What keeps you from having daily devotions?

Posted By: Sarah Moss

What keeps you from having daily devotions? - 11/17/00 10:25 PM

What are the stumbling blocks to having an active daily relationship with Christ? What stops you from 'picking up the phone' and talking with Him?

Let us share in a non-judgmental, friendly way, and maybe we will be able to find help or suggestions to overcome those things that get in our way.

We know that our earthly friends wouldn't last very long if we didn't keep in contact, but we think that we can get to know God even if we don't think about, talk to, or listen to Him on a daily or even regular basis. Why is this?

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Posted By: Sarah Moss

Re: What keeps you from having daily devotions? - 01/12/01 12:18 AM

I have been finding it more and more necessary lately to have a daily devotion, yet at the same time, I find it difficult to get "around to it"! Why is that? Why can I pick up 10 other books around me but have so much trouble picking up the one Book that really matters? I have a need to learn all that I can about Jesus, that presses on me more each day. Are any of you feeling that need also? Everywhere I turn, everything I read seems to reiterate the need to have a daily devotional. . . who knows, maybe my health would even improve if I were to take the time to spend in devotions.....

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Posted By: Daryl

Re: What keeps you from having daily devotions? - 01/12/01 06:28 AM

You are correct, Sarah.

The devil's strategy is to focus on anything else but.

How many times have I intended to do something, but got sidetracked instead.

We need to keep our focus on Christ and His Word.

than to receive. (Acts 20:35)

Daryl

Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: What keeps you from having daily devotions? - 01/13/01 07:26 AM

I's so easy to get the day started, then realize that we haven't had devotional time. Then we usually just throw up our hands and say it's too late today. I'll do it tomorrow. I doubt that God is standing by a clock and saying that if we haven't done it by a certain time, we can just forget it.

I am working on changing that thinking in myself. Now I tell myself it doesn't matter how late it is, it is never too late to spend time with God. Then I get my Bible and find a quiet place, even if it's only for a few minutes. In this case, better late than never.

[This message has been edited by Linda Sutton (edited January 13, 2001).]

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: What keeps you from having daily devotions? - 01/19/01 05:00 AM

I know the feeling.
If it is noisy, I forget.
By the time I remember, I'm drifting off to sleep.
I hate it when that happens.
My days are always better when I do, it, but.....

------------------
What is popular is not always right.
What is right is not always popular.

Posted By: Daryl

Re: What keeps you from having daily devotions? - 01/19/01 06:42 AM

What we all need to do is be still and know that He is God.

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Daryl

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church