Please pray for Lucille

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Please pray for Lucille - 07/26/00 03:49 AM

I received a phone message yesterday (7/24)
from the insurance company handling her case
that Lucille may be released this weekend.

Because of the strole she suffered in April, she isn't ready for a home environment yet.

She needs more physical therapy, nmore medication adjustment and speech therapy.

Please pray that she willnot be put in a situation she isn't ready for.
Thanks,
Gerry B.

------------------
<font color=red>Is what you're living for worth Christ dying for?</font>

<font color=green size=4>Gerry B.</font>

Re: Please pray for Lucille - 07/27/00 04:31 AM

I have a temporary reprieve, they will allow her to stay until the 2nd of August, not really enough time, but thet hold the purse strings.

Now her son wants her to stay with him.
After what he has done to her in the past, not a good idea.
He has mentally and physically abused her. He has a history of drug and alcohol abuse.

And he has robbed her in the past, and while in the hospital undergoing surgery after her stroke ( her not him) he went back up north to her home, broke in and tried to find her purse..... because he needed money to get down where he had just left.

Please pray that he will be stopped before he does more damage to this poor lady.
Thanks.
Gerry B.

Re: Please pray for Lucille - 07/31/00 02:25 AM

At the insistance of Social security and FIA, I have decided to talk to a lawyer to determine if I have a chance of obtaining legal guardianship.

Please pray that the Lord's will will be done in this situation.
Thank you all for your prayers.

------------------
Is what you're living for worth Christ dying for?

Gerry B.

Posted By: Daryl

Re: Please pray for Lucille - 07/31/00 04:39 AM

Dear Heavenly Father,

You know the prayer request of Brother Gerry and the situation better than anybody else.

Based on what Brother Gerry posted here, I pray that you will be with Brother Gerry as he seeks guardianship of Lucille so that her son will not be able to take any more advantage of her.

You know the end from the beginning. Your will be done in this situation I pray.

In Christ's Holy Name I pray,

Amen!

Re: Please pray for Lucille - 08/04/00 12:17 AM

I ask for your prayers, for me.
I feel so inadquate to this task, it is more than I can bear at the moment, alone that is.

There is so much wrong with her memory, and so many things I wish to tell her and have absolutely idea how to do it.

I am afraid I will fail her and God in this service.

This has hit me so hard I can hardly think straight, I don't know why this is happening, it just came on suddenly and I can't get out of it.

Thank you,

------------------
Is what you're living for worth Christ dying for?

Gerry B.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Please pray for Lucille - 08/04/00 02:24 AM

Dear Father, we ask that you send your strength to your servant, Gerry. You have promised to be with always, even unto the end of the world. You have also promised that We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, and that you will provide for us whatever we need, when we need it. I claim all these promises on behalf of Gerry. Lord, I ask that you will give him wisdom, patience, and love for the upcoming responsibility to care for Lucille. May your Spirit lead and guide him in all his decisions. I ask these things in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church