The Immortal Inheritance

Posted By: adventbeliever

The Immortal Inheritance - 10/17/02 09:56 PM

When I think of those words of Daniel, I find myself walking up in the night repeating them over and over: 'And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.'
Look at the sun and the stars marshaled in the heavens, known by their names. The Lord says, They that turn many to righteousness shall shine as the stars forever and ever.

In order to determine how important are the interests involved in the conversion of the soul from error to truth, we must appreciate the value of immortality; we must realize how terrible are the pains of the second death; we must comprehend the honor and glory awaiting the ransomed, and understand what it is to live in the presence of Him who died that He might elevate and ennoble man, and give to the overcomer a royal diadem!

The worth of a soul cannot be fully estimated by finite minds. How gratefully will the ransomed and glorified ones remember those who were instrumental in their salvation! No one will then regret his self-denying efforts and persevering labors, his patience, forbearance, and earnest yearnings for souls that might have been lost had he neglected his duty or become weary in well-doing.

Now these white-robed ones are gathered into the fold of the Great Shepherd. The faithful worker and the soul saved through his labor are greeted by the Lamb in the midst of the throne, and are led to the tree of life and to the fountain of living waters. With what joy does the servant of Christ behold these redeemed ones, who are made to share the glory of the Redeemer! How much more precious is Heaven to those who have been faithful in the work of saving souls! 'And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars.'

What is done through the cooperation of men with God is a work that shall never perish, but endure through the eternal ages!

E.G. White, Maranatha, p.330.

[ October 17, 2002, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: adventbeliever ]
Posted By: Avalee

Re: The Immortal Inheritance - 10/18/02 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adventbeliever:
Now these white-robed ones are gathered into the fold of the Great Shepherd. The faithful worker and the soul saved through his labor are greeted by the Lamb in the midst of the throne, and are led to the tree of life and to the fountain of living waters. With what joy does the servant of Christ behold these redeemed ones, who are made to share the glory of the Redeemer! E.G. White, Maranatha, p.330.

Thank you so much for posting this. How precious! I do not think I have read or relized the paragraph I copied from what you posted above. What a glorious day that will be! Amen and Amen! I pray that day will soon come.
Posted By: adventbeliever

Re: The Immortal Inheritance - 10/20/02 06:28 AM

Thanks Avalee! [Smile]

Giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in light." Col.1:12. R.S.V.
I want to share with you all this beautiful thought-provoking excerpt from the writings of Ellen White. How can anyone of us afford to lose this inheritance?

Here it is:

The ransom has been paid and it is possible for all to come to God trusting wholly in the merits of the blood of a crucified and risen Savior which brings His righteousness into the life and thus through a life of obedience to attain unto everlasting life. Then how sad it is that men turn from the immortal inheritance, and live for the gratification of pride, for selfishness and display, and lose the blessings which they might have both in this life and in the life to come. They might enter into the palaces of Heaven, and associate on terms of equality with Christ and heavenly angels, and with the princes of God; and yet, incredible as it may seem, they turn from the heavenly attractions.

The Creator of all worlds proposes to love those who come to Him relying solely upon the merits of His Son even as He loves Him. Even here and now His gracious favor is bestowed upon us to this marvelous extent. He has given to men the gift of the Light and Majesty of Heaven, and with Him He has bestowed all the treasures of Heaven. Much as He has promised us for the life to come, He also bestows princely gifts upon us in this life, and as subjects of His grace, He would have us enjoy everything that will enoble, expand, and elevate our characters. it is His design to fit us for the heavenly courts above.

But Satan is contending for the souls of men... he would not have them catch a glimpse of the future honor, the eternal glories, laid up for those who shall be inhabitants of Heaven, or have a taste of the experience that gives a foretaste of the happiness of Heaven.

Those who appropriate the merits of the Savior have the promise of the life that now is, and that which is to come... The lowliest disciple of Christ may become an inhabitant of Heaven, and heir of God to an inheritance incorruptible, and that fadeth not away. O that every one might make choice of the heavenly gift, become an heir of God to that inheritance whose title is secure from any destroyer, world without end! O, choose not the world, but choose the better inheritance! Press, urge your way toward the mark for the prize of your high calling in Christ Jesus!

Maranatha, The Lord is Coming, p.357.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church