Please pray for our Bible study

Posted By: Anonymous

Please pray for our Bible study - 08/11/00 01:52 AM

Please pray for the Bible study that we hold every second thursday at the Winnipeg ACS. Please pray that the Holy Spirit will be with us, to lead and guide us in His Word, and to lead others to join us and learn about Jesus.

We need all the prayers we can get!!

Thank you all.

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Posted By: PeggySue

Re: Please pray for our Bible study - 08/12/00 11:27 PM

Dear Sarah,

I have made a note of your request and will be praying for your Bible Study group. The next one will be the 14th of September if I understood you correctly?? On my computer I have these nifty little computer "post-it" notes that even have an alarm with them. I've set one for September 14 - so will not forget!!

------------------
God Bless and Have a Great Day!
Peggy

[This message has been edited by PeggySue (edited August 12, 2000).]

Re: Please pray for our Bible study - 08/17/00 03:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PeggySue:
Dear Sarah,

I have made a note of your request and will be praying for your Bible Study group. The next one will be the 14th of September if I understood you correctly?? On my computer I have these nifty little computer "post-it" notes that even have an alarm with them. I've set one for September 14 - so will not forget!!

Thank you Peggy - actually our next one is August 24th - we meet every two weeks. We really appreciate your prayers.

Actually, and also as an update, it appears that God may be leading us into a ministry with young teenagers as we have a couple girls who are attending on a fairly regular basis now and get into some heavy-duty questions. Our and your prayers are desperately needed as we continue down this journey that God has given us. May His will be done.

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Re: Please pray for our Bible study - 08/17/00 10:31 AM

Hi Sarah,

I've changed the date on my post-it, so will remember you on the 24th. Guiding and nurturing the lives of youth is an awesome ministry - may God continually bless you all!

------------------
Peggy

Re: Please pray for our Bible study - 08/25/00 12:22 PM

Hi Sarah - I didn't make it in here to post yesterday - but I wanted to let you know that I DID remember about your Bible study (even without my post-it note ) and I did pray for you yesterday!! I hope things went well for you! You're next one will be on September 7, right?

------------------
Peggy

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: Please pray for our Bible study - 08/25/00 02:14 PM

What time do they start?

Gerry B.

Re: Please pray for our Bible study - 08/26/00 12:51 AM

They start at 7 p.m., and yes, September 7 is the next one. Yesterday went well, no one came, but hopefully with prayer that will change. Fledgling study groups have this problem - especially in the summer. We also have a board meeting on Sunday (Aug 27) where we are planning to take our proposal back to the Board and ask if they would be willing to extend our study to every week - we feel that it might improve attendance if it was more frequent and people could get in the habit of attending. Please add to your prayers that the Board will agree and God will continue to bless.

I thank you all for your continued support, it means a lot to us and our work because I know that without prayer, we cannot get very far in God's work.

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Posted By: Daryl

Re: Please pray for our Bible study - 08/26/00 01:35 AM

What church board wouldn't agree to a request like that!

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl Fawcett :)

Re: Please pray for our Bible study - 08/27/00 06:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Moss:
Please add to your prayers that the Board will agree and God will continue to bless.

Dear Father,

During the summer so many of us get busy with things in our lives and we become somewhat "separated" from our church family. I pray that as the fall season approaches - as that period of time when many take their holidays comes to an end - that You will bless this Bible Study group and that the spiritual strength will grow there along with the numbers of people attending!

Please be with those who will be presenting the proposal for a weekly study group to the Church Board tomorrow evening. I ask that You open the hearts and minds of each Board member that they will understand the importance of having a weekly Bible study and that they will unequivocally and unanimously agree to the proposal.

Thank You Lord for hearing and answering our prayers!

In Jesus Precious Name!
Amen

------------------
Peggy

[This message has been edited by PeggySue (edited August 27, 2000).]

Re: Please pray for our Bible study - 08/27/00 07:24 PM

Sorry for the misunderstanding, it is the
ACS (Adventist Community Services) board that we must submit our proposal too. Thank you all for your prayers! However, we were unable to get our proposal drafted so we are postponing our proposal to next month's board meeting. Please continue to pray for us though as I truly feel the need for God's leading in our group.

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Re: Please pray for our Bible study - 09/08/00 01:56 AM

Well, we are soon to be off to our study.

Lord Jesus, I come to you now to ask that your Holy Spirit will lead and guide your people to You. I know that You desire that none should perish but that all should have eternal life! I pray that you will touch the hearts of those who attend, or want or need to attend a study of Your Word. I ask that you will lead them into our fold, that Your presence will inspire them and us. I ask that You would work through us, that Your Honor, Glory and Power would be seen, and not my insignificant contributions. We can do nothing without You, and therefore I ask that You be the One who leads, guides and teaches, that You will be the one who is in Control. I surrender all to You Lord, I give it all to You to do with as You will.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Posted By: Daryl

Re: Please pray for our Bible study - 09/08/00 04:32 AM

Don't forget to tell us how your study went.

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl

Re: Please pray for our Bible study - 09/08/00 05:05 AM

Unfortunately, again it didn't go. There must be a plan in here somewhere, and we are not going to give up, but it does get a little discouraging sometimes. I just don't know how to improve things - beyond prayer and more prayer. I will continue to pray that God will bless. I think we can always use more prayer. Maybe we need to change time/day/frequency. These things we will try. Thank you all for caring!

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church