Do you have a method to your devotions?

Posted By: Sarah Moss

Do you have a method to your devotions? - 11/14/00 12:28 AM

What do you do for daily devotions? Would you be willing to share your ideas? Either for personal or family devotions to help others get started as well. For example, do you study a specific Bible Book, one at a time, do you search out all over the Book, or do you just open at random? Do you have a devotional guide you follow? I look forward to seeing what everyone does for devotions.

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Re: Do you have a method to your devotions? - 11/14/00 12:30 AM

I want to share what I do for devotions. I read a book at a time, but if I find a topic I don't quite understand, I cross-reference until I do understand it. I also keep a prayer journal where I record not only my requests and answers, but also the insights or questions that arise as I study God's word. I have found this to be an invaluable tool when I need or want to look back at how God has taught me!

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Posted By: Daryl

Re: Do you have a method to your devotions? - 11/18/00 01:22 AM

I am presently reading the book, Steps To Christ, for my daily devotions.

My goal is to read a chapter each day, however, I am not overly concerned about achieving that goal so as not to miss out on what I do manage to read on any given day.

Daryl

Re: Do you have a method to your devotions? - 11/20/00 10:16 PM

I think that is a good point to make. We should set goals for ourselves in our devotions, be it a length of time we are going to study, a portion of text (Scripture or inspirational) to get through, but should not beat ourselves over the head if we do not at first accomplish that goal. Praise God for the time you have with him. It will grow and become more and more fulfilling as you continue in your studies!

I would still love to hear what others do for their devotions!

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church