Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett

Posted By: Daryl

Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 08/19/06 05:01 AM

I am requesting special prayer for my brother, Randall, Fawcett, who has suffered his second heart attack within the past month and a half.

He had both heart attacks while in the hospital waiting for surgery on his legs as there is hardly any circulation in his legs. It took them 10 to 15 minutes to get his heart going again the first time and about 12 to 13 minutes to get it going the second time. The first time was just over a month ago. The second one was just two days ago while on the operating table where they were doing a ten minute operation to amputate his foot. They couldn't do the three hour operation on his legs since his first heart attack on account of the condition of his heart. They had to do the ten minute one as he would have died without that operation.

The doctors consider it a miracle that he didn't suffer brain damage after his first heart attack. It will now be an even greater miracle if he doesn't suffer brain damage from his second heart attack. We should know on Monday whether or not his brain was damaged. The first time he was able to breathe on his own two days after the first heart attack. This time, however, he still isn't able to breath on his own, even though his heart is beating on its own.

Please pray for another miracle in that when they do remove it on Monday, as that seems to be the next time they will be checking, that he will be able to breathe on his own, and that he will not have any brain damage like the last time. It seems that he suffered short term memory problems from the first one.

My brother is diabetic with a major heart condition as one artery to the heat is completely blocked.

He is three years younger than I am.

Please pray for a healing miracle followed by a spiritual miracle as we don't really know his spiritual condition.

Thank you one and all.
Posted By: summertime

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 08/20/06 12:26 AM

Daryl:

On this Sabbath Day, when our hearts should all be in tune with the Holy Spirit, your brother's plight will be in my mind and in my prayers. Please keep us informed of your brother's condition.
Posted By: Redfog

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 08/20/06 03:14 AM

Will do Daryl.

Redfog

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 08/20/06 03:18 AM

all.

I will update you all here when I learn something new.

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 08/21/06 04:07 AM

He is still unconscious, however, his pupils are reacting to light.

He still isn't breathing completely on his own, however, his heart is still beating on its own.

The neurologist is supposed to check him over either Monday or Tuesday to try and determine just what brain activity he has.

Please continue praying.

Thank you.

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 08/22/06 04:34 AM

Meeting with the doctor tomorrow.

Please pray for a miracle.

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 08/24/06 07:25 PM

The meeting with the doctor on Tuesday took place, however, since he thought there may have been a hint of improvement, he wanted the neurologist to take another look, therefore, the next crucial meeting with the doctor will be on Friday.

On the downside, the neurologist took another look, but didn't see any change, therefore, it doesn't look good for my brother, who has now been unconscious since Wednesday, August 16th.

Please pray that there will be some definite sign of improvement before the meeting with the doctor on Friday, August 25th.

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 08/25/06 02:33 AM

My other brother just called me to inform me that there hasn't been any change, therefore, unless anything different happens by about noon tomorrow, they will leave him completely on his own to, either continue breathing on his own with his heart beating on its own, or to pass away.

We continue to pray for the best for my brother.

Thank you all who are also praying for him.

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 08/25/06 05:11 AM

Thanks for the update Daryl. We will keep Randall and the family in our thoughts and prayers as all of you go through this difficult time.

Redfog

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 08/26/06 05:23 AM

My brother met with the doctor today who said that, except for his breathing and heart beating, there is no other signs of any brain activity, therefore, they consider him basically brain-dead.

As soon as they find a room, they are moving him into pallative care. They anticipate he will only live for a few days longer and will probably pass away from another heart attack.

Thank you all for your prayers.

I am continuing to pray for him as they were surprised he came out of his first heart attack with very minimal brain damage, however, I fear for the worse, while praying for yet another miracle. "Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief."

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 09/02/06 02:45 AM

Well, folks, you can now pray for us in a different way, as my brother passed away a few hours ago.

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 09/02/06 02:15 PM

Well Daryl at least his suffering is over, the family can mourn and begin the healing process. May God's comfort be there for you and yours.

Redfog

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 09/02/06 07:35 PM

Yes, his suffering is over and we are no longer in waiting mode.

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 09/03/06 01:18 AM

Yes that "waiting mode" is so very hard. When my mother passed away last year from Alzhimers I realized afterwards we'd been somewhat in that mode, to a certain extent, for years.

Redfog
Posted By: the1888message

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 09/03/06 01:47 AM

While I have not lost a brother I have lost my father some months back.

My prayers go out to you and your family in this time, draw close to Christ who is our blessed hope.

Peace and Grace
David

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 09/03/06 03:30 AM

I previously lost my mother at her young age of 47.

I have now lost a brother also at his young age of 55.

for all your prayers.
Posted By: summertime

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 09/03/06 07:57 PM

Daryl, I have been away from my computer for almost 2 weeks because of surgery, but just this morning I have read of the loss of your brother. We have been praying for him and we all have learned that God answers our prayers--but not always in the way that we would like. I want you to know that we are all praying for you and your family. May God bless you during these difficult times and remember what a joyous reunion we will all be a part of when Jesus comes. 'summertime'

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 09/04/06 03:35 AM

all once again.

Summertime, I hope things are getting better with you since your surgery.

Re: Prayer Request For My Brother Randall Fawcett - 09/04/06 03:37 AM

By the way, my brother's funeral will be held on Tuesday at 1:30 p.m.

I may not be on here much from Tuesday to Friday.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church