Major Upgrade Notice

Posted By: Daryl

Major Upgrade Notice - 12/27/02 12:18 AM

This is to notify everybody that I will soon be doing a major upgrade during which time MSDAOL will be temporarily unavailable.

I plan to do this either sometime this evening, possibly as early as in a few minutes from now, or as late as early tomorrow morning.

As this is a major upgrade, I pray that it will go OK.
Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: Major Upgrade Notice - 12/27/02 01:41 AM

EEEEEEEEK! [Eek!] Everytime you upgrade we loose something we were used to and gain something new we have to learn and things get whacky for a while. Just have to keep us on our toes, huh? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posted By: mouse

Re: Major Upgrade Notice - 12/27/02 03:08 AM

Actually, Linda, Daryl doesn't want his moderators posting in their sleep!! [Big Grin]

He wants you wide awake while on duty [Razz]

Isn't that right, Daryl?? [Wink]

[ December 26, 2002, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: anonymouse ]

Re: Major Upgrade Notice - 12/27/02 03:13 AM

That last problem was a server transfer.

This is only a software upgrade with some new bells and whistles, etc. [Smile]

Re: Major Upgrade Notice - 12/27/02 06:41 AM

Upgrade completed. [Smile]

I will be testing out the new features. If I experience any problems, I will let you know here.

If you experience any problems, please let me know here as well.

Thank you.
Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: Major Upgrade Notice - 12/27/02 07:43 AM

Hey! I'm getting dizzy. First is has no dates, then it has dates, then it has no dates.

Please, please leave the dates, on the main page and in the various forums. I do by dates. Can't tell how many topics have been posted to without them.

Thank You!
Posted By: mouse

Re: Major Upgrade Notice - 12/27/02 08:49 AM

My, aren't we up late tonight??? [Big Grin]

Yes, I like the dates, the topic and last person to post showing also. But, then again, it does make for a nice clean look without them [Smile]

So, if we can't have dates etc., then we will need to have good symbols showing which threads have new posts in them.

Wow, Daryl, you're getting rather expert at this, eh?? What was it... only a couple hours this time?? [Razz]

Re: Major Upgrade Notice - 01/05/03 08:38 PM

I thought I had better finally answer this. [Smile]

They are improving in their upgrade process.

All I had to do was to upload the files, tell it to process the upgrade, and it did the rest all by itself. [Big Grin]

Since then, I also added the chat feature. As this wasn't part of the upgrade, I am still trying to get the glitches out of it.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church