

Those who refuse to be hewed by the prophets and fail to purify their souls in obeying the whole truth, and who are willing to believe that their condition is far better than it really is, will come up to the time of the falling of the plagues, and then see that they needed to be hewed and squared for the building. [How can anyone come to the plagues and be surprised to learn they are not ready? By assuming they have more time and not recognizing the current tests of faith in their lives.] But there will be no time then to do it and no Mediator to plead their cause before the Father. Before this time the awfully solemn declaration has gone forth, "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." I saw that none could share the "refreshing" unless they obtain the victory over every besetment, [Again she says this repeatedly: we must be sealed to receive the latter rain but in order to be sealed we must have complete victory.] over pride, selfishness, love of the world, and over every wrong word and action. We should, therefore, be drawing nearer and nearer to the Lord and be earnestly seeking that preparation necessary to enable us to stand in the battle in the day of the Lord. [This battle is Armageddon and it is in this emergency that the Holy Spirit is poured out.] Let all remember that God is holy and that none but holy beings can ever dwell in His presence.{EW 72}

The angel, the mighty angel from heaven, is to lighten the earth with his glory, while he cries mightily with a loud voice, "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen" (Rev. 18:2). . . . The battle of Armageddon will be fought, and that day must find none of us sleeping. Wide-awake we must be, as wise virgins having oil in our vessels with our lamps. What is this? Grace, Grace. {14MR 286.3}
Posted By: gordonb1

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/18/12 05:24 PM

Thanks Mark, this is a good reminder.

While it must be true, scripturally and legally, it's a very straight message.
It would be laughed to scorn (either publicly or privately) in perhaps every church I know. Less so twenty years ago.

Few church officers or pastors share this with the people, or demonstrate their allegiance to such sobering truths.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/19/12 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By: gordonb1

Thanks Mark, this is a good reminder.

While it must be true, scripturally and legally, it's a very straight message. . .

Very true.

Those introductory scenes are there to show us not only the empowerment of the recommissioned church but the judgment/refinement of it in various figures. Ezekiel 8-11 give us the overall relationship between the sealing and the judgment of the corporate body, spiritual Israel while Malachi 3 sums up the results:
Quote:
The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
Mal 3:3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
Mal 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/19/12 12:00 PM

If these images aren't enough, the Lord through Ellen White pictures the sealing as a covering being drawn over the unprotected heads of God's people. This agrees with the shelter imagery of the sanctuary in scripture. Those who enter the sanctuary by faith enter the divine shelter.

In the first 11 chapters of Ezekiel we see the presence of God being withdrawn from the literal sanctuary of Israel and God enters into judgment with them. It was shortly after Ezekiel's visions that Jerusalem was besieged again and the city and temple totally destroyed. God makes no idle threats.

But in the last 8 chapters of the same book all of Israel's 12 spiritual tribes return and find shelter within a new, enlarged inner court and temple gates both of which have the protecting blood on their posts. Those who are sealed in the first vision, chapters 9-11 find refuge here. The reforms made in the rules of service and ministry of the new structure point to this temple as the temple of the sealed. The church is sealed and protected by the blood on the posts.

It's during the plagues that this imagery will become reality. The Exodus deliverance by the blood on the posts will be repeated. Friends, we need to be prepared. The final plagues will fall sooner than we think. The scripture says the Lord will suddenly come to His temple.
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/19/12 07:03 PM

"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter." Rev 4:1.

1. "After this . . ." That is, after the Laodicean's overcome as Jesus overcame and buy the gold, white raiment, and eyesalve? If so, then it means the balance of the Revelation unfolds after it happens which, as of today, is yet future.

2. "I will show thee things which must be hereafter." That is, after Laodicean's overcome as Jesus overcame and buy the gold, white raiment, and eyesalve? If so, then it means the balance of the Revelation unfolds after it happens which, as of today, is yet future.

PS - Of course, "after this" and "hereafter" can simply mean after what John saw initially he was shown more insights, things that would begin to unfold from his day onward until Jesus ends the great controversy and restores paradise lost.
Posted By: jamesonofthunder

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/20/12 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Quote:
The time of God's destructive judgments is the time of mercy for those who have no opportunity to learn what is truth. Tenderly will the Lord look upon them. His heart of mercy is touched; His hand is still stretched out to save, while the door is closed to those who would not enter. Large numbers will be admitted who in these last days hear the truth for the first time.--Letter 103, 1903, p. 4.

Brother Mark! I have been looking for this quote for years. I had read it when I first became an Adventist 17 years ago.

This is the close of probation for the Seventh Day Adventist Church and the fallen churches.

The destructive judgments come before the Seven Last plagues. These judgments are the reason the wicked become enraged against the people of God, thinking they are the cause.

The time of the end of Judgment for those who claim to be following Christ especially includes those inside the Seventh Day Adventist Church.

"In the typical service only those who had come before God with confession and repentance, and whose sins, through the blood of the sin offering, were transferred to the sanctuary, had a part in the service of the Day of Atonement. So in the great day of final atonement and investigative judgment the only cases considered are those of the professed people of God. The judgment of the wicked is a distinct and separate work, and takes place at a later period. “Judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel?” 1 Peter 4:17. {GC 480.1}

So we are judged first and sealed, then when the final prophetic events take place and the Later Rain is falling, the 144,000 will cry with a loud voice and this WILL HAVE EFFECT. They will lead a Vast Multitude out of darkness while everyone else is stirred against them by the devices of Satan.

'Kill old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women, but touch no one on whom is the mark. And begin at my sanctuary.” So they began with the elders who were before the house.' Ezekiel 9:6

The 'Elders before the house' are the Seventh Day Adventist Church. We are the Sanctuary Message People.

