Pray for my husband

Posted By: Angie S

Pray for my husband - 04/28/02 03:00 AM

Since the first of this month, my husband has been having seizures. The doctors, as yet, have no idea what is causing them. He has an appointment with a neurologist on the 7th of next month and, hopefully, we will see what is going on and why. This has been very stressful for me as we have just moved and I am trying to unpack everything and get each day going for our two kids and also for my husband. He cannot be left alone because of the seizures, so he and our kids have to go to his mom's house while I am at work. Please pray that the neurologist will know what is going on and that God will guide his hand in any treatment that he has to go thru. I thank you all in advance for your prayers. May God richly bless each and every one of you!

Angie

Posted By: Daryl

Re: Pray for my husband - 04/28/02 04:51 AM

Dear Heavenly Father,

You have allowed this to happen to bring Angie and her husband closer to You.

I now ask You to do the work of the Great Physician and bring healing to Angie's husband by leading the doctors to the cause and consequently a treatment to remove that cause.

In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ I pray,

Amen.

Posted By: Angie S

Re: Pray for my husband - 04/30/02 02:44 AM

Well, yesterday, my mother-in-law took him to the hospital because he was having stomach pain and his belly was, in general, hard. His liver enzymes were high, and they said it was probably from a binge drinking session about a week ago. My husband hasn't had a drink since 1996 at our wedding reception. But the doctor insisted that that was the reason and left it at that. They also found out that he has some internal bleeding of some sort, but they don't know where, and then sent him home. He had to go to his doctor today to get checked out. When he got there, they told him that he would have to wait to see a doctor until the 10th. His one enzyme level was almost twice the normal high, and the other one was about 20 points above the normal high. His seizures have ceased because of the dilantin he's on. He has to take 200 mg of it in the morning and 300 mg in the evening. He's not had a seizure in over a week. He passed out the other night, but that's all that has happened. He isn't sleeping as much as he was when the seizures started, and he's making up songs like he used to. He takes the tunes to different songs and gives them his own words. It's nice to have him somewhat back to normal. He's not 100% yet, but hopefully soon he can be close to it. Well, I must say goodbye for now. Thanks to all of you for your prayers.

Angie

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: Pray for my husband - 05/20/02 02:15 AM

Angie hasn't had a chance to post here lately, so will give a brief update.
He has been in the hospital for the last week.
He had a couple bad seizures and they finally decided to try to do something.
They determined that one of the medications he is on is affecting his liver, one of the side effects if his doctor had bothered to check, and so far he hasn't had another seizure.
He must be feeling better because he has been calling and teasing his son that 'the little people were coming to get him', my wife and I will try to bring him back for a stay after the treaining session at Andrews.
We still don't know what is causing his seizures, but, the Dilatin seems to have them under control.

Please, continue to remember him in your prayers, he has a long way to go, yet.
Thank you and God bless,
Gerry

Posted By: Daryl

Re: Pray for my husband - 05/20/02 04:33 AM

Thanks for the update, Gerry.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please continue to watch over Angie's husband and help the doctors to find the real cause of his seizures so that he can be healed from that.

In Christ's name,

Amen!

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church