Fishies!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Chantale Bérubé

Fishies!!!!!!!!! - 12/02/01 04:04 PM

Hi!!!
Anybody in love with fishes ??? I know i am!!!!
I baught a new aquarium about a month ago... I had a few problems but now it seatled!
Anyways, i'd just like to ask this question:
Anybody here has an aquarium or loves fishes??

Waiting for replies!

and we could start like giving each other advice on how to take better care of our aquariums ect!!

Chantale
(fishes are sooo cute!!)

[This message has been edited by Chantale Berube (edited December 03, 2001).]

Posted By: Zita

Re: Fishies!!!!!!!!! - 12/03/01 10:20 AM

Hello Chantale - welcome to our Nature forum.
Fish are wonderful! They are so gentle and restful to watch.

I had fish tanks inside for years, but I got tired of the fish dying on me! It was always so sad.
Do you have a pump? that helps.
Each week you take out a 3rd of the water and replace it.
When I changed the water, I replaced it with warm water and the fish coped better with the water change.

Now I have 2 fish ponds outdoors. The fish last many years, if you don't have any mishaps!

I had one last week, and I was devestated!

I had turned on my waterfall which comes from fresh water, and I forgot to turn it off. 5 days later I discovered that 7 fish were dead, and I lost 2 more the next day. I was left with one fish. It had rained for several days, so I didn't need to go out the front and check. That is one mistake that I will only make once.
My favourite fish are the Shubankas, spotted black,red/orange. Sometimes white body with black/orange or red spots.

Now that my pond has settled again, I am ready to replace the fish I lost.

Glad to find someone who loves fishes too!

Joy and Peace
Zita

Re: Fishies!!!!!!!!! - 12/10/01 11:02 AM

Today I bought my replacement fish, assorted colours and sizes. Big Red will be pleased for the company again.I think my favourite will be the black and silver one.
Going to be fun watching them grow.

Re: Fishies!!!!!!!!! - 12/23/01 10:27 AM

I have noticed that my new fish are starting to appear. It was hard to believe I had over a dozen fish, but when they are new to an enviroment they hide.
Now they are getting used to their surroundings, they are starting to swim normally.

I thought their was going to be an invasion today - a Mother duck with her 7 baby ducklings visited, but they didn't stay long.

Delightful moment.

Re: Fishies!!!!!!!!! - 03/18/02 12:10 AM

The fish pond in my back garden has been there for 10 years, and has given me a lot of pleasure. Over the years the garden around the pond has been planted in various plants until last year I discovered bog gardens!

Making it was a wonderful experience.

The plants have grown well, and almost covered the pink pebbles I laid on top in amongst nicely shaped round stones, gathered from special places.

Yesterday, as I looked at it and realized some plants needed to be at the back as they were too tall now. That would mean removing my iris bed.

Not such a bad idea I thought, then I could have nice plants all year round!

Of course, once I hit on these ideas, there is not stopping till it's in place.

I managed to dig out most of the continued bog garden area myself, plus the plants, good exercise for a recovering broken wrist!

I sat on the edge of the bank with my feet in the ditch I had dug, and my fish all came to see me. So friendly and unafraid.

Now I am waiting for the stones to come home tonight, my son has access to some discarded ones!
I will get the black polythene and have it laid already.
Very exciting creating something new!

Re: Fishies!!!!!!!!! - 06/23/02 01:03 PM

Well, I see it is 3 months since I created my bog garden, and yes, I got the stones, only I ended up buying some bags, it was easier.

Looks really finished, and the tall plants I transplanted from the front to the back have done really well.

This last fortnight, I decided to extend the stones right through to the garden seat, where there was bark.
Taking out the bark I recycled it to paths round the no dig garden.
Now the whole pond and bog area has conformity.Taking out the bark made all the difference.

I scouted around the rockery, and relocated some larger rocks to stop the dog from wandering through the back of the bog garden.
I also purchased some grasses, 3 tall dark green ones, and 3 small blue-green ones for the edging.

Today my son and I were working on 2 trees near the fron pool.
I realized too late that I should have covered the pool with a tarpaulin when using a chain saw. The surface of the pool was covered in oil, which I had to meticulously remove using an old pot.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church