FURNACE OUT

Posted By: Gerry Buck

FURNACE OUT - 03/11/01 07:50 AM

Two weeks ago today, our furnace quit on us, and, we have been using a kerosene heater and the oven on the cookstove to heat our home.

Only problem is, we are all getting sick from this.

I have had headaches, but, Dee is suffering from sore throat, hard to breathe and sick to stomach.

Kathy [my wife] is asthmatic and it doesn't help her, either.

Luci is recovering from a stroke and is having headaches, she is afraid it is another stroke coming on as that is how the last one started.

They can't seem to find the cause of it not running, and it still won't heat this house.
Please pray that something will be done soon.
Thanks.

Posted By: mouse

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/10/01 08:35 PM

Heavenly Father,
So many times You have helped me with mechanical stuff, especially with my computers. You have all the answers to our mechanical needs. And we all watched in real time Your holy angels fixing all the computers in the whole world as 1999 ended and 2000 began. Truly Your angels are holding hands, belting this world, keeping the armies of satan at bay.
Lord, You know all about Gerry's furnace. You want them to be in health; but the enemy is attacking right now in Gerry's house. Rebuke him, Lord, and please send one of Your precious angels to fix it and keep it running.
And we give You all the praise and glory for this, in Jesus' name, amen
Posted By: Andrew Marttinen

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/10/01 11:20 PM

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please help in this case by working out the best possible arrangement for Gerry and his family.

If it is your will, bring Spring on--quickly, please, so we don't have to rely on furnaces so much.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

------------------
Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful. Rom. 12:12 NLT

Posted By: Daryl

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/11/01 04:52 AM

Dear Heavenly Father,

I pray that you will take care of Gerry's need of warmth in their home by helping them find the reason for their furnace problem.

In Christ's name I pray,

Amen!

Daryl

Posted By: Daryl

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/11/01 04:56 AM

Thank You, Lord, for answering my prayer, even before I posted it.

Amen!

Daryl

Posted By: Edward F Sutton

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/11/01 09:42 AM

Gerry stop reading this & go to a neighbour's house pick up the phone & call your local hospital and get your whole family in an emergency shelter you are all displaying classic symptoms of carbon monoxide and kerosene fumes poisoning. The longer you all stay where you are at, the closer to death you will get.

Go to Walmart & get a carbon-monoxide alarm & put it in your house. Call the fire department and get them or whoever they refer you to, to come and check out the air quality in the house. Every year families die because of this in the winter. Don't risk becoming a mortality satistic - get out of there now.

I was a credentialled Respritory Therapty Technician, It was part of my job to spot symptoms of inhaled poisons. Carbon monoxide sticks to the red blood cells 250 times better than oxygen. In ER's it was no fun to see rosey cheeked corpses, dead from carbon monoxide poisoning. People who survive it do get damaged by it, sometimes for life.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/11/01 03:22 PM

The furnace is up and running, for now.
The kerosene heater is shut down and the oven is turned off.

We have ideas of what to do next time it happens thanks to Linda and several others.

i thank you fro your prayers, they helped a great deal.

We have been informed that the furnace we have is a known troublemaker, and that we should try to replace it this summer (spring actually).
Evidently MichCon has a program of loans to help low income homes obtain a new furnace.

We plan to use it.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/11/01 10:06 PM

That's what I thought Ed. But I didn't feel qualified to say anything. Maybe I won't be so quiet next time. I was hoping the baby wasn't in the house. I think you all should still go get checked out Gerry. I'm concerned and praying for your health and that of your family.

Wendy

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/12/01 01:21 AM

No, we would never allow the baby in the house with the trouble we had.
We are all right, all the symptoms cleared up within a matter of hours after the furnace was turned back on.

Ed:
I won't use the oven again, your great bride told me a better way, and I will use it if need be.

I am still a little tired, but, that is normal with the little problem I have.
I have to see the doctor in a couple days and will tell her about the last 2 weeks.
Thank you all again,
Gerry

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/12/01 03:05 AM

I'm glad you are all okay Gerry. I'm praying for you still, I hope your health problems will resolve with the program you've started.

God bless,
Wendy

Posted By: Angie S

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/13/01 11:28 PM

There's no way I would have taken the baby into the house with it like that. We have had our own share of problems with furnaces lately. Our pilot light kept going out and we couldn't figure out why. It's staying lit, now, but we went and got a CO detector after the second time it went out. It hasn't gone off once since we bought it, either, thank God! He truly was watching over us. I thank you all for your prayers for my dad's furnace, I didn't know about the headaches and such until today when I came online and read this thread. That's it, dad, NO MORE KEROSENE HEATERS! I would definitely check into MichCon's loan program, quickly.

------------------
God bless!

Angie

Posted By: Stephanie Suranyi

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/15/01 09:49 PM

Hey, what were the ideas that Linda, et all said to do? I feel like I am left in the dark lately.
We, too, had troubles w/ the furnace here....Maybe it is a Michigan thing? LOL
The pilot light would go out during the nite here and when Dave would get up in the morning, he would have to dress quickly and go down into the basement to light it again. Haven't had any problems for the last week tho, THANK GOD! Anyway, Anyone wanna let me in on the secrets of how to heawt the house when you have no furnace?

------------------
HE is coming SOON!
Stephanie

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/16/01 03:15 AM

If you have a gas styove, put a pan of watewr on the burtner on top and let it boil, them turn down to a simmer and the steam will heat the house without the increased danger of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Did I get it right Linda?
Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/16/01 05:36 AM

Actually, Gerry, I'm still scratching my head trying to remember when I gave you any advice on the situation. I'm thinking that the credit ought to go to someone else. I know I am having those senior moments from time to time, but I really just can't recall.

------------------
For I know that my redeemer liveth,
and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.

Linda

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/16/01 05:42 AM

In an e-mail you sent to me, or maybe it was Ed.
Not sure now.
Old age, I guess.
Posted By: Catherine

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/16/01 05:03 PM

Maybe you were referring to my suggestion in the chat room that you boil a large kettle of water on the stove?

------------------
The Lord is the strength of my life and my portion forever.

[This message has been edited by Cathy Sears (edited March 16, 2001).]

Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/17/01 02:45 AM

It wasn't my memory failing. The credit goes to Cathy.

------------------
For I know that my redeemer liveth,
and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.

Linda

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/17/01 04:16 AM

So I suffer from the old age disease, can't remember stuff of any kind.
Memory is the first to go, so they say.

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/28/01 02:59 PM

Well, here we go again.

It quit sometime in the night.
Talked to MichCon, they do not have a program, I will have to talk to the provider themselves, then get back to them.

Posted By: Sarah Moss

Re: FURNACE OUT - 03/29/01 07:07 AM

THe Lord promises that He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Lord, I claim this promise for Gerry and his family. You know their needs Lord, I ask that you provide for them. You who made all things have power over even our furnaces and our heating. I ask that you restore heat to Gerry's home in a safe manner. I pray that you will bless his home as he continues to serve you. May you show Him your Will and Your leading in this situation. Keep them safe in Your arms and warm under Your wings. I thank you Father, for You hear all our cries. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church