Your quote inspired me Brother Mark, thank you.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/20/12 05:33 PM

New Converts Will Take the Places of Those Who Leave

Some had been shaken out and left by the way. The careless and indifferent, who did not join with those who prized victory and salvation enough to perseveringly plead and agonize for it, did not obtain it, and they were left behind in darkness, and their places were immediately filled by others taking hold of the truth and coming into the ranks.--EW 271 (1858). {LDE 182.1}

The broken ranks will be filled up by those represented by Christ as coming in at the eleventh hour. There are many with whom the Spirit of God is striving. The time of God's destructive judgments is the time of mercy for those who [now] have no opportunity to learn what is truth. Tenderly will the Lord look upon them. His heart of mercy is touched, His hand is still stretched out to save, while the door is closed to those who would not enter. Large numbers will be admitted who in these last days hear the truth for the first time.--Letter 103, 1903. {LDE 182.2}

Standard after standard was left to trail in the dust as company after company from the Lord's army joined the foe and tribe after tribe from the ranks of the enemy united with the commandment-keeping people of God.--8T 41 (1904). {LDE 182.3}

As the storm approaches, a large class who have professed faith in the third angel's message, but have not been sanctified through obedience to the truth, abandon their position and join the ranks of the opposition. By uniting with the world and partaking of its spirit, they have come to view matters in nearly the same light; and when the test is brought, they are prepared to choose the easy, popular side. Men of talent and pleasing address, who once rejoiced in the truth, employ their powers to deceive and mislead souls. They become the most bitter enemies of their former brethren. When Sabbathkeepers are brought before the courts to answer for their faith, these apostates are the most efficient agents of Satan to misrepresent and accuse them, and by false reports and insinuations to stir up the rulers against them. {GC 608.2}

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/20/12 08:46 PM

Exactly Brother M&M, and check out what causes them to leave...

‘The forms of the dead will appear, through the cunning device of Satan, and many will link up with the one who loveth and maketh a lie. I warn our people that right among us some will turn away from the faith and give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils, and by them the truth will be evil spoken of.’ {LDE 171.1}

“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.” 1 Timothy 4:1. Satan will work “with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness.” And all that “received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved,” will be left to accept “strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.” 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11. When this state of ungodliness shall be reached, the same results will follow as in the first centuries. {GC 444.1}

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/21/12 03:33 AM

Yikes! I dread the day evil angels approach me impersonating loved ones, holy angels, famous Bible characters, etc. I trust Jesus will protect me so long as I strive to abide in Him and uphold the 3AMs.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/21/12 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Yikes! I dread the day evil angels approach me impersonating loved ones, holy angels, famous Bible characters, etc. I trust Jesus will protect me so long as I strive to abide in Him and uphold the 3AMs.

This is why this message is so important. If we have faith that God is with us and has warned us ahead of time through scripture and the Spirit of Prophecy, it will be manifested in taking a step of faith to warn others. So this message is also a test of God's people in these last days.

Do you really believe the Spirit of Prophecy is from God? If you do, then you will warn others before this happens. If you don't, you will keep it to yourself until it happens and then you will be ashamed.

"I saw that the Lord has given the world opportunity to discover the snare." {EW 89.1} (concerning demonic apparitions, Satan appearing as an angel of light in the form of a man that the whole world looked up to in reverence, heading with "lightning speed to PERDITION". The eighth King)

I tell you what, this message has been very effective in getting the attention of new converts. Several of the people God has led me to share this with have been or are wanting baptism.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/21/12 06:06 PM

This is what will happen if we do not share this information;

"If we neglect these opportunities, the time will come when there will be spoken to us by those we have not warned, words of reproach and bitterness: “You knew of these terrible judgments that were coming. We were associated together, but you did not tell us. Why did you not warn us, that we might have escaped?” May God help us that we may not have upon our garments, because of our neglect, the blood of souls!" {RH August 15, 1907, Art. A, par. 14}

And if we completely neglect this message, at the second resurrection, this will be our curse.

"Presently an angel bade me rise, and the sight that met my eyes can hardly be described. Before me was a company whose hair and garments were torn, and whose countenances were the very picture of despair and horror. They came close to me, and rubbed their garments upon mine. As I looked at my garments, I saw that they were stained with blood. Again I fell like one dead, at the feet of my accompanying angel. I could not plead one excuse, and longed to be away from that holy place. {CET 79.2}
The angel raised me to my feet, and said: “This is not your case now, but this scene has passed before you to let you know what your situation must be if you neglect to declare to others what the Lord has revealed to you. But if you are faithful to the end, you shall eat of the tree of life, and shall drink of the river of the water of life. You will have to suffer much, but the grace of God is sufficient.” {CET 79.3}
I then felt willing to do all that the Lord might require me to do, that I might have His approbation, and not feel His dreadful frown." {CET 80.1}

This scene is the second resurrection, the wicked sweat blood just as Jesus did in Gethsemane. Their blood will be upon your head if you do not warn the people.

Now, go warn the church and your friends and family so they will see the fulfillment of prophecy and glorify God when this happens.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/21/12 06:53 PM

True. Nowadays many, so many, SDAs seem to be ignorant of the ABCs of Christianity let alone details regarding the future work of demons to deceive, if possible, the very elect. I suspect turning them on to "Steps to Christ" would prove more important than asking them to focus of the fact evil angels will work to deceive them later on. I have found that most Laodiceans think they are savvy to Satan's subtleties and dismiss it as child's play or pertaining to uninformed non-SDAs.

Quote:
Many will look away from present duties, present comfort and blessings, and be borrowing trouble in regard to the future crisis. This will be making a time of trouble beforehand, and we will receive no grace for any such anticipated troubles.--3SM 383, 384 (1884). {LDE 17.3}

There is a time of trouble coming to the people of God, but we are not to keep that constantly before the people and rein them up to have a time of trouble beforehand. There is to be a shaking among God's people, but this is not the present truth to carry to the churches.--1SM 180 (1890). {LDE 17.4}

Many fix their eyes upon the terrible wickedness existing around them, the apostasy and weakness on every side, and they talk of these things until their hearts are filled with sadness and doubt. They keep uppermost before the mind the masterly working of the archdeceiver and dwell upon the discouraging features of their experience, while they seem to lose sight of the heavenly Father's power and His matchless love. All this is as Satan would have it. It is a mistake to think of the enemy of righteousness as clothed with so great power, when we dwell so little upon the love of God and His might. We must talk of the mightiness of Christ. We are utterly powerless to rescue ourselves from the grasp of Satan; but God has appointed a way of escape. The Son of the Highest has strength to fight the battle for us, and "through Him that loved us" we may come off "more than conquerors." {CCh 79.3}

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/21/12 10:27 PM

I hope you saw the fact that these are converts I was talking about, so they have already received the truth of our Faith and received Jesus. Yes, Steps to Christ is one of the wonderful tools to get them there. I also like Joe Crews booklet "The High Cost of the Cross".

