Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain

Posted By: Daryl

Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 11/24/00 11:41 PM

I thought it would be a good idea to begin a prayer chain in which one member of Maritime SDA OnLine would pray a one sentence prayer and a different member would continue with another one sentence prayer that either continues the same thought or moves onto a new thought.

You can pray more than once, however, please don't be the very next person to pray again.

I will begin.

Dear Heavenly Father,

As the Sabbath is about to begin in my neck of the woods, I would like to thank You for the Sabbath that reminds us of the fact that You created us.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 11/24/00 11:56 PM

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you so much for creating this Sabbath Day so your children can come apart from the cares and worries of this world and spend that extra special time with You.

Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 11/25/00 01:24 AM

Thank You Father, for bringing us safely through another week.

------------------

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 11/25/00 02:56 AM

Thank You, Father, for the strength You have given us to accomplish all, our tasks, and to prepare for the Sabbath You have given us.

------------------
What is popular is not always right.
What is right is not always popular.

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 11/25/00 05:32 AM

Father in heaven

This Sabbath I want to thank you for the promise that "Christ will never abandon those for whom He has died." (PK 176).

------------------
"We are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets; Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Cornerstone!" (Eph.2:20).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Posted By: Zita

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 11/25/00 09:52 AM

And for the peace that comes as Sabbath begins, as the turmoil and work of the week abates,we welcome this time to spend in fellowship with You, oh our wonderful God, in worship, praise and study as we meet in Your sanctuary, fellowshipping with like-minded people.
Posted By: BELLE

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 11/26/00 12:19 AM

Lord, we know You are in control of all things - we pray for Your guidance of the winners of the elections and your blessings on our Nations.
Posted By: Catherine

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 11/26/00 04:36 AM

Oh my dear Father, I am so thankful more than anything else for Your unfailing, faithful love for me, in spite of my unworthiness, and for Your constant presence with me, and Your promises to give me a new heart like Yours, and to keep me faithful to You until the end.

------------------
The Lord is the strength of my life and my portion forever.

Posted By: Andrew Marttinen

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 11/26/00 05:39 AM

Give me grace that is sufficent for the time that I need it and to not worry about the future.

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 11/26/00 06:34 PM

Father; this morning I praise you for the unconditional love that you have for us here on MSDAOL; and for the opportunity to share that love with others on the internet.

------------------
"We are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets; Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Cornerstone!" (Eph.2:20).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 11/28/00 06:11 PM

Dear Heavenly Father,

I also pray for us as a family here in the Maritime SDA OnLine Family Fellowship Forums in that we will truly reflect Your love by loving one another so that those browsing our forums can truly see that we know You and love you and also love one another as You love us.

Posted By: Andrew Marttinen

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 11/29/00 07:19 AM

Each day, may we be like the Apostle Andrew, bringing family, friends and neighbours to the feet of Jesus.

------------------
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Don't let yesterday's mistakes trouble you, nor tomorrow's fears spoil your day.

Pastor Andrew

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 11/28/00 08:29 PM

May we be a happy united family, clothed with the garments of praise and thanksgiving - the robe of Christ's righteousness.

------------------

Your brother in Christ
David T. Battler
-------------------------------------------

David, I deleted the double post.
Gerry

[This message has been edited by Gerry Buck (edited November 29, 2000).]

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 12/07/00 08:08 PM

Dear Jesus

May You be dear to each one in the MSDAOL family. I thank you for the promise to us that "Of the increase of His government and peace, there shall be no end." (Isa.9:7).

------------------

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 12/07/00 09:16 PM

Dear Heavenly Father,

I pray you will draw all of us to participate daily in this prayer chain.

May You bless the next one to post a prayer sentence or two here.

Daryl

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 12/10/00 06:54 PM

Lord,

Make me a nail on the wall, fastened securely in it's place, and from this thing so common and so small, hang a bright picture of Thy face. (Isa.22:23-24).

------------------

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 12/12/00 07:06 AM

Father in heaven

It is minus 30 degrees outside today in Calgary; but I pray that Your will send Your Spirit to warm the hearts of our MSDAOL Family, that we might "know the love of Christ," and talk about this as naturally as we would the weather.

------------------

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 12/29/00 06:53 PM

Dear Father in heaven

I thank you that all your paths are mercy and truth unto such as keep your covenant, and your testimonies. (Ps.25:10).

------------------
Soul winning is soul loving.
see 1 Thes.5:14-15).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 12/29/00 10:52 PM

Dear Heavenly Father,

May we be more faithful in other things than we have been in this prayer chain.

I pray every member of Maritime SDA OnLine will post at least one prayer consisting of at least one or two sentences to You here to end this year and to begin the new year.

As I look back over the year 2000, I have much to thank You for.

Thank You for watching over Maritime SDA OnLine and for seeing us through its rough times. I pray that You will draw others here. Thank You for those You have already drawn here.

May we all be a witness to each other and to others lurking here.

In the name of Your Son Jesus,

Amen!

Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 12/30/00 02:32 AM

Lord, you have tried to show and teach me many things this past year. Help me to remember those lessons and apply what I have learned to the new year.

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Prayer Chain - 12/30/00 05:50 PM

Dear Lord

I come in agreement this Sabbath day with sister Linda's prayer:

"Show me Thy ways O Lord; teach me Thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me; for Thou art the God of my salvation; on Thee do I wait all the day..." (Ps.25:4-5).

This is the last Sabbath of 2000. When we get to the church today; for our last sabbath in our old church; "I will declare Thy name unto the brethren; in the midst of the congregation will I praise Thee." (Ps.22:22).

------------------
Soul winning is soul loving.
see 1 Thes.5:14-15).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church