Church Bulletine Bloopers

Posted By: Rick

Church Bulletine Bloopers - 11/09/01 06:47 AM

Here are a few humorous excerpts from actual church bulletins.

- "Today the pastor will preach his farewell message after which the choir will sing, 'Break Forth Into Joy'"

- " National Prayer and Fasting Conference on April 5. The cost to attend includes meals."

- "Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Don't forget your husbands."

- "The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to conflict."

- "Barbara remains in hospital & needs blood donors. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Andrew's sermons."

- "Next Thursday will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get."

Posted By: Daryl

Re: Church Bulletine Bloopers - 11/09/01 11:12 PM

I especially like the one about Pastor Andrew.

Daryl

Posted By: Andrew Marttinen

Re: Church Bulletine Bloopers - 11/10/01 01:24 AM

The spooky part is that there is a parishener in my church named Barbara. She's our treasurer.

By the way, tapes of my sermons are available if anyone needs to get a healthy rest.

At the Mountain Andrews Chruch in Winnipeg, I (the bulletin editor) was responsible for one of the best bulletin bloopers ever:

Special Christmas Event:"The Senior Ladies' Chorus will be sinning (supposed to be singing) at the West Park Nursing Home this Sabbath Afternoon."

------------------
The great ships are safe in the harbour, but that's not what they were built for.

Posted By: Daryl

Re: Church Bulletine Bloopers - 11/10/01 02:06 AM

Now that is what I call a real blooper!

I haven't had such a good laugh in a long time!

Daryl

Posted By: Chantale Bérubé

Re: Church Bulletine Bloopers - 11/10/01 10:55 PM

hehehe~~
These are funny!!! I can't imagine having the one that says something like "...don't forget your husbands.." in our church bulletin... !!
Anyways..
God bless!
Chantale

[This message has been edited by Chantale Berube (edited November 10, 2001).]

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church