What I'm discovering

Posted By: roxe

What I'm discovering - 05/29/05 10:52 PM

well, better late than never. for years i've been able to read the SOP but never could get into the scriptures. a couple weeks ago, i've started reading the book of 1st John. wow! what a book! so full of the love -agape- of God. just what i need, since my own love is so empty.

doing this each morning has so far made my days go much easier. i even got a NKJV from church so i can just read the stories in easier language. but for study or memorizing, i'll continue with the KJV.

i've come to a new "love" for God's word. now it's like i want to read it more than once a day [Smile]

how's that for a switch??

ALL PRAISE TO THE LORD!!! [Big Grin]
Posted By: Ikan

Re: What I'm discovering - 05/30/05 02:17 AM

Yep, it doesn't surprise me, Roxe. All of John's books are just as powerful, and really makes me understand the title "the one whom He loved."
The love is the key to all spiritual problems.

No wonder Christ saw that John would be the proper messenger to give the book of Revelation through!

I just finished Dr. Waggoner's book, "The Gospel of John" and was stunned by what I had never seen before.

Hey, I even got powerful lessons from IIJohn and even III John.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church