an outside prayer request, please pray for them.

Posted By: Gerry Buck

an outside prayer request, please pray for them. - 01/13/02 06:14 AM

I am sharing an e-mail I received from my wifes cousin.
He is really anxious for this to be done, so, I thought I would just post his message here as he wrote it.

Gerry, I know you subscribe to one or more religious newsletters.
Although I'm not a very religous person at the present time, I do believe in the power of prayer and I am wondering if you could have your friends pray for an internet friend of mine and her family. The people are Dave and Sandy Bowen of Baltimore, Maryland. Dave has been fighting a battle with lung cancer and had been completely clean until a recent doctor visit where more was found. Please ask your friends to pray for his recovery and also Sandy's 82 year old mother who is suffering with a case of pneumonia. Dave is a veteran Baltimore police officer and has been with the force for more than 25 years. Thank you and God Bless.

Pat
I was surprised that he requested this from me, as most of the time he refuses to talk about anything religious.
Please, pray for these people, I will contact him from time to time for an update.
Thank you.

Posted By: Daryl

Re: an outside prayer request, please pray for them. - 01/19/02 04:26 AM

Dear Heavenly Father,

You have read the prayer request in this thread.

This person may be putting you to the test, therefore, please show this person that you are a personal and loving and caring Great Physician and Creator God by responding to this prayer in a way that will bring gloty to You.

In the name of Jesus Christ I pray wityh thanks,

Amen!

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: an outside prayer request, please pray for them. - 01/29/02 02:42 AM

I received this e-mail from my wifes cousin today.
It appears that this family is preparing for the worst.

Thanks Gerry, I'll check it out later. To answer your question of the other day, about Sandy and Dave Bowens, I talked to Sandy the other night on AIM and she told me Dave is in the hospital right now because he has been having bad reactions from the chemo therapy he has to take.

She is not in very good spirits and actually has given up hope of his survival. He has small cell lung cancer which, according to her, is the
worst kind to have. She said to thank you for the prayers and she just wants God to take him cleanly without a lot of suffering.
They have
discussed this between themselves and have been making arrangements accordingly since they found his cancer was back,
I told her that God gave her one miracle already and there is no reason to believe he won't do it again.
She is very depressed and I really don't know how to make her feel better except by telling her that all is in God's hands and he will do what is best for both of them.

Take care, Pat

It appears as though things are going from bad to worse.
Please pray that God's will be done and that they receive His comfort and peace at this time.
Thank you to all the Maritime family for your prayers.

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church