Fourth Quarter 2020 Education

Posted By: dedication

Fourth Quarter 2020 Education - 12/26/20 02:34 AM

Fourth Quarter is ending.
All 2020 was a stressful year but this last lesson of 2020 puts the most important thing in focus.

Enjoy this enthusiastic presentation of the lesson:
Heaven, Education and Eternal Learning

Just some additional thoughts--

"The true object of education is to restore the image of God in the soul. In the beginning, God created man in his own likeness. He endowed him with noble qualities. His mind was well-balanced, and all the powers of his being were harmonious. But the fall and its effects have perverted these gifts. Sin has marred and well-nigh obliterated the image of God in man. It was to restore this that the plan of salvation was devised, and a life of probation was granted to man. To bring him back to the perfection in which he was first created, is the great object of life,--the object that underlies every other. [Christian Education 64)

" O the mystery of godliness--God manifest in the flesh!
This mystery increases as we try to comprehend it. It is incomprehensible, and yet human beings will allow worldly, earthly things to intercept the faint view it is possible for mortals to have of Jesus and His matchless love. . . . How can we be enthusiastic over earthly, common things and not be stirred with this picture --the cross of Calvary, the love that is revealed in the death of God's dear Son . . . ? {Mar 318.3}

All this humiliation and anguish were endured to bring back the wanderers, guilty and thankless, to the Father's house. O the home of the blest--I cannot afford to lose it! I shall, if saved in the kingdom of God, be constantly discerning new depths in the plan of salvation. All the redeemed saints will see and appreciate as never before the love of the Father and the Son, and songs of praise will burst forth from immortal tongues. He loved us, He gave His life for us. With glorified bodies, with enlarged capacities, with hearts made pure, with lips undefiled, we shall sing the riches of redeeming love. There will be no suffering ones in heaven, no skeptics whom we must labor to convince of the reality of eternal things, no prejudices to uproot, but all will be susceptible to that love which passeth knowledge. Rest, thank God, there is a rest for the people of God, where Jesus will lead the redeemed into green pastures, by the streams of living waters which make glad the city of our God. Then the prayer of Jesus to His Father will be answered: "I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am." {Mar 318.4}
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Fourth Quarter 2020 Education - 12/27/20 08:56 PM

We have so much to look forward to and also so much to learn throughout eternity.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church