I only share these deeper things to those who are asking questions about the Beast etc. So out of the hundreds of people who God has brought in my path, inspired by Jesus and our faith, maybe 3 dozen have got to the point of accepting the Spirit of Prophecy through the efforts God had inspired me to pursue. And out of them I have noticed the ones who accept what God has shown me, in concert with the Spirit of Prophecy, are the ones most earnestly desiring to be baptized and find truth.

Mountain Man, it is a wicked thing to act like you are agreeing with someone just to set them up to be slammed on. Why do you persist on being this way?

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/21/12 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Mountain Man

[quote]
There is a time of trouble coming to the people of God, but we are not to keep that constantly before the people and rein them up to have a time of trouble beforehand. There is to be a shaking among God's people, but this is not the present truth to carry to the churches.--1SM 180 (1890). {LDE 17.4}

This quote was written in 1890 not 2012, the 'little time of trouble' has begun, so it is present truth.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/22/12 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder

This quote was written in 1890 not 2012, the 'little time of trouble' has begun, so it is present truth.

James, you've said this began at 9/11/01, is that right? Or was it the financial meltdown of 2008?

I have a few thoughts on the former. Before I do, can you share again why you think the judgment of the living started in 2001? What's the connection between 9/11 and the judgment?

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/23/12 06:26 PM

Brother Mark,

as you know my friend, on Sept 11, 2001 I was given a vision at the moment the second jet hit World Trade Center, tower 2. In the vision I was looking to Jesus and saw Him standing in the throne room, looking to the Father, pleading with Him, saying that His servants were not sealed, and asking for the Father to hold the four winds, exactly like Revelation chapter 7 verses 1-4 and Mrs Whites vision of the 'Four Winds'. The implications of this are that the angels had orders to let go of the Four Winds at that moment, but the living Saints were not yet sealed. This would mean that the Judgment of these saints would have to be after this period of time.

After the awesome spectacle had settled firmly into my mind, the Holy Spirit sent me on a journey of discovery and I found so many quotes in the Spirit of Prophecy that pointed to the fact that this is biblical. In the proof were many references to the judgment of the professed people of God, and where this would be in the scope of end time events. The proofs showed, we were in the time of the sixth king, John Paul II, the one who 'is' (was) alive during this event when the judgment of the living professed church began. Rev 17:1 “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who is seated on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and with the wine of whose fornication the dwellers on earth have become drunk.” Rev 17:10 'they are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does come he must remain only a little while.' The one who 'is' was the sixth king, John Paul II who was at the end of His pontificate when Sept 11 happened.

I immediately started looking for proof that 9/11 was this starting point and found so much evidence that God provided for us, to know that this was the event we were to witness when the winds of strife were loosened.

‘How comes the word that I have declared that New York is to be swept away by a tidal wave? This I have never said. I have said, as I looked at the great buildings going up there, story after story, “What terrible scenes will take place when the Lord shall arise to shake terribly the earth! Then the words of Revelation 18:1-3 will be fulfilled.” The whole of the eighteenth chapter of Revelation is a warning of what is coming on the earth. But I have no light in particular in regard to what is coming on New York, only that I know that one day the great buildings there will be thrown down by the turning and overturning of God's power. From the light given me, I know that destruction is in the world. One word from the Lord, one touch of his mighty power, and these massive structures will fall. Scenes will take place the fearfulness of which we can not imagine.’
{Review and Herald, July 5, 1906}

When looking at this whole quote it’s easy to see important elements that would be missed in the condenced Last Day Events version. In this, the first statement written about 9/11, written July 5, 1906, we find four important points to explore;

First; she was addressing false statements claiming she predicted New York was to be "destroyed by a tidal wave".

She obviously had commented to someone about an earlier impression, concerning New York's buildings falling down before the fulfillment of Revelation Chapter 18. She was shown a connection, it just wasn't the same as that quoted her from others. In other words, she saw the buildings thrown down, but didn't see "in particular ... what is coming" to do the work. Since we find in the quoted text, Revelation 18; 21 ‘And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, “Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all”.’ It is easy to see how someone could have drawn the conclusion of a tidal wave, but it was the wrong conclusion. She didn’t see exactly what was going to cause the destruction.

Second; it was in New York that she was looking at the buildings going up saying “what terrible scenes will take place when the Lord shall arise to shake terribly the earth”. This is to say, when the buildings would be “thrown down”, the event would be a signal that the ‘shaking’ would intensify, and everything that can be shaken will be shaken. “For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, surely in that day there shall be a great shaking...” Ezekiel 38:19.

The Mighty Shaking of the church occurs just before the outpouring of the Later Rain.

‘I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen and was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the True Witness of the Laodiceans. My attention was then turned to the company I had seen who were mightily shaken. . . . The company of guardian angels around them had been doubled, and they were clothed with an armor from their head to their feet. . . . I heard those clothed with the armor speak forth the truth with great power. It had effect....I asked what had made this great change. An angel answered, "It is the latter rain, the refreshing from the presence of the Lord, the loud cry of the third angel”.’ Maranatha, Page 202

Notice how the 'Shaking' precedes the 'Loud Cry of the Third Angels Message' in this quote from the Spirit of Prophecy?

What does the destruction of the buildings in New York have to do with the third angel’s message? It has everything to do with it, as will be soon shown.

Third; As shown by the second point, the "mighty shaking" precedes the "loud cry of the third angel’s message". This first New York vision also supports this bridge between these two events, where she recorded that after the shaking, “then the words of Revelation 18:1-3 will be fulfilled.”

Rev 18 is called 'the loud cry of the three angels message', quoted here ...

1: ‘After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven. He had great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his splendor.

2: With a mighty voice he shouted: "Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great! She has become inhabited by demons and a haunt for every evil spirit, a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird. (connected to The Eighth King vision)

3For all the nations have drunk the maddening wine of her adulteries. The kings of the earth committed adultery with her, and the merchants of the earth (world trade center) grew rich from her excessive luxuries".’ Revelation 18; 1-3.

