revenge?

Posted By: Gerry Buck

revenge? - 07/27/00 02:50 PM

I received these statements in an e-mail subscription I have, and thought I'd throw them out here to see what type of response I'd get.
Revenge is a luxury you can't afford:

"All the while thou studiest revenge, thou art tearing thine own wound open."
--Thomas Fuller

"Living well is the best revenge."
--George Herbert

"To refrain from imitation is the best revenge."
--Marcus Aurelius

What do you think?

Gerry B.

Re: revenge? - 07/29/00 01:04 AM

Guess there aren't any takers.

------------------
Is what you're living for worth Christ dying for?

Gerry B.

Posted By: Daryl

Re: revenge? - 07/29/00 04:35 AM

How's this for a taker!

Romans 12:19 "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl Fawcett :)

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: revenge? - 07/31/00 10:04 AM

Gerry

You only gave 24 hours for "takers" to start replying! So now it's my turn!

"If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty; give him water to drink.:

For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head; and the Lord shall reward thee."
- Proverbs 25:21-22

------------------
"The joy of the Lord will be your strength." (Neh.8:10).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

-----------

How about heap. I just corrected it from "hep" to "heap."

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited July 31, 2000).]

Re: revenge? - 08/01/00 02:58 AM

Yessir David, that's revenge.

------------------

Gerry B.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: revenge? - 08/04/00 10:17 AM

Ask Laurie M to explain this one. BISACODYL & CITRATE OF MAGNESIA & clear liquids with IVP on your day off. That dear Gerry IS revenge.

I guess revenge is a relative term, the day after my daughter (a second year x-ray student explained it to me, I got prescribed one.)

A soon as I get back home after it, I will definitly start cooking some of my favorites again. Then I will have my revenge. That little foil covered last 10 mg. BISACODYL insult will get payback.

A pot full of "cajun beans & greens", home made gluten steaks, tomato sanwiches, tangy okra with lime juice,citric acid,salt,garlic, boiled till it's falling apart (how I like it ! ), mashed potatoes and gravy, breaded peppers, or fried green tomatoes. Huge "cat-head" biscuits loaded with a thick slab of tomato well salted. That tomato plant in the yard is too slow to ripen those huge brandywine tomatoes. Some of them are as big as small grapefruits - but still green as a gourd.

Right now my idea of revenge is solid food and plenty of it. Oh well, "my eyes will be bigger than my belly" as my grandma used to say. Just 6 more hours and I'll get to eat. Fasting own your on is ok, fasting because technology is too primitive to get around normal life is "barfy".

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

[This message has been edited by Edward F. Sutton (edited August 04, 2000).]

Re: revenge? - 08/04/00 04:31 PM

Okra?
Eeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyeeeeeewwwwwwww!

Slimy, nasty and just plain yuck.

(shudder uncontrolably)

------------------

Gerry B.

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church