Continuing To Pray For Karlie

Posted By: Daryl

Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 09/01/00 12:02 AM

We were praying for Karlie on the old MSDAOL.

We want to revive that prayer request and continue praying for her

You can find information about her on the link below:

http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/karliespage/

Linking this site here, of course, is another exception to our forum rules.

We are hoping that Karlie's mother will register again soon and give us a personal update here.

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl

Posted By: Jill

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 09/01/00 06:01 AM

Hi, glad to see you back online. I am so grateful to everyone for all the prayers and support. Karlie is doing wonderful. I don't know if I mentioned this but, she has also had problems with eating and impaired glucose intolerence. God led me to try and treat her with herbs instead of drugs and she has made an incredible turn around. After two weeks her blood sugar levels normalized and she started eating like a horse. She has also not been sick in over a month where before she constantly had a runny nose was always on antibiotics. We still have to get her to gain more weight, so please continue to pray for her. Isn't God amazing though. How He can use the plants he made to heal a sick child when doctors and all their medical knowledge can't? I love waiting to see what He will do next.

Thank-you Lord for blessing us with Your love. Thank-you so much for being an awesome God and not doing things in the expected ways, but for keeping us on our toes waiting to see Your next awesome work. And I want to thank-you Lord for listening to our prayers and problems. Sometimes we come with things that seems so insignificant, but You still care, and answer even before we ask. How wonderful are Your ways. Great and marvelous is Your work. Amen.

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 09/01/00 02:00 PM

Father, we are continually amazed at all You do for us.
You keep us going in spite of all the 'knowledgable' rhetoric of our learned men.
they say we can't make it, You say 'Yes you can'.

Thank you for the health and strength you have given to your daughter, and for the healing you give us in the plants you made.
Thank you for the continued recovery of little Karlie, and making her glucose levels come back to normal.
Father, we ask that You would continue to guide the doctors and her parents as she continues to recover.
Give them of Your wisdom, help them to help Karlie.
Build up her little body, make it strong, and, please Father, help her tp gain weight.
Thank You for hearing us, and for the answer You have sent,
in Jesus name, Amen

------------------
What is popular is not always right.
What is right is not always popular.

Gerry B.

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 09/01/00 09:15 PM

Welcome back Jill!

I am very glad you found us and that Karlie is doing really well.

We will all continue to pray for her that things will continue to go well.

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl Fawcett :)

Posted By: PeggySue

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 09/02/00 12:20 AM

Father,

I want to thank You for answering all the prayers that have been said for Karli so far - for laying Your healing hand on this blessed little child. I am so thankful that You care about ALL of our problems, worrys and cares - the big and the small!

I pray that You continue to touch Karlie's life... that she will continue to gain weight and be able to live a long and happy life!

Thank You, Lord, for hearing and answering our prayers!

In Jesus Precious Name!
Amen

------------------
God Bless and Have a Great Day!
Peggy

Posted By: Angie S

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 12/03/00 11:33 PM

I'm not totally sure of all of the details, but a woman at our church has been in touch with Jill and told us that this week sometime, Karlie will be going into the hospital to have, I believe, a feeding tube put in. Like I said, I don't know all of the details, but Karlie needs prayers, as does the rest of her family. When I know more, I'll post more, or have Jill post more.

God bless!
Angie

Posted By: Andrew Marttinen

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 12/04/00 05:03 AM

Dear Heavenly Father,

We trust that when You have begun a work in us, You will finish it. Please continue to stay by Karlie. We trust in Your power to bring total healing.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

------------------
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Don't let yesterday's mistakes trouble you, nor tomorrow's fears spoil your day.

Pastor Andrew

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 12/04/00 07:39 AM

Welcome back Jill

We join you in praising God for His healing and strength to Karlie.

Please keep us updated as needed, and we will keep praying, as needed.

Father in heaven

We thank you for helping Karlie so far, and we pray for Your help now with the feeding tube insertion; that it will better nourish her body and lead to a fulller recovery

------------------
"We are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets; Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Cornerstone!" (Eph.2:20).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 12/10/00 12:10 AM

I just got an e-mail from Jill and this is what she told me: "Yes Karlie is going to have a feeding tube. She will go in on the 17th and hopefully should be out by the 21st. Please pray for her and me, because I am really against this. I don't think it
is necessary, but the doctors are really pushy. Pray that she miraclously gains 5 lbs this week so I don't have to do this."

