Canadian Knowledge Test

Posted By: Daryl

Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/04/02 05:27 AM

I wonder how many of us, Canadian or non-Canadian, knows what is the capital of some of our provinces of Canada, therefore, please participate in this poll and see how we do.

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/06/02 06:41 AM

I see a few have responded with some interesting results, therefore, keep those responses coming. [Smile]
Posted By: John H.

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/06/02 03:03 AM

I got 8 out of 10, and didn't look up anything ahead of time. (Honest!) If it hadn't been multiple choice, though, that score would have been much lower.

Even so, not too bad for an ignernt Southerner, eh?

Let's just hope Ikan doesn't come up with a quiz on the geographical features of Borneo.

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/09/02 09:50 PM

Time is running out to respond to this POLL, therefore, I hope more of you will respond real soon as the POLL will close on June 11th.
Posted By: Joe Knapp

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/09/02 11:11 PM

I hope I did okay, since I have only been to two provinces. I am more focused on overseas.

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/09/02 11:48 PM

After the POLL closes, I will post the answers here. [Smile]
Posted By: D R

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/10/02 03:45 AM

[Reading] Nice Poll, one correction though, the Capital of the Province of Quebec should have the word "City" following the name of the Capital...or "Ville de _______." [Smile]

[ June 09, 2002, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Daniel Richards ]
Posted By: Nancy Carver Abbott

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/10/02 06:35 AM

Clearly my Canadian geography lessons did not sink in! (If I had any ...)

Nancy
Posted By: J E Halstead

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/10/02 08:55 AM

I knew I didn't really know most of the capitols but my excuse is living most of my life in Arkansas and North Carolina. I've visited all the provinces from Ontario eastward and many of the cities suggested for those provinces but I'm really not sure how I did on even those.

THANKS for pointing out our appalling lack of knowledge down here about our northern neighbor. We should be ashamed. (I'd get 48 or better on the 50 states though.) I can't wait for the answers so I'm going to find a map as soon as I leave here. Good poll!

JEH
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/10/02 05:42 PM

Hmm, didnt even know all of those states exsisted. Guess canadian geography isnt my strongest side.

God knows

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/11/02 06:55 AM

I am finding the results rather interesting.

I wouldn't want to tackle the capital of all the 50 states of the USA. Too many to remember for a Canadian let alone for an American. [Big Grin]

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/11/02 05:08 AM

This is the last night in which you can respond to this poll.

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/11/02 07:35 PM

Only three hours remaining for you to participate in the POLL. [Smile]
Posted By: Amelia

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/11/02 09:24 PM

What about The Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut? Are they independant governments, yet tied to Canada, or dont you view them as part of the country?

Amelia

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/11/02 09:34 PM

I guess you know your Canadian geography and history too! [Big Grin]

I purposefully didn't include the territories of Canada as I thought doing only the provinces would be enough of a task. [Smile]

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/12/02 03:22 AM

As you have noticed the POLL has been closed since 4:30 p.m. ADT.

The answers proved out to be rather interesting, however, the majority of you did make the correct choice, therefore, each answer showing the highest precentage is the correct answer to each question.

Some of them were close though to being wrong on the higher percentage side.

Now, let us see how we all do on the other POLL that Ikan started.
Posted By: Sarah Moss

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/13/02 06:15 AM

I just had a quick look at the results, and it shows how quickly we read these things (especially when we think we know all the answers!) [Smile] Did you know that Edmonton is spelled wrong in your poll? So, technically, you did not include the capital of Alberta ... [Big Grin] Just kidding....

That's okay. You would think that since I have such beautiful pictures of the legislative grounds in Victoria from my honeymoon that I would have remembered that Victoria is the capital and not Vancouver... talk about a brain stop moment.

[ June 12, 2002, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Mrs Sarah Moss ]

Re: Canadian Knowledge Test - 06/13/02 04:37 AM

Now for the answers:

The capital of the provinces of Canada are:

1 - The capital of Newfoundland is St. John's.
2 - The capital of Nova Scotia is Halifax.
3 - The capital of Prince Edward Island is Charlottetown.
4 - The capital of New Brunswick is Fredericton.
5 - The capital of Quebec (province) is Quebec (city).
6 - The capital of Ontario is Toronto.
7 - The capital of Manitoba is Winnipeg.
8 - The capital of Saskatchewan is Regina.
9 - The capital of Alberta is Edmonton, not Edmondton. [Big Grin]
10 - The capital of British Columbia is Victoria.

It was good for me and probably for some of you to refresh myself/ourselves on the provinces and capital cities of each of the provinces of Canada.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church