Happy Sabbath!

Posted By: Daryl

Happy Sabbath! - 07/29/00 02:10 AM

The Sabbath will soon be here in the Maritimes.

I believe it has already started in Germany and will soon be over in Australia.

Happy Sabbath everyone wherever you all are!

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl Fawcett :)

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 07/29/00 02:59 AM

We have about an hour and a half here.
Happy Sabbath everyone.

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/11/00 09:17 PM

Sabbath began in Australia and other nearby places this morning and will soon be here also.

HAPPY SABBATH!!!!

------------------

Daryl Fawcett

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited August 11, 2000).]

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/12/00 01:10 AM

I've got a little less than four hours, but wanted to wish you all a Happy Sabbath early. It's going to be a hot one here! (When isn't it? But, I enjoy it).

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/12/00 03:12 AM

Sabbath began here almost an hour ago, therefore, have a happy and wonderful Sabbath everyone!

Psalms 118:24 "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

------------------

Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/13/00 01:19 AM

It has been a good Sabbath Day for us. My brother-in-law plus niece and nephew arrived safely Thursday night after a week-long drive across the country and are with us for the weekend. It has been 10 years since we saw any of them. I only wish my sister had been able to accompany them but had to stay behind to sell the house. They leave tomorrow for Kentucky where they will be making their new home. So much closer. Now maybe I can see them more often.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Linda Sutton (edited August 12, 2000).]

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/13/00 04:56 AM

It has been a wonderful Sabbath for me also. Started out by praising God with a spiritual song service..then we had a special feature...a young lady gave a report on her time as a student missionary in a place called Keto (not sure of the spelling) I believe in South America....she was a very talented speaker and could take us right there....then Doug Batchelor had the Sabbath School class...which is always a blessing...Pastor Batchelor also had the sermon...he spoke on "God turning the tables". He went through the Bible showing the places where God turned the table for those where it seemed like there was no way out. I recieved such a blessing from the sermon today.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/18/00 10:07 PM

The Sabbath is here once again for some of us and will soon be here for more of us and then will eventually be here for the rest of us.

HAPPY SABBATH EVERYONE!

------------------

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/18/00 11:12 PM

Happy Sabbath to you all! I pray that your Sabbath will be joyful and spiritually refreshing. May God Bless You all!

My husband and I are going to be out in nature, enjoying the fresh air - as opposed to city polluted air, and see God's creation in action - as opposed to cement 'trees'.

Happy Sabbath To You All!!!

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Posted By: PeggySue

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/19/00 07:40 AM

Happy Sabbath Dear Friends!

Just about an hour into the Sabbath here on Vancouver Island - and I'm looking forward to a time of spiritual refreshment!

I hope the Sabbath hours are, for each of you, exactly what you need and desire! God Bless!

Peggy

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/19/00 04:09 PM

Happy Sabbath all, a little over half way through here in Michigan, hope your sabbath is a blessed event for you and yours.

------------------
What is popular is not always right.
What is right is not always popular.

Gerry B.

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/26/00 02:41 AM

It seems that I am the first one on here to say HAPPY SABBATH!

------------------

Daryl

Posted By: Scott Slack

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/26/00 03:32 AM

Happy Sabbath, brother Daryl! and to all my new friends from Pugwash. Happy Sabbth to my new friend Peggy Sue as well! May God bless you all on this blessed Sabbath day!

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/26/00 04:15 AM

Happy Sabbath, Brother Scott!

------------------

Daryl

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/26/00 03:21 PM

Happy Sabbath y'all.
For the first time in over a month, I can spend the whole day at church.
My wife took the day off ( she's non-adventist0 so I don't have to stay home for part of the day.
Again, Happy Sabbath.

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/26/00 10:23 PM

Then Brother Gerry, I wish you a special Happy Sabbath Day!

------------------

Daryl

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/27/00 09:01 AM

OK - so I'm late!!

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you all had a really WONDERFUL Sabbath!! I came online earlier today and was ready to post a hello to all my friends here, but found myself nodding off at the keyboard almost as soon as I sat down. Decided that a little nap might be in order!

Our pastor was away today and we had a video sermon! An amazing sermon that had me literally in tears at times and giggling at other times!!! It even helped me to "forget" about the busy-ness of my Sabbath as I move throughout the service from the piano at the front of the church to the audio-visual equipment at the back of the church.

Was never at a fellowship dinner where so little food showed up - but you know what?? The fellowship and conversation was wonderful and it just didn't seem to matter to anyone there! Often times I find there's too much food there to choose from - I actually found that I liked this better!! hehehe

I sure am long-winded today, aren't I?¿?

Thank you all for the friendship and support I have found here! Take care of yourselves through the week, trust in the Lord for all things - and I'll look for you here next Sabbath! (Here in this thread that is - I'll look for you in the other forums throughout the week!! )

------------------
God Bless and Have a Great Day!
Peggy

[This message has been edited by PeggySue (edited August 27, 2000).]

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 08/27/00 02:28 PM

We had an especially Happy Sabbath yesterday also.

Our 3 church district had our annual outdoor service at a place called Jones' Field where we had an excellent Sabbath School class for the adults and, of course, also for the children under the beautiful sunny sky.

