24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts

Posted By: Daryl

24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts - 04/06/06 12:44 AM

I just discovered that I can create the 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts.

I just replaced the other one with this one to see how it looks and works.

What do you think of using this one in place of the other one that was there?

Re: 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts - 04/06/06 12:50 AM

Hope this is now showing in the list of posts.
Posted By: Tom

Re: 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts - 04/06/06 01:56 AM

The color tags aren't working. For example, [color=blue]test should display "test" in blue. Instead it shows the first tag as [color=blue] and the second one does't show up at all (i.e. the closing tag disappeared).

Also, it looks like html isn't working any more. Only UBB codes can be used. Is that correct?

Re: 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts - 04/06/06 03:49 AM

The HTML codes are enabled here, however, I still need to enable them in all the other forums, one forum at a time, therefore, with all the other things I need to do, it isn't high on my list, however, as I go to a forum, I will try to remember to enable that forum.

As far as the tags goes, I don't know what is causing that, whether it is a browser setting problem, or something else.

As Will is a proficient computer person, and an Assistant-Administrator, if he would like to enable each forum for HTML, he is welcome to do so.

Re: 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts - 04/06/06 11:55 PM

[color=blue]This is a test. This is a test.

This doesn't look like a browser setting problem. This browser is IE. I usually use Firefox, which I used to send the other message, so I'm getting the same behavior with two different browsers. Also I only have this problem on this forum.

Re: 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts - 04/07/06 03:44 AM

Using both the HTML and UBBCode setting above the posting/edit text box you can show a color such as the colour red.
Posted By: Colin

Re: 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts - 04/07/06 06:52 PM

Quote:

I just discovered that I can create the 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts.

I just replaced the other one with this one to see how it looks and works.

What do you think of using this one in place of the other one that was there?

It isn't nearly as good, though it has "more" information: 24 threads listed would be more useful, showing a range of topics, but each a different topic. The more discussed topics would stay at the top of the list, but the others would be visible for easy reference.

Right now, only two or three threads are visible of the 5 to 10 topics discussed of late or in the last 2 months.

Oh, well, what the rest of you think?

Re: 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts - 04/07/06 07:45 PM

I don't know what you're saying, Daryl. When I try clicking on the font color, nothing happens. The UBB code for colors is [color=name of color] to go on, and [slash color] to turn it off.

The html code is <font color=blue> to go on, and </font> to turn it off.

Neither one of these is getting colored text. How are you doing it?
Posted By: Stephanie Suranyi

Re: 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts - 04/08/06 01:55 AM

Colin, I agree. I think it would be nicer to have 24 most recent THREADS as opposed to 24 most recent POSTS.
Posted By: John H.

Re: 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts - 04/08/06 04:47 PM

I liked it better the old way.
Posted By: Rosangela

Re: 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts - 04/10/06 12:57 AM

I also prefer threads instead of posts.

Re: 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts - 04/10/06 01:28 AM

I actually do too, however, neither the posts or topics features are as good as the one prior to conversion except for the one that can be accessed at the following link:

http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/ubbth...mp;fromsearch=1

This link even includes topics within the private forums into which a person has access. The above link can also be found in the Navigation Bar at the top of the main page (listing of forums) as well as in some forums that have been updated accordingly. It can also be found at the bottom center of the main page or listing of forums.

Because of this I am thinking of removing the 24 most recent topics/posts completely.
Posted By: Rosangela

Re: 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts - 04/10/06 02:36 PM

Yes, I agree that it is better to remove this feature completely and leave just the messages within the last seven days, which is more complete.
By the way, Daryl, our pictures look distorted now but we can’t correct them because there is no way to access the link. Will this option in the future be included in the profile again?

Re: 24 Most Recent Public Forum Posts - 04/11/06 02:12 AM

I am going remove this feature in favour of the other new features and see how it goes.

I will keep the 24 most recent forum topics features at the following two links:

http://www.maritime-sda-online.org

http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/topics.html

As far as the picture distortion and link goes, when I get a chance down the priority list,I will check and see what the story is there.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church