This is the amplified version of the "three angels message" which was originally proclaimed in Revelation 14 without the mention of demonic apparitions. The original message began back in the days of the pioneers of the 1844 advent movement, but the amplified version occurs after the shaking of God’s remnant people.

Mrs. White illustrated the swelling of the third angels message between the time period of Revelation 14; 9 and Revelation 18; 1-3 in an article printed in ‘The Gospel Herald’ and concluded with this statement;

“We are in danger of giving this message in so indefinite a manner that it does not impress the people. . . . Our warfare is aggressive. Tremendous issues are before us, yea, and right upon us. Let our prayers ascend to God that the four angels may be commissioned to hold the four winds, (see intro) that they may not blow to injure or destroy until the last warning has been given to the world.” The Gospel Herald, March 1, 1900, paragraph 4.

The fourth point; is there any significance to the words chosen when she stated these will be ‘thrown down by the turning and overturning of God’s power’?

I was led to scripture for the answer; it is found in Judges 7:13. "And when Gideon had (secretly) come, there was a (Midianite) man telling a dream to his companion. He said, “I have had a dream: To my surprise, a loaf of barley bread tumbled into the camp of Midian; it came to a tent and struck it so that it fell and overturned, and the tent collapsed”.

In the very next chapter of Judges, verse 17 we find the fulfillment of the dream;

"...then he (Gideon) tore down the tower of Penuel and killed the men of the city."

The tower wasn’t in the camp of the Midianites where Gideon went to battle that night, it was in the city of Penuel who had sympathetic relations with the tribes of Midian and denied the sword of the Lord and Gideon, not providing support for God's army. The Barley loaf rolled through the camp of Midian, and struck the tower of the traitors in Penuel!

The towers of New York were not in ‘Babylon’ for we know that term scripturally is mainly used for the Papacy and the fallen churches, but they stood in a town highly controlled by and sympathetic to the Harlot of Rome, full of the 'daughters' or fallen churches that adhere to her doctrines and fornicate with the kings of the earth.

Saint Peters Cathedral, the oldest Catholic parish in New York (cornerstone laid in 1786) was in the shadow of the World Trade Center, the only building not completely destroyed on that block, was only slightly damaged by the landing gear of one of the jets which fell through the roof and landed before their altar. The strongest representatives for the Papacy in America are in the Archdiocese of New York, and the last Archbishop of New York, Cardinal ‘O Connor, orchestrated the ecumenical movement uniting the Lutheran and Evangelical Protestants with the Papacy.

(See. http://www.leaderu.com/ect/ectmenu.html, http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontif...aration_en.html )

This Ecumenical agreement was the beginning of the fulfillment of this writing from the Spirit of Prophecy;

‘When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near.’
{Testimonies for the Church, Volume Five, page 451, paragraph 1, Chapter Title: The Coming Crisis}

Here’s food for thought. The ‘tower’ of Penuel was built on the place that Jacob had wrestled with the LORD and said “I have seen God face to face”, Penuel means ‘Face of God’. This was the time of Jacobs trouble.

The whole story of Gideon and the army that God called to destroy His enemies is full of end time imagery. So full in fact one could write a whole book on the parallels between Gideon’s Army and the 144,000. Just a few will be addressed here.

What was the sign that God gave Gideon as to who He wanted in His army? “Everyone who laps from the water with his tongue, as a dog laps, you shall set apart by himself” (Judges 7; 5). the 300 have the same characteristics as the 144,000. In the same respect, those that God wants in His end time army also have the character of the Canaanite woman in Matthew 15; 21-28. who after pursuing the LORD relentlessly and being tested by Him then answered…“Yes Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.” Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith!” They understand that they are dust and have nothing to lose but everything to gain, full of faith.

What 3 instruments did Gideon give to the 300 men?

1. A trumpet; warning of the end of judgment.

2. A potters vessel; that they were to smash as in Isaiah 30; 14. This signifies the professed church having been judged. Isaiah 30 also was quoted to Mrs. White in the next vision about New York.

3. And lamps; like the five wise virgins who have an extra measure of oil and awake from their slumber (see; Red Heifer vision) full of the Holy Spirit.

They even pursued their enemies to the river Jordon, which is a symbol for death.

There is much more evidence see full article for more information... http://godheldthefourwinds.blogspot.com/2011/12/911-god-held-four-wiinds.html

Thanks Brother Mark.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/23/12 07:44 PM

Also in answer to your question Brother Mark, the financial meltdown of 2008 with the bailout of the banks (TARP), is a result of the Harlot fornicating with the kings of the earth. "There will be a national apostasy, which will end only in national ruin." —Manuscript 51, 1899. {Ev 235.1}

We will discover that the Papacy has orchestrated this financial catastrophe through the financial advising that her Jesuit counselors have advocated. Why would the pope issue his "Charity in Truth" encyclical in the middle of this crisis, advocating a world wide banking system and giving the UN more power, if it wasn't a preconceived notion?

She is flexing her muscle so to speak. Occupy Wall-street is also one of her tactics.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/24/12 01:21 AM

Why would the pope issue his "Charity in Truth" encyclical in the middle of this crisis, advocating a world wide banking system and giving the UN more power, if it wasn't a preconceived notion?
The financial meltdown of 2008 was a home grown crisis and we're not out of the woods yet. The Papacy can clearly see an opportunity to extend it's influence here and it will do that 'for the global good'. Economists since 2008 have predicted that the fall-out from the sub-prime crises will come in two stages and it appears we may be just entering the second, more severe stage. The nations are perplexed and on edge as they look into this economic black hole of default on national debt on a global scale. If I remember right, Germany defaulted on the international reparations imposed on it after WW I and this was a contributing cause of WW II. The imposition of severe austerity measures in Germany necessitated by harsh international reparation terms stoked the fires of misguided nationalism and helped cultivate the ground for the seeds of bigotry and fierce Arianism sown by the National Socialist propaganda machine. When a people feel oppressed by outsiders they tend to band together.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/24/12 01:31 AM

And when a people such as the Arabs feel that part of their group - the Palestinians - is being oppressed we'll see the same results - banding together.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/24/12 02:39 AM

One of the main reasons Muslims, ancient and modern, view western Christianity as an evil is that in it's current popular form it is. The spirit of the Protestant reformers is languishing and the Law of God is made void by the rules of men. The majority of the Protestant denominations sanction homosexuality and abortion. Few honor the Sabbath and few Sunday worshipers keep that day holy. The US as a nation is divided along political lines that pit the rich and poor against one another and the gap between the two is growing quickly.

