Sabbath School Action Units?

Posted By: Daryl

Sabbath School Action Units? - 03/06/06 02:45 AM

Does any of your churches use the Sabbath School Action Units approach in the study and discussion of the Adult Sabbath School Quarterly?
Posted By: D R

Re: Sabbath School Action Units? - 03/18/06 03:24 AM

Daryl, what is the Sabbath School Action Units approach ? Thanks
Posted By: rhammen

Re: Sabbath School Action Units? - 03/18/06 05:19 AM

I first read about them when we were on Prince Edward Island. It seems like a great plan towards getting us out of our seats and in to our neighborhoods doing something instead of just talking about doing something to take the gospel to the world. Haven't used them, but we definitely need an action plan, and as I recall, the program says there is no better place to bring about action than in our Sabbath School classes.

R
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Sabbath School Action Units? - 03/19/06 05:54 AM

Richard and Daniel,

That is part of it, but not all of it.

The Sabbath School Action Unit (SSAU) consists of six people of which one of them is the Discussion Leader, another one is the Secretary, and another one is the Care Leader.

The Care Leader, if I have named this person correctly from memory, uses the first ten minutes to see how every is doing , to note who is missing with the purpose of letting the missing know that they were missed, and to discuss any inreach/outreach endeavours.

The Discussion Leader facilitates the Sabbath School Bible Study Discussion.

The Secretary takes notes of who is there, any of the missing and plans to let them know they are missed, and any other inreach/outreach plans.

If you have 18 people attending Sabbath School, then you would divide them into three Sabbath School Action Units.

That is the function of the SSAU in a nutshell.
Posted By: bethybug

Re: Sabbath School Action Units? - 03/19/06 03:45 PM

We have a very small church. This is the first time I have heard of an action unit. It sounds like a usable idea. Certainly would perk people up and make them more accountable. It is very draining to have one or two be active and the rest sit there like the living dead!!
Posted By: rhammen

Re: Sabbath School Action Units? - 03/20/06 05:49 AM

Yeah, it's been over 8 years since I saw it, but it looks like a great idea.

Richard
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church