Dancing And Christian Living

Posted By: Daryl

Dancing And Christian Living - 12/05/00 06:55 PM

What about dancing and Christian living?

Is it OK for Christians to go to dances?

Is it OK for Christians to dance with one another at home or at a Christian party?

Daryl

Posted By: Sarah Moss

Re: Dancing And Christian Living - 12/05/00 11:12 PM

I wait with bated breath for responses to this question!

For many, this is a serious issue. Is there a right time & a wrong time for dancing? Is there a right way and a wrong way? Is it right to ban all dancing, or should it be saved for appropriate moments, and if so, how do you define the moments that are appropriate?

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Dancing And Christian Living - 07/26/01 07:11 PM

hey..
I think that when you go in clubs and parties to dance.. it's not ok.. I've studied a bit on it.. The music and atmoshere is not a good one in a club and sometimes it can lead to more then just dancing. But i have nothing against ballet and the "art" of dancing.
take care.
Chantale.
Posted By: Mogens H. Sorensen

Re: Dancing And Christian Living - 07/27/01 04:19 AM

Just a quick reply to your question, Daryl. I will have to think of a more thorough posting on the question.

However, when I was young and foolish, before I really accepted Christ as my saviour, some of the boys I hung around with used to regard dancing as "a vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

Mogens

Posted By: Sarah Moss

Re: Dancing And Christian Living - 07/28/01 06:19 AM

I think you could both be right. Mogens, welcome and I look forward to hearing more from you on this subject!

My husband and I were discussing this topic with some friends at Campmeeting and he pointed out that perhaps dancing should be one of the things that should be kept for after marriage - with ones spouse only.... Interesting thought.

On the other hand, where the "other types of dancing" such as ballet or art, or joyful dancing fit in?

------------------
Sarah Moss
Psalms 103 - I am blessed!

Posted By: Tom Wetmore

Re: Dancing And Christian Living - 07/27/01 08:05 PM

Psalms 149:3, "Let them praise his name with dancing..."
2 Samuel 6:14, "David...danced before the Lord with all his might..."
Ecc 3:4, "...a time to mourn and a time to dance..."
Luke 6:23, "Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven."

Tom

Posted By: Catherine

Re: Dancing And Christian Living - 07/28/01 05:45 AM

The dancing mentioned in the Bible did not bear the slightest resemblance to today's ballroom dancing. Men and women never danced with each other then.

------------------
The Lord is the strength of my life and my portion forever.

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church