Pray for God's will in my job search

Posted By: Angie Street

Pray for God's will in my job search - 05/27/05 02:55 PM

Hello all. I am here again to ask for prayer, again. It seems like Satan is really getting tough with me. I don't know how many of you know that I have been working at Whirlpool. This was through a temp agency and Whirlpool decided, unexpectedly, last Tuesday, to end my assignment, effective last Friday. I have been searching for another job, which is not going so well. I don't know if God plans for me to be home for the summer with my kids or if He has another plan for me. Whatever His plan is, please pray for His will. I would like to go back to work, but if He doesn't want me to, well, what can I do to argue with that? So, I am just asking that you pray for God's will in this situation. I know I am and my family is, as well. Thank you, God bless and I hope all of you have a wonderful Sabbath!
Posted By: debbie

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 05/27/05 07:31 PM

Angie, if you have children at home, I believe if you can financially do it, you should probably stay home with them.

I loved having my mother at home when I was growing up. It never failed if I had a problem at school or playing with friends, I always knew she was close by to talk to about it. Those things can be so important to children. My mother was the center of my life.

Even when I was a teen, for a short while, my mother worked to help pay for my Academy bill. I also worked and can remember trying to work extra hours so my mother wouldn't have to work--that is how much I loved having her at home. She baked bread and cooked such wonderful things and was the center of keeping our family together.

So I chose to stay home with my children. I'm so glad that I did. Pray about it and study to find out what God might say on that subject in His Word and in the Spirit of Prophecy.
Posted By: Stephanie Suranyi

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 05/27/05 09:40 PM

I agree, but, one thing in her situation. Financially, it would be difficult because her husband is unable to work. But, it is possible that God is saying stay home for now......
Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 05/29/05 10:53 PM

Whatever He has, it is far better than anything we could imagine or ask.
Father, please give your daughter the strength and trust she needs at this time.
We know You want only thje best for us, and we know You will never fail us.
Thank You for whatever You have chosen for Angie, help her to be ready for it when You reveal it.
Thank You in the name of our Precious Saviour and big brother, Jesus,
Amen

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 06/01/05 04:21 PM

Thanks, dad. I really needed that today. Right now, I am clinging with all my might to Jeremiah 29:11-12, " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.' " I was reading a book the morning before I went to work and was told I was losing my job. I couldn't quite finish the book before I left, even tho I tried. Well, I finished reading the book that night as my kids were going to sleep. That verse was in that book. Not only that, but the next 3 books I have read since then, have also had that verse in it. I know God has given me this verse to cling to. Let me tell you, I'm doing just that. I don't have a choice, even if I didn't want to have that verse, which I definitely do, it's everywhere, I can't get away from it! I don't pick the books I read based on verses in it, they have to capture my attention and these are the books that God has caused to capture my attention.

Debbie, I would love nothing better than to stay home with my kids and raise them as a stay-at-home mom, but we just purchased a home, which is costing us $550.00 a month, we have a car payment of $240.00 a month, plus utilities and other necessities, like food, clothing and gas for our car. I just don't see us being able to make it with just my husband's disability. I know, God's math is much different than ours. He has shown us that many times. He has always carried us, esp. thru hard times. We seem to have a lot of those... I am just waiting for God to show me the job He wants me to have. And praying, a lot. [Smile]

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 06/09/05 03:48 PM

Well, yesterday, I called the unemployment office to find out if I am going to receive unemployment benefits, and I was told that because I was technically fired from my job, it could be 6 to 8 weeks before I get the benefits, if I get them then. The reason I was let go is because I told them that I was stressed in my position and asked if there was a less stressful position I could take, they tried to find one for me, but they couldn't, so they ended my assignment. Please, remember me in your prayers. I am feeling downhearted at this time. I still know and am firmly holding onto the belief that God has a plan for me, I just need reassurance. Thank you all.
Posted By: Sarah Moss

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 06/13/05 04:38 AM

Angie, that is one of my favourite verses as well. Sometimes life just seems to keep throwing lemons at you. The enemy attacks, but God provides.

Lord, please bless Angie & her family. She needs you right now to lead her and guide her in her decisions, this is a huge one! Please, provide for their family, ensure all the bills are paid, the debts are covered and food is in the cupboards. The world's resources are in Your storehouses, please shower upon Angie's family all that they need.

Thank you! In Jesus' name, Amen.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 06/13/05 05:20 AM

[Pray or Praying or Prayer] I want to add my "amen" to Sarah's prayer. [Pray or Praying or Prayer]

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 06/13/05 09:45 PM

Well, I have an interview at the county courthouse on Thursday. I applied for a court clerk position. I don't know what the pay is, but I imagine it is pretty good. Please pray for this interview. I'm nervous. [Frown] I always seem to stumble when I am in an interview. But, most of all, pray for God's will for this interview. I know that if He wants me here, it will happen.