Imagine yourself back at 9/11 and pointing these things out to your fellow, church-going Americans and making the connection between 9/11 and the removal of God's protection because of the idolatry and infidelity of Americans, especially of the Protestant and Catholic denominations. Not an easy message to deliver. But this is where Adventists have dropped the ball repeatedly. Katrina, 9/11 etc are divine wake-up calls. But especially 9/11.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/24/12 02:41 AM

"The financial meltdown of 2008 was a home grown crisis..."

Brother Mark, if you want to know who was behind the "Sub-prime Mortgage Crisis" do a little investigating.

Why did the US government under the direction of the Federal Reserve give $60 Billion dollars (just to start) to JP Morgan to help bailout Bear Sterns, who was absorbed by JP Morgan?

After you wrap your mind around that, why was JP Morgan just implicated in the Vati-leaks scandal as laundering money through the Vatican Bank?

Citigroup and Morgan Stanley also laundered money through the bank. All told that represents half of the losses America went through in the bailout.

WHY ARE THEY LAUNDERING STOLEN U.S. MONEY THROUGH THE VATICAN BANK?

They are responsible!

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/24/12 02:57 AM

So, brothers and sisters, I submit for your consideration the possibility that on 9/11 God began judging western Christendom; that in the same way that God gradually removed His protection from ancient Israel during Ezekiel's lifetime because of their failure to repent of their back-slidings that God is indeed judging Protestant America. The imagery for the judgment in Ezekiel's day is found in Ezekiel 9-11 (is this a co-incidence?) where the glory of God is withdrawn from the temple even while the faithful are being sealed and judgments are falling on the ancient men, the spiritual leaders of the apostate nation. We should be asking ourselves, Are we among those spiritual leaders or are we among those that sigh and cry for the infidelity all around us?

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/24/12 03:10 AM

"The financial meltdown of 2008 was a home grown crisis..."

Brother Mark, if you want to know who was behind the "Sub-prime Mortgage Crisis" do a little investigating.

Why did the US government under the direction of the Federal Reserve give $60 Billion dollars (just to start) to JP Morgan to help bailout Bear Sterns, who was absorbed by JP Morgan?

After you wrap your mind around that, why was JP Morgan just implicated in the Vati-leaks scandal as laundering money through the Vatican Bank?

Citigroup and Morgan Stanley also laundered money through the bank. All told that represents half of the losses America went through in the bailout.

WHY ARE THEY LAUNDERING STOLEN U.S. MONEY THROUGH THE VATICAN BANK?

They are responsible!
That may all be true. I don't know first hand. I'm only saying that the sub-prime crises itself was caused by the greed of American businessmen and shareholders and average citizens who put their own interests ahead of the interests of others.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/24/12 03:46 AM

Exactly, which is the theme of Benedict 16's last Encyclical "Charity in Truth" and the Occupy Wall Street crowd, which has been funded by radical Catholics.

If influence is put on lending institutions to make housing available to high risk borrowers and the money is made available, it is easy to blame the greedy middle men, but the intention was for the loans to fail in the first place. This is easy to sell to greedy men but someone had to put the pressure for the deregulation of banks, etc.

The Papal government is outwardly calling for the redistribution of the wealth of the world, and has been for decades and no one seems to think this might be the influence that worldly powers are listening to.

The Catholic Church has the motive of conquering the world, and no one seems to notice their influence even though they publicly declare their intentions through encyclicals and books. The Vatican has millions of devoted followers willing to do their bidding and millions of others willing to get into bed with them for the benefits. These are they the pope uses to do his will.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/25/12 05:16 AM

Man, the temptations have been strong lately Brother Mark.

I love the Lord with all my soul. I love the church as myself.

That said; I loved music more than anything before Jesus got through to my heart. I have traveled the world as a musician and now all my old Rock and Roll friends have been calling trying to get me to come out of retirement, and it is such a strong temptation. The money, the attention, the flattery.

In the church many treat me as an enemy, and I am continually under attack.

To the world of music I am treated as a hero, even after being retired so long. How hard is it to come to church when men look at me with hate and contempt, but when I get on stage men want to be my friend. It is a world of emotion that when I enter, washes over me full of memories.

To slip once... I cannot go back.

The scary thing is my Adventist wife encourages my friends to ask me to play, she likes the attention I get there.

I want the company of Christian friends, but because of the claims God has encouraged me to make many will not come near. The friends I do have in the church are all around the country so I spend a lot of time on the phone but it is not the same.

I am not strong enough on my own Lord, please help me. Pray for me Brother.

Peace in the name of Jesus.
Posted By: APL

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/25/12 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: jsot
Man, the temptations have been strong lately Brother Mark.

I love the Lord with all my soul. I love the church as myself.

That said; I loved music more than anything before Jesus got through to my heart. I have traveled the world as a musician and now all my old Rock and Roll friends have been calling trying to get me to come out of retirement, and it is such a strong temptation. The money, the attention, the flattery.

In the church many treat me as an enemy, and I am continually under attack.
You love the Lord, you love the church. Do you love your neighbor as yourself?

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/25/12 11:43 AM

I am not strong enough on my own Lord, please help me. Pray for me Brother.
You're in my prayers.
Quote:
Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Eph 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Thank you so much for your prayers. Mark

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/25/12 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: APL

What should I say to this? God help me.

Since I retired from music, that is exactly what I have been doing, God has asked me to spend all day every day helping people who cannot help themselves. including personal cares for the disabled.

My wife thinks I give too much. God loves people through me very much, even those who outwardly hate me I spend hours praying for them. So yes, I do love my neighbor as a child of my God and as such they get my full attention. Especially those who cannot defend themselves.

If I didn't love even those who hate me would I continually strive to help the abusers understand the love and messages God has given me?

(Brother Mark, thank you!)

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/26/12 01:17 AM

What should I say to this? God help me.

Since I retired from music, that is exactly what I have been doing, God has asked me to spend all day every day helping people who cannot help themselves. including personal cares for the disabled.

