The LGTB wave sweeping in

Posted By: Rick H

The LGTB wave sweeping in - 07/07/19 01:34 PM

I went to Miami for the 4th of July week and the news channels were showing the LGTB celebrations over and over as a news item for the 4th, although it had finished for as a month long event in June. I couldn't figure it out till I went to the beach, then it was clear, woman with woman and men with men basically parading and blatantly letting everyone know, it has come to the end and we are asleep. Here is one of the news sites https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...al-Transgender-Transexual-269588161.html
Posted By: kland

Re: The LGTB wave sweeping in - 07/08/19 04:09 PM

As in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Posted By: James Peterson

Re: The LGTB wave sweeping in - 07/12/19 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rick H
I went to Miami for the 4th of July week and the news channels were showing the LGTB celebrations over and over as a news item for the 4th, although it had finished for as a month long event in June. I couldn't figure it out till I went to the beach, then it was clear, woman with woman and men with men basically parading and blatantly letting everyone know, it has come to the end and we are not asleep. Here is one of the news sites https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...al-Transgender-Transexual-269588161.html

Paul tells the Romans that that is just the tip of the iceberg. At the end of Rom. 1, he gives a longer list of damnable character traits:

• being filled with all:
    unrighteousness,
    sexual immorality,
    wickedness,
    covetousness,
    maliciousness;

• full of:
    envy,
    murder,
    strife,
    deceit,
    evil-mindedness;

• they are:
    whisperers,
    backbiters,
    haters of God,
    violent,
    proud,
    boasters,
    inventors of evil things,
    disobedient to parents,
    undiscerning,
    untrustworthy,
    unloving,
    unforgiving,
    unmerciful;

• who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

But why though? Well, he says at the beginning, just before the above, that, "even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting ..." and then the long list follows. Even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge. Doesn't that sound like teaching evolution in schools, crediting evolution for practically everything in media, preaching it from the pulpit? How much of those character traits are painfully evident in your congregation? The LGBTQ movement is just ONE symptom of something much, much deeper going on in a society that is increasingly confident about its ability to alter and move nature, even to the very mind of men through social media.

I see a tall building, a skyscraper, and on its side in gold are these two words: FREEDOM TOWER.

///
Posted By: dedication

Re: The LGTB wave sweeping in - 07/13/19 12:22 AM

Actually James -- I agree -- it is the moving away from the God of our salvation that results in an ever upsurge of sin in many forms.
Our societies with their so called science to exclude God has contributed.
God alone, can change the hearts and minds of people as they come to HIM.
Posted By: James Peterson

Re: The LGTB wave sweeping in - 07/21/19 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by kland
As in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.

People tend to think that the sin of Sodom was sodomy, but that is not what it was. In fact, the angels asked Lot to speak urgently to his sons-in-law who had married his daughters. Gen. 19:4, "the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter, surrounded the house", therefore, is an exaggeration for dramatic effect. The sin, rather, is found in Lot's strong insistence that the angels not stay in the open square. It was a city given over to evil and violence!

A good example in our day is the #MeToo movement and all that it revealed about the callous disregard for integrity pervasive in the entertainment sector, things done under cover of suit and tie, but consider the open brutality described by the 2018 Nobel Peace Laureates in the failed states of the ISIS Caliphate and the Congo. Both scenarios describe Sodom (and Gomorrah).

Does anyone trust a priest with their child? Does anyone believe acting is a "noble" profession? Why do men prey like brute beasts? Like brute beasts, they shall fall and rot in the open. Yes, they will be abhorred, cast off and burned like filthy rags.

But Lot, "he insisted strongly ..." Genesis 19.

///
Posted By: kland

Re: The LGTB wave sweeping in - 07/22/19 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by James Peterson
People tend to think that the sin of Sodom was sodomy, but that is not what it was.

When people say that, it sounds as if they think sodomy isn't a sin.
But you are correct, sodomy was only one of many sins going on at Sodom.
Sodomy was a sin of Sodom, but not the only one.

So did they die because of practicing sodomy? Not "only" because, but because of that and much more. But when people reach to the point of unnatural acts of sodomy, it is an indication of a sorry state. And that is where we are approaching.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church