Should Christians Keep the 7th Day Sabbath Debate on May 10, 2014

Posted By: James Peterson

Should Christians Keep the 7th Day Sabbath Debate on May 10, 2014 - 05/02/14 03:33 AM

Because the bulletin has been locked away in private discussion on this forum, I thought I might make the link available to everyone.

Originally Posted By: http://mypft.com/events/sabbathdebate/
On May 10th, at 5:30pm (CST), two Christian pastors will share the stage to debate a profound biblical question: Should Christians keep the Sabbath?

Each man will present his case and then have an opportunity for rebuttal. This event will be in front of a live audience at Passion for Truth Fellowship. Moreover, [the debate will be streamed live] at passionfortruth.com.

FYI

///
Posted By: kland

Re: Should Christians Keep the 7th Day Sabbath Debate on May 10, 2014 - 05/02/14 06:59 PM

Do you think it's about keeping a sabbath or the 7th-day Sabbath?
Do you think it's about Christians choosing to keep the Sabbath or is it about requiring Christians to keep a day of someone's choosing?
Posted By: James Peterson

Re: Should Christians Keep the 7th Day Sabbath Debate on May 10, 2014 - 05/02/14 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: kland
Do you think it's about keeping a sabbath or the 7th-day Sabbath?
Do you think it's about Christians choosing to keep the Sabbath or is it about requiring Christians to keep a day of someone's choosing?

What do you think Paul meant when he advised the Corinthians and the Galatians:

Originally Posted By: 1 Cor. 16:1-2
Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given orders to the churches of Galatia, so you must do also: On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come.

Why do a collection on the first day of the week? Why not just "do a collection"? Why specifically "on the first day of the week"? After all, they were collecting tithes and offerings during worship on the seventh day just like SDA do for the Church and ADRA, were't they? So then, why do you think he would specify the day? Do you think he might have hinted at a reason in his letter to the Galatians?

Awaiting your answer ...

///
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church