My wife thinks I give too much. God loves people through me very much, even those who outwardly hate me I spend hours praying for them. So yes, I do love my neighbor as a child of my God and as such they get my full attention. Especially those who cannot defend themselves.

If I didn't love even those who hate me would I continually strive to help the abusers understand the love and messages God has given me?

And do you help those that do not see things as you do by calling them names, telling them to get out of here, to get "get away from me"? Is that love? Praying for someone is good. But if you treat them with contempt when you are with them, what good is the prayer? You can have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if you can have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, you am nothing. (See 1 Corinthians 13)

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/26/12 02:57 AM

Why do you continue to taunt me? Do you want to pursue me? Is it your mission to continually try to grind me into the ground? Do you represent Christ right now?

I am prompted to take false teachers on in the exact light that God prompts me to. I have failed here occasionally by speaking from emotion, and this I openly repent of when it is the case. God reveals it to me after I lose it. But the super-majority of the time, not only am I speaking in the same determined tone God shows their error to me, I sometimes hold back. You think it easy to tell people they are espousing heresy?

Do you think it easy to tell your best friend that you helped build a church with, that because he allowed his son to move into his home with his unmarried girlfriend that he was bringing shame to the church?

Do you offer open repentance when shown you are wrong? Do you allow the Holy Spirit to truly open you up before strangers?

If I were in a conversation with non Seventh Day Adventist believers, the conversation would take on a completely different tone, but when men who come into the sanctuary bring in and advocate their own doctrines, the Ire of God is palpable and He shows it to me.

God used me to take on a pastor that was working to destroy a church and no one else could see it for ten years. After he did exactly as God showed me he would, he left the congregation with more than 2 million dollars debt, having baptized several openly homosexual men and women to be deacons and deaconesses, changed the name of the church from Seventh Day to "The EDGE" brought in a rock group etc etc... then after the conference would not allow him to keep the tithe to further his exploits, he left. In anger against me he admitted he "never accepted ordination in the Seventh Day Adventist Church".

When people heard me take him on, they saw the Holy Spirit. Some said I was Satan because of their loyalty to that man. But if they were motivated by the right Spirit they would have seen His works reveal what was hidden. Several people have come to me years later and said "we should have listened to you and test the Spirit".

This will be proven soon enough, so if you want to take me on and the Spirit that motivates me...get in line.

Show me by scripture one thing that I claim was shown to me by God, prove it was wrong. Then you can judge me.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/26/12 04:09 AM

If I were in a conversation with non Seventh Day Adventist believers, the conversation would take on a completely different tone,
First - I have read your responses to non-SDAs on other boards. They were just as harsh and condemning. But then, it is interesting that you made any differentiation.
Do you think it easy to tell your best friend that you helped build a church with, that because he allowed his son to move into his home with his unmarried girlfriend that he was bringing shame to the church?
Jesus let Judas, whom he knew was a trader, to partake of the Lord's supper with Him. I don't know the circumstances of your friend and his son, but consider Zechariah 4:6. Jesus never used force, or condemnation. Also, please consider Exekiel 18. A father is never punished for the sins of the children. Perhaps you consider it sin to provide love and confort to a sinning son? Again - I don't know the circumstances.
Show me by scripture one thing that I claim was shown to me by God, prove it was wrong.
Future events are not yet proven. What I go on is your responses to me and other in the past what cross your statements. I claim to speak just like Jesus did. If you think that, then read again the Gospels. And read again Desire of Ages. Jesus was never rude.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/26/12 04:18 AM

You are a liar.
Posted By: Green Cochoa

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/26/12 04:20 AM

I am prompted to take false teachers on in the exact light that God prompts me to. ...so if you want to take me on and the Spirit that motivates me...get in line.

Jamesonofthunder,

You speak as one who is spoiling for a fight. Did Jesus speak that way? On this point, I fully agree with APL.

APL, well said.

back

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/26/12 04:29 AM

Are you kidding me? look at this thread and see who started this argument right now.

You two are a thick as thieves. Always trying to get me to react.
Posted By: gordonb1

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/26/12 05:15 AM

Even Ernie Knoll wasn't rude.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/26/12 01:40 PM

Folks if you want to correct each other's manners lets check ourselves as carefully as we check the next person. If the shoe fits we need to wear it regardless of how hostile the source. We all should be humbling ourselves and with the Lord's spirit stop defending ourselves but instead be confessing our own faults to each other.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/26/12 02:17 PM

Here are some more reasons that the judgment scene of Ezekiel 9-11 parallels 9/11.

In Ezekiel’s day God had already brought the Babylonian army against Israel and Jerusalem had been subjugated. The Jews had a measure of self-government but were under the dominion of the Babylon Empire. The Protestant churches today stand in the same relationship to spiritual Babylon. Through their adherence to human rules that run directly contrary to the laws of God they have forfeited their independence and their sovereign freedom in the gospel. And as with ancient Israel, God is now entering into judgment with them via their enemies.

In the case of Israel, the judgment of the nation transpires when the divine court sits and heaven’s counsel convenes for the purpose of holding his people accountable for their backslidings. Ezekiel was shown their specific sins just as the judgment commenced. See chapter 8. The repeated tender calls to repentance went unheeded. And the Lord entered into judgment.

Have a look when you can at the first part of Ezekiel 9 and notice what happens in the sanctuary when God enters into judgment with His people.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/27/12 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: gordonb1

Even Ernie Knoll wasn't rude.

Why would you compare what God has shown me, which elevates our comprehension of scriptures, showing us where in the scope of end time events and prophecy we are, to the gibberish of Ernie Knolls?

What God shows me invariably is supported in similar images from the Spirit of Prophecy, tying elements together in scripture. Can Mr Knolls claim he had a vision or dream and was led to the exact statements or image in the Spirit of prophecy after the dream? Every vision and dream God has given me for us was this way.

It all started when I was shown the Sabbath THEN was led to the Adventist Church, no man taught me, only God through His word did.

My first dream was about me being on board a train heading to destruction and THEN I was shown Mrs White's dream of the train heading to destruction etc. Can Ernie Knolls claim that? Nothing he wrote made any real connection in truth.

