My mother-in-law

Posted By: Stephanie Suranyi

My mother-in-law - 10/29/00 09:23 PM

Hi all!
I got a call from my mother-in-law a few days ago and she did something that REALLY shocked me! She started asking questions about our religious beliefs.
To give everyone some background, my husband comes from a Jewish family. He was baptized into the SDA church December of last year. Well, things happened and we withdrew our membership. As a result of what happened, the pastor felt he couldn't marry us nad we were married in the county courthouse.
Well, Nina, my mother-in-law, asked me about it. She couldn't understand about what happened and why the pastor did what he did. While I am not sure if *I* completely understand it myself, I answered her questions as best I could. Well, she then asked me if the church recognized our marriage even though we were not married in the church. I told her yes, because even though we were married in the courthouse, we invited God into our marriage and the church members feel that they should help a newly married couple as much as is possible. The church members support the couple and give advice when they are able to help...as long as the couple is willing to listen
Well, she told me how things work in the Jewish religion and she seemed to really respond to what I was telling her. Only God knows her heart abnd I really hope you will keep her in your prayers. She says she wants to know about the SDA religion so she doesn't do something to offend us when it comes to raising our child. I have a feeling that there is more to it than that. There have been problems between my husband and his mother and there have been many times she has disappointed us. I hope this is the beginning of more discussions between her and me. I hope to one day be able to share the love of God with her and the love of Christ as well. Please pray for us.

------------------
HE is coming SOON!
Stephanie

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: My mother-in-law - 10/30/00 04:14 AM

Father in heaven

I thank you for the promise that assures us "the entrance of Thy Word giveth light." I pray according to this your word that you will open the door in Stephanie's family for the entrance of your Word, and the truth as it is in Jesus.

I pray that you will also bless each step that Stephanie and her husband take, in committment to their local church.

You have promised that your house will be a house of prayer for all nations...including the Jewish nation. May the Jewish members of their family be open to Jesus; we pray in His name.

Amen.

------------------
"We are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets; Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Cornerstone!" (Eph.2:20).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church