Ikan's Mother

Posted By: Ikan

Ikan's Mother - 12/28/03 02:28 AM

Please lift up my Mother, as she has suffered her first ever heart attack and is the the hospital. I have no other data at this time. Will update when I get info.
Posted By: Wendy F

Re: Ikan's Mother - 12/28/03 05:04 AM

You are both in my prayers Ikan.

God bless you in this trying time.

Wendy and family
Posted By: Will

Re: Ikan's Mother - 12/28/03 05:26 AM

My prayers are with your mom and with you & your family Ikan. I have\will continue to pray for her until further notice.
quote:

Nahum 1:7
7 The LORD [is] good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

God Bless,
Will
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Ikan's Mother - 12/28/03 07:31 AM

[Pray or Praying or Prayer] Our prayers are with her and with you and the rest of the family. [Pray or Praying or Prayer]

Please do keep us updated.
Posted By: Dora

Re: Ikan's Mother - 12/28/03 10:11 AM

Yes, Ikan, I too, will be praying for your Mother, and for you and all the family.

I will also be looking for the updates.

In His Love,
Dora

Re: Ikan's Mother - 12/28/03 01:55 PM

Thank you dear Friends.
The only news I have is from my brother in Spain, who was phoned from the States by my other brother.

So far it seems to be a medium one. I pray that this will be her wake up call on diet, as I have been urging vegetarianism on her for years. Plus she is diabetic.

She is friendly towards the Three Angel's Message, but I fear it is only because of the salvational change in me, not because of inherent Truth found there. She has many EGW books, but I don't know if she has read them.

I will update as I hear.

Thanks again.

Re: Ikan's Mother - 12/28/03 05:48 PM

Praise God for the true family here on MSDAOL.

A good brother here actually called my Mom's hospital for me, and she is doing pretty good.He e-mailed me her bed-side phone number and ZAP...I was talking with her from half way around the world!!

She will be down for a week, and taking a bunch of pills, but was in good spirits.

As a diabetic she will have to even more radically change her diet because of this.
She still is resisting my urging a vegetarian lifestyle,saying that diabetics must eat meat, as her doctor said. Sad.
Wish I could get some SDA doctor on her case.

Thanks for your prayers during this crisis, and THANK YOU so much dear brother for caring so much as to call my Mom.

This is how christians treat each other!!!
Posted By: John H.

Re: Ikan's Mother - 12/29/03 12:56 AM

Good news!

Ya only gets one Mom.

Re: Ikan's Mother - 12/29/03 06:55 PM

Amen Ikan! Good to know that The Lord is answering prayers and restoring her health [Thank You] .

The Lord has a work to do and He is the Author and Finisher of our faith, and if she is 'partial' to the Three Angel's message due to a change in you Ikan it is because God is showing her the change that we can all have and the gift of eternal life, and be new again in Christ Jesus. So this in itself would be a testimony of the power in the blood of Christ to forgive sins, cleanse us of all unrighteousness, and present us Holy and blameless before God. All in His time [Smile]

God Bless,
Will

Re: Ikan's Mother - 12/31/03 05:51 AM

Thanks everyone, so much...She is back hone rehabing...Family will oversee her (or try too! She's very much independent!) Diet is the key.
Posted By: Edwin O Owino

Re: Ikan's Mother - 12/31/03 08:27 PM

Hello Ikan, Glad to hear that your mother is recovering, I'll lift your family and your mum to the Lord in prayer. Please continue with the noble effort of propagating the health message, it will not be in vain.

Blessings,
EDWIN

Re: Ikan's Mother - 01/01/04 12:06 AM

Amen Ikan! [Big Grin] Good to know that she is back and that God has given her another year of Life to look back upon and another year to look forward to.

God Bless,
Will

Re: Ikan's Mother - 01/02/04 12:32 AM

I'm very glad to hear the news Ikan. As far as diet goes, Dr.McDougall has a wonderful website, and he shows very clearly how diabetics do much better without meat and shows them how. Try typing Dr.McDougall into a search engine.

God bless,
Wendy
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Ikan's Mother - 01/02/04 01:41 AM

Wendy,

Feel free to post the actual link here. [Smile]

Re: Ikan's Mother - 01/02/04 09:38 AM

Here it is Dr.John McDougall

Enjoy and Happy New Year!

Wendy [Pray or Praying or Prayer]

Re: Ikan's Mother - 01/02/04 12:25 PM

Thanks everyone! Dr. D's site is great!
Wish I had know about it earlier. I had talked with him on another forum before he died about his hopes of writing a book about Dr. Kellogg, but, well, I suppose that will have to be taken up by others.
My Mom is resting at home. I will have to print out any Dr.D's advice and mail it to her, since she is not the computer sort.
Posted By: John H.

Re: Ikan's Mother - 01/02/04 04:51 PM

Ikan, I believe you're thinking of Dr. Dugald Lewis -- who unfortunately passed away back in December. Different person.

Re: Ikan's Mother - 01/02/04 06:35 PM

Ooops!
I'm getting my Dr. Doug and Dr. Dugs mixed up....
(Is this how Doug Batchelor "died" in Korea?)
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church