Where did Ernie have a vision that even claimed to be a deeper comprehension of scriptures? Everything he wrote was disjointed from the Spirit of Truth, full of fanciful images that have no bearing in scriptures. Is this how God works for His last day prophets? No WAY! He gives us a more complete view of what He has already written and this is the sign. This is the mystery of Godliness completed, in a more complete knowledge of Christ through His word.

Mr Knolls said his writings were approved of by a counsel of Advent Pastors. This should have been the first clue he was lying, because from my experience the leaders of our church would never stick their necks out to prove or disprove anything claimed for or against scriptures through prophecy. In fact most of them are trying to change the way our church interprets scriptures on issues like ordaining women or baptizing homosexuals which without their knowledge actually discredits their ability to rightly divide the truth.

I have literally begged leaders in our church to test the Spirit and respond to what God has shown me. Not once has any leader in our church officially organized a meeting to determine whether my visions and dreams are from God. But, none of them has ever offered anything to contradict what God has shown me either. No one has officially even attempted to discredit the visions, not once, except from anonymous men like you on forums like this.

The closest thing I have received to official acceptance is an email from Pastor Doug Bachelor saying the information I sent him was full of truth and that he believes the vision I had of Jesus in Gethsemane fulfilling the Red Heifer service fits all the requirements of end time prophetic interpretation. He has since had sermons saying Jesus began the three days and nights sign of Jonah in Gethsemane. Praise God.

My local pastor and great friend told me he definitely believes God has spoken to me and wanted to organize a seminar for me, but then his son moved into his home with his girlfriend and God warned him through me, and that was that. I had the founder and president of Bibles for Africa tell me he was impressed by God that what I claim is from God. Pastor Stephen Bohr has listened to my visions and dreams and has never contradicted anything I was shown, seemingly encouraging me but not directly.

But I have never been asked to have an officially sanctioned meeting to even hear the visions or dreams.

Mr Knolls was very popular in our church before being exposed, I have never been popular in these messages, but that has not deterred me. For 17 years I have suffered intense persecution from men like you Gordonb and APL and Green Cochoa.

Men like you call me the troubler of Israel, just as they did to Elijah. Men like you say Jesus would never take men on like I do, but they forget Jesus drove the wicked out of the temple with a whip. Did Elijah or John the baptist take the sins of men on? The end time message is called the Elijah Message for a reason!

When the Spirit of truth comes He always convicts men of sin and it hurts, so the messenger is always persecuted if he is truly sent by God.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/27/12 09:42 PM

Show me by scripture one thing that I claim was shown to me by God, prove it was wrong.
Future events are not yet proven. What I go on is your responses to me and other in the past what cross your statements. I claim to speak just like Jesus did. If you think that, then read again the Gospels. And read again Desire of Ages. Jesus was never rude.

Many of the things God has inspired me to are not future events but what is needed to be ready for future events, such as the Red Heifer vision of Jesus suffering the second death for us in the Garden of Gethsemane. Seeing Him in the Garden is what sprinkles us with the ashes of the Red Heifer mixed in clean water.

And about Jesus not being rude... what do you think the Pharisees thought of Him calling them a brood of vipers? You think they came away saying "wow, He's right"? Or how about the money changers in the temple being chased by a man with a whip?To the super-majority Jesus was the wrong one.

So is it not all from the perspective of the listener as how rude someone is being? All I can say is, my God motivates me to take on the false teachers of our church who claim to have divine insight and are in fact full of themselves.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/28/12 08:16 PM

Three more things God showed me that are not future but very relevant for today.

- Sept 11, 2001, was the beginning of Judgment for the living.

- We are living in the time of the Seventh King of Rev 17 (Benedict 16) and when he dies Satan will appear as an angel of light and sit on the Papal throne as the eighth king.

- The building of the Apartheid wall in Jerusalem. I had the dream then shortly after they began building the wall in 2001. Now, 11 years later the wall is almost finished. And what will happen after the wall is completed? In the dream I heard the Holy Spirit say "When they cry peace and safety, then sudden destruction comes and they will not escape". The wall will give a false sense of security and when they make a peace agreement, under the guidance of the eighth Papal king, Satan coming as an angel of light, then the end will come. (http://whentheycrypeaceandsafety.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-dreamed-of-massive-wall.html)

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/28/12 08:19 PM

I was also shown the droplets of the plagues falling as a warning that we ARE in the last days...

http://lastplaguedrops.blogspot.com/2012/01/revelation-1621-from-sky-huge.html

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 06/30/12 07:29 AM

Praise God. As I have shared several times on this website, I have shared the vision of Jesus dying our second death in Gethsemane with many different SDA pastors including Pastor Doug Bachelor and out of them he was the one who responded most positive.

Others have used what God showed me in vision and dreams to formulate sermons before (such as Pastor Ivor Meyers) but no one has come close to listening to the whole vision like Pastor Doug did in this sermon that has just been released. Especially the Gethsemane segment (Part 2)

Part 1; Last Supper http://www.amazingfacts.org/television/everlasting-gospel/ctl/playmedia/mid/1022/mdid/2825.aspx

Part 2 Gethsemane http://www.amazingfacts.org/television/everlasting-gospel/ctl/playmedia/mid/1022/mdid/2978.aspx

Part 3 Accused and Abused http://www.amazingfacts.org/television/everlasting-gospel/ctl/playmedia/mid/1022/mdid/2998.aspx

Part 4 Calvary http://www.amazingfacts.org/television/everlasting-gospel/ctl/playmedia/mid/1022/mdid/2983.aspx

Part 5 Resurrection http://www.amazingfacts.org/television/everlasting-gospel/ctl/playmedia/mid/1022/mdid/3008.aspx

Part 6 Parting Words http://www.amazingfacts.org/television/everlasting-gospel/ctl/playmedia/mid/1022/mdid/2988.aspx

This is by far one of the best sermon series I have ever seen and I am so honored to have been part of the inspiration. Thank you Father.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 07/06/12 02:02 PM

Here are some more reasons that the judgment scene of Ezekiel 9-11 parallels 9/11.

In Ezekiel’s day God had already brought the Babylonian army against Israel and Jerusalem had been subjugated. The Jews had a measure of self-government but were under the dominion of the Babylon Empire. The Protestant churches today stand in the same relationship to spiritual Babylon. Through their adherence to human rules that run directly contrary to the laws of God they have forfeited their independence and their sovereign freedom in the gospel. And as with ancient Israel, God is now entering into judgment with them via their enemies.