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 06/17/05 08:57 PM

Well, I have a feeling that God answered our prayers for this interview with a big "no." The interview went, well, let's just say not so good. I stumbled, bumbled and just didn't make a good impression. Wasn't much I could do, when they asked me a question, I had to think of an answer and I said "um" a whole lot more than I wanted to. I hate that word! Also, I found out that this position is more stressful than my previous job, from which I was let go... I doubt that they will call me for a second interview and even if they do... I don't know that I will take it. The stress of my previous job was coming home with me and affecting my family life. I was yelling at my kids more often and I was always mad at my husband... Not the sort of family life I want, at all. Please continue praying for me, maybe there will be another position at the courthouse or other state buildings that I could handle. Either way, I only want God's will in th is. It isn't worth it to have a job if it isn't what God wants me to be doing. I'll just have to wait and see.
Posted By: Will

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 06/18/05 12:04 AM

Sister Angie,
Iwill be praying for you, and wanted to let you know that you are not the only one dealing with a stressful environment.
I am currently either on or going onto short term disability due to high levels of anxiety and depression which was caused by the stresslevel at my work (doing the job of 3-5 people for over 2 years). My health has gone downhill which makes me susceptible to illnesses and takes a very long time for me to recouperate i.e. over 1 month so far and I still have a head cold.
God has something planned and he is Faithful & True, we need to pray faithfully, that it be according to His will, and not regard sin in our lives, and I am not saying you do at all but want to point out that this is in the Bible.
I feel that this is a time God has intervened and is calling your attention, and we need to seek His face and cling like Jacob did when he struggeled with the Angel, and prevailed. You and your family are in my prayers.
God Bless,
Will
Posted By: debbie

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 06/18/05 05:43 AM

Angie, I didn't know that your husband was home with a disability when I posted above. Perhaps he could watch the children then while you work. God opened up the way for every job I've ever had and He will help you too!

Keep praying and keep looking!

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 06/19/05 07:19 PM

Debbie,
That's what Jay has been doing. He's been watching them while she worked..... They also went to his mom & grandma's house during the day.

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 06/21/05 04:28 PM

Yes, he has been keeping an eye on the kids while I worked. It had been like that for almost 2 years, before the last month. It is a blessing that he gets the disability, esp. because the kids get it, too. The whole dependent thing. So, we are not completely without funds each month. It's just that there is more bills at the end of the money. We have 2 house payments, long story, a car payment, the regular monthly utility bills, (we are on the budget plan for our gas bill, which is a good thing, because we would have been paying $500US a month this past winter) plus cell phone bills, we can't get rid of those because we (stupidly) signed a contract, it would cost us more money to end the contract than to just keep paying monthly, and then, the end of this month is Jay's birthday. Most times, that would be a blessed event, but both of our car tags are due then... yeah. Sorry, I reverted for a minute to my sarcasm. I do that when I am feeling overwhelmed. So, here we are... Please pray. Am trying right now to see if I can get the car payment deferred for a month so that we can pay for the car tags. [Pray or Praying or Prayer]

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 07/17/05 04:58 PM

My unemployment benefits came just in time to pay the car tags without having to get the car payment deferred. Now, we face another dilemma... our car insurance (full coverage on the car we are still paying on) is due the end of this month. We have been surviving so far because we have been getting assistance from the state with our food... we just got a letter in the mail saying that was being cut off completely (going from almost $400US a month to nothing). I still haven't found a job. I check different job search websites everyday and find nothing. My mother-in-law works for one of the local hospitals and said that there is an opening for an accounting assistant position in the hospital structure. She is going to get more information for me, I would like to have this type of job because that is what interests me... accounting. Didn't go to school for it, went for electronics engineering, but that doesn't interest me. It stopped interesting me before I graduated, but I figured I would graduate with a degree and then use that degree to pay for more schooling. I got pregnant instead. Anyway, I would like to have prayer still for this. Thanks all of you!

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 08/05/05 04:51 PM

I have a job! I just got a phone call from the place I had my last interview, about 4 weeks ago. She said she wants me to start on Monday. There is a definite pay cut from my previous job, but I will be getting more than I am on unemployment. Thank you for your prayers. Please pray that I will do well in this job. God bless, and have a Happy Sabbath!

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search - 08/05/05 07:14 PM

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! All in God's timing. I am glad you have a new job, Angie. And, I am glad it is with an Adventist company! At least now you won't have to worry about Sabbath issues there!
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church