God Is Close To The Broken Hearted

Posted By: Anonymous

God Is Close To The Broken Hearted - 07/28/00 11:10 PM

It came to me that as a group; it might be useful to have a thread that dealt specifically with helpful and encouraging quotations from the Bible, SOP, or any other credible source, that has really helped us during a time of crises.

I will start with the enclosed Biblical text; and would invite you all to share what has been meaningful, and helpful to me in some way:

"Our God is close to the broken hearted. Those who are crushed in spirit; God saves!"
(Ps.34:19).

------------------
"The joy of the Lord will be your strength." (Neh.8:10).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

[This message has been edited by DavidTBattler (edited July 31, 2000).]

Re: God Is Close To The Broken Hearted - 07/29/00 10:15 AM

"Worry is blind and cannot discern the future; but Jesus sees the end from the beginning. In every difficulty, He has His way prepared to bring relief. 'No good thing will He withold from them that walk uprightly.'

Our heavenly Father has a thousand ways to provide for us, of which we know nothing. Those who accept the one principle of making the service of God supreme will find perplexities vanish, and a plain path before their feet." (MH 481).

------------------

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Re: God Is Close To The Broken Hearted - 07/31/00 09:28 AM

"The light of the body is the eye. If, therefore, thine eye be single; thy whole body shall be full of light!" (Mat.6:22).

"Christianity will make a man a gentleman. Christ was courteous - even to His persecutors; and His true followers will manifest the same spirit."
- Help In Daily Living, pg.22-23

------------------

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Re: God Is Close To The Broken Hearted - 07/31/00 09:35 AM

"There is an eloquence far more powerful than the eloquence of words, in the quiet, consistent life, of a pure, true Christian. What a man is has more influence than what he says."
- Help In Daily Living, pg.1

[This message has been edited by DavidTBattler (edited July 31, 2000).]

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: God Is Close To The Broken Hearted - 08/01/00 03:08 PM

I heard this in a sermon given by a pastor that has since left our area.

He preached a sermon to us one sabbath about the equipping of the saints.
Anyway, it goes like this:
God doesn't call the enabled, He enables the called.

That statement has helped me, especially after our last pastor ( a Canadian that doesn't know the meaning of the word no ) 'invited' me to start preaching, once a month.
It went to 2 or 3 times a month some months, and I really needed that reminder.

Re: God Is Close To The Broken Hearted - 08/02/00 06:47 AM

"What love, what matchless love, that, sinners and aliens as we are, we may be brought back to God and adopted into His family! We may address Him by the endearing name, "Our Father," which is a sign of our affection for Him and a pledge of His tender regard and relationship to us. And the Son of God, beholding the heirs of grace, "is not ashamed to call them brethren."

5T 739-740

------------------

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church