Poll vaulting the Atlantic

Posted By: Ikan

Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/10/02 07:00 PM

Ok! Now that those southern neighbors who knowth not much of Canada have been properly educated, let's get really globally oriented.
Let's name the capitals of these European countries.

Re: Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/11/02 07:47 PM

And only 18 days and 20 minutes to answer this poll. Wrong answers from Swedes cost double points!
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/11/02 09:13 PM

Actually, as you don't have a stop time on this poll as I do on the Canadian poll, I don't think it will ever stop. [Big Grin]

[ June 11, 2002, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Daryl Fawcett ]

Re: Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/12/02 06:23 AM

Ok! No time limit for making it in on this poll; I will close it on my whim. Västergötland has been chosen (without permission) to be the offical authority over any questionable answers...because you North Americans have fallen into my trap questions...hehehe!!!

Re: Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/13/02 06:42 AM

Come on shy ones! No names revealed; come look at the wacky answers and blush with them!!!
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/13/02 01:50 AM

Great initiative Ikan. Have looked at the answeres and as it looks at the moment, the given answeres cannot be used to show the right result. [Razz]

What exactly does it mean to be
quote:
offical authority over any questionable answers
Does it mean that I will have to explain the correct answere to people sending angry messages? [Reading] [Eek!]

God bless you all

Re: Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/13/02 04:15 AM

Yes, our Nordic friend, the answers are not listed; when the poll is finished, we may need the voice of one from Europe to prove the answers I give are correct....or not....one or two many N.Americans may not know.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/13/02 04:24 AM

I have a globe of the world that I can look at. [Big Grin]

There is also the power of the internet. [Big Grin]

And then, there is the world atlas, etc. [Reading]

Re: Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/15/02 12:12 PM

Need some more poll takers to test their European knowledge...It's got SDA trivia in the questions, too! Antipodeans get extra points! (It's a good word, folks.)
Posted By: Chantale Bérubé

Re: Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/16/02 12:24 AM

Oh my! I didn't know the answer to one of those, I guessed them all, turns out that most of what I choose what was the majority chose.. lol
Alright!
hehe
Posted By: zyph

Re: Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/16/02 12:56 AM

The Antipodeans have shown those Americans a thing or two! Double points, eh? And the prize? [Razz]

Re: Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/16/02 01:40 AM

Who says the majority is always right, though, eh?

Oh..as for a prize: I telephoned the Geography Central Prize Reclaimation in S.Korea.
The agent was out of the office at the corner eatery,(I wonder why?) but I got him on his cell phone.
Top prize is a weekend holiday in San Diego !!!
Or was that Serajevo?
Posted By: John H.

Re: Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/16/02 05:04 AM

Question #6 actually has two correct answers!
Posted By: J E Halstead

Re: Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/16/02 10:19 AM

Hopefully this unannounced deadline will arrive shortly since I think I did better here than I did on Canada. Acutally though, I think I only missed one there. I like reading about travel and I love maps so this kind of poll is fun.

Thanks,
JEH

Re: Poll vaulting the Atlantic - 06/16/02 03:41 PM

*Ding..*ding... *ding The European Poll, she is now a-finished.
The results are rather interesting and but not too frightening.
Our Swedish official is ready?
Gut.

#1. Bern has been the capital of Switzerland since they put the nest in Nestle. Lot's goofed here.

#2.Only 1 person missed the Prague question.Very amazing!

#3.The German question really showed our ages: Berlin has been re-made the capital for 12 years now.Umph-pa-pa!

#4.Athens is correct. Feta Kase is German for feta cheese, so I'm glad no one fell for that!

#5.This is the only one everyone got right! Ha!
Should have used Ikea instead of Haggen Das.

#6. The Cyprus capital is Nicosia: sure it's Europe. Ask the Greeks who run the show there. Don't ask the Turkish side.

Now any hassles over #6, and I'll bring up the Swiss Confusion!
So, who wants the weekend in Sarajevo? You can use my Yugo.

PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY MORE POSTS HERE SO OTHERS CAN SEE THAT THE POLL IS FINISHED...THANKS!!!!!

[ June 16, 2002, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Ikan ]
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church