Our Worship Service was excellent also. Our guest speaker was Pastor Pedro Graça from our Moncton, NB church. His message was titled, Double Headed Nail. The Scripture Reading was Mark 10:49-52.

This was followed by an excellent Fellowship Dinner in the shade of the trees on the edge of the forest. Before heading for home, we were blessed by the song Amazing Grace by Zachary Howes on the bagpipes.

It was what I would call one of those perfect Sabbath days.

------------------

Daryl

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 09/02/00 03:02 AM

Still have some time to go before the Sabbath begins here in Beautiful BC but I know there are many of you for whom it has already arrived - so it is to you, and to all the rest to follow that I say:

Happy Sabbath, Everyone!

------------------
Peggy

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 09/02/00 03:37 AM

Peggy isn't late this time!

In fact, she beat me to it this time!

Happy Sabbath, Everyone!

------------------

Daryl

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited September 01, 2000).]

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 09/09/00 01:41 AM

This time, I am the first one to say HAPPY SABBATH EVERYONE!

------------------

Daryl

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 09/09/00 01:42 PM

Hello Dear Friends!

Happy Sabbath to you all!

Don't know why this is the first time this came to me - but as I was writing just now I thought of this dear old man in my church. Every Sabbath when he arrives for Sabbath School he walks around shaking everyone's hand and saying "Happy Sabbath" and I think sometimes we take it for granted... but I know, for me, it's become a special part of my Sabbath! It makes me happy to be able to share that with you here as well!!

------------------
Peggy

[This message has been edited by PeggySue (edited September 09, 2000).]

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 09/09/00 02:10 PM

SHABBAT SHALOM

Happy Sabbath y'all.

------------------

Gerry B.

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 09/22/00 09:06 PM

HAPPY SABBATH EVERYONE!

Sabbath hasn't arrived here yet, however, it has arrived elsewhere, therefore, let me be the first to welcome those of you that are in the Sabbath into the Sabbath and the rest as the Sabbath hours strike.

------------------

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 09/30/00 02:31 AM

We are now at least one and one half hours into the Sabbath in Atlantic Canada, therefore, I want to wish everybody another Happy Sabbath.

-----------

Daryl

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 09/30/00 03:08 PM

May God's peace be in you, may His blessings abound with you, and may the joy and fellowship of the Sabbath be upon you.

Happy Sabbath

------------------

Gerry B.

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 10/07/00 04:55 AM

Happy Sabbath everyone.

We are having a cooler wet one here.

-----------

Daryl

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited October 06, 2000).]

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 10/21/00 02:59 AM

It is once again time to extend a Happy Sabbath to everyone!

It is actually going to be a mild one here.

Daryl

Posted By: Jason P

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 10/21/00 06:20 AM

Happy Sabbath Daryl! Looks like it may be a rainy one here, unfortunately. But at least we can have sunshine on the inside!

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 10/28/00 02:22 PM

Another Sabbath has arrived and this one is going to be a rainy one here.

HAPPY SABBATH EVERYONE!

Daryl

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 10/28/00 05:46 PM

Happy Sabbath to everyone. I am on my way to church this am...Jason is right....looks like we are going to have a rainy Sabbath here in CA...but the Son will be shining in church...I know I will receive a blessing today from worshipping with my fellow brothers and sisters. Pastor Batchelor always gives such an uplifting sermon from God.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Whoops! Just noticed Jason's message was from last Sabbath....but it is still looks like rain again

[This message has been edited by Avalee Lohman (edited October 28, 2000).]

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 12/02/00 02:39 AM

Happy Sabbath everyone!

The Sabbath comes in real early here now as this Sabbath began at 4:42 p.m.

Daryl

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 05/19/01 03:28 AM

It has been too long since somebody said Happy Sabbath in this thread, therefore, "HAPPY SABBATH" everybody!

Daryl

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited May 18, 2001).]

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 05/19/01 05:14 AM

Shabath Shalome!

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 05/26/01 11:23 PM

Happy Sabbath everybody!

We enjoyed a beautiful sunny Sabbath outdoor fellowship dinner at the city park. After that, we walked around enjoying the ducks and geese, a turtle, and a squirrel. We especially noticed a goose watching over her eggs and rolling them over. They were lovely sized eggs that should soon be hatching.

I should also be posting this in the bird watchers forum. I think I will.

Daryl

Posted By: Angie S

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 06/02/01 11:29 PM

Happy Sabbath to all. I guess I'm the first one for this week. I didn't know this thread was going on, or I woulda posted a long time ago. Have a wonderful day!

------------------
Blessed is he... whose hope is in the
Lord his God. Psalms 146:5

Angie

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 06/03/01 12:27 AM

Happy Sabbath to both Angie and others!

It isn't as lovely a Sabbath weather-wise like it was last Sabbath, however, I pray it either was or still is a sunny Sabbath in each of our hearts.

Daryl

Posted By: Angie S

Re: Happy Sabbath! - 06/09/01 02:10 AM

Wow, what a beautiful Sabbath we're going to have! It's supposed to get up near 80 with nothing but sun! What wonderful weather to spend with God! Happy Sabbath to you all. The sun is going to set in a couple of hours and I am so happy the weekend is here! God bless you all this Sabbath!

------------------
Blessed is he... whose hope is in the
Lord his God. Psalms 146:5

Angie

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church