------------------
Smile, God is on your side!

Angie

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 12/10/00 05:14 AM

Hi Angie and also Jill, if you are also reading this prayer topic.

We will continue to pray for Karlie that she will gain those 5 pounds right away.

Daryl

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 12/17/00 05:35 PM

I spoke with Jill yesterday at a fellowship dinner and she told me that after Sabbath, they had to take Karlie to the hospital to have her feeding tube put in. She only gained a pound. I know we were all praying for a different outcome, but this is what has happened.

------------------
God bless!

Angie

Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 12/17/00 09:36 PM

What kind of feeding tube are they putting in? Are they inserting one into her stomach either through the nasal cavity or surgically through the abdominal wall? Or are they inserting a TPN line? A TPN line is inserted into a large vein in the neck or chest and nutrition is administered in a method similar to IV solutions.

[This message has been edited by Linda Sutton (edited December 17, 2000).]

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 12/19/00 07:52 AM

I have no idea, all of that stuff is WAY above me. All I know is that she was getting a feeding tube, I'll try to contact her today and find out.

------------------
God bless!

Angie

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 12/19/00 09:52 AM

Hello Angie

I'm sure that little Karlie will not be slowed down too much by a feeding tube. It may help her to have more energy, and/or endurance.

I just looked at her web page...she is such a little sweet heart. I wouldn't have any trouble spending time with her.

I was 14 years in nursing; and the last few, I specialized in pediatrics. When I was in training; my first patient was a little 4 month old fellow with CF, Spina Bifida, and "Short Gut Syndrome."

Although he got really sick at times, they did miracles with that little fellow.

I know that God is able to give Karlie similar miracles; and today, I am praying that she will be able to play and have fun, like all little ones her age like to do.

Father in heaven

I pray that You "shall supply all Karlie's needs; according to Your riches in glory, by Christ Jesus." (Phil.4:19). Give her what she needs Lord, to play and have fun, like little ones so love to do. May her parents experience the joy that comes from watching their little ones enjoy a child's world.

I thank You for hearing our prayers.

Amen.

------------------
Soul winning is soul loving.
see 1 Thes.5:14-15).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 12/26/00 11:12 PM

I received an e-mail from Jill and this is what she had to say, word-for-word: It's a G-tube or button some people call it. She is doing well and we
should be coming home thursday morning. Her web page has been updated as
well if anyone wants to check it out. Jill

------------------
God bless!

Angie

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 02/14/01 05:56 PM

Hi, sorry it's been so long since I signed on. Thank-you so much for all your prayers and concerns. Karlie is accepting the feeding tube ok, but right now I am totally frustrated. I try not to talk about my problems, because someone always has it worse, but I'm to the breaking point. She now doesn't want to eat as much and the weight gain slow. They have threatened to call protective services if she doesn't gain more. She is throwing up and wakes up several times a night so my sleep is not good. I hate this tube!! Please forgive my attitude Lord.

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 02/14/01 08:34 PM

I feel so inadequate Jill. Please know that I have you and Karlie in my prayers. You don't know me, but your post touched my heart.

Heavenly Father, please be with my sister Jill and her daughter Karlie. Give Jill the strength she needs to endure this trying time. Help Karlie to gain the weight she needs and to thrive. Help the authorities to leave them alone and let Jill do her job as mother. She is a wonderful mother, and doesn't need anyone interfering with the great job she has been doing. We put all our trust in you Lord and know that you have their best interests at heart. Please come quickly Lord Jesus and end this suffering in this awful world. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Re: Continuing To Pray For Karlie - 05/19/02 11:52 PM

Hi all, Well it's been a while, but I'm back again. Just to let you know the update on Karlie. She was in the hospital again, but this time she has a pulmonary abscess. Nothing even related to CF. She stayed two weeks in Spectrum Health, but they sent us home with IV antibiotics. We are going to do them at home for at least 3 weeks. But Karlie is doing very well and we expect full recovery. She is just sad, because we had to cancel a trip to Myrtle Beach and she can't finish school this year. Well I have to go for now. God Bless, Jill
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church