Information About Forum Moderators of MSDAOL

Posted By: Daryl

Information About Forum Moderators of MSDAOL - 03/13/06 03:33 AM

A question was asked about a Forum Moderator of MSDAOL that prompted me to post this piece of information.

Forum Moderator (MSDAOL) appears below the member's name only in the forum in which he/she is a forum moderator. In forums in which he/she doesn't appear as a forum moderator, the words Forum Moderator (MSDAOL) doesn't show, but rather shows as any other member of MSDAOL.
Posted By: liane

Re: Information About Forum Moderators of MSDAOL - 03/15/06 05:56 AM

Hi Brother Daryl:

Are you sure????

SDA Church Issues Mark Shipowick is the forum moderator, but when rosangela posts there below her picture it states Forum Moderator.

SDA Church Concern Rosangela is the forum moderator,, but when Mark Shipowick posts there he is listed as a forum moderator.

Maybe the system is not working right????

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Posted By: Will

Re: Information About Forum Moderators of MSDAOL - 03/15/06 09:42 AM

Its working fine Liane, its not a showstopper.
In fact if you go into the forum in which you had found the issue you will notice a list of names of people who moderate the forum, Rosangela is one of them [Big Grin]
God Bless,
Will

Re: Information About Forum Moderators of MSDAOL - 03/15/06 02:13 PM

I have a knack of picking up on little things and it just confused me what Brother Daryl said.

I do not see a list of moderators, just one name for each forum.

It is an interesting system though as I did more research and it appears on other forums that a person is just a member someplace else but listed as a moderator in others even if they are not listed as a moderator on the front page of the forum.

Different forums do have different rules when it comes to what a role a moderator has. Some just are exactly what the word implies a moderator, but others give moderators more authority as such as a teacher as well. I view moderators as shepherds of souls and look to them on a forum as one with authority and are guides, not just able to express their views.

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Posted By: Rosangela

Re: Information About Forum Moderators of MSDAOL - 03/15/06 02:54 PM

Liane,

I think the function of a moderator is to help the forum administrators to filter the posts, so that the forum rules are not violated, and to promote interest and participation within their forum. Other than that, I think both moderators and administrators participate in the discussions as common members who are exchanging ideas.
Posted By: Will

Re: Information About Forum Moderators of MSDAOL - 03/15/06 11:41 PM

Liane,
The reason why you see one name only is because you actually need to physically click on the link of the forum you want to enter. After youhave done that you will see a list of names, if you cant see them I suggest hitting CTRL-F for find, enter the name of lets say Rosangela, and you will see her name, my name Daryls name as well in line.
The feature works as expected, I believe your expectations were different in which case has nothing to do with how the actually functionality of the forum software operates, but more along the lines of what you consider a moderator to be. Am I correct?
God Bless,
Will

Re: Information About Forum Moderators of MSDAOL - 03/16/06 12:17 AM

Hi Brother Will:

Actually both.

I do see a moderator as a person that I suspect has earned due to several factors to have a responsibility as a moderator.

Most of they should reflect Jesus and be a support to members to help members in need, supoort, questions and information.

Just my view I can see a moderator being a forum moderator of a forum, but I also think they should continue to be listed as a moderator instead of a member in any forum as there could be so many factors such as illness, vacation, family problems that a particular forum moderator may not be able to take care of their forum.

I do see moderators as a form of shepherds of God's people on the forum. To be look up to and respected no matter what forum they are posting on.

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: Information About Forum Moderators of MSDAOL - 03/16/06 01:13 AM

The elders of MSDAOL?
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Information About Forum Moderators of MSDAOL - 03/16/06 04:40 AM

The only problem with that, Liane, is that, unless they are listed as a Forum Moderator of a particular forum, they do not have the powers of a Forum Moderator in that particular forum, although I do agree that their appearing as a Forum Moderator would carry some authority with it. I do have the ability to have every Forum Moderator of MSDAOL to appear as a Forum Moderator in every forum of MSDAOL, whether or not they are a Forum Moderator of that particular forum.

I am also only mainly listing the 1st Forum Moderator of each forum in the summary/main page or listing of forums.
Posted By: Rosangela

Re: Information About Forum Moderators of MSDAOL - 03/16/06 05:00 PM

Liane,

A moderator certainly must abide by the Bible and the biblical principles defended by the SDA church and, as you said, should reflect Jesus and be a support to members. However, I wouldn’t consider myself as a teacher or guide. Of course I pray that my contributions may benefit others, but I learn with others and I’m benefited by their contributions too. So we are all exchanging ideas. I particularly like MSDAOL because of the friendly atmosphere we have here. In many forums aggressiveness prevails. Then I consider that neither the administrators nor the moderators are performing their functions well, for how can an unchristian atmosphere prevail in a Christian forum?

Re: Information About Forum Moderators of MSDAOL - 03/16/06 08:40 PM

Hi Sister Rosangela:

Yes you are very right of what you said. We are all in a learning curve, we all are holding onto Jacob's
latter seeking the kingdom of God.

Though some of us may be in different places in our walk with God, some do have greater characters that reflect Jesus than do others.

Even some members have so much to share and could be even a moderator do not do so, but that is another issues altogether.

Many are called, but few are chosen. Just as the church structure a Christ like forum has some of the benefits that give opportunity to others in a big way. Often on Sabbath it is a blessing to be able to post on such a forum when one is sick, car broke down and cannot go to church and be able to hit a key and fellowship with others. What a blessing it is.

Moderators are just like the 12 apostles a witness to the world of Jesus. It is an awesome responsibility to be a moderator because they are not just writing and sharing views, but who Jesus is and how much we need Him.

Souls are in the balance and how we reflect Jesus determines the future of that soul. Even members must remember this very important fact.

Moderators are the example of what all of us should be like in Jesus. They are the glue that binds the fellowship of such a forum that reflects the truth, the way and the life.

Liane, the Zoo Mama
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church