In the case of Israel, the judgment of the nation transpires when the divine court sits and heaven’s counsel convenes for the purpose of holding his people accountable for their backslidings. Ezekiel was shown their specific sins just as the judgment commenced. See chapter 8. The repeated tender calls to repentance went unheeded. And the Lord entered into judgment.

Have a look when you can at the first part of Ezekiel 9 and notice what happens in the sanctuary when God enters into judgment with His people.

James and readers, what about the two underlined thoughts above? Have the leaders of the church been warned. Have the specific sins of the church been declared? How imminent is the judgment of Adventism? of Protestantism? Regarding Ezekiel 9, are we being sealed, are judgments falling on the ancient men that stand at the head of the Lord's people?

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 07/07/12 12:30 AM

I am not worthy of this, so please understand what I am about to say is in humility Brother Mark, but this is exactly why I get into so many disputes within our church.

The Father reveals sins to my heart within our church. It is part of the Spirit of Elijah.

We are being judged right now. The Father would do anything to get us prepared for what is about to happen on earth, and to get us ready He must warn us of the sins we are accustomed to committing that hinder the process of sanctification.

He first started with my heart 18 years ago (ongoing) and since then revealed things others were doing in my local congregations.

Here is an example.

A year ago, I was doing deacon duties and trying to get the lawn mowed before Sabbath. The lawnmower was at the Pastors house so I had to go over to get it before driving 30 miles to do the work. I knocked on the door and he came to the door and said "what are you doing here?" and I told him. He said "Oh, ok, my keys are down stairs". I followed him down. He was building walls for a new laundry room in his basement. Having Carpenter skills I immediately recognized that he did not know what he was doing, and I saw he did not use a bottom plate to build against concrete, and I said "Pastor these walls will have to be torn down or you will get mildew and mold, because nothing is there to stop air passing against these walls from beneath. He said "I don't need your help" and right then he walked over to close the existing bedroom door nearby and while he did I saw piles of young men and women clothes on the floor, an unmade bed and artifacts that were young adult.

We went out to get the lawnmower on to the trailer but for some strange reason it would not fit after we had done this same thing many times. In frustration he said "I'll do it myself" and walked into his home and shut the door.

I thought that this was very strange behavior from this normally quiet man, since he is always pleading for help in the church, so I prayed, and immediately God answered and said "Pastor Gene is mocking me". In my mind he showed me that those clothes were from his son and his son's girlfriend who he met while on a missionary trip to the Ukraine. He met her, left the mission and moved in with her and her family there. They got her a visa to come to America and go to school and they moved in together in his dads home living in that same room.

The Holy Spirit was heavy on my heart to pray for them and address the situation. I invited him and his wife to my home and explained what God had shared with me. I asked the pastor "are they sexually active?" and he said he assumed they were, and I asked so you think it's OK for young adults to live together without being married? Then all of the things that he had let his 3 sons get away with inside the church came flooding to my mind. One of his sons I caught with naked pictures on his computer in the church, and another time he and his girlfriend sat stroking each other while laying on the floor of the children's room, in front of children. and on and on.

I told him what God had shared with me, that he was mocking our savior and His Father by allowing these things to go on in his home and in the church. Was the message accepted? No way. In fact I was completely alienated from them after helping build that church for five years, I had to find another.

I went to the conference president and they laughed. He said "why don't you move on". No one would listen.

I could list hundreds of situations like this, God uses me to illuminate for others what they have been warned by the Spirit in their hearts, but would not have had an audible warning that they were doing wrong. Very few people in the Seventh Day Adventist Church see the sanctuary in the correct light, let alone their own personal sins on their "own time".

God does not want people to go to hell. He will do all he can to prepare and warn our people, but very few will listen. Most act like it is no one's business but their own. But what happened to the people of God when one in the camp was sinning? Remember Achan?

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 07/07/12 11:20 PM

Thank you for sharing that James. Eating the little book qualifies men and women for delivering the final message. You're in good company. Notice what the Lord did when he commissioned Ezekiel; Notice the connection between delivering the Lord's messages and eating the little book:

Quote:
Eze 2:3 And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.
Eze 2:4 For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD.
Eze 2:5 And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.
Eze 2:6 And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.
Eze 2:7 And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious.
Eze 2:8 But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.
Eze 2:9 And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;
Eze 2:10 And he spread it before me; and it was written within and without: and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe.
What are the words of lamentation, mourning and woe contained in the little book? The sure results of continuing in sin.

Re: The Sealing, the Latter Rain and the Close Probation - 07/07/12 11:53 PM

Lately Brother Mark, very powerful things have been happening in my heart.

I was doing some menial housework and the Holy Spirit filled my heart and shockingly prompted me to contact an old rock and roll friend I had not seen for 25 years. This was not just a thought, but a deep groaning of the Holy Spirit, prompting me to get on my knees for my friend like "right now". I prayed and attempted to find, then contact my friend Ferrence, who I had heard was playing in Las Vegas in a casino. I looked and looked and finally found his mom and dad's number who also had moved to Vegas, so I called and left a message. Three weeks later they called me back saying "how did you know that right then Ferrence was in trouble?" After I shared what happened his mom cried and said at the exact moment the Holy Spirit was prompting me to pray for him, he was on his way to murder his ex wife. Now he's in prison for life but he did not kill himself like he was about to, and now he writes me asking about the bible.

Three days ago another old friends memory came to my heart while talking to another old friend. The instant recall caused me to pray for him because of how this pattern has developed from the Holy Spirit. Today this old friends aunt called me, who I have not heard from in since my wedding 3 years ago. She told me that her nephew, (my godson, title given to me by his Catholic mom because I was one of her best friends and I would have taken care of him if she died) 25 years old, he was dying in his bedroom when the Holy Spirit caused me to remember and pray for him.

I AM NOT WORTHY OF GOD DWELLING IN MY HEART, but there He is.

He causes me to fear for others and pray for them when they will not for themselves. This testimony God has given me is one of the strongest tools to get through to others about the Holy Spirit's power and indwelling nature in those who love God.

Everything is being exposed for what it truly is, every spirit is being tested, and only what is